Frozen collectors edition 22.99$ pre order @amazon

for the missing avenger movies i needed i just got them all used at amazon for 13$ or less. all were mint and i didnt have to worry about disney's pricing garbage (i even got a mint captain america with the exclusive slip cover by luck !). the fact that target will have thor dark world on sale opening week is shocking to me and i will price match that at bestbuy asap lol

Any update on the rumor of Best Buy carrying a steelbook version?
Googled and checked their site. Nothing yet. http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/frozen-3d-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook-the-disney-collection-12/10876045.html This is the only confirmed steelbook I can find. However, if you want 3D and Blu but no Steelbook, Amazon.co.uk has that version for roughly $28. And then if you don't want 3D or steelbook, the $22.99 price tag here for Blu/DVD makes it so there won't be a machine you won't be able to enjoy it on (not to mention, the kids can get the DVD if you don't want your shiny Blu-Ray messed up =P).

Googled and checked their site. Nothing yet. http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/frozen-3d-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook-the-disney-collection-12/10876045.html This is the only confirmed steelbook I can find. However, if you want 3D and Blu but no Steelbook, Amazon.co.uk has that version for roughly $28. And then if you don't want 3D or steelbook, the $22.99 price tag here for Blu/DVD makes it so there won't be a machine you won't be able to enjoy it on (not to mention, the kids can get the DVD if you don't want your shiny Blu-Ray messed up =P).
Ah, okay. Thanks. I've been checking google and what not every few days as well, but I figured maybe somebody else might know something. I'm not terribly interested in the 3D version (since I don't have a 3D TV anyway). I would like to get the steelbook, but don't have a region free player, so the Zavvi copy doesn't interest me. Oh well, it's not too important for me. I'll probably end up getting the Amazon one, but will hold out. I'm in no rush.

I pre-ordered the 3-D non steelbook version from Amazon.uk. It says the disc is all regions.

That Zavvi steelbook is looking real nice. It would be a shame if they didn't release it somewhere here.

I pre-ordered the 3-D non steelbook version from Amazon.uk. It says the disc is all regions.

That Zavvi steelbook is looking real nice. It would be a shame if they didn't release it somewhere here.
This IS Disney we're talking about. Their bright idea to release 3D overseas and miss their biggest market is a decision I am weighing as to why they did it.

This IS Disney we're talking about. Their bright idea to release 3D overseas and miss their biggest market is a decision I am weighing as to why they did it.
They are launching a new streaming service and need a killer app that you can't get on disc. Were they to release the lucrative standard Frozen exclusively on this service, it would have angered and confused people who don't know what this newfangled streaming is, and lost their business, but I suppose they calculate anyone technologically savvy enough to know what 3-D is will know what streaming is and how it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are launching a new streaming service and need a killer app that you can't get on disc. Were they to release the lucrative standard Frozen exclusively on this service, it would have angered and confused people who don't know what this newfangled streaming is, and lost their business, but I suppose they calculate anyone technologically savvy enough to know what 3-D is will know what streaming is and how it works.
That's why it's going to fall flat on its face and we'll see another "Oz The Great And Powerful" deal coming out for the 3D disc separately for a small fee.

I would think it's a safe bet that the average Disney customer isn't as technologically savvy as Disney thinks they are. If this 3D streaming option isn't as turnkey as "click here and it all happens", it'll fall flat. The average broadband streaming speed across the country isn't as high as Disney thinks it is for 3D streaming to be a valid option.

That's why it's going to fall flat on its face and we'll see another "Oz The Great And Powerful" deal coming out for the 3D disc separately for a small fee.

I would think it's a safe bet that the average Disney customer isn't as technologically savvy as Disney thinks they are. If this 3D streaming option isn't as turnkey as "click here and it all happens", it'll fall flat. The average broadband streaming speed across the country isn't as high as Disney thinks it is for 3D streaming to be a valid option.
I'm in Atlanta with a decent cable and Netflix 3D is always prompting us that the connection speed isn't up to snuff. HD content works fine so 3D must need a decent bit more mbps.

If the 3D BD / BD release from Amazon.co.uk really ends up being region-free, then I'll get it.  I'd rather let some other people get their hands on it first before taking that jump to see it's not region free.

I may get the US release for now and then see what happens with the UK release if it turns out to be region-free.

I'm in Atlanta with a decent cable and Netflix 3D is always prompting us that the connection speed isn't up to snuff. HD content works fine so 3D must need a decent bit more mbps.
3-D requires literally twice the video that normal movies do (one for each camera perspective). Right now, even the Super HD movies streaming movies on Netflix can't match Blu-Ray disc quality (though they are superior to DVD). Having to run twice that will result in significantly lower quality, if they can even get it to work at all.

If the 3D BD / BD release from Amazon.co.uk really ends up being region-free, then I'll get it. I'd rather let some other people get their hands on it first before taking that jump to see it's not region free.

I may get the US release for now and then see what happens with the UK release if it turns out to be region-free.
I got a Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 double pack, a UK Despicable Me (which isn't Disney), and a friend of mine bought the Pirates of the Caribbean 4-pack. All worked fine. The only downside is that the Disney movie codes on these movies do not work on U.S. accounts.

Well, Netflix's chugging is (was) as much about Comcast (which I'm guessing you have if you have cable in Atlanta) and its deliberate throttling of Netflix as anything else. But then Google announced it's rolling out Google Fiber in a swath of cities around the country (including, hopefully, much of metro Atlanta), whereupon Comcast promptly crapped its pants and, lo and behold, days later cut a deal with Netflix giving it direct access to its pipes. Not that it's going to help them much in areas where Google Fiber goes in.

Anyway, yeah, even with unhindered cable speed, I have no idea how Disney expects 3D streaming to work. Just release the damn disc.

so why is amazon listing this from half off 44 dollars to 22 dollars? in other words WTF would a disney movie DVD be worth 44 dollars to start with???

also its a disney movie and disney hasn't made a good movie in years....not sure why this one would be anymore special than their last 100 tries.

so why is amazon listing this from half off 44 dollars to 22 dollars? in other words WTF would a disney movie DVD be worth 44 dollars to start with???

also its a disney movie and disney hasn't made a good movie in years....not sure why this one would be anymore special than their last 100 tries.
you really havent liked any of disney's offerings over the last few years ? they own a massive amount of ips from their own in house made stuff to marvel. surely there has to be something from them you have enjoyed lol. and to answer your question. amazon bumps up the price so they can make a bigger discount. doing that makes it look good to the consumer ;)

Because Amazon is giving people a chance to own the best Disney movie of this millennium (to date) for a good price on a full combo. It's the big benefit of pre-ordering Blu/DVD/Digital combos (which are a big thing as of late) and TV shows. If something's going to be very popular, odds are every business will try to aim for the lowest price possible for the highest amount of business.

Example of this is Game of Thrones. Every season has released in the $30-35 range during launch week. Normally, they retail for $50-60. HBO is notorious for charging high prices on their sets like Disney, but I have found HBO does their packaging very solidly (I had the first 3 seasons of Boardwalk Empire DVD ship to me in a bubble mailer and all of them were perfect!) and they are more lenient with pricing so more resellers can discount the items at times.

Disney, however...timed and limited releases of old animated classics, controlling pricing on owned IPs to keep the profits high (now that they own Marvel and Star Wars, you'll have to go through a private reseller to get them for cheaper)...you'd be lucky if you can nab Frozen for this price after launch week from a private store that isn't on eBay or Amazon.

Anyone know if there's a coupon/will be a coupon?
Not off the top of my head. $23 for a new release Disney flick, especially one this popular, is asking for little compared to what it is sure to be. Good thing there isn't a Steelbook release for the same price coming or nobody will get hold of them.

Apparently they're going to try to make this into a "franchise" and put out a sequel (or sequels).  Looks like they're going to ruin their movie.

I'm pretty pessimistic about it because of all their other spin-offs. That said, I'm hopeful they can pull it off like with the Marvel movies (and Tinker Bell). They just have this habit of following up their great animated films with godawful pieces of trash.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/11/frozen-sequel_n_4767895.html
This could be good - they've improved the quality of their animated films, now they might give us a good sequel. I'd like to see these characters evolve further (especially since Elsa, the most interesting character, spent so much time offscreen). It's worked for Pixar with their Toy Story and Monsters Inc. films.

Even better would be some Marvel-style crossovers (maybe even an Avengers type megamix) with other Disney and Pixar films. I'd love to see Elsa and Merida team up to whoop some butt!

So I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know for sure if the 3D version from Zavvi is Region B or not? I'd be willing to bite the bullet and preorder seeing there's not an SB or 3D version coming to North America in the near future.

So I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know for sure if the 3D version from Zavvi is Region B or not? I'd be willing to bite the bullet and preorder seeing there's not an SB or 3D version coming to North America in the near future.
At this point I think it's still up in the air. We probably won't know for certain until April, when I believe it comes out.

This could be good - they've improved the quality of their animated films, now they might give us a good sequel. I'd like to see these characters evolve further (especially since Elsa, the most interesting character, spent so much time offscreen). It's worked for Pixar with their Toy Story and Monsters Inc. films.

Even better would be some Marvel-style crossovers (maybe even an Avengers type megamix) with other Disney and Pixar films. I'd love to see Elsa and Merida team up to whoop some butt!
I really like the fan theories about Frozen and Tangled being connected. Mostly that Elsa and Anna are Rapunzel's cousins and that the wedding the king and queen were on their way to was Rapunzel's wedding. Plus how fun would Sven and Maximus be together??

Hastings rarely ever updates listings once they're put up then canceled. If you go into a Hastings B&M store, there's a good chance that their pricetags on Nintendo Wii games say "Nintendo Revolution".

There's rumors of a 3D release hitting this fall, but officially, the only way to see the 3D version of Frozen is to purchase it through Vudu. I purchased the 2D version through Vudu, looks great, played instantly.

I really like the fan theories about Frozen and Tangled being connected. Mostly that Elsa and Anna are Rapunzel's cousins and that the wedding the king and queen were on their way to was Rapunzel's wedding. Plus how fun would Sven and Maximus be together??
Well, Rapunzel & Flynn do appear in Frozen. I don't see how the king and queen would have been on the way to Rapunzel's wedding though. The characters look pretty much they same (from a quick glance) as they do at the end of Tangled.

So, Best Buy will have FROZEN for $19.99? The 3/9 ad says Pre-Order for $19.99 and get 100 RZ Points.
It's currently $24.99 on the site. The DVD is $18 but the Collector's Edition with Blu/DVD/Digital is $25. But if they offer pre-order price for $20, then I'll bite.

I was at the local Best Buy today and there are cards in the new movie section to preorder Frozen Blu-ray Collector's Edition for $19.99, must prepay the entire amount in full. Offer valid 3/2 to 3/17.

I was at the local Best Buy today and there are cards in the new movie section to preorder Frozen Blu-ray Collector's Edition for $19.99, must prepay the entire amount in full. Offer valid 3/2 to 3/17.
Thanks for the heads-up! :bouncy:

Hmm, wondering why the site doesn't match the store. Rather would not make the drive if I didn't have to. :/

Just went in and preordered the Frozen blu from Best Buy with a $5 RZ cert. No mention of 100 points anywhere.

Saw the Best Buy vouchers. Yes, you have to pay the $19.99 up front. Yes, it is for the Blu/DVD/Digital format. Supposedly, the digital format isn't as simple as a UV code. And it looks like you can lock in the price for your pre-order until mid-April. After that, they will only deduct the price from whatever is owed for the set at the current MSRP of the time.

[quote name="thelaughingmann" post="11590523" timestamp="1394218031"]Saw the Best Buy vouchers. Yes, you have to pay the $19.99 up front. Yes, it is for the Blu/DVD/Digital format. Supposedly, the digital format isn't as simple as a UV code. And it looks like you can lock in the price for your pre-order until mid-April. After that, they will only deduct the price from whatever is owed for the set at the current MSRP of the time.[/quote]

I'm guessing the digital version ties into the brand new Disney Movies Anywhere app/website/iTunes ecosystem, which is fine by me. I've been very impressed with it so far. Have all my previous Disney movies that came with codes in there already.

Disney DOES NOT use Ultraviolet. It's the same iTunes thing they do every time. The new Disney app links to your iTunes, so when you redeem the code on iTunes, it'll show up in the app.

As the theory on Reddit pointed out 3 years passed between the folks dying and the coronation, which happens to be the amount of time passed between release of the two. I don't know. I just like the theory of it all.

http://theambears.tumblr.com/post/77141477256 Here's the most elaborate one
Nicely done. I would love to see it.

I love to see Disney has moved away from the "princess in distress" to the "princess that kicks butt." Makes it ALOT easier to show your daughter how to live life!! WOOHOO!!!

bread's done
Back