Free Plants vs. Zombies for PC/Mac for Halloween (Oct. 30-Nov. 10)

[quote name='Wedgie']It says download "a" free P vs. Z game. Does that mean it's not the full retail version and probably a watered down version or demo? Or am I reading too much into it?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'd be psyched if it ends up being some new short halloween PvZ game or something since I already have the original on PS3 and DS. But the cards themselves say "Get Plants vs Zombies for PC or Mac Free"...so it sounds like it's the full retail game. Probably a combo of an ADA promotion and free advertising for PvZ 2 coming out next year.

[quote name='Wedgie']It says download "a" free P vs. Z game. Does that mean it's not the full retail version and probably a watered down version or demo? Or am I reading too much into it?[/QUOTE]

It says "FREE! A $19.95 Value!"

It's the retail game.

I already own PvZ for the PC, Xbox 360 (2 copies digital and on disc) and DS yet I am strangely excited about this giveaway. Not sure why.

[quote name='ooga']I already own PvZ for the PC, Xbox 360 (2 copies digital and on disc) and DS yet I am strangely excited about this giveaway. Not sure why.[/QUOTE]

As a multi-copy owner myself, I am pretty sure you're excited because it's awesome. Oh, and a good way to spread the word to folks who haven't played it yet.

[quote name='ooga']I already own PvZ for the PC, Xbox 360 (2 copies digital and on disc) and DS yet I am strangely excited about this giveaway. Not sure why.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I own it on two systems and am kind of excited about this, too. Does the pc version have anything that's not in the other versions? I know the DS version had some exclusive minigames.

Wow, that's actually really awesome. I Plants vs Zombies. I've beat it once on my 360 and three times on my iPod Touch. This is an awesome little campaign too, to team up with the ADA.

And this'll be the first Halloween since I bought my house (technically we were moving in on Halloween night last year...not fun... so we never got to celebrate). I can't wait to have Trick or Treaters to share these with.

[quote name='Koiji']And this'll be the first Halloween since I bought my house (technically we were moving in on Halloween night last year...not fun... so we never got to celebrate). I can't wait to have Trick or Treaters to share these with.[/QUOTE]

Hey I moved in on Halloween too but it was 8 years ago. In 8 years, I've had less than 12 kids total. Any kid that shows up gets 3 full size chocolate bars.

Oh and thanks OP for the freebie.

PvZ is a huge cash cow & people have been clamoring for a sequel for years, there's no way in hell ea won't push one out.

also, I let some of my friends that are teachers know about this promo - they're gonna print these out for all of their students

[quote name='pablo9000']PvZ is a huge cash cow & people have been clamoring for a sequel for years, there's no way in hell ea won't push one out.
[/QUOTE]

Lol...by unscathed, I was thinking more along the lines of "without EA turning it into a tactical cover-based fps".

I like this deal, but I think that the timing on announcing it is annoying. I won't remember this in over a month from now unless this thread just sits here for the whole time (or a month from now someone starts a new thread), so...

...I don't like deals being announced 1.5 months in advance. Because I just want to go ahead, get it, and move on. That said, it IS free, so hey.

Whatever. Just someone wake me when it's ready.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I ordered this. Its free but like 12 dollars shipping. :(

http://catalog.ada.org/productcatalog/1913/Activity-Coloring-Books/Stop-Zombie-Mouth-Kit/Z101

I'm going to throw them in with candy. I don't get many trick or treaters, less than 10 the past two years. Which is weird because I live across from a school but guess kids don't trick or treat like they used to. I'm the full size candy bar guy and I usually give two of those to each kid. I will probably give the left over cards to coworkers.[/QUOTE]

THAT is awesome. would there be a problem making an account for that. The site obviously is geared toward dentist professionals, but I would think anyone willing to help "spread the word" would be welcome. OP be sure to bump this thread when it gets closer. Thanks.

I'm going to snag a code for myself as I've never had kids knock at my door nor would I want to (graveyard shift worker here).

For those people upset about giving kids nothing but a piece of paper, why not also give out sugar free candy? Sure, it's expensive as hell compared to the normal stuff, but it also doesn't promote tooth decay.

[quote name='walkonshadows']THAT is awesome. would there be a problem making an account for that. The site obviously is geared toward dentist professionals, but I would think anyone willing to help "spread the word" would be welcome. OP be sure to bump this thread when it gets closer. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's not a problem at all, you do not need to be a dental professional to sign up on the site. I just placed my order, can't wait to give these out during Halloween (in addition to candy). Thanks OP! :D

[quote name='Bosamba']I'm going to snag a code for myself as I've never had kids knock at my door nor would I want to (graveyard shift worker here).

For those people upset about giving kids nothing but a piece of paper, why not also give out sugar free candy? Sure, it's expensive as hell compared to the normal stuff, but it also doesn't promote tooth decay.[/QUOTE]

Actually why does it have to be one extreme or the other? If you are getting the message out about keeping teeth clean, then there is absolutely no reason NOT to give out candy. Of course there's always the one smartass kid who ask why he should care since they fall out and he gets new ones, but other than that there's no reason you can't wrap these coupons around a candy bar. If you do just give out paper, it has the opposite effect. They are coming to you door, and you know exactly why and what they want. Don't be the guy giving the freakin apples out instead of candy. Everyone can win in this.

I saved the PDF of the vouchers as a file called PRINT_THIS_ON_OCT_30 and clicked print. I'm sure to notice it sitting in my printing queue sometime before then

[quote name='AoA']I saved the PDF of the vouchers as a file called PRINT_THIS_ON_OCT_30 and clicked print. I'm sure to notice it sitting in my printing queue sometime before then[/QUOTE]

set an alarm on your phone or something.

I just remembered I should be printing these now as I have no idea whether I'll have power on Halloween.

It's live now. Looks like it's not linked to any client service (like Steam or Origin). It's just a game installer.

Actually, a it's a trial version, and you use a code that they email to you to upgrade to the full version.

Yeah, I might just pick it up on steam for $2.50. The resolution in this one is really bad too. I doubt the steam version will be any better but at least its the GOTY edition.

Does it install some garbage Game Manager software, or is it just the game? I don't want more steam-like game distrubution software on my PC.

[quote name='offensive_jerk']Does it install some garbage Game Manager software, or is it just the game? I don't want more steam-like game distrubution software on my PC.[/QUOTE]

Your question was already answered by The End

[quote name='The End']It's live now. Looks like it's not linked to any client service (like Steam or Origin). It's just a game installer.

Actually, a it's a trial version, and you use a code that they email to you to upgrade to the full version.[/QUOTE]

Is anyone else having trouble with installing this, this morning. It keeps telling me my internet connectivity is down but I'm not having trouble with anything else.

I already have this on steam somehow. Gf played the DS version a ton and from what I could tell it was the same game. For free, why not, except it looks like you need to go through Popcap to get it.

I made a post about this at the beginning of the month. I guess it was too early at the time for people to get excited about it.

[quote name='aaronandjenni']I made a post about this at the beginning of the month. I guess it was too early at the time for people to get excited about it.[/QUOTE]

This thread was started September 10th.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']Yeah, I might just pick it up on steam for $2.50. The resolution in this one is really bad too. I doubt the steam version will be any better but at least its the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

rather use that 2.50 and put it towards a game im hooked on

BATTLE SLOTS

now before you say GLAH a slot game... think of it as Puzzle quest meets a slot machine ....

now to find it somewhere cheaper then 10 bucks online

(on pogo monthly right now for 8 but you only RENT IT you dont OWN it)

Seems either popcap servers are overloaded or something is wrong, but I can't get the game right now. After I click through the stopzombiemouth.com link, it just keeps failing trying to connect to shop.popcap.com. I guess I'll try again later, at least this offer is good for a couple of days. Oh well, back to hurricane cleanup. Hope all the NorthEast CAGs are doing alright!

[quote name='jjz203']Seems either popcap servers are overloaded or something is wrong, but I can't get the game right now. After I click through the stopzombiemouth.com link, it just keeps failing trying to connect to shop.popcap.com. I guess I'll try again later, at least this offer is good for a couple of days. Oh well, back to hurricane cleanup. Hope all the NorthEast CAGs are doing alright![/QUOTE]
Same here. Now I realize I already have this on Steam.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Anyone else having trouble using your order code? Mine constantly fails out....[/QUOTE]

Same here, it's probably due to the traffic. I'd suggest trying later.

[quote name='ooga']This thread was started September 10th.[/QUOTE]

Whoops! I thought it was started October 10th. My bad.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']A direct link for those still looking for the coupon printouts. (The link on the site isn't working at the moment.)[/QUOTE]

Big thanks. Now I have it on all my platforms(mac, ps3, iOS)

bread's done
Back