Free Wipeout HD for creating a new Austrian PSN Account

[quote name='xBrandonx']The FBI gonna be knocking on your door :p

I didn't get my code either -.-[/QUOTE]

well seeing as how they won't be given out until at least April 18th...

I don't know but Sony wouldn't accept one of my usual .com email addresses. I wound up creating a German Yahoo email account and everything seems to have worked. I suppose we'll find out in April.

[quote name='todders09']hopefully this code works on the US PSN, but if not oh well, still a free game. Thanks OP.[/quote]
Of course it won't.

Use the code on the Austrian account that you made, then play the game on any account you have on your PS3.

maybe im just being stupid, i dont see austrian, or even german country for that matter in the list. which one's are you selecting?

looking forward to receiving the code almost forgot I signed up a little while ago, hopefully it is easy to figure out how to enter it and what it is from the austrian email I'm sure to receive.

Thank you very much for sharing this! I'm giddy with anticipation, I hope I can play it on my US PSN ID as well.

[quote name='FinalD']Thank you very much for sharing this! I'm giddy with anticipation, I hope I can play it on my US PSN ID as well.[/quote]

Same here. If not, I'll just fly to Austria and bring me home an Austrian model to be my translator :lol: LOL!

Yeah I heard about this somewhere briefly and immediately looked on CAG to varify :). I hope they don't do IP checks and stuff before, any word if the version of the game will have English too (or if the regular german version does).

[quote name='SylvianLight']looks like a fraudulent company just wanted to collect personal information this time[/quote]

Sony? What?

Since today is the last day to sign up, I don't think we're going to be seeing any codes today. If sending out the code is anything like how the Qore codes work, my assumption is that they'll be delivered within a week of the promotion ending.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Sony? What?[/quote] Before people start flipping out at Sony over a free game, let's clear it up that this deal was alittle iffy to begin with as you couldn't find much information anywhere about it on the web.

I tried to sign up but I get "Die Kombination von Anmelde-ID und Passwort ist nicht korrekt" or The combination of login ID and password is incorrect what do I do?

[quote name='tlwizard']Since today is the last day to sign up, I don't think we're going to be seeing any codes today. If sending out the code is anything like how the Qore codes work, my assumption is that they'll be delivered within a week of the promotion ending.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Plus there's a distinct possibility that someone noticed that waaaaaay more people signed up for this than own PS3s in Austria. Then again, maybe only a few people actually did, who knows?

If it works, great, if not, oh well. Getting things for free is tough. Perhaps my alterego "Jorg Boomhauer" will have to use Babelfish and write an angry email to Austria.

I haven't gotten mine either.

I had a feeling they'd check my address and wonder what a PS3 owner was doing at a McDonalds.

man I really hope we all get these codes... don't think they'll check though if you use a specific address... seems like almost all things don't, never know though.

i dont think they will ip check/address check..

i mean i think there will be over 500k poeple that signed up...
i dont think they will make a script to check it...

as for the email, i dont have mine either... i think this is a fake but i still hope its real

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'm 100% that guy on GAF is lieing to boost his e-peen, like 95% of all GAF posters.[/quote]He posted the first line from the email.

Maybe it helps that he's actually in Europe, though not Austria. I think he's in the Netherlands somewhere.

[quote name='SylvianLight']looks like a fraudulent company just wanted to collect personal information this time[/quote]

Lol seriously, you're going to pull that card in a thread full of people using fake info?

[quote name='dallow']He posted the first line from the email.

Maybe it helps that he's actually in Europe, though not Austria. I think he's in the Netherlands somewhere.[/quote]

Yeah if he posted a screen shot I'd actually believe him. Anyone can write a small line in German.

I'm guessing we won't see them till at least next Monday if we ever. It seems like it would be a rather simple thing to program something that would just filter IPs not in Austria, and email the codes.

Or it's also possible (someone brought this up on another forum) you have to register your PS3 to that Austrian account.

[quote name='Boeing 747']Yeah if he posted a screen shot I'd actually believe him. Anyone can write a small line in German.

I'm guessing we won't see them till at least next Monday if we ever. It seems like it would be a rather simple thing to program something that would just filter IPs not in Austria, and email the codes.

Or it's also possible (someone brought this up on another forum) you have to register your PS3 to that Austrian account.[/quote]

I logged into my Austrian account on my PS3 while the contest was still going on. I still haven't received a code yet.

bread's done
Back