FREE Portal 2 DLC on XBL Marketplace, PSN & Steam! (& full game $14.99 on Steam)

Gabrius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)

Yes, I know this is the deal forum, and someone's bound to complain about me posting about free stuff here....... but if one of my fellow CAGs sees this that wouldn't have otherwise, mission accomplished ^_^

EDIT: Portal 2 is currently on sale for $14.99 on Steam. And with that, this is now an on-topic topic :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gabrius']LINK

Yes, I know this is the deal forum, and someone's bound to complain about me posting about free stuff here....... but if one of my fellow CAGs sees this that wouldn't have otherwise, mission accomplished ^_^[/QUOTE]

Thanks, forgot about the free "summer" dlc

[quote name='Gabrius']LINK

Yes, I know this is the deal forum, and someone's bound to complain about me posting about free stuff here....... but if one of my fellow CAGs sees this that wouldn't have otherwise, mission accomplished ^_^[/QUOTE]

Your mission has been accomplished sir!

You might just want to reword the title to indicate that it's free on all platforms and it's a permanant release at this price.

Wow, didn't even notice Portal 2 was $14.99 on Steam though...THAT should be getting its own thread.

[quote name='Gabrius']Yes, I know this is the deal forum, and someone's bound to complain about me posting about free stuff here...[/QUOTE]Shifting the "Contests & Free Stuff" forum over to focusing purely on contests would likely eliminate a lot of pointless bickering.

Yeah I think the free stuff forum should be for contests only. Things like this should be where the most people will likely see it. It's just dumb that a .01 deal is allowed to be here, but a free deal can't without someone whining.

This is a great find. I knew the PC version was free, but did not know the 360 one was. Picked it up =)

[quote name='Darknuke']Yeah I think the free stuff forum should be for contests only. Things like this should be where the most people will likely see it. It's just dumb that a .01 deal is allowed to be here, but a free deal can't without someone whining.

This is a great find. I knew the PC version was free, but did not know the 360 one was. Picked it up =)[/QUOTE]

+1

And thanks OP!!!

[quote name='Jurassic425']Dang I just sent this back to Gamemine! Oh we'll maybe I'll "rent it" from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Thats the spirit! Ive been using that plan for years bastards never knew the wiser..

Maybe its just not up yet on PSN, the game shows a get free DLC icon, but it takes you to nothing. So hoping it will be up later.

[quote name='VaultDweller']also i hear the psn dlc will be free for ps+ users only[/QUOTE]

No.

From their official site, http://www.thinkwithportals.com/, which was just updated earlier today:

""Peer Review" is being rolled out across all regions on Steam, Xbox LIVE and PSN as we speak. The free DLC is available to all owners of Portal 2 for download on PS3 and Xbox 360, and will be automatically downloaded via Steam on PC and Mac."

Just hold your horses, and it'll be out for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tightclaws']Maybe its just not up yet on PSN, the game shows a get free DLC icon, but it takes you to nothing. So hoping it will be up later.[/QUOTE]
It will probably roll out with the weekly PSN update which isn't live yet.

Anyone know if you have to have a save that is completed to do the DLC? I bet portal on the PS3, sold it and now I have my Steam copy left. I really don't want to have to replay the whole campaign again right now.

Just finished the dlc with a buddy. It was extremely challenging. Took a good 2 and a half hours for only 9 levels. Best ending ever though so it worth the struggle.

PS3 DLC is online. Got it downloaded.

(I personally found it from Playstation Store -> Addons -> Disc Based Addons -> Portal 2.)

Does anyone know if this will remain free for a limited time? Don't want to use up 1.3 GB of space on something I won't get to for a while.

Nice! Thanks OP! I currently have this borrowed out from a friend...was planning on finishing it up tomorrow but now I think I'll do this new mission first before I give it back.

Stupid question here, but how the heck do I access the DLC? I installed the DLC and I have Portal 2 booted up in my PS3 and I don't see anywhere to play DLC.

If you're having trouble getting it on PC/Steam... for some reason my copy of Portal 2 was set at default not to automatically update in its' settings (right click on steam library). Adjusted that to 'always keep updated' and it downloaded.

[quote name='chuckywang']Stupid question here, but how the heck do I access the DLC? I installed the DLC and I have Portal 2 booted up in my PS3 and I don't see anywhere to play DLC.[/QUOTE]

It's coop dlc. So when you load up coop you'll see a new little section on the right.

[quote name='rey6eric']Does anyone know if this will remain free for a limited time? Don't want to use up 1.3 GB of space on something I won't get to for a while.[/QUOTE]

Simple Solution -

Click the DLC and start the download, when the download starts, cancel the download. The DLC will forever go into your download list, where you can redownload it at any time - whether or not its even on the PSN anymore

bread's done
Back