Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

[quote name='defiance_17']Got Fable II today, shipped via FedEx from Circuit City. Not a bad turnaround--I think it was shipped last Friday.[/QUOTE]

Same here. My order supposedly shipped last Thursday, but the lable says it was shipped on Monday.

[quote name='hopeunknown']I don't have it. I have Paypal but the program only seems to work with PCs last time I checked (long time ago)...plus it seemed to be an offer that worked out well for others before (Rig didn't seem to have a problem) and I thought it would be fine. Oh well.[/quote]

I think the deal is that the paypal plug-in only works for PC's. But you don't need to use the plug-in. I have a PC but just log into my paypal account and get the virtual numbers generated through their site.

Count me in as one got a $30 restocking fee for returning to Amazon. Waiting for them to respond to my email.

Received this about Dead Space, which Shipped October 15th. Filed Ticket on October 27th.

I am sorry to hear your game has not yet arrived. Items typically arrive within 3-5 business days of being sent so it should have by now.

As it has not, we will initiate an investigation with the carrier on your shipment. To prevent any further delay though, we will issue a replacement to you. The game will be shipped to you on Thursday and should arrive within 2-3 business days.

*sigh* oh the frustration. oh well, at least this one will probably arrive fairly quick.

[quote name='Ryosuke']Received this about Dead Space, which Shipped October 15th. Filed Ticket on October 27th.

*sigh* oh the frustration. oh well, at least this one will probably arrive fairly quick.[/quote]

Hey, consider yourself lucky. They're trying to tell me that the game was delivered to my porch when, considering that I live in a very busy apartment complex where UPS has never dared leave a package, that's obviously not the case. But they say that there's nothing that they can do. I'm trying to get them to tell me the address that they shipped it to, as I imagine that they shipped it to the wrong place.

By the way, has anyone noticed that they answer support tickets at really odd times...like the middle of the night?

OK, this is getting crazy. Has anyone ever had a similar situation? I'm trying to figure out what to expect and where I need to be raising a bigger ruckus about this.

So, one of my orders is lost. I keep getting unhelpful ticket responses back. Today I get this one:

"As you affirmed you have not received it, please allow me to forward the matter to our fulfillment team who will look into the matter further to see if any possible action can be taken. Once they have obtained additional information, they will contact you via this ticket."

Fulfillment team? IF any possible action can be taken? What do you think...am I getting the runaround, or is this standard procedure for lost packages?

i know its early, but i can't wait til next month's update haha, i have 2 choices stored up
i know of a couple games that are coming out, but what do YOU guys suggest getting/think will be good?

Also, for those of you who did ProtectMyID, were you guys able to do FreeCreditReport.com OR EyeMyCredit? i think they are the same company cuz its not letting me do it?

[quote name='adonis 27']Also, for those of you who did ProtectMyID, were you guys able to do FreeCreditReport.com OR EyeMyCredit? i think they are the same company cuz its not letting me do it?[/QUOTE]

I signed up for freecreditreport.com before and it let me sign up for protectmyid.

nevermind, i tried freecreditreport.com and it WOULD'VE worked, but i guess i did the trial already (not thru this site) :(

I had a Guitar Hero Aerosmith be reported as "delivered" according to the UPS tracking number, however it was never delivered. I contacted them and told them what happened and they sent me a new one while they investigated. I was home that whole day that they marked it delivered, no truck ever went by. Just keep trying to get your game.

Btw, has anyone got their Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle yet? If they shipped 2 day air from amazon like they usually do, it should have arrived yesterday.

[quote name='ReaperHybrid']i'll be looking for left 4 dead on the next site update[/quote]

Same here Left 4 DEAD!!!!!!!! this winter its all about killing zombies....... and zombie nazi's.

[quote name='orgy08']I had a Guitar Hero Aerosmith be reported as "delivered" according to the UPS tracking number, however it was never delivered. I contacted them and told them what happened and they sent me a new one while they investigated. I was home that whole day that they marked it delivered, no truck ever went by. Just keep trying to get your game.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happen to me i was literally at home waiting for the game and nothing,sent trainns a support ticket and they said it was delivered(which it was not),they investigated and sent me a replacement.

[quote name='Mugen']Same thing happen to me i was literally at home waiting for the game and nothing,sent trainns a support ticket and they said it was delivered(which it was not),they investigated and sent me a replacement.[/quote]

I wonder why they're making me jump through all of these hoops, then... I've had the ticket going since October 19th and they just keeping giving me nonsense answers.

Well, thanks to you both for the info! Maybe I need to just plain ask for a replacement while they do whatever it is they do over there to investigate.

[quote name='Kauza']I wonder why they're making me jump through all of these hoops, then... I've had the ticket going since October 19th and they just keeping giving me nonsense answers.[/quote]

I'm convinced that the hoop jumping has to do with Trainn trying to delay some orders in order to get the games on Amazon price drops. I've had two GH bundles shipped to me... one took over a month and several problems while the other I received a few days later. I checked out the price on Amazon at the time of shipping and it was on sale. Go figure.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm convinced that the hoop jumping has to do with Trainn trying to delay some orders in order to get the games on Amazon price drops. I've had two GH bundles shipped to me... one took over a month and several problems while the other I received a few days later. I checked out the price on Amazon at the time of shipping and it was on sale. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

I really don't think that is the case.

[quote name='orgy08']Btw, has anyone got their Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle yet? If they shipped 2 day air from amazon like they usually do, it should have arrived yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I got my GH:WT bundle yesterday. Shipped from Amazon.

[quote name='Kauza']I wonder why they're making me jump through all of these hoops, then... I've had the ticket going since October 19th and they just keeping giving me nonsense answers.

Well, thanks to you both for the info! Maybe I need to just plain ask for a replacement while they do whatever it is they do over there to investigate.[/quote]
I never asked for a replacement, I asked them to file a complaint for an investigation with UPS to find out where my game is. When they replied, they said they will investigate with UPS and will send me a new game in the mean while.

And on the note of the price drop from amazon, could be possible because when I ordered GH:A, it was full price, 99.99, but when they sent the replacement, it was down to $87. Could be just chance, but who knows what trainn is really up to.

[quote name='orgy08']I never asked for a replacement, I asked them to file a complaint for an investigation with UPS to find out where my game is. When they replied, they said they will investigate with UPS and will send me a new game in the mean while.
[/quote]

And that seems like what is happening with most people. But the first time I tried that, they responded with "there's nothing that we can do." Maybe it was just a rep with a lack of knowledge that answered that request. Who knows. I guess I'll just have to wait 2-3 days until they answer my most recent ticket.

well i sent an email to amazon about the $44 restocking fee for the gh:a bundle i ordered and this is the ridiculous response i got:

I've looked into this order and found that the refund is indeed correct. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
I see that your item was processed for return on October 27, 2008. Since the reason for return was due to your choice, you were refunded $52.97. This amount reflects:
Item(s) cost: $43.99
Per-Shipment Fee: +$6.99
Per-Item Ship Fees: +$1.99
P-----------------------------------------
REFUND TOTAL: $52.97
Please note that we cannot refund the amount of a promotional certificate or gift certificate if the certificate has expired.
Also, note that if you returned only one item from a multi-item shipment, you will be reimbursed only for the per-item shipping fee and not the per-shipment fee.
You'll find more information about how we calculate refunds posted on our web site:

now i'm on the phone with someone from india stating something about it being ordered from a corporate account so its different than a regular order.

just got off the phone, she said there's no reason wh tyhere should be a restocking fee but "corporate department" has to handle it since she cant do anything... pfft.

[quote name='homeland']well i sent an email to amazon about the $44 restocking fee for the gh:a bundle i ordered and this is the ridiculous response i got:

I've looked into this order and found that the refund is indeed correct. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
I see that your item was processed for return on October 27, 2008. Since the reason for return was due to your choice, you were refunded $52.97. This amount reflects:
Item(s) cost: $43.99
Per-Shipment Fee: +$6.99
Per-Item Ship Fees: +$1.99
P-----------------------------------------
REFUND TOTAL: $52.97
Please note that we cannot refund the amount of a promotional certificate or gift certificate if the certificate has expired.
Also, note that if you returned only one item from a multi-item shipment, you will be reimbursed only for the per-item shipping fee and not the per-shipment fee.
You'll find more information about how we calculate refunds posted on our web site:

now i'm on the phone with someone from india stating something about it being ordered from a corporate account so its different than a regular order.[/quote]

I actually had something similar happen to me with a non-Train order.

I ordered Rock Band 2 stand alone version a while back. I changed my mind and decided I no longer wanted or needed it, so I returned it last week.

Yesterday they processed my return and gave me a whopping $22 back for a $60 game!

I called CS promptly and was talking to an Indian fellow and after some badgering I got him to issue me the full refund to which I paid since it was unopened and in its original condition.

for people who did Reputation Defender and had to file an MCR, did you guys get credit? Cuz it's been 16 days since I filed 1 n still haven't gotten credit for it, just wondering if that's happened to any1 else?

Also, what games coming in the next update would you suggest besides Left 4 Dead?

Blah... my GH:WT is still processing since Oct. 17th

Did anyone that has ordered more than 3 bundles gotten theirs "shipped" or actually gotten their copy?

I previously had ordered 3 of the GH3 Bundles, only returned 1. I was able to place an order for the GH:WT Bundle, but looks like they wont ship it... Guess I will be contacting them to see if they will either ship it or let me change my order to something else.

newest email from amazon customer support:

I understand from your message that you are concerned about the half refund you received for returning the "Guitar Hero Aerosmith Wireless Bundle" to us.
Please know that we generally issue a full refund only for items returned within 30 days of delivery Unopened, Undamaged, and with original packaging, parts, and accessories.
In this case, however, I see that you have returned an open Video games to us. Therefore, we charged a restocking fees on your total refund amount.
Items that do not meet our returns guidelines will receive only partial refunds. Media products (DVDs, CDs, VHS, software, Video games) that have been opened, books that have obvious signs of use, will receive a refund of 50% of the item's cost.
I am sorry, but we will not be able to refund you for the restocking fees.
If you have any further questions about returns, please visit our Help pages at http://www.amazon.com/help/returns/

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.
Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

has amazon lost their mind?

[quote name='homeland']newest email from amazon customer support:

I understand from your message that you are concerned about the half refund you received for returning the "Guitar Hero Aerosmith Wireless Bundle" to us.
Please know that we generally issue a full refund only for items returned within 30 days of delivery Unopened, Undamaged, and with original packaging, parts, and accessories.
In this case, however, I see that you have returned an open Video games to us. Therefore, we charged a restocking fees on your total refund amount.
Items that do not meet our returns guidelines will receive only partial refunds. Media products (DVDs, CDs, VHS, software, Video games) that have been opened, books that have obvious signs of use, will receive a refund of 50% of the item's cost.
If you have any further questions about returns, please visit our Help pages at http://www.amazon.com/help/returns/

has amazon lost their mind?[/quote]

Did you open it at all when you got it, even to look at it?

[quote name='adonis 27']just a heads up for the OP, Your Credit Report has expired[/quote]

I just clicked it, and it's showing up for me.

Has anyone received their Guitar Hero: World Tour bundle yet? I usually get new releases 1-2 days after they are released. I received a shipping email on Sunday. Should I contact Trainn or give it a few more days?

[quote name='homeland']newest email from amazon customer support:

has amazon lost their mind?[/QUOTE]

That is crazy i just returned a bundle i pray i don't get that crap.

[quote name='iguss']Has anyone received their Guitar Hero: World Tour bundle yet? I usually get new releases 1-2 days after they are released. I received a shipping email on Sunday. Should I contact Trainn or give it a few more days?[/quote]

I'm noticing that Trainn's "ship date" is never really the ship date. For example, they say that my Fable 2 shipped on the 23rd. However, I got the tracking number today, and it shows that the game actually shipped on the 27th. So...give it a couple of days maybe. Then again, it never hurts to ask for a tracking number. You won't get it for a couple of days anyway.

[quote name='homeland']of course not. The game literally never left the amazon box..I didn't even touch it.[/quote]

I think the problem might be what you claimed on your return. Just be careful when choosing your reason. For example like " No longer needed/wanted " the returns center person might be stupid and think it has already been opened.

[quote name='iguss']Has anyone received their Guitar Hero: World Tour bundle yet? I usually get new releases 1-2 days after they are released. I received a shipping email on Sunday. Should I contact Trainn or give it a few more days?[/quote]

I'd wait at this point. Their shipping has only been lightning fast over the past couple months. Last year the GHIII bundles took forever to get out, although that was probably due to the fact that they sold out everywhere. This year, there are a billion GHWT in every store and amazon too so it shouldn't take that long. I'm sure they just had a lot more orders for the GHWT bundle than anything else that they have offered lately due to the fact that it is the highest dollar value item on the site and the one people target to return back to amazon. I'd say if you get your game 7-10 days after release date that is pretty standard. At least wait that long before you contact them.

FYI - mine listed as shipped on Sunday as well.

Guys, instead of emailing.

CALL.

Talk to a live person, I got some much further and at a quicker rate than you guys are doing via email.

They have a call back thing where you enter your number and they'll call you right back.

Then tell them calmly that you received the item as a gift and YOU DO NOT WANT IT. Say that you never opened the item and that it is still in brand new condition and you just want the full amount back in a gift certificate.

Be persistent, but remain calm. If you have to, speak to someone higher up. If you tell them you received it as a gift and you had no desire for it so you returned it unopened then they should refund you the rest of the cost.

[quote name='Rig']I just clicked it, and it's showing up for me.[/QUOTE]

really? That's weird...I guess ill try again later, hm...

so i just filed MCRs for amazing web store and yahoo
just wondering does it matter if i cancel yahoo today even though the MCR says i have to be registered for 10 days

Just got my GHWT game/guitar. UPS guy just rang doorbell and left. Glad it came today and not tomorrow. Don't want the trick or treat kids thinking its something for them. Question now is....do I want it or rather have a gift card.

It seems like some people are having problems with returns. Looking at the packaging. There are no seals of any kind on the box. Only the game is sealed, stickers/instructions sealed, and the guitar in a bag.

Amazon customer service is some of the best. Just call and calmly state that you never opened the box and the large box does not come with a seal.

Man guys...i must say that TRAINN is so freakin fast with there shipping. I placed my order last night about 8pm. It shipped today at 4:00 (or so it says) but i remember when it took the full 7 days to ship anything. Nice to see that they don't wait to ship anymore.

I hope they ship it to the right place.

spent about a half hour (mostly on hold) with amazon to egt my restocking fee refunded. yay! once i get it i will order a new 12 month bundle.

hoping i can get the colopure shenanigan settled as well.

These HoodiaCore/ColoPure people are truly a bunch of boobs. I had sent an email to ask why I had been charged after my trial had been confirmed as canceled and the product returned. They replied with a copy/paste of their terms and conditions. Wow! Much appreciated!

[quote name='hopeunknown']spent about a half hour (mostly on hold) with amazon to egt my restocking fee refunded. yay! once i get it i will order a new 12 month bundle.

hoping i can get the colopure shenanigan settled as well.[/QUOTE]

Did you get it straighten out?

[quote name='Kauza']These HoodiaCore/ColoPure people are truly a bunch of boobs. I had sent an email to ask why I had been charged after my trial had been confirmed as canceled and the product returned. They replied with a copy/paste of their terms and conditions. Wow! Much appreciated![/quote]

You're better off just calling them. Doing it by email will get you nowhere.

[quote name='hopeunknown']spent about a half hour (mostly on hold) with amazon to egt my restocking fee refunded. yay! once i get it i will order a new 12 month bundle.

hoping i can get the colopure shenanigan settled as well.[/quote]

what exactly did you say to get the restocking fee refunded? I called and they keep giving me some BS about how it is out of their hands.

[quote name='kunamasluban']what exactly did you say to get the restocking fee refunded? I called and they keep giving me some BS about how it is out of their hands.[/quote]

Tell them you received it as a gift, it was unopened and returned in the original condition in which it arrived. And you had no desire for the item you got so you just wanted a gift certificate back for the full value of the item.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Tell them you received it as a gift, it was unopened and returned in the original condition in which it arrived. And you had no desire for the item you got so you just wanted a gift certificate back for the full value of the item.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply...that is exactly what I told them....and basically the guy told me that he cannot do anything about it because the gift was ordered from a corporate account or something, and he wasnt authorized to give a refund. I might try calling again to see if I have luck with another CS rep.

[quote name='kunamasluban']Thanks for the reply...that is exactly what I told them....and basically the guy told me that he cannot do anything about it because the gift was ordered from a corporate account or something, and he wasnt authorized to give a refund. I might try calling again to see if I have luck with another CS rep.[/QUOTE]

That is bs.

Guys i have a question, i have already return a guitar hero bundle and got full credit last month and i recently return one and soul caliber 4 ,do you think they will close my account this is stressing me out?

Well the limit of 3 of any Guitar Hero's per account sucks. No world tour for me (Wish I would of known when it was put up on the site) but just ordered it from Amazon myself. Now I just gotta message them again to cancel the order and refund my credits and choose another game.

bread's done
Back