Free Stuff Friday - Dead Space Downfall and Resident Evil

Gamewatcher

CAGiversary!
This week, we have two of the best movie tie-ins for videogames:

2435999blu-ray_dead_space-downfall_3.jpg
ResidentEvil-DVD-300_3.jpg

There's the animated prequel to Dead Space on Blu-Ray, complete with bonus features including isolated soundtrack and digital copy. And the first movie entry in the Umbrella Corp Chronicles, Resident Evil.

Pick and win, or play for both with bonus entries. Just enter by 5p Pacific on Wednesday, July 21:

http://www.busygamernews.com/2010/07/free_stuff_friday_-_dead_space.html

Would love to check out Dead Space Downfall, partly because I love Dead Space but also because I already have the first RE movie.

i liked the first RE movies.. actually I kinda like them all and DS:E got me all juiced to play DS/DS2 so I'm down for that as well.

should say only one of the best movie tie in games because Resident Evil movie series is completely utter garbage and has nothing to do with the Resident Evil game series. Think everybody would agree with me on that one.

i'll agree it's accuracy as an adaption is terrible, but nonetheless I enjoy it. if they called it "Zombie House" that'd have been better.

If a CAGs a winner, be sure to listen to the audio commentary. It's absolutely hilarious (Milla and Michelle seem to have had way too much to drink or smoke. Milla comments on a male actor, calling him a p***y and actually comments to Michelle Rodriguez at one point in a scene she actually looks like a woman).

It's a good movie that doesn't make you cringe when you watch it. Isn't that enough when it comes to videogame adaptations? :)

Seriously, I saw the first RE in theaters and had a blast. There was enough new to keep you guessing and great overall storytelling and action. The 2nd movie may have been truer to the series, but it wasn't as engaging or fun.

Movies are a different medium than games, plus they need to give gamers a different take to keep it fresh. Otherwise, you could just watch someone else play the game for 2 hours, lol.

Anyway, my $0.02. Our hope is that the prizes go to people who will enjoy them - sounds like there are plenty of those sorts of people out there.

only thing I can say is that the only video game movie that was actually good and held up to the game, sorry that I would say this but I loved the game and movie. Postal. It's the only movie that I believe was the best video game movie to me. It was exactly like the game. As much as I hate Uwe Boll cause he's a friggin idiot. That had to be the best video game movie ever to me cause I absolutely loved Postal 2.

legendarydogs: We've been doing these giveaways for almost two years now, have yet to spam anyone (unless by spam you mean "prize notifications" to the winners).

AuXoIs: I tried to like Postal, but ended up falling asleep during it. Inorite? Completely shocked but after the initial burst of humor wore off, it was just another Uwe Boll flick (at least for me).

By the way, still time to enter!

[quote name='legendarydogs']So is this like a legit site, will they spam my email?[/QUOTE]
nah. BusyGamerNews isn't like that. Far as I can recall I don't think they've ever mailed me aside from wins or like when I talk to GameWatcher. you shouldn't get anything from them.

[quote name='Gamewatcher']It's a good movie that doesn't make you cringe when you watch it. Isn't that enough when it comes to videogame adaptations? :)

Seriously, I saw the first RE in theaters and had a blast. There was enough new to keep you guessing and great overall storytelling and action. The 2nd movie may have been truer to the series, but it wasn't as engaging or fun.

Movies are a different medium than games, plus they need to give gamers a different take to keep it fresh. Otherwise, you could just watch someone else play the game for 2 hours, lol.

Anyway, my $0.02. Our hope is that the prizes go to people who will enjoy them - sounds like there are plenty of those sorts of people out there.[/QUOTE]

Very true. Now to see if I get to see mah lady Michelle Rodriguez in the movie. :D

[quote name='Shane_For_Wax']Very true. Now to see if I get to see mah lady Michelle Rodriguez in the movie. :D[/QUOTE] oh the dirty dirty things I would let her do to me. :drool:

[quote name='legendarydogs']So is this like a legit site, will they spam my email?[/QUOTE]
A legitimate as it gets. If you need, I can take a photo of one of the games I won from them.

BusyGamer is legit and worthy of your trust. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the whole site too, not just the contests.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']BusyGamer is legit and worthy of your trust. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the whole site too, not just the contests.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. They do quality, concise, informational gaming related articles.
and I converse to GameWatcher every so often on twitter. great guy :)

BusyGamer is certainly legit. I've won a few things from them, most recently a kick-ass Dungeon Keeper strategy guide. It's well worth checking out their site.

[quote name='Shane_For_Wax']Very true. Now to see if I get to see mah lady Michelle Rodriguez in the movie. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wolfkin']oh the dirty dirty things I would let her do to me. :drool:[/QUOTE]

If you're a male Wolfkin, I think you mean the dirty stuff she'd do to your girlfriend.:)

bread's done
Back