Free sega handheld video games at Mcdonalds.

Did they have this promotion before or was this in Asia while I was there? They had one handheld shaped like a Dreamcast controller IIRC.

Its the new Happy Meal toy, not quite "free". These are better than the last ones mainly because there's more than 1 button.

*looks at watch*

That's today!

*runs to McDonalds*

*dies because it's so cold here*

Moral of the story? Drive a car.

25 Winners will be given a check for $25,000 to purchase a video game system of their choice.... does noone in Mcdonalds marketing look at a Toys-R-Us ad?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']25 Winners will be given a check for $25,000 to purchase a video game system of their choice.... does noone in Mcdonalds marketing look at a Toys-R-Us ad?[/quote]

Knock a 0 off of that.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Cornfedwb']25 Winners will be given a check for $25,000 to purchase a video game system of their choice.... does noone in Mcdonalds marketing look at a Toys-R-Us ad?[/quote]

Knock a 0 off of that.[/quote]

Well I was posting a while after I read the article, forgot how much.. still makes no sense. But thats just me.

Times like this I wish I had a little brother, or little cousin, or son, or something. How much do happy meals cost anyway? I don't even eat meat so I'd basically be buying one and tossing it out. Maybe ebay would be better, and that way I don't have to feel like an idiot buying a happy meal.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']25 Winners will be given a check for $25,000 to purchase a video game system of their choice.... does noone in Mcdonalds marketing look at a Toys-R-Us ad?[/quote]

I'm sure they'll be able to get a system of their choice... but games at TRU, I doubt $25,000 would cover the cost of a single game the way their prices are...

"McDonald's said that 2,500 lucky children will find a silver-colored handheld device in their Happy Meal bag. Twenty-five of those will be given a check of $2,500 and could be used to purchase a video gaming system of their choice, according to McDonald's official rules. The other 2,475 who received a silver-colored device will win a Sega video game -- either Sonic Heroes or Sonic Mega Collection Plus."

2500 win and only 25 get something decent? 25?! Out of how many children/adults buy "happy" meals? Pffft. They should just cut to the chase and say 25 winners instead of 2500. Besides that, Mc'D's is disgusting. Don't people ever wonder how they can sell 50cent cheeseburgers and not lose money? Maybe cause the stuff they buy to put in it ain't so prime...

[quote name='valleyvampiress']"McDonald's said that 2,500 lucky children will find a silver-colored handheld device in their Happy Meal bag. Twenty-five of those will be given a check of $2,500 and could be used to purchase a video gaming system of their choice, according to McDonald's official rules. The other 2,475 who received a silver-colored device will win a Sega video game -- either Sonic Heroes or Sonic Mega Collection Plus."[/quote]

I'm guessing that these toys will be in non-see-thru bags to prevent theft. I might check it out tonight for my lil sis.

Just came back from McDonalds in CA and no luck. The employee looked at me like I was an idiot or something. Oh well, I got a tasty McRib while I was there so it wasnt a total waste of time.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Damn and here I thought they were giving out Game Gears :([/quote]

Imagine if they were giving out Sega Nomads... :lol:

I'm lucky I have a comic book show that has a Mcdonalds Booth that sells the left over toys from the promos. They sell the toys still in bag for $1.25. The best part is that all the money made off the toys is given to Ronald Mcdonalds houses.

I got some cool He-Man figures from when that promo ran.

I'll have to check these out next time I go to the show.

has anyone actually gotten a video game yet? I'm in a pretty small town (nearest McDonalds is 80 miles away)...

I work at McDonald's and we're giving these out now. They come in blue packages so you can't see which ones are silver. Here are the prices Happy Meals in MA:

Hamburger: $2.09
Cheeseburger: $2.72
4pc Nugget: $3.03
6pc Nugget or Double Cheeseburger: ~$3.50

You can also just buy a toy for ~$1.50.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Its the new Happy Meal toy, not quite "free". These are better than the last ones mainly because there's more than 1 button.[/quote]

hey hey, i like those one button games, less thinking involved, just jump jump and OH SHIT jump again

My kids get McDonalds Happy Meals atleast once a week. These little video games are really cheesy. I have four of the Knuckles Tresure Hunt ones already. If the happy meals didn't have food in them, this would not be worth the deal.
-Bobert

[quote name='KingDox']I'm lucky I have a comic book show that has a Mcdonalds Booth that sells the left over toys from the promos. They sell the toys still in bag for $1.25. The best part is that all the money made off the toys is given to Ronald Mcdonalds houses.

I got some cool He-Man figures from when that promo ran.

I'll have to check these out next time I go to the show.[/quote]

what state r u in
which show

also at my mcd just the toy is 1.90 and ham happy meal is 2.30
.40 cent more gets u the food its worth it and haow i get the toys
bk's toys are 1.05 with tax mcd sux compared to bk

Aren't they all variations of the Sonic series? I saw a little kid playing the pink one today when I went in there for lunch and noticed the sign had a bunch of Sonic characters on it.

The best happy meal toys were the McDonalds Transformers. They were like Fries and Burgers, stuff like that. I wish I still had mine.

[quote name='sasukekun']The best happy meal toys were the McDonalds Transformers. They were like Fries and Burgers, stuff like that. I wish I still had mine.[/quote]

Damn! I remember those! I used to always play with the fry one when I was a kid. I wonder what I did with them?

I bought one today for the hell of it. I got the Knuckles Treasure Hunt. Basically you just go up and down elevators to get to the treasure. Simple, but amusing for a little while.

bread's done
Back