Free Sequence (Steam) for NeoGAF members

Wow, that's pretty awesome of him. Think I'll sign up for NeoGaf (seeing as there's no limit as to when you had to join) and make a post. I've had some slight interest in the game when I heard it was a rhythm game combined with RPG elements.

Edit: Looks like I can't sign up. You can't use a "free" e-mail for registration...

Can't sign up with a non-free e-mail account, and I am not going to use my work e-mail address. Oh well, seems like a cool deal.

awesome, my mobileme account (which was/is a yearly sub) is considered a free account. fuck that.

Can't use my gmail, not gonna use my garbage comcast pop account. Lazy admin bullshit.

My account was approved in like a day when I signed up a few months ago.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I don't visit the forum very regularly anymore so I would have missed it.

[quote name='gundamxzero']awesome, my mobileme account (which was/is a yearly sub) is considered a free account. fuck that.

Can't use my gmail, not gonna use my garbage comcast pop account. Lazy admin bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Probably because iCloud is free now :(

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Guys 10 minute mail works![/QUOTE]

All approvals are manual, he's just gonna say no when he comes across 10minutemail.

I know of another forum like that. It also uses comic sans as the main font and publicly posts the IP address of the author of every post. My mother uses it, and every time I see it I die a little inside.

[quote name='BitLooter']I know of another forum like that. It also uses comic sans as the main font and publicly posts the IP address of the author of every post. My mother uses it, and every time I see it I die a little inside.[/QUOTE]
lmao

Signed up for a neogaf account almost a week ago with a student id, still awaiting activation. Just a heads up for others trying to register.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Signed up for a neogaf account almost a week ago with a student id, still awaiting activation. Just a heads up for others trying to register.[/QUOTE]

You are going to be waiting a while.

The approval of an account registration usually takes between six months to two years.

I think I am on my second month waiting since registering, and I am hoping that I will fall closer to the six month range :)

If anyone has an account and wants to get a game code for your CAG friend, feel free to hit me up. I played the demo on Xbox today and want the game. :D

/begging

[quote name='Deefuzz']You are going to be waiting a while.

The approval of an account registration usually takes between six months to two years.

I think I am on my second month waiting since registering, and I am hoping that I will fall closer to the six month range :)[/QUOTE]

That is just ridiculous. It should never take that long to approve an e-mail. Six months to two years? What the fuck do they have to do, get an Egyptian archaeologist to transcribe your registration in hieroglyphics on papyrus, grow some mushrooms and sautee them together in a fine wine, eat the whole thing, shit it out, then recycle it into compost to see if the soil is adequate to grow an African Peace Lily?

[quote name='BlazeP']NeoGAF is an entitled douchebag site. They're even worse than the typical GameFAQs mods.[/QUOTE]

I can already tell that they are entitled douchebags.

wow, I can't even imagine that kind of approval process. The nice thing is is keeps fly by night guys out of the community.

I signed up for an account but doubt it will get approved by then. The whole free email thing I am seeing more and more. I hope it isn't a trend. I have used my gmail account since you had to be invited and don't plan on using any ISPs email over it any time soon. ISPs come and go but the free accounts last much longer and work with newer technologies.

[quote name='Deefuzz']You are going to be waiting a while.

I think I am on my second month waiting since registering, and I am hoping that I will fall closer to the six month range :)[/QUOTE]

That truly is beyond absurd. Honestly, they can go fuck themselves with that kind of attitude.

What's so special about that place anyway? It just looks like any other forum. Or is there more to it? I'd never even heard of it before joining CAG and I can't imagine that knowing of it now is going to somehow make my life any better.

[quote name='Blade']That is just ridiculous. It should never take that long to approve an e-mail. Six months to two years? What the fuck do they have to do, get an Egyptian archaeologist to transcribe your registration in hieroglyphics on papyrus, grow some mushrooms and sautee them together in a fine wine, eat the whole thing, shit it out, then recycle it into compost to see if the soil is adequate to grow an African Peace Lily?

I can already tell that they are entitled douchebags.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at that. But yeah, that just seems really stupid.

if anyone is a member of neogaf, can you message "CatPee". he put up a sale/trade for his infamous 2 bag and i'd really like to get a hold of it. you can give him my email.

i REALLY want the sling bag

[email protected]

[quote name='Ashsaber']It pretty much is any other forum, except with way more elitism and occasional posts by some random game devs.[/QUOTE]
Well, shit, I've already got GamesPress for that.

I know I went thread digging here, but my account was just validated on Sunday. :lol:

10/24 - 2/8

[quote name='Blade']I know I went thread digging here, but my account was just validated on Sunday. :lol:

10/24 - 2/8

Congrats Blade.

Interestingly enough, I registered on 10/31 and had my account activated on 01/19. So obviously they're not doing them on first come basis. Something about my sign up either made them want to do my activation first, or something about it made it easier for them to verify.

[quote name='The End']Congrats Blade.

Interestingly enough, I registered on 10/31 and had my account activated on 01/19. So obviously they're not doing them on first come basis. Something about my sign up either made them want to do my activation first, or something about it made it easier for them to verify.[/QUOTE]

Ditto they activated mine on 1/19 and I registered on 10/27.

I would have signed up earlier but for some reason I always got 4chan and neogaf mixed up. Needless to say I thought neogaf wasn't a place remotely worthwhile.

I have to say though, with that extended waiting period to get your account activated, and with the rather stringent TOS combined with their draconian punishment for breaking the TOS, I'm kinda afraid to post over there. I might break the TOS without realizing it and have my account banned.

Plus the mods over there seem to take a perverted glee in banning people over there. Even for stuff that doesn't break the TOS. During the time I was waiting to get my account verified, I used to lurk on the board and I saw a guy get banned by a mod simply for asking why another person was banned. Then the mod laughed about how he had just banned that guy.

Not really the most inviting place to post.

I actually just received an e-mail about my registration the other day. I had completely forgotten about it, so I just thought "What the fuck is NeoGAF? When did I sign up for this?" It was in my spam folder, so I figured it was just a scam until I did a search on Google and jogged my memory. Meh.

I got my declined email today:

Dear Racer1309,

Unfortunately your registration at NeoGAF did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
NeoGAF

WTF? Must not be a good enough dev or something for them or maybe it's cuz I'm brown?.

[quote name='Racer1309']WTF? Must not be a good enough dev or something for them or maybe it's cuz I'm brown?.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's probably because you're brown. They can usually tell that sort of thing when you're signing up for something online.

I am actually on my 3rd try to get a neogaf account
1st time took them THREE YEARS to decline me, second time took about 6 months to be declined
Just started my 3rd attempt last week

[quote name='Kolma']I am actually on my 3rd try to get a neogaf account
1st time took them THREE YEARS to decline me, second time took about 6 months to be declined
Just started my 3rd attempt last week[/QUOTE]

I was expecting something great from the site when I logged in after the 4 month wait, like a bunch of free games or access to a hidden camera inside Scarlett Johansson's shower. But it's just another website. They have a Steam topic, a Club Nintendo topic, and a bunch of game topics merged together with 'OT' annoyingly spammed in every title. I got the impression that CAG is a much better, much friendlier place. I probably won't go there unless someone is giving away free games again.

bread's done
Back