Free R-9 figurine w/ purchase of R-Type Command

eshbums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
We'll keep this one short and sweet, folks! Purchase R-Type Command at select retailers and receive a free R-9 figurine (while supplies last)!

Constructed from durable, high-quality plastic and boasting incredible levels of detail, this collector's item can be assembled in a variety of different configurations as seen in R-Type Command.

The R-9 collectible figurine is available at participating retailers in very limited quantities courtesy of IREM - don't miss your chance to own the definitive ship from the legendary R-Type series!

R-9 Figurine:

http://www.atlus.com/r-type/images.html

Visit some of the participating retailers below:

Amazon

EB Canada

GameCrazy

GameStop

We had better get the pre-order bonus as I'm sure all of you as well as myself pre-ordered early. I pre-orderd as soon as the bonus was posted. I have e-mailed amazon to find out whether we will get the bonus or not, and have not heard back yet. I'll let you all know what they say when and if they respond. Hopefully we'll get the bonus because the bonus is , to me, as important as the game if not more so. (I'm a collector) I'll po st again when and if they respond.

I hope you guys get your bonus from Amazon.com. I don't expect a problem (I order there with no hassles) but the bonus figure is just as important. Good luck with the GS preorders though. The ones I do visit occasionally often have preorder bonuses 'missing' or 'not sent'. I changed my mind about getting the game because the figurine does look a bit cheap, and not nicely packaged like the ones from the Yujin set. This website has a pic of what it comes like.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/05/06/r-type-command-pre-order-bonus-assembly-required/

I opted instead to order the Shooting Game Historica collection of 6 by Yujin, new in box from Amazon.com. After shipping it cost about $38.xx (seller not Amazon). I like the way the figures come packaged in a cool box. I wish I knew about this set when it first came out, real hard to find now (especially the set of 12). I didn't really want the R-Type Command game anyway, plus....I don't got a PSP yet.

But still, that black R-9 figure is pretty darn sweet.

[quote name='rexflexall']

I opted instead to order the Shooting Game Historica collection of 6 by Yujin, new in box from Amazon.com. After shipping it cost about $38.xx (seller not Amazon). I like the way the figures come packaged in a cool box. I wish I knew about this set when it first came out, real hard to find now (especially the set of 12). I didn't really want the R-Type Command game anyway, plus....I don't got a PSP yet.

But still, that black R-9 figure is pretty darn sweet.[/quote]

yea, i decidded to order the game from GS to try and get this sweet black one. it looks much cooler than the standard one. i forgot to order the case of 12 of the shooting historica when it was out. i cant believe it's sold out everywhere now.

[quote name='rexflexall'] I changed my mind about getting the game because the figurine does look a bit cheap, and not nicely packaged like the ones from the Yujin set. This website has a pic of what it comes like.

But still, that black R-9 figure is pretty darn sweet.[/quote]

Dude the box from the Yujin set isn't that big of a deal. It's not like the figure comes complete. You'll still have to cut the parts from the plastic baggies and put the ship together yourself. If the preorder bonus came any other way then that would be a waste of money. Well they oculd have put it in a capsule. I ordered a partial set from NCSX and they came in oversized capsules.

They all look 'cheap' when they are box of parts. Once complete though you are seeing that you are totally getting your money's worth.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Dude the box from the Yujin set isn't that big of a deal. It's not like the figure comes complete. You'll still have to cut the parts from the plastic baggies and put the ship together yourself. If the preorder bonus came any other way then that would be a waste of money. Well they oculd have put it in a capsule. I ordered a partial set from NCSX and they came in oversized capsules.

They all look 'cheap' when they are box of parts. Once complete though you are seeing that you are totally getting your money's worth.[/quote]

I like nice packaging, especially if it's cool stuff from Japan. They know how to make even cheapie plastic models look extremely cool. I didn't mention earlier that I am not sure yet if I want to open the box and put the ships together or leave the box unopen all together. Rare to find now and a nice collectable. I think the box it comes in and the capsules the ships are in is are all appealing. Of all the Japanese stuff I collect (models, etc.) I keep the boxes too because the Japanese for the most part do a good job on them that you don't wanna throw them away. But I have no doubt that the black R-9 will look great once assembled. I just wish they included the color instructions and at least the little plastic capsule. Pray your local GS hasn't tried to hoard and scalp those figures for a profit.

[quote name='rexflexall']I just wish they included the color instructions and at least the little plastic capsule. Pray your local GS hasn't tried to hoard and scalp those figures for a profit.[/quote]

Color instructions? Mine didn't come with instructions at all lol. Not that you need any.

I can't wait until the second series comes out.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Color instructions? Mine didn't come with instructions at all lol. Not that you need any.

I can't wait until the second series comes out.[/quote]

Really? No color booklet, instructions or anything? A lot of the ones I see on the net came with some kind of color booklet with it. Yours didn't? Was yours still in the original Japanese packaging when you bought it? I know I don't need the instructions to put it together but I was under the impression the box came with either color instructions or color booklet with the ships on it. Oh well. I just hope mine still comes unopened in original box.

I already preordered the second series set. Looks cool. But why no ship from Einhander? That game is bomb.

[quote name='rexflexall']Really? No color booklet, instructions or anything? A lot of the ones I see on the net came with some kind of color booklet with it. Yours didn't? Was yours still in the original Japanese packaging when you bought it? I know I don't need the instructions to put it together but I was under the impression the box came with either color instructions or color booklet with the ships on it. Oh well. I just hope mine still comes unopened in original box.

I already preordered the second series set. Looks cool. But why no ship from Einhander? That game is bomb.[/quote]

Well I ordered a complete set from Otaku.com and those came in the little boxes. No instructions. But the ones in capsules came with instructions.

And the reason why there is no Einhander ship is because they are going in some pseudo chronological order. That's why the ship from R-Type 3 is next instead of let's say, R-13 Cerebus from R-Type Delta.

I think that the third series should include, the Axelay fighter, Einhander, Radiant Silverguns (in red and blue), DoDonPachi fighter jet, and a Raiden Jet.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Well I ordered a complete set from Otaku.com and those came in the little boxes. No instructions. But the ones in capsules came with instructions.

And the reason why there is no Einhander ship is because they are going in some pseudo chronological order. That's why the ship from R-Type 3 is next instead of let's say, R-13 Cerebus from R-Type Delta.

I think that the third series should include, the Axelay fighter, Einhander, Radiant Silverguns (in red and blue), DoDonPachi fighter jet, and a Raiden Jet.[/quote]

if the next series has Ikaruga and Ginkei, i would be soooo all over it. and yes Einhander would be nice as well.

Yes, but I had to ask for mine as the clerk didn't have a clue.

[quote name='eau']Did EB/GS get any R-9 figurine in store at all?[/quote]

Does Amazon ever ship ANY pre-ordered games on time? Seriously. I've pre-ordered two or three games from them, and every single one shipped late.

Meanwhile, rinky-dinky retailers ship their pre-orders a day early. I just don't understand it.

[quote name='silks']Does Amazon ever ship ANY pre-ordered games on time? Seriously. I've pre-ordered two or three games from them, and every single one shipped late.

Meanwhile, rinky-dinky retailers ship their pre-orders a day early. I just don't understand it.[/quote]

depends. for me, GTAIV preorder shipped out 3 days early before release date. GT5: Prologue shipped out 2 days after release date.

If you're thinking about buying this game....DON'T!

I made the mistake of picking this game up. Yeah its like Military Madness, with load times before every move. Going to trade this game in this weekend.

im still snagging it i liked the demo now everythings in english i'm snagging it.

btw any open their package and might be missing a piece? Iunno..i can't find my piece to stand my force up..it's weird..

i picked my pre order today. i going to check fry's to see if they have a sale on R-Type. If so, i going to return my copy @ gamestop.

Hey guys

Finally heard from Amazon. They say they are having trouble gettin enough copies that they have a ton of orders for this game and they are sorry. However, the good news is that the R-9 figurine is being specially packaged with all pre-orders, so if you pre-ordered you will get the figurine. So that is at least good news. Looks like next week for stock though, that's disappointing, however if you download the demo it'll keep you busy til your game gets there.

Johnny B

[quote name='eau']Did EB/GS get any R-9 figurine in store at all?[/QUOTE]

Yes. And, the clerk at the one by me gave me a figurine because they had a couple extras.

Amazon just sent out my R Type today so hopefully I'll get my figurine too. If they forget it like they did with Crisis Core I'm returning it and moving my pre-orders elsewhere. >.>

Picked up my preorder at Gamecrazy today. The weird thing is that the figure was actually shrink-wrapped to the game. However the game is still sealed under the plastic wrap so returning the game shouldn't be a problem.

Went to EB and picked mine up. I didn't preorder it but they had one left with the R-9 Figure. They said someone cancelled their order so I was able to pick that one up. Pretty sweet game.

Preordered mine on amazon, and even tohugh it was delayed, i got my figurine. Amazon loves me (i'm giving them $80 a year on shipping alone, prob. $1000/year, they BETTER be grateful), and i assembled my figurine a couple days ago.

Pics if anyone wants. It took me longer than i care to admit, the instructions blow. Maybe they figure you're smart enough to do it urself (apparently they were wrong :cry:)

Got mine from Amazon with the figure. Yeah, the instructions do kinda suck, putting on the lower wings took a little figuring out, the picture is tiny. Fortunately they have them in color on their website (listed on the instructions that come with it.)

[quote name='Crygor64']If you're thinking about buying this game....DON'T!

I made the mistake of picking this game up. Yeah its like Military Madness, with load times before every move. Going to trade this game in this weekend.[/quote]

Are you using a first gen PSP or the later version?

And when you say load times...how long...hopefully not WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2007 long...

There options to turn off cinematic battle animations. If you do that, then the lad times go away. The animations are neat when you have a new ship you want to see in action. They get dull after that. You still see weapon fire on the main battle map.

I returned my unopened copy and kept my figurine. No questions asked. I walked in 15 minutes before close so they just wanted me out the door. I found it odd that they gave me cash for it when I bought it with a credit card...

[quote name='Kayden']I returned my unopened copy and kept my figurine. No questions asked. I walked in 15 minutes before close so they just wanted me out the door. I found it odd that they gave me cash for it when I bought it with a credit card...[/quote]

LMAO, u horrible person

I read the line about load times and lost any interest to even open it.

[quote name='the_punisher']LMAO, u horrible person[/quote]

if you're having problems with the instructions, they have the color version on their site. the url is on the sheet. i didn't assemble mine yet but it's easy if you buy a lot of trading figures.

i'm debating on opening the game due to your mixed reviews and loading time issues. hehe...for anyone playing the game, are you having fun with it?

Well I haven't started playing the game yet. It's gonna sit in my backlog for a minute. But the three level demo is enough to see if you'll like the game or not. And once you up the movement speed and turn off animations OR shrink the animations so that they appear in small windows on screen (there is still a wee bit of loading but not the same as it would be with with the full screen battle animations) the game speeds up. Oh and once you get a hang of it's style of play the game is fun. But I'm an R-Type whore... And I love my jet black R9.

I really think that Amazon should get in on the pre-order bonus biz.

Kmart / Big Kmart have at least 5-10 copies instock. Kinda suprised when i stop by Big Kmart yesterday. I endup pickup Bullet witch for $10 and another GC game for $1. :)

I was wary that this game would be a generic turn based tactics game at first, but now I really like it. There's a lot of options on what ships to take and you terrain plays a major part in a lot of the battles.

Just and FYI- Gamecrazy will NOT let you return the game without the figure. They say the figure and the game are sold as a bundle and can't return just the game. The trade in value for the game is only $20.

I didn't have to return it. They didn't even ask. Its a limited time promotional item. Not everyone will get one. I wouldn't have gotten one if I hadn't asked for it. Just say you never got one.

[quote name='Kayden']I didn't have to return it. They didn't even ask. Its a limited time promotional item. Not everyone will get one. I wouldn't have gotten one if I hadn't asked for it. Just say you never got one.[/QUOTE]

They gave me a hard time and said there was no way they could do it. Said they were a bundle in the system. I was going to tell them I never got one but I think all the ones they got in were shrinkwrapped to the game itself. hmm I may try the Gamecrazy across town for the return..

bread's done
Back