Freedom fighters

peterson12

CAGiversary!
I'm interested in the PC version of Freedom fighters since I keep seeing this game in the shops for under a fiver. What do you guys think of it? Can somebody answer the following questions:

1. Does this game have epic large scale battles like the call of duty series?
2. How long is the game?
3. Are your A.I teammates useful? Do they have good or bad A.I
4. Is the music good?
5. Does this game how multiplayer/Co-operative?
6. Are the cutscenes good?
7. Is the voice acting good or bad?
8. Is there blood in the game?

i gues it is pretty epic . There are a lot of soldiers to fight in wherehouses/snowy fields. you do get to shoot down helicopters, too. and it's really fun manning turrets with your squadmates.
2. How long is the game? average length?
just about right length, i guess. not 2 short, not 2 long
3. Are your A.I teammates useful? Do they have good or bad A.I.
Very good AI, sometimes i can sit back and let them take out the bad dudes. it gets really cool later on because you get to control like 5 or more guys at once i think. the squad command controls are very easy. you only use the numbers 1, 2, and 3 (something like attack, defend, follow me...)
4. Is the music good?
Very good, the music is operatic and sounds like european techno or some mixture like that. Only a couple of tracks i remember, but they're all pretty sweet.
i don't think the pc version does. only console
they are good, the story is one of those "what if" plots. most cutscenes are of a soviet newscaster talking about how they "the reds" are after you. there is good character interaction though. they do a good job.
voice acting is good (the newscaster is kind of over the top). overall, the voice acting is "red alert" good. haha
8. Is there blood in the game? i don't think so.

bottom line: it's totally worth 5.00. the game is very involving and the story is pretty good. the game was done by the people who made hitman and the controls are very tight.

What Mentos says is true, but since Freedom Fighters is one of my favorite single-player combat games I want to post my comments too...
[quote name='peterson12']1. Does this game have epic large scale battles like the call of duty series? [/quote]
I haven't played the Call of Duty series, but I thought some of the battles were pretty large scale. Especially since what you do in one area affects the other areas. For example, the Movie Theater has been converted into a media center for Soviet propaganda. You need to stop the Communist lies, but there's a pesky attack helicopter patrolling the area. Intelligence reports indicate the Soviets are using the Manhattan Docks to refuel their helicopters. Go to the Docks, blow up the chopper's fuel supply and the Movie Theater is looking at clear skies. What you do in one area affects your situation across town and requires a certain amount of strategy from you as you decide what you need to do first: cut the power, eliminate troop helicopters, free captured allies, etc. How's that for epicness?

2. How long is the game?
It took me about 12 hours, if I recall.

They can fend for themselves fairly well, but they really do need your help if they're going to reach their full potential. Like Mentos said, they can take out enemies without too much trouble, but if you abuse their courage then they will end up dead. They're a compentent bunch on their own, but they do benefit from competent leadership.

4. Is the music good?
The soundtrack by Jesper Kyd was nominated for a "Soundtrack of the Year" award from Gamespot. (It may have won too, but I don't remember). Kyd's composition is excellent and the performance by the Hungarian Radio Choir really makes this music stand out. Top notch stuff. Very "Soviet" in tone. I've been trying to find the soundtrack on CD.

Never tried it. Sorry. The single-player game is excellent.

They're decent enough. They won't blow your socks off, but they do a good job of telling the story.

Good. I found the Soviet accents believable. When you're fighting the Soviets they actually speak Russian. It all sounds very authentic.

No blood. Not even when you hit someone with a rocket. There are no bloody chunks whatsoever.

This has a SPOILER
Code:
I think this game was great it was really big and all, great weapons but it lacked the story, man the story is really dumb the Russians just decide one day to attack America plus no story why what so ever, WTF????

[quote name='peterson12']I'm interested in the PC version of Freedom fighters since I keep seeing this game in the shops for under a fiver. What do you guys think of it? Can somebody answer the following questions:

Yes, but only towards the end of the game where you've got a dozen soldiers under your command and the enimies to mow them down.

2. How long is the game?
Maybe 15 hours, the replay value is pretty high though, harder modes give the option of slightly different enemy health, numbers, placement which requires a chance in tactics to be succesful.

The AI is reasonably smart, they will automatically take over machine gun posts and will attack, stay put or withdrawl as you command. More than likely your biggest problem will be accidently sending them all head first into a machine gun net.

4. Is the music good?
Yep.

I know the consul version does.

They're okay

Good

Not really

:lol: I think you ask a bit too many questions for a $5 game, anyone it's one of EAs better products.

I played this game once in my life. If its cheap and your wondering about it, just got ahead and buy it. I got Deus Ex off amazon for like 7 dollars after just hearing about it.

bread's done
Back