Free Xbox Live Themes: GTA IV and Batman AA (BAA free for XBL Gold only)

DaBoltz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
DISclaimer: alert the mods if this is a repost...

Searched for a couple minutes on CAG and even Google but only found hits for the BAA theme being free back in August (and I don't recall it being free between then and now)...

Found these free themes that I personally don't recall being free:

GTA IV Theme I

Batman: Arkham Asylum Villains Theme pack (EDIT (2/17): free for XBL Gold only)

If it's old news, sorry. I was happy to find out about them.

EDIT (2/17): Fixed title to reflect that BAA theme is free only to Gold.

ANOTHER EDIT(orial) (2/17): As I suspected, these 'freebies' are old news to some out there but they were new news to me and a couple others in this thread. I honestly did not see them a couple weeks ago when I had another slow day at work and was surfin' XBL marketplace for freebies.

I was NOT aware of the Xbox live marketplace freebie threads so I'm glad to start this thread as it informed me (and others I suspect) of their existence (rep points/stars/whatever to them (see post #9 and #20 below) :applause:). Had I known about those threads, I would have added this post to one of those (to get flamed there:lol:)....ANYWAYS, glad I helped out a couple people, it seems, from this thread. I was just trying to share some info that was new info to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Picked up the Batman theme (which I'm currently playing on PS3) and the gamer pics from GTAIV which were also free.

[quote name='DaBoltz']DISclaimer: alert the mods if this is a repost...

Searched for a couple minutes on CAG and even Google but only found hits for the BAA theme being free back in August (and I don't recall it being free between then and now)...

Found these free themes that I personally don't recall being free:

GTA IV Theme I

Batman: Arkham Asylum Villains Theme pack

If it's old news, sorry. I was happy to find out about them.[/QUOTE]

Both were free a long time ago.

Got the GTA freebies back when they were released, but not being a paid subscriber to Xbox LIVE, I wasn't able to access the Arkham Asylum theme for free -- and I still can't right now. Ah, well... them's the breaks, I guess.

[quote name='Jodou']The only one I'd care about is Batman, but it's not free since you have to pay for their scam. .err Live.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to pay $2.50 a month for a better online experience than the PS3 offers for free. Yes, it is only $2-$2.50 a month as you can always find deals on 12 month cards for $25-$30.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread Nebanator's Free xbox Live Content thread and reddjoey's Xbox Live Marketplace Content Thread are 2 must subscribe threads for anyone on the 360.

[quote name='intoxicated662']these have been free for a long time now, i clicked the links and they're in my download history on my account.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP didn't have the Batman one yet, but did already have the GTA ones.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I'm willing to pay $2.50 a month for a better online experience than the PS3 offers for free. Yes, it is only $2-$2.50 a month as you can always find deals on 12 month cards for $25-$30.[/QUOTE]
Nobody said anything about the PS3 and I laugh at 'better online experience'. Paying a premium for the ability to play games online, using the same internet service you're ALREADY PAYING FOR, is a scam.

[quote name='Jodou']Nobody said anything about the PS3 and I laugh at 'better online experience'. Paying a premium for the ability to play games online, using the same internet service you're ALREADY PAYING FOR, is a scam.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it a scam, its called business. Ever hear of a subscription service? Is it right or is it wrong? You can debate it ad nauseam, as is done all over this website, but in the end not everything in life is free.

Anyways, why are you trolling about paying for live in this thread? Go find one of those debate threads and post there.

[quote name='Jodou']The only one I'd care about is Batman, but it's not free since you have to pay for their scam. .err Live.[/QUOTE]

This.

I don't know how people can justify the cost of a Gold subscription when there's a service like Steam sitting right next to it for free.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Anyways, why are you trolling about paying for live in this thread?[/QUOTE]
Oh, maybe because I was mislead by the title?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']:wall:

I have to remember not to feed the trolls....[/QUOTE]
Or you could just read the original complaint rather than fixating on my opinion of Live.

[quote name='Jodou']Or you could just read the original complaint rather than fixating on my opinion of Live.[/QUOTE]

Well then maybe it would be better for you to ask the OP to update the thread title to indicate that only the GTA IV stuff is free to silver and that the Batman theme is free, but requires a gold subscription so that other CAGs don't get misled like you did?

Isn't that a better solution than ranting about how Gold is a "scam"?

[quote name='Jodou']Oh, maybe because I was mislead by the title?[/QUOTE]

OK, OK. I edited the title to reflect that BAA is free only to XBL Gold. Also added some notes to my original post to acknowledge those in this thread that point out that this isn't new news to them.

These have been free. The batman one was always free. The others might of missed it so thumbs up. I hate surfing on there blah system for the free good stuff. The batman theme is well done for a none prem one.

bread's done
Back