Free Xbox 360 Games and Accessories --- 100% Legit (February Update!) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='becker4546']Got Burnout Paradise today even though it still says preorder item. That made my day.[/QUOTE]

About when did you order it?

[quote name='becker4546']Got Burnout Paradise today even though it still says preorder item. That made my day.[/quote]

me too! hurrah for speedy shipping...maybe we'll end up getting two copies? :bouncy:

Still no Burnout for me, I ordered on the 17th and it still says processing :( So you got it even though it didn't say Shipped? When did you order?

[quote name='becker4546']Got Burnout Paradise today even though it still says preorder item. That made my day.[/QUOTE]

i ordered mine a few minutes after they added it and i didnt get it today. im a little disappointed.:bomb:

[quote name='becker4546']Got Burnout Paradise today even though it still says preorder item. That made my day.[/quote]

Mine still says processing. Does yours say shipped?

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Do they do the tax thing combining there sites? Say I got $300 worth of stuff from yourfree360games.com. Then I got a $400 iPod Touch from a Trainn site. Would I need to file the form?[/quote]

any answer to this?

[quote name='miktau']any answer to this?[/quote]

I don't have a real answer, but I would assume it would be from all of their sites combined as they are all run by the same company.

[quote name='miktau']any answer to this?[/quote]
I would say no, because someone's paying for it.
The tax thing is when you get something for free?'
Such as the oprah show when they give the free cars.
Or if you win something from a contest.
So I'd say no because someone is paying for it. I know I got my item from another site and they had to pay tax on it.

[quote name='Mako1215']I would say no, because someone's paying for it.
The tax thing is when you get something for free?'
Such as the oprah show when they give the free cars.
Or if you win something from a contest.
So I'd say no because someone is paying for it. I know I got my item from another site and they had to pay tax on it.[/quote]

This is regarding filing it as income tax on your federal taxes not like sales tax dude. I thought it was for each individual site as long as you stay under $600 but im not sure and would appreciate an answer if anyone knows.

According to my CPA wife:

Any property that you receive from 360games is taxable at it's fair market value as income. The only time you do not get taxed is when it is a gift, where the giver pays the taxes (max $12,000). You are essentially trading labor for payment just like a job. You could get away with not paying the taxes, however the second you receive a 1099 form you are 100% liable for the taxes.

1099, that's it :lol: I thought it was W9 :dunce:

So, what am I supposed to do? I filled one out and faxed it over to TRAINN a few months ago. Is this a whole other form of tax return I'll have to do?

I just ordered mine last week and got it yesterday (Wednesday) talk about a pleasant surprise!

[quote name='lilboo']1099, that's it :lol: I thought it was W9 :dunce:

So, what am I supposed to do? I filled one out and faxed it over to TRAINN a few months ago. Is this a whole other form of tax return I'll have to do?[/quote]

The W-9 was what we sent to Trainn. IIRC, the 1099 will be sent to you, basically stating how much "income" you received in terms of prizes. When filing your 1040 (or 1040EZ), there's a specific section asking about 1099 income. I'm guessing this is where we'll have to designate how much we received. I'm pretty sure I redeemed well over $1000 through Trainn this past year, so I'm hoping this goes well. :whistle2:s

[quote name='Crazydom']If you cancel the Disney books with the email can you still file a MCR? I just got the email but still no credit.[/quote]I'm also wondering about this, I didn't get credit and I got the email two days later so I just decided to cancel, but can I still file an MCR because I cancelled early?

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Still doesn't answer our question. Does Trainn use the totals combined from all their sites to tax you? Or is it individual sites alone.[/quote]
It's probably combined between the sites. Email them if you want an official answer.

[quote name='Crazydom']If you cancel the Disney books with the email can you still file a MCR? I just got the email but still no credit.[/quote]

You can still file it, but they may not give you credit. Sometimes they do, and other times they find you canceled early.

I had one credit this way, and one where they said I canceled too early (which I did on both of them).

the amounts for taxes are separate for all their sites. so you can get $550 worth of games from yourfree360games.com and get $250 from yournintendowii4free.com and still not have to do the w9 or 1099.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']According to my CPA wife:

Any property that you receive from 360games is taxable at it's fair market value as income. You are essentially trading labor for payment just like a job. You could get away with not paying the taxes, however the second you receive a 1099 form you are 100% liable for the taxes.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Whether you receive $60 or $6000 worth of games from this site, it's all taxable to you. Once you hit the $600 mark, it just means you're going to get caught.

so what do i do about taxes if i dont have a job? my parents dont even know how i get my games for free. i also did another site for a free ps3 (non-trainn) and i used the check they sent me to buy a 32" lcd tv.

[quote name='CaHooKaMan']so what do i do about taxes if i dont have a job? my parents dont even know how i get my games for free. i also did another site for a free ps3 (non-trainn) and i used the check they sent me to buy a 32" lcd tv.[/quote]

You still fill out the form. If you don't make enough money to pay taxes, you have nothing to worry about.

[quote name='miktau']This is regarding filing it as income tax on your federal taxes not like sales tax dude. I thought it was for each individual site as long as you stay under $600 but im not sure and would appreciate an answer if anyone knows.[/quote]
My bad I misunderstood.

Has anyone signed up for Gamefly in the last week to 10 days? How long did it take for the credit to show up?

EDIT: Nevermind. It posted. Yay.

I did the Stamps.com offer. I didn't receive a credit "instantly" like the site said. Should I just wait the 7 days to contest it? Do I have to do anything with the Stamps.com software? Do I actually have to print a stamp or whatever? Any info about STAMPS.COM would be helpful. I received an instant credit from Increase My Margin instantly so I'm only one away from getting it done. Thank You.

Sauce

[quote name='CaHooKaMan']^darn.. trainn told me they were gonna ship on january 31st[/quote]

That was them guessing from Amazon.com's release date. That is the official date from IGN.

So, should I assume that the estimated shipping is bogus? I understood when the estimated shipping date for GHIII came and went, but my Call of Duty 4 was supposed to ship today and didn't.

[quote name='munch']So, should I assume that the estimated shipping is bogus? I understood when the estimated shipping date for GHIII came and went, but my Call of Duty 4 was supposed to ship today and didn't.[/QUOTE]

estimated shipping is what it means... an estimated day of when the game might ship. it isnt a definitive set date. ive had on game ship 3 days before the estimated date but most ship a few days after. even when you do get the shipped e-mail, though, it still may not have shipped. when i receive games i look at the box and theyre always 2 day or overnight shipping. the packing slip also shows that they did not order the game when i received the shipped e-mail. its more often than not a few days after.

[quote name='CaHooKaMan']the amounts for taxes are separate for all their sites. so you can get $550 worth of games from yourfree360games.com and get $250 from yournintendowii4free.com and still not have to do the w9 or 1099.[/quote]

Just the answer I was looking/hoping for.

Scene It? and my first GHIII bundle arrived today! GHIII came from Trainn via DHL.

I swapped it over at walmart for $106.72 in store credit. Gonna sell the giftcard :D

Hoping my other orders are shipped out soon.

[quote name='dcgm']Scene It? and my first GHIII bundle arrived today! GHIII came from Trainn via DHL.

I swapped it over at walmart for $106.72 in store credit. Gonna sell the giftcard :D

Hoping my other orders are shipped out soon.[/quote]When did you order GH3? And when did you get a shipped email?

On a side note, for those who have done Zooba, do you have to order books in order to cancel? I think earlier on it wasn't a requirement but now I'm seeing this more and more, does anyone have a definitive answer? I'm running out of offers, I really hope they add some sometime soon :drool:

And also is Blockbuster a good one to do? Does it credit instantly?

[quote name='mev1205']
And also is Blockbuster a good one to do? Does it credit instantly?[/quote]

Blockbuster was an MCR for me. It credited around the 5th day after i filed it.

read the announcement about the drums earlier on joystiq and came home quick to order it... hopefully i'll get it shipped the first day... what are the odds it gets backordered? lol now i need to order the rock band game

Quick question is the drums just a generic drum that works for all systems or are there specific ones per console (PS2, PS3, 360)??

[quote name='mev1205']When did you order GH3? And when did you get a shipped email?

On a side note, for those who have done Zooba, do you have to order books in order to cancel? I think earlier on it wasn't a requirement but now I'm seeing this more and more, does anyone have a definitive answer? I'm running out of offers, I really hope they add some sometime soon :drool:

And also is Blockbuster a good one to do? Does it credit instantly?[/quote]

Zooba in my opinion is the easiest offer. You just sign up with your card info. When you're done they ask you to order your books. Just don't do it, you get credited instantly. Then cancel your account by emailing support with your info.

I got a e-mail saying that my $100 best buy gift card (for GHIII) was shipped on jan 1st and I still have not received it yet.:cry:

Does anybody know how long it has been taking to get these gift cards? how it is shipped? any advice would be great.
I have e-mailed with these adresses [email protected] , [email protected] over a week ago. I also sent message thru support link on the web site 2 days ago with no answer yet.

[quote name='eminemobied12']read the announcement about the drums earlier on joystiq and came home quick to order it... hopefully i'll get it shipped the first day... what are the odds it gets backordered? lol now i need to order the rock band game

Quick question is the drums just a generic drum that works for all systems or are there specific ones per console (PS2, PS3, 360)??[/QUOTE]

theyre probably already backordered. i ordered mine the second they went up so hopefully it wont be another guitar hero 3 fiasco.

does anyone know anything about posterpass? It said 4 poster for $2 each, im thinking $10 shipping max, after i ordered and didn't see shipping I checked around and saw its over $19!!!! I'm most likely going to return them, but the site also said each month you will get 2 posters for $44 (what a deal!). How long do i have to wait to cancel as there was no time limit specified.

[quote name='Cedrock15']does anyone know anything about posterpass? It said 4 poster for $2 each, im thinking $10 shipping max, after i ordered and didn't see shipping I checked around and saw its over $19!!!! I'm most likely going to return them, but the site also said each month you will get 2 posters for $44 (what a deal!). How long do i have to wait to cancel as there was no time limit specified.[/quote]

I thought about doing this offer too, until I read this in the fine print:

What is the monthly charge for the posters?
Each month, you will receive two posters for $44.

How much does shipping and handling cost?
Shipping and handling for your introductory offer is $19.05.

Fantastic.

[quote name='dcgm']Scene It? and my first GHIII bundle arrived today! GHIII came from Trainn via DHL.

Hoping my other orders are shipped out soon.[/quote]

How do you get store credit at Wal-Mart w/o receipt, and how often can you do it?

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']How do you get store credit at Wal-Mart w/o receipt, and how often can you do it?[/quote]

It's called return fraud. You can return 3 items per year with the same license with no reciept for store credit.

I'm new to this Free site and so far its sucks for me.
I completed two offers: stamp.com and Gamefly.
Gamefly's credit never came in, ironically Gamefly is the service that i'm actually keeping.
I filed the MCR on December 26th, now almost a month later nothing.
I sent in a email a week ago and they told me it was because of the holiday breaks and now they are back in normal operations.
ok whatever ... now i still havent got credit.
I didnt think it would take this long, if i did i would have tried to find another offer to do.
This is taking a ASS of a Freaking long time to get through .... almost no worth the game which i know its gonna take a long ass time too ... (got GHIII >.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back