Free Remote Jacket Acessory from Nintendo.

Yeah I love mine, they make the wiimote a little bit heavier and meatier which is nice since I have big hairy manly hands.

Plus they just look so much cooler and better. They also fell better and are more ergonomic. I'm tempted to throw the wii remotes around and see how much they can take a beating with the condoms on but will have to exercise some self restraint.

mine arrived today :)

when I took them out of the package, the first thing that popped into my head was "Shake the bitch!!!" I was laughing SO HARD in the car because I thought I was shaking a dildo!!!

Now I am going over to my girlfriend's work and wait for her to come out of work and Shake my dildo infront of her.. :)

yeah just got mine in today, I like that there ergonomic and everything but seriously looks like a dildo (definatly the last thing i want to waggle around in my living room)

probably get a cool colored one with wii-mote and nunchuk condoms

[quote name='MidnightMetal']yeah just got mine in today, I like that there ergonomic and everything but seriously looks like a dildo (definatly the last thing i want to waggle around in my living room)

probably get a cool colored one with wii-mote and nunchuk condoms[/QUOTE]
I'm holding out for a banana flavored one.

pros: putting them on your Wii-mote is 1000x better and easier than any other silicone sking i've used. the grip is really fantastic.

cons: it looks like a tampon.

[quote name='ITDEFX']mine arrived today :)

when I took them out of the package, the first thing that popped into my head was "Shake the bitch!!!" I was laughing SO HARD in the car because I thought I was shaking a dildo!!!

Now I am going over to my girlfriend's work and wait for her to come out of work and Shake my dildo infront of her.. :)[/quote]

Now we can see why she finds you so charming.

Yeah im looking forward to galaxy coming out so I can really give the new wii remote covers a good testing.

I am sure that having these things on will offer more protection than just using the "pull and shoot" method, but I should remind everybody that abstinence is the only 100% fool proof method. If you don't want to be sorry, refrain from playing with your wii at all, but if you are, just make sure to use protection.

Get mine in today. I'm rather surprised. From pictures I thought they looked pretty crappy, but I really enjoy them. I'm actually planning on using them, which I wasn't going to do. I like the cushion and the feel of them, and they are infinitely better than the third party covers I bought a while back (and stopped using after a few weeks). Much easier to remove, too, for easy battery replacement.

[quote name='Tybee']Now we can see why she finds you so charming.[/QUOTE]

So I waited til she got of work, had her come into my car and said "LOOKIE!!!" took it out of the package and shaked it infront of her. She was like "WHAT THE HELL YOU BOUGHT ME A DILDO!??!?!?!?!"

LOLZ :)

anyways after having fun for a bit, I told her it was the free cover I ordered from Nintendo.

That was just too funny.

Got my 4-pack of love gloves today. They look okay, and feel okay. Although, it makes the slight bulge from the ChargeStation battery a little bit more noticeable, but that's okay. I also don't like that trying to press the Power requires some firm pressure in that corner; I got the hang of that the 2nd time around, though. I do like that they worked in a dust cover for the nunchuk port.

So all in all, not bad for free. Good job, Nintendo. *Pats the big N*

[quote name='lilboo']These won't cause any problems with the upcoming Wii Zapper.. correct?[/QUOTE]
The Wiimote won't fit in the Zapper with the Jacket on.

[quote name='lanleague']The Wiimote won't fit in the Zapper with the Jacket on.[/QUOTE]

Sigh. Though, not that it needs to have the jacket on when using the Zapper..thankfully they are really easy to get in and out!

mine came today. i couldn't believe all of the bad press it had gotten. it's certainly not cool. but what is cool about the wii? a buddy came over and we went through 9 holes of wii golf. and i thought that the jackets were great. i liked the grip. they gave your hands a little space to breath. i really liked it. they were fairly easy to put on and take off.

i'm very happy to have them. i haven't decided whether or not i'll leave it on during zack and wiki. maybe just for wii sports style games. but i'm not sure.

I have to say when I first saw the pictures of the Nintendo skins I thought they were pretty damn horrible and ugly, but after receiving them today and putting them on my Wiimotes, I've completely changed my mind about them and will no longer play with my Wiimote without a condom!

Yeah i know I've said this before but I love mine and am looking forward to galaxy coming out so I ahve a compelling reason to really use the wii remote alot.

Got all 4 of mine today. I like how they added the extra gel padding near the front of the condom. Guess this was the end that mainly went through the TV's. They might not be anything special to look at, but the design is well done and as mentioned by buttle the grip is much better than the 1st Party ones sold in stores.

Got my four today, and put two on my Wiimotes. Feels pretty good, seems to be a bit of a pain for changing batteries, but not too bad.

Will see how I like them when I get around to Mario at the end of the month.

I like them more than I thought I would. The grip is definitely better and the overall feel makes holding the remote more comfortable. The only concern I have is that the hole for the sensor on the front of the wiimote is smaller than the sensor itself. That makes me wonder if it would have a detrimental effect on games that use the pointer extensively, like MP3.

Got mine on Halloween and put it through its paces on Zack & Wiki. VERY comfortable. I like very much. And doesn't look too stupid. My one concern was that it would make turning the power on and off difficult, but it's still very easy to hit that button.

[quote name='lebowsky']I like them more than I thought I would. The grip is definitely better and the overall feel makes holding the remote more comfortable. The only concern I have is that the hole for the sensor on the front of the wiimote is smaller than the sensor itself. That makes me wonder if it would have a detrimental effect on games that use the pointer extensively, like MP3.[/quote]

It's smaller than the sensor WINDOW, but not smaller than the sensor itself, which is essentially a tiny camera/photoreceptor behind the center of that piece of plastic. So no worries.

Yea, I just got mine and I agree with a lot of the sentiment here, I like it more than I expected. It does add some better grip to the controller.

Although with such protection for my Wii-mote comes the desire to see if it will bounce if I throw it at the wall...must...resist...temptation!

[quote name='t0llenz']
Although with such protection for my Wii-mote comes the desire to see if it will bounce if I throw it at the wall...must...resist...temptation![/quote]

I LMAO when I read that.

:rofl:I had to resist that temptation as well. You can't help yourself from thinking "I wonder how much of a beating this remote can take with this thing on it.?:rofl:

i just ordered mine, I had the $10 sleaves before, but ended up just taking them off because they were annoying when it was time to change batteries, and I am assuming these will be the same.

[quote name='MotzCTG']i just ordered mine, I had the $10 sleaves before, but ended up just taking them off because they were annoying when it was time to change batteries, and I am assuming these will be the same.[/quote]
A tiny bit, but still worth the price of free, while paying $10 to be annoyed at times is a lot worse.

These are really nice, they make holding the controller horizontally as if your holding a big soft NES controller, it's great.

P.S.

[quote name='lebowsky']I like them more than I thought I would. The grip is definitely better and the overall feel makes holding the remote more comfortable. The only concern I have is that the hole for the sensor on the front of the wiimote is smaller than the sensor itself. That makes me wonder if it would have a detrimental effect on games that use the pointer extensively, like MP3.[/quote]

Seconded.

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but some orders did not go completely through, even if you got the confirmation email. I ordered day one and haven't received mine. I received my confirmation email, but when I checked my orders on nintendo.com it was nowhere to be found. I tried re-ordering but it said my serial number had already been used. I called Nintendo and the girl said they had some server issues and had to replace the order over the phone for me now. The jackets are on backorder at the moment she said, so she's not sure when I'll actually get them.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I don't know if this has been posted or not, but some orders did not go completely through, even if you got the confirmation email. I ordered day one and haven't received mine. I received my confirmation email, but when I checked my orders on nintendo.com it was nowhere to be found. I tried re-ordering but it said my serial number had already been used. I called Nintendo and the girl said they had some server issues and had to replace the order over the phone for me now. The jackets are on backorder at the moment she said, so she's not sure when I'll actually get them.[/QUOTE]

I was about to come in here to ask the exact same question. I guess I need to make a phone call to Nintendo this afternoon...

Got mine last week.

By themselves, they look dorky. On the Wii remotes, they look pretty stylish. They feel comfortable and they're easy to put on or take off.

On the downside, I miss the color. It's not terribly necessary, but I liked the look of the different color skins.

Also, it looks/feels weird for games that want you to turn the remote on its side. Not gamebreaking or anything, but a little less organic, if that makes any sense.

Can't complain for free, though. :)

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I wonder if I can fit this somewhere else other than my wiimote.[/QUOTE]

Ho ho ho!

The possibilities.

It's like the hole-in-the-popcorn-at-the-movies trick, but a lot more obvious.

And disturbing!

[quote name='shrike4242']The Hori ones are very slim and fit snugly, as well as having a hinged back section which allows for the swapping of batteries without taking the whole damned thing off. Well worth the money IMHO.

I'll have to see how they compare when mine show up.[/quote]Forgot about this, mine showed up about 2 weeks ago.

They work OK, especially for the price. The Hori ones still feel better and they unhinge at the back for battery swapping.

For a free item given out by Nintendo, it's a good item.

After ordering 2 weeks ago right after I got my Wii (which already had 1 jacket in box), the other 3 are FINALLY being sent to me. I love the jackets and theyre so much better than the gay colorful stuff at stores.

mine said it was shipped on Oct 23rd but I still havent received mine. Wonder how long it takes to get delivered.

[quote name='kleptoix']mine said it was shipped on Oct 23rd but I still havent received mine. Wonder how long it takes to get delivered.[/quote]

I ordered before the Oct. 15th ship date, and I got mine exactly 2 weeks later, on the 29th. So, about 2, maybe 3 weeks, tops?

I just talked to a Nintendo representative (which I must add, has been the most helpful CS person I've ever talked to) and apparently they're extremely backlogged with orders. I guess as mentioned some orders did not go through. If you're unsure, you could try calling them or emailing I suppose.

It seems that everyone disses these (including Cheapy on this week's CAGcast) until they actually have them in their hands, and then they realize how great they feel (Wombat on this week's CAGcast).

bread's done
Back