Free PC Team Fortress 2 Weekend again

Maybe pyro achievements in 90 minutes, but you'll have to wait till tomorrow at 11:00 PST for the free weekend.

"Finally, to give everyone a chance to try the new weapons and community maps, Valve will hold another Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend via Steam beginning this Friday at 11 am PDT."

[quote name='help1']I just played this game on the 360 yesterday, and I really don't see the fascination.[/quote]
Try again with a mouse and keyboard and not a lousy controller. You know, how it's really meant to be played.

You know with orange box for 30 new at gamestop now...I might have to give this free weekend and see what its like.

Thanks OP

[quote name='help1']I just played this game on the 360 yesterday, and I really don't see the fascination.[/quote]
Maybe because Valve is not greedy and doesn't charge anything for all the extra contents?

Also you need at least 24 players on a server to really enjoy the teamwork and chaos.

[quote name='kosmos13x']You know with orange box for 30 new at gamestop now...I might have to give this free weekend and see what its like.

Thanks OP[/quote]
Dude it's a five game bundle, that's $5 each and they are all really good games too.

[quote name='Evi1d33d']

Dude it's a five game bundle, that's $5 each and they are all really good games too.[/quote]

if 5 x 5 = 30 what = 25 then :lol:

Like i said just trying it out regardless of price. Not a huge HL fan so I would mainly be getting it for just protal and TF2. I have a backlog of offline and online games (lotro FTW) so wanna see if its enough for me to make time for it atm.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Like i said just trying it out regardless of price. Not a huge HL fan so I would mainly be getting it for just protal and TF2. I have a backlog of offline and online games (lotro FTW) so wanna see if its enough for me to make time for it atm.[/quote]

If it helps any, I hated Half Life 1 and bought the Orange Box only to play Portal.

I ended up loving Portal as much as I thought I would, really liking Team Fortress 2, and actually enjoying the HL2 games. I've also enjoyed some great fanmade single player campaigns for HL2, some better than the Valve content.

While I think Valve should release all the class expansions at once, because I don't enjoy it when everyone is playing just one class, my signature should show my excitement about the Pyro extra weapons...

BURN!!!

burn burn burn, chop chop chop, burn chop burn.

This free weekend is part of their Pyro Week - Full news post below.

Team Fortress 2 Pyro Update Week

June 16, 2008, 4:55 pm - Alden Kroll - Press Release

Valve today announced a set of new releases for Team Fortress 2, the title named Multiplayer Game of the Year by PC Gamer and Gamespy.com.

The main event of the week is the Pyro Update, which will be made available this Thursday and contains three unlockable new weapons for the Pyro plus 35 new achievements. In addition, two user-created maps are included to highlight the great work being done in the community and distribute those works to all TF2 players..

Meanwhile as folks wait for the Pyro Update to be released, the latest in the "Meet the Team" video shorts, "Meet the Sniper," will be made available tomorrow (Tuesday, June 17) at 11 am PDT along with a web site dedicated to the Pyro update.

Finally, to give everyone a chance to try the new weapons and community maps, Valve will hold another Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend via Steam beginning this Friday at 11 am PDT.

[quote name='help1']I just played this game on the 360 yesterday, and I really don't see the fascination.[/QUOTE]
I traded (not here, that would be against the rules) my Valve account for the 360 version. After playing for 10 mins, I went and bought the PC version again.

No comparison.

I think it's one of the best, most fun FPSs ever made, and I've played a helluva lot of em for a helluva long time.

Anyone know if I can use the Orange Box discs to install steam and tf2 to use for the free play, rather than wasting time to download it all? I already have a steam account, but it would be nice to be able to play with my bro this weekend, who doesn't have it.

XD 360 TF2 sucks. Play it how it's supposed to be played

[quote name='Teeheehee']Anyone know if I can use the Orange Box discs to install steam and tf2 to use for the free play, rather than wasting time to download it all? I already have a steam account, but it would be nice to be able to play with my bro this weekend, who doesn't have it.[/QUOTE]

Seems like you should be able to. Just a guess though.

I can't find the download link anywhere. It says today at 11am PT, and that was almost 2 hours ago. Where'd it go? :( I have it pre-loaded and everything...

Yeah, I have the 360 version and have been extremely jealous of the cool extra stuff the PC gamers get. Will have to see how well it runs on my PC, may have to buy that version, too.

[quote name='Capitalizt']Download Steam here: http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=about&cc=US

Then download the full game Here!

Hey folks, post these links and spread the word on the other non-gaming forums you visit. We need more noobs to torture!! ;)[/quote]
well I haven't played an FPS on my PC since Marathon 2. I tried out TF at my local game pub and it looks like it could be fun with more than 3 people. I was going to ask how this 'free play' thing worked but I guess Capitalizt answers all my questions.

Team Fortress 2 is much better on the PC than the console.

As someone already stated, the game is MUCH more fun with at least 24 players.. but 32 player servers are even more fun.

I like the 24 person matches better. 32 players means I end up getting tagged by a stray spray and pray shot more often. It just seems like the skill level decreases for positive results once the number hits 30+. Just my observation though.

I've played TF2 on the 360, and I still found it to be a lot of fun, despite the many things it lacks. I have The Orange Box on the PC, as well, but haven't gotten around to playing online. I would probably now, but I am absorbed by MGO, at the moment.

I played the free weekend and I am in love with this game. Why did wait so long for this. Now, I need 20 bucks. Oh well, there is always soda cans on the highway. Those cans won't pick themselves.

bread's done
Back