Free Xbox Live avatar item from Final Fantasy XIII

Dam, I wish I sold mine too lol.

I think it's better than the stupid free halo thing though.

How did people get the gold weapons in Gears? (Not talking about the pre-order way) I heard my friend saying he had them, I was too lazy to check.

[quote name='yamayama']Dam, I wish I sold mine too lol.

How did people get the gold weapons in Gears? (Not talking about the pre-order way) I heard my friend saying he had them, I was too lazy to check.[/QUOTE]

around christmas, maybe a few days after, i went on, downloaded an update and they were just there, with the other guns.

I did the tweet thing on Nov. 13th and dont remember "registering" an email account. Very disappointed with this, because I dont think I will get a code.

I got a code and I don't remember doing anything to get it :lol:

I probably did, though - just have no memory of it.

[quote name='yamayama']Dam, I wish I sold mine too lol.

How did people get the gold weapons in Gears? (Not talking about the pre-order way) I heard my friend saying he had them, I was too lazy to check.[/QUOTE]

From the Gears of War 2 page
(http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/Secondary.aspx?id=1826)
CELEBRATE THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS—GEARS-STYLE

This holiday, Epic Games has a special present for all you Gearheads out there… actually, 12 presents, along with a few other surprises as well! Beginning December 23, the Gears multiplayer experience will transform into the 12 Days of Gearsmas.

If that wasn’t enough, there’s still one more surprise: Golden weapons will be unlocked for all 12 days, and the current double XP will convert to triple XP. And that means that Days 11 and 12 will be 6x XP in Submission. Chaps better get his running shoes on!

Still waiting on my code btw. Grr. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']One auction. There are 4 others since then that went from $11-$20.[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

[quote name='TomoyoN']There are lots of exclusive/pre-order/promo items that end up being pretty limited and not easily attainable... Just a few off the top of my head [some might be available now as I havn't really looked it up recently]

Fable 2's LE DLC content
Convention Items [Avatar / Themes / Gamerpics / etc.]
Gears of War 2 Gold Weapons[/QUOTE]

It's not like I said NOTHING is ever limited. The point of my post was that just because Major Nelson, a person involved in marketing, said something is only going to be available a certain way, that doesn't mean anything. Of course he is going to say that. And of course, for those examples, there are a ton of others that are the exact opposite.

Got my code. It's not the greatest thing...honestly doesn't even look like a chocobo, but can't complain about it being free!

it's possible that the chocobo may be an avatar reward for FF (or something similar if not better/more developed) when it comes out eventually, among other things. it seems to be a new marketing hook. (if it wasn't mentioned already)

i just got my code and redeemed it. It looks more like a chocobo baby, which is kinda cool. Hopefully it grows into an adult or something when the game is released!

Happy New Years everyone! =)

Got mine. Gave it to my wife since I haven't touched the 360 in 8 months. She's gotten messages from just under 20 people in the last 24 hours about it.

Yeah, we may want to edit the title to reflect that this has been dead for a while now. I hate to see people get their hopes up.

anyone know how long the code will last / when it'll expire?

thinking about putting it up on my trade list to see if i can get some xbla game code trade offers or something.

Just sold mine on EBAY...yeah....$13.xx

0 feedback winner though...oh well. I should've just gave it away here, but I have to pay for XMAS somehow ;)

I got my chicken as soon as they started sending out the Emails, buying the PS3 version though.

Wish I had siphoned an extra code or two to Ebay, because I really need gas money

[quote name='DiRT_X']subject: Here's your exclusive Final Fantasy XIII Avatar Pet
sender: [email protected]

in case its in your junkmail.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I was thinking I didn't receive it and was pissed off! LOL my Xbox account is tied to my email account I don't check all that often and I accidently had sent it to the trash bin.

I signed up on multiple emails but only got it on my XBL accounts email.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='estofan']Just activated my code. It looks more like a chick than a chocobo to me.[/QUOTE]

Yea it looks retarded and Ebay is of course flooded and prices are bottoming out. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do with mine yet.

I don't like Final Fantasy or RPGs but it was free! :hot:

I do LOVE chicken though! :drool:

Yea I was kinda dissapointed as well to see that my Chocobo looked more like a baby chick. I do like that fact that it was free but was kinda hoping for a big chocobo for possibly the avatar to sit on.

I see a ton of people posting about how it's disappointing and doesn't look anything like a Chocobo, and it's fairly obvious that those people haven't been keeping up with news about the game.

As someone pointed out, it looks exactly like the baby Chocobo that a character in FF13 has.

Reading is fundamental. ;)

[quote name='io']One auction. There are 4 others since then that went from $11-$20.[/QUOTE]

Jim Sterling from Destructoid got $10 for his code 30 minutes ago.

[quote name='007']I see a ton of people posting about how it's disappointing and doesn't look anything like a Chocobo, and it's fairly obvious that those people haven't been keeping up with news about the game.

As someone pointed out, it looks exactly like the baby Chocobo that a character in FF13 has.

Reading is fundamental. ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Makes me wonder if FF XIII is going to become the 2nd third party game to sell better on the PS3 than the 360 because it seems like more PS3 users are informed/excited for the game than 360 users.

I didn't do the tweet because I didn't want the 360 version getting something exclusive since I'm buying on the PS3, but when they had the email signup period and said it was just an avatar pet, I immediately signed up.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Jim Sterling from Destructoid got $10 for his code 30 minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

What a doucebag.

Anyone having problems redeeming it? I followed the instructions in the email and downloaded it but it's not showing up on my character. Any ideas? I'm still a bit new to the 360 but I've tried everything I can think of to equip it.

[quote name='boatboy1']Anyone having problems redeeming it? I followed the instructions in the email and downloaded it but it's not showing up on my character. Any ideas? I'm still a bit new to the 360 but I've tried everything I can think of to equip it.[/QUOTE]

it's considered an accessory, so try to go into that menu box and see if you have it. to make sure you did infact download it, hit the dashboard button, go to account management, and see download history to check.

[quote name='NewYorkelite']It's supposed to be the same Chocobo that rides in Sahz's afro in FFXIII. It's so cute and awesome![/QUOTE]

kudos to you kind sir for informing the less well-read of the source for this creature...kudos.:applause:

bread's done
Back