Free Plants vs. Zombies for PC/Mac for Halloween (Oct. 30-Nov. 10)

[quote name='slidecage']rather use that 2.50 and put it towards a game im hooked on

BATTLE SLOTS

now before you say GLAH a slot game... think of it as Puzzle quest meets a slot machine ....

now to find it somewhere cheaper then 10 bucks online

(on pogo monthly right now for 8 but you only RENT IT you dont OWN it)[/QUOTE]

+1 for Battle Slots. It's surprisingly addictive. If you check the sales on Big Fish you can generally get it pretty cheap there, especially if you use a new signup bonus and you don't have to sub either, just make an account there.

Anyway, free is free so I will still grab PvZ when the site goes back live.

[quote name='Greyghost']+1 for Battle Slots. It's surprisingly addictive. If you check the sales on Big Fish you can generally get it pretty cheap there, especially if you use a new signup bonus and you don't have to sub either, just make an account there.

Anyway, free is free so I will still grab PvZ when the site goes back live.[/QUOTE]

my virus protection hates big fish games and wont load their games LOL

[quote name='slidecage']my virus protection hates big fish games and wont load their games LOL[/QUOTE]

It's not from big fish. It's directly from popcap. The drm is just a wrapper. Try it and see.

So disappointed. Although I live in the U.S., I'm currently studying abroad and when I go to the website I get this "Sorry, only residents of the U.S. are eligible for this promotion". Ideas, anyone?

[quote name='Os Money']u could just have someone fill in your info for ya...someone thats in the us and put your email in there...[/QUOTE] Other than an email address, what else needs to be filled in?

Thanks OP. Good game. Great giveaway. Printed out 200.

How much candy is in a big bag, 50-100? Last year, I gave out 5 bags of candy and still ran out. I gave the kids 25 cents after that.

[quote name='aronater']Other than an email address, what else needs to be filled in?[/QUOTE]

Just an e-mail address and the code, PEAH8R.

I think these have limited activations (5 total, 1 per computer). Something to keep in mind, although they say you can contact them if you run out. Doesn't seem to be DRM-free, unless the stuff they mention in the FAQ doesn't apply to PvZ.

like stealing candy from a baby...well, if "candy" was a digital download and "baby" was a child inspired to learn about good dental hygiene.

[quote name='sunghost']I think these have limited activations (5 total, 1 per computer). Something to keep in mind, although they say you can contact them if you run out. Doesn't seem to be DRM-free, unless the stuff they mention in the FAQ doesn't apply to PvZ.[/QUOTE]

It has Popcap's DRM wrapper.

Printed out a bunch for tonight. Irrationally, I fear someone else near me may have done the same, thus making mine lame and redundant. Yes, I'm giving out candy as well.

That's an interesting point though -- kind of hard to say everyone should substitute a gift for candy when the gift is something you only need one of and duplicates are worthless.

[quote name='aronater']Do they give you a steam code, or is it a direct download?[/QUOTE]

It's a direct download...no client affiliation. You input your e-mail and the code on the site, and they e-mail you the link to download the game and a code to register it.

[quote name='MR_E']It's a direct download...no client affiliation. You input your e-mail and the code on the site, and they e-mail you the link to download the game and a code to register it.[/QUOTE] Thanks for responding. So say a friend enters my email address for me, and doesn't download anything, but sends me the registration code. Would I be able to put the code aside and eventually use it to get the game, when I get back to the states?

[quote name='D0RC']Thanks. Can I download the game later or is there an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

As noted in the OP, "The code is good from October 30th to Nov 10th."

[quote name='crunchewy']As noted in the OP, "The code is good from October 30th to Nov 10th."[/QUOTE]
Oh I think he ment the coupon code, PEAH8R. I was wondering about the game code itself.

[quote name='D0RC']Thanks. Can I download the game later or is there an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure, but I think as long as you've redeemed the code on the stop zombie mouth site, you should be good to download/install it later. They just send you an e-mail with a link to the "trial" version of the game from popcap's site and a registration code to unlock the full version. I doubt the registration code expires with the promo.

When I click the get game button, it just pops open the same window in a new tab. So there is nowhere to enter the code.

Edit: It opened when I right-clicked and told it to open in new window. That was weird.

It's actually in my PopCap account now :D So I'd assume it can be redownloaded whenever.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Last night I bit into a Dot and it pulled out my top front implant. So maybe the ADA is on to something here with this "zombie mouth" thing.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean you have the uncontrollable urge to eat brains now?

Does this work on the iPad? When I try to click on emailed link it states that safari cannot download this file.

Or is this exclusive for "PC & Mac" only

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']Does this work on the iPad? When I try to click on emailed link it states that safari cannot download this file.

Or is this exclusive for "PC & Mac" only[/QUOTE]

Just the PC/Mac version, as the website and coupons all clearly state.

bread's done
Back