Free videogame pre-order goodies at Best Buy: Uncharted 2, Ratchet 2 DLC codes + more

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
I discovered a weird glitch at my local Best Buy in Riverdale Ut. Last week I pre-ordered a copy of Uncharted 2 with the pre-order box that comes with a code inside for gold weapons in the multiplayer mode that is active once the game is released. The pre-order was supposed to be $5 as usual, however after the cashier rang up my reward zone card the pre-order came up as free and I happily walked out with an Uncharted 2 gold weapons code at no cost.
Tonight I figured I would try my luck again and I went for the Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time pre-order box which includes a code for an "Exlusive Power Package" including a weapon skin, extra hit points, and the cryo-mine glove. Once again the pre-order rang up as $5 but as soon as the cashier scanned my rewardzone card it rang up as 0.00 and again I walked out with a a receipt and a pre-order box with code.
I am not sure why this is happening but free DLC is always alright in my book. I don't really care if I actually pick up the game upon release or not as I usually wait for prices to drop way lower than $60 and the pre-order cost me nothing. I am not sure if its the reward zone card itself, the fact that I am in the reward zone gamers club, or the fact that I am a premier silver member. However one thing I am sure of is that the sleuths on CAG with figure it out and "crack the code" in a short time. Then you can all go forth and grab them shits.

*update* September 23: Ok so I may have omitted certain details in my original post. The first purchase I made was actually 2 pre-orders of Uncharted. The second time I tried, I picked up a pre-order of Uncharted and a pre-order of Ratchet. My reasoning was that I did not want to invite the "hoarder" comments that I wrought upon myself in the penny guide thread for snatching up multiple penny guides at once back in the day. The common link the game seems to have over the dozens of comments is that you can only get two pre-orders and one of them must be Uncharted for the "glitch" to work and give you two free pre-orders. As I knew would happen, CAGs cracked the code once again. Well done.

Here is a good list of pre-order bonuses thanks to Jodou:

Here's the compiled list of pre-order bonuses:

Brutal Legend - LP sleeve to hold your game and sports some attractive artwork on the inside cover.

Halo 3: ODST - Unlock Sgt. Avery Johnson for play in the new Firefight mode.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - Unlock the Cryo-Mine glove exclusive weapon skin that yields extra hit points when equipped.

Tekken 6 - Laser cell and tattooed sleeve.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Unlock gold-plated versions of the Beretta and AK-47 for multi-player.

*update Oct 13* Now that Uncharted 2 has been released, many stores have pulled their remaining stock of pre-order boxes from the shelves. It has now become YMMV as to whether you will find out some left over pre-order boxes at your local Best Buy. Apparently if you can find them the deal still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I wanted to get the Tekken and Brutal Legend sleeves how would that work? Wouldn't I get those when I pick-up the games. I'm ordering from Amazon and I would love to get these sleeves.

I'll probably just go for the UC2 and Ratchet bonus. I thought the sleeves were for the game case like Kindgdom Hearts or Demon Souls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally found a store with Forza pre-order boxes.

Also noticed there was a blue promo sign on the shelf that said $5 off any game by pre-ordering Uncharted 2.

[quote name='perdition(troy']hmmm. think is gonna suck when i start getting calls for my pre-orders.[/QUOTE]
They never call. You will have to go to the store with your receipt.

If so many people preorders UnCharted 2 and doesn't pick them up, I wonder if Best Buy will mark them down since they will have an abundance of these games for their shelves?

[quote name='zero7ven']If so many people preorders UnCharted 2 and doesn't pick them up, I wonder if Best Buy will mark them down since they will have an abundance of these games for their shelves?[/QUOTE]
I don't think they will pull all the preorders off shelves...this is best buy were talkin about.:roll:

[quote name='perdition(troy']hmmm. think is gonna suck when i start getting calls for my pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Why are you giving them your info? This deal does not require RZ.

free goodies... mmm.
151l1259.jpg

Worked for me today. Grabbed Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank, took it to the register, and the cashier was surprised. She was quite nice though, told me to make sure and hold onto my receipt in case something went wrong with the pre-order. Mwahaha.

May go back and do it again just to snag the Forza DLC.

I can confirm this still working as of 5:35 PM CST today. They did ask if I was a RZ member and scanned my card, but I don't think it matters in case there was any confusion. I'm not a RZ Gamer member, or whatever that is.

Got UC2 + BL. The BL thing is just too cool.

I used it today with Dead Space for 360 which just
dropped to $19.99, used a $5 RZ certificate so
it was $10.67 w/tax! Another game to add to my backlog.

I was able to get UC2 + Forza codes today. Is there any kind of pre-order code trading thread here? I looked but couldn't find one.

I was able to get Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank at one of my Best Buy locations for free after they scanned my RZ card. But beware! Some Best Buy employees are getting wiser and ringing up the pre-orders separately so you'll have to pay for both even with a RZ card. The best way is to buy a game or something when checking out. I got Uncharted 2 and a Tekken 6 pre-order for free when I bought Retro Game Challenge.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but BestBuy has the Lego Rockband game pre-orders available in-stores. Inside the DVD case is a cool Lego Keychain collectible. Sweet deal !

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Not sure if it was mentioned, but BestBuy has the Lego Rockband game pre-orders available in-stores. Inside the DVD case is a cool Lego Keychain collectible. Sweet deal ![/QUOTE]
damn I was just there and I didn't see any lego rockband preorders. Were they in a special spot or just with the other preorder boxes?

[quote name='UltimoRey']BB rewards zone says preorder forza get 250 bonus points. not sure if you have to buy the game, but i doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I thought about that...

I am not sure if this will work or not, but the gamer's zone says you get 250 Bonus Points with Forza Motorsport 3 Pre-Order.

You can get an Uncharted preorder and a forza preorder for free and possibly 250 (up to 750 since you can get 3) bonus points on top of that. I am assuming BB has some type of safeguard in their system to prevent points being awarded without paying anything out, but I figured I would try it just in case.

I'm wondering this also, it seems to good to be true. If I take up 2 uncharted preorders and 2 forza preorders I pay nothing?

[quote name='rs600cubed']I'm wondering this also, it seems to good to be true. If I take up 2 uncharted preorders and 2 forza preorders I pay nothing?[/QUOTE]

About 2 or more weeks of people confirming, and yet people still doubt :roll:. Take your time, and go after the 10th, then you'll prove that it never worked.:roll:

Yes it works. Got 2 Uncharted one Dragon age origins and one Ratchet and Clank pre order all for the sweet price of $0.00. Just take two boxes up to the register and present your rewards card.

[quote name='mowmow']any know if this will work at best buy at CB brooklyn ny?[/QUOTE]

I'm really sorry for using caps here, but...

PEOPLE! THIS IS A GLOBAL DEAL! IT WORKS AT ANY BEST BUY! YOU TAKE ONE UNCHARTED 2 PREORDER BOX AND ANY OTHER BOX AND YOU WILL BRING THEM BOTH HOME FOR FREE! YOU DO NOT GET THE GAME FOR FREE! YOU GET THE PREORDER FREEBIE FOR FREE!

I don't understand how after 19 pages of this thread that there are people out there who can't grasp this deal.

[quote name='hellmutt']
PEOPLE! THIS IS A GLOBAL DEAL! IT WORKS AT ANY BEST BUY! YOU TAKE ONE UNCHARTED 2 PREORDER BOX AND ANY OTHER BOX AND YOU WILL BRING THEM BOTH HOME FOR FREE! YOU DO NOT GET THE GAME FOR FREE! YOU GET THE PREORDER FREEBIE FOR FREE!
[/QUOTE]

Or you get the UC2 box and a game and get five bucks off of it instantly.

It's like a high def version of the GGC, may its soul rest in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljammer00
Best Buy in Manhattan or another borough? I'm going to try and get this deal to work at the BB in Ceaser's Bay.
Manhattan. Houston and Bway.

im just going on this didnt need a dumb remark bout about it

confirmed working at the best buy stores in Hunt Valley, MD and Timonium, MD. Also, the Forza preorder did not give me 250 bonus points. I am a RZ member, but not a silver member.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Not sure if it was mentioned, but BestBuy has the Lego Rockband game pre-orders available in-stores. Inside the DVD case is a cool Lego Keychain collectible. Sweet deal ![/QUOTE]

I'll have to look for that one today! Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Disneyboy']Isn't the 250 point Forza preorder deal online only?[/QUOTE]

No the dragon one is online only forza is online or in store.

[quote name='micbelt']confirmed working at the best buy stores in Hunt Valley, MD and Timonium, MD. Also, the Forza preorder did not give me 250 bonus points. I am a RZ member, but not a silver member.[/QUOTE]

The points will not show up for 60 days (if they are awarded which is YMMV at this point). I just figured it is worth a try for 250 -750 bonus points.

[quote name='180husher']Local store got the Lego Rockband pre-order boxes in this week...glad they came in before tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I picked one up today. Thanks again for the heads up. That's a pretty nice freebie.

[quote name='hellmutt']I picked one up today. Thanks again for the heads up. That's a pretty nice freebie.[/QUOTE]

No LEGO Rock Band pre-orders at the Wauwatosa, WI store near Mayfair Mall today. Had to get Brutal Legend along with Uncharted 2 instead.

No complaints though, picked up the Best of Smackdown DVD with my gift card :p.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Do we know when this "deal" is over?[/QUOTE]

tomorrow is the last day according to what we know. Sunday it won't work anymore.

[quote name='hellmutt']tomorrow is the last day according to what we know. Sunday it won't work anymore.[/QUOTE]

... because our good friend U2 launches Sunday... so those of us with U2 pre-orders better go BB and pick them up :cool:

Tried today and it didn’t work. Did work for me a few days ago. They now changed it to "Pre order Uncharted 2, get another pre order free" So for $5 you get 2 pre orders.

[quote name='magicjames92']Tried today and it didn’t work. Did work for me a few days ago. They now changed it to "Pre order Uncharted 2, get another pre order free" So for $5 you get 2 pre orders.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. You'd think they would have changed it before the last day of the promo. Glad I got in on the lego guy yesterday!

Still in effect at my Best Buy.

I picked up the Uncharted 2 and LEGO Rock Band preorders this morning - $0.00

[quote name='magicjames92']Tried today and it didn’t work. Did work for me a few days ago. They now changed it to "Pre order Uncharted 2, get another pre order free" So for $5 you get 2 pre orders.[/QUOTE]

I just tried an hour ago, and it worked fine. Perhaps your cashier entered 'no' when it asked him/her to apply the promotion.

Worked for me today as well ... Brutal Legend and UC2.

Btw, anyone know offhand if these preorders will also yield 5 dollars off if we do pick up the games at Best Buy? Seems like it would.

bread's done
Back