FREE World of Warcraft + 1st two EXP Packs + 30 Days of game time..For D3 Owners

monster109

CAGiversary!
So I got this from Blizzard today:

(My name),

You've proven your valor in the battle for Sanctuary in Diablo® III. Now take your skills to Azeroth with a FREE digital copy of World of Warcraft® Battle Chest®, which includes 30 days of game time, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King® expansion packs.

To claim your copy, simply click the button below.

Or, you can log in to your Battle.net® account, select Games & Codes > Add a Game Key, and enter the CD Key provided below:

As stated from user: "sway" this offer expires on Dec 6, 2012

I didn't get an email either. I'm pretty sure I had my account set to receive emails, but I've only owned Diablo 3 for about 3 weeks and I've never actually played it (I won it in a raffle and haven't gotten around to it yet.). So maybe that might have something to do with it.

[quote name='jthieme']I got one too and thought it was because I had just added an authenticator to my D3 account so I could use the blizzard account balance from the RMAH. I figured Blizzard wanted me to have something to spend my balance on.[/QUOTE]

If only, There is literally almost nothing you could spend your b.net balance on, not even WoW sub fees.

[quote name='angrysalad187']I got the email and shrugged it off but now that I think about it maybe I should see what all the hype is about. I haven't been crack addicted to a game since I was a wee lad. Then I got older and started college and just didn't have the time to play video games. Now I'm out of college and WANT to get crack addicted to a game. I just don't have the passion anymore and nothing has really sucked me in. I feel like that part of my childhood died.

1) After all these years is WoW still worth getting in to? I don't have any friends that still play it.
2) Will I be able to easily meet people to form parties to do stuff? Or does it put you into a party automatically kind of like in Diablo 3?
3) I love games but I can't stick to one game for more than 10-20 hours. Will this game suck me in and keep me playing for 100-200 hours?[/QUOTE]
This game is about 8 or 9 years old now. it just isn't the same thing as it was when it launched.

1. Not in my opinion. They have had a direction of simplifying the game and targeting it toward the younger crowd. For example, the game used to have complicated talent trees. They got rid of them and put in simplified talent trees. Now they got rid of those and basically replaced it with a perk system. There is more customization in a CoD game at this point.

2. There are cross-server automatic party creators for basically everything, and now cross-server zones. Which helps with queue times/population issues, but kills any sense of community the game had at one point. These days it is much more D3-like than what it used to be (when you had to find people on your server to go kill shit in a dungeon or whatever, and not just press the Queue button while jumping over and over in Orgrimmar)
3. If it truly sucks you in, 1000-2000 hours. Maybe it still has that ability for new players, I don't know. I feel the game was pretty good when launched, best during Burning Crusade (first expansion), then WotLK it started going downhill.

Overall, I'd say pick another game.

@ridley

Couldnt have said it better man. Gamestop has mop for 20 on friday so im going to level my rogue to 90 see some content then prob unsub. Game has DEF gone down since tbc. Shit after cata, wotlk seemed amazing.

Got the email, figured it was just some random newsletter. Entered the code, just so it can be redeemed. Don't really care if the time laps, too busy playing other games.

[quote name='xRidley']This game is about 8 or 9 years old now. it just isn't the same thing as it was when it launched.

1. Not in my opinion. They have had a direction of simplifying the game and targeting it toward the younger crowd. For example, the game used to have complicated talent trees. They got rid of them and put in simplified talent trees. Now they got rid of those and basically replaced it with a perk system. There is more customization in a CoD game at this point.

2. There are cross-server automatic party creators for basically everything, and now cross-server zones. Which helps with queue times/population issues, but kills any sense of community the game had at one point. These days it is much more D3-like than what it used to be (when you had to find people on your server to go kill shit in a dungeon or whatever, and not just press the Queue button while jumping over and over in Orgrimmar)
3. If it truly sucks you in, 1000-2000 hours. Maybe it still has that ability for new players, I don't know. I feel the game was pretty good when launched, best during Burning Crusade (first expansion), then WotLK it started going downhill.

Overall, I'd say pick another game.[/QUOTE]

In regards to the skill system it's better than it was before in my opinion because they removed all of the pointless crap. Yes you have opinions to pick for your talents but 99% of the time there was a talent that was infinitely better than the other talent in the same branch level, so you ended up with 90% of the population using the same build because some smart guy on a forum says so. Then you have 10% of the population that have no idea what they're doing and randomly pick skills. I feel that they should do that with the D3 skill trees, people would cry/complain about it but frankly some of the skills/runes in D3 are so worthless they shouldn't even exist and merely serve as a filler so they can over embellish the options the game has.

What they're doing now is making end game more accessible for people by making it easier to match up with other players. Which is a good and bad thing. Good in the sense that you don't have to commit yourself to a specific time slot every week and you can raid/play when you want assuming the queue isn't too long. The negative is that it killed the community within the server and world pvp, but frankly the server community chatter never went beyond the intelligence level of what you would find in the Barrens channel. For some servers the battleground/dungeon queue was a godsend.

[quote name='Naramie']In regards to the skill system it's better than it was before in my opinion because they removed all of the pointless crap. Yes you have opinions to pick for your talents but 99% of the time there was a talent that was infinitely better than the other talent in the same branch level, so you ended up with 90% of the population using the same build because some smart guy on a forum says so. Then you have 10% of the population that have no idea what they're doing and randomly pick skills. I feel that they should do that with the D3 skill trees, people would cry/complain about it but frankly some of the skills/runes in D3 are so worthless they shouldn't even exist and merely serve as a filler so they can over embellish the options the game has.

What they're doing now is making end game more accessible for people by making it easier to match up with other players. Which is a good and bad thing. Good in the sense that you don't have to commit yourself to a specific time slot every week and you can raid/play when you want assuming the queue isn't too long. The negative is that it killed the community within the server and world pvp, but frankly the server community chatter never went beyond the intelligence level of what you would find in the Barrens channel. For some servers the battleground/dungeon queue was a godsend.[/QUOTE]

I liked the old talent system, though I see your point. It would eventually just get to the point where people would copy/paste the latest cookie-cutter spec from EJ without any idea why that was the "optimized" build and then proceed to play it wrong and do 600dps in WotlK heroics. But even though many talents were must-have, you still got to decide when to take those while leveling which felt nice when you hit 40 and grab your 40 talent and start filling it out more and start to see the playstyle come into play.
Also maybe it is just nostalgia but I really loved TBC. The PvP, Arenas for the first few seasons, exploring Nagrand the very first time.

WotLK started off pretty damned fun too (zombie invasion!), I LOVED the entire zone design of Northrend/Dalaran. Ulduar was fun, TCC sucked, and ICC was OKish but it felt nice to conclude the Arthas storyline. But toward the end WotlK was very content-starved, ICC lasting an entire year with nothing but a tiny pointless dragon raid added. Then Cataclysm came out and the game went downhill fast.

As far as other MMO's, sad to say there aren't any very good ones on the market. I have heard good things about Rift and apparently they just keep adding tons of content to it, shame the art-design and lore feel so boring and generic that I can't really get into it. Tera was fun, awesome combat except for the whole forgetting to put an end-game in there. Don't think I need to touch SWTOR. Nothing looks good for all of 2013 either. And GW2 just isn't everyone's cup of tea, I quit pretty quickly when I tried RvR and learned of the giant distances you get to walk back. I didn't really like the graphical feel of the game either, feels like you are running in molasses the entire time.

For anyone that hasn't played since WotLK or quit early on in Cata should really try out MoP. The new areas are beautiful, scenario events allow for a group to quickly form without needing a tank/healer, Looking For Raid lets you see raid content without committing to a schedule, Pet Battles are really addicting, you get a farm that you can grow cooking mats in as well as other profession items. The have made cross realm grouping a reality where you can play with your friends even on a different server. They new 5.1 patch, among several things, is supposed to introduced a sort of underground fight club where people can watch someone take on an elite solo.

Yea, Mists of Pandaria feels like a real expansion, unlike Cataclysm which felt like your abusive step-parent beating you up to take your lunch money.

So MoP is $15..I don't know if I should try WoW again. Opinions of MoP are really mixed, but I do have 5 more months already paid for the D3 contract (huge waste of money)

bread's done
Back