Free SSX On Tour Demo (PS2)

I ordered mine on the 25th, not expecting to get one, but I actually did today! So there might still be a chance for people to get one if they still want to.

Got it and played it a little bit. Nothing impressive here at all. SSX Tricky is the game that made me buy a PS2; I loved everything about it. SSX 3 was fun, a few nice enhancements, but nothing groundbreaking. I thought the SSX 4 demo was a big disappointment. The skier added nothing. I played the skier a couple runs down, and it bored the hell out of me. Switching back to the snowboarder felt like the SSX's of old, but still it's just more of the same.

I must say the in-game colors and visuals looked washed out. Nothing was vivid like in Tricky or 3. Maybe it was the stage, or because the game was just a demo. But I was majorly disappointed. If it some point I decide pick it up, just to complete my SSX collection, it will be for 15 dollars or less.

I couldn't agree more with this assesment. I played the hell out of SSX when i first got my PS2, I skipped tricky, but also played the hell out of SSX 3, beating the game with several different characters. When I finally got my Demo a couple weeks ago I was entirely underwhelmed by it. Except for being able to make your own characters (which I dont think this game needed), everything else in this game feels like a step backward, especially im terms of graphics and gameplay.
The crazy sketchbook come to life menus are cool, but I cant help but feel that its all window dressing designed to hide the fact that not only is this more of the same, its not even as good as the last game in the series. This game went from being a must buy, to a wait and pickup used and cheap.

[quote name='kaw']Got it and played it a little bit. Nothing impressive here at all. SSX Tricky is the game that made me buy a PS2; I loved everything about it. SSX 3 was fun, a few nice enhancements, but nothing groundbreaking. I thought the SSX 4 demo was a big disappointment. The skier added nothing. I played the skier a couple runs down, and it bored the hell out of me. Switching back to the snowboarder felt like the SSX's of old, but still it's just more of the same.

I must say the in-game colors and visuals looked washed out. Nothing was vivid like in Tricky or 3. Maybe it was the stage, or because the game was just a demo. But I was majorly disappointed. If it some point I decide pick it up, just to complete my SSX collection, it will be for 15 dollars or less.[/QUOTE]

I really hope EA takes more time for this series and just doesn't simply pump them out one-a-year, because I can see the quality and fun go down if they keep doing that.

My only guess why SSX4 is not as good as the others is that EA rushed it to get it in on the last wave of current generation games.

I think they should've canned it and brought it to the Xbox 360/PS3 instead. Better graphics, online play, and maybe even custom music.

[quote name='Requiem']
My only guess why SSX4 is not as good as the others is that EA rushed it to get it in on the last wave of current generation games.
[/QUOTE]

My guess is that, from what I've read, they changed the formula from skiing down a big open mountain, to more like Burnout, where you just pick races and events off a map.

bread's done
Back