Frozen collectors edition 22.99$ pre order @amazon

Saw the Best Buy vouchers. Yes, you have to pay the $19.99 up front. Yes, it is for the Blu/DVD/Digital format. Supposedly, the digital format isn't as simple as a UV code. And it looks like you can lock in the price for your pre-order until mid-April. After that, they will only deduct the price from whatever is owed for the set at the current MSRP of the time.
Will you still qualify for the 100 bonus points if you pay for the entire balance in gift cards?

Only if they lower the price before it ships. If it does drop lower after your order ships, some have contacted Amazon and they were refunded the difference.
well I've preordered it. The price is now 19.99. It doesn't ship for another two weeks.

Only if they lower the price before it ships. If it does drop lower after your order ships, some have contacted Amazon and they were refunded the difference.
It's not shipping until this Saturday up until next Monday, so if the price hasn't changed in 48 hours from today, call/email Amazon and ask them to adjust the price from the Pre-Order Price Guarantee. Check on Thursday and if it's not changed, contact Amazon.

Locking in a Frozen preorder on Amazon but I am hoping that TRU offers a deal similar to Jungle Book for this.
Can't you pre-order the PIRATE FAIRY or something? I've never done the TRU pre-order, but I might for this. The 100 Best Buy bonus points are nice, but I would rather pay $12.

So I take it there still isn't any talk about a 3D release of Frozen coming out in the States? I would hate to buy this Blu-ray combo pack now only to have a 3D version release a tad later.

I'd be very happy with a BBY steelbook
A tad off-topic, but I actually ended up canceling my pre-order of Catching Fire on Amazon because the Best Buy manager agreed to price match Amazon's Catching Fire to the exclusive BB steelbook edition even though they have different SKUs. The person at the register initially said they can't price match it since they also have the non-exclusive Catching Fire Blu-Ray Combo pack that matches Amazons SKU. Guess I got very lucky with the manager price matching the Amazon price, if I already have to buy this movie I may as well buy it in style :D. I also noticed Target has an exclusive cover art for their Blu-ray combo pack for Catching Fire.

Pre-ordered on Amazon today. It'll be a blind buy. Judging from what I've heard and seen, I'll most likely enjoy this film a lot. 

Damn, I'm hoping for a Disney coupon for at least $5 off.  How would that work out if you preorder at Best Buy for $19.99 paid in full in advance?

Return and rebuy when you go and pick it up.
Do note that this will likely negate the 100 RZ point bonus.

If that even applies to in-store preorders. The email I received said online only for the point bonus, but it sounds like it's also in the print ad (I haven't seen the latter).

Do note that this will likely negate the 100 RZ point bonus.

If that even applies to in-store preorders. The email I received said online only for the point bonus, but it sounds like it's also in the print ad (I haven't seen the latter).
I read the fine print in the ad today while I was there and it did indicate BestBuy.com preorders. No mention of the 100 RZ pt in-store. Glad my store ran out so I ended up ordering on line with free shipping (Elite).

I don't see why not. I'm going to go to BB either tonight or tomorrow and try. I'll be sure to post back my experience.
So I'm definitely late on this, and I haven't found time to go to Best Buy to try and pay the $19.99 in full with a GC balance. But going off BB's website...

"My Best Buy program points will be fulfilled after you check out. My Best Buy members will get base points plus 100 bonus points. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Bonus points not awarded for gift card purchases."

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it. I paid for my pre-order with a GC.
Still planning on buying it with a GC. I personally don't shop at BB enough to care about 100 RZ points. Hopefully that's the case with you.

Not that I'm advocating buying Frozen with a GC; 100 RZ points is nice to have.

100 points is only $1.  Just sayin'.

FYI: I preordered Frozen from Best Buy before the site showed the 100 points on it and I'm getting the points anyway.  Just checked my RZ account.

100 points is only $1. Just sayin'.
No, every dollar you spend equals 100 points, so the equivalent of spending $100. Now you get a $5.00 certificate if you spend $250, which means the 100 points is actually worth 2 certificate dollars.

Oddly, the $5.00 certificate must be spent in full, before taxes, shipping, and other fees. Try to buy something that's $4.99 and it will not let you.

No, every dollar you spend equals 100 points, so the equivalent of spending $100. Now you get a $5.00 certificate if you spend $250, which means the 100 points is actually worth 2 certificate dollars.

Oddly, the $5.00 certificate must be spent in full, before taxes, shipping, and other fees. Try to buy something that's $4.99 and it will not let you.
Every dollar is one point, but otherwise you're spot on. 250 points = $5, so 50 points = $1.

Math is hard
Aparently so is not being an asshole.

You're right, it's $2. Still not a ton of money but I suppose enough.

The 3D release is rumored to be coming in October (with more bonus features) so you might want to hold off until then if 3D is important. That's what I'm doing.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-frozen-3d-bluray-october-2014-69957/#
Not too surprised. I don't really care about 3D, if I had to wait until October to pick this up, my wife would go insane. She is in love with this movie. I do have a friend importing this just for the 3D. A double dipping on this movie is icing on the cake for Disney, who have already made a killing off a movie they didn't expect much from.

On a separate note, can anyone help me explore the uncharted territory that is the Japanese version? According to DisneyJP's Youtube channel, it was supposed to have been released on 3/14, but when I searched for the bluray on Amazon.co.jp it was nowhere to be found. I was also having trouble locating the OST in full japanese (Amazon only sells the English version with an added Japanese ending track by Mai J)

On a separate note, can anyone help me explore the uncharted territory that is the Japanese version? According to DisneyJP's Youtube channel, it was supposed to have been released on 3/14, but when I searched for the bluray on Amazon.co.jp it was nowhere to be found. I was also having trouble locating the OST in full japanese (Amazon only sells the English version with an added Japanese ending track by Mai J)
Isn't it 3/14 in theaters?

Actually that was the theatrical release date in Japan. They just got it in theaters this past weekend. I have an American friend who lives over there now and has been dying for it to come out over there. She even had held off listening to Let It Go because she was waiting for release.

Wow that's major bummer. I was gonna hold off on my UK purchase so that I can get both the 3D and japanese dub in one shot.

Waiting an extra 2+weeks is bad enough, so I can't wait till Oct. for something that isn't definite (if they gave a solid date and list of new features, maybe), but while just about every reviewer seems to be praising the films themselves and their technical presentations (lack of 3-D notwithstanding), most agree it comes up way short in terms of extras and special features; a lackluster bare bones release of what is quickly becoming one of their flagship titles.

So, how does the TRU deal work?  Do I go in today, buy Frozen and try to Pre-Order Fairy movie if they have the Pre-Order cards?  Where are the cards located?

Sorry, posted twice since two Frozen threads.

So, how does the TRU deal work? Do I go in today, buy Frozen and try to Pre-Order Fairy movie if they have the Pre-Order cards? Where are the cards located?

This is not working automatically, but point out there are no restrictions listed and they should take $10 off. TRU needs to fix this issue in their system.

So, how does the TRU deal work? Do I go in today, buy Frozen and try to Pre-Order Fairy movie if they have the Pre-Order cards? Where are the cards located?

Yes that's correct- you go to the cashier with Frozen and Pirate Fairy card in hand and will most likely require a manager override- so YMMV
- they are located on the disney display thing where they have the Disney blurays and DVD's - check thoroughly they might be hiding behind something

Yes that's correct- you go to the cashier with Frozen and Pirate Fairy card in hand and will most likely require a manager override- so YMMV
- they are located on the disney display thing where they have the Disney blurays and DVD's - check thoroughly they might be hiding behind something
Great! I was able to get the blu-ray Jungle Book Diamond edition this way (using the Frozen preorder slip). Although the service rep had to get confirmation from her manager to do so, I'm hoping that I can catch lightning in a bottle twice with this.

So, just rented and watched the movie.

Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel were freakin' home runs, in terms of voice acting and the singing voices. Wow. 10/10 on the movie, for sure.

Definitely buying this somewhere, soon. It's pretty rare that I want to see a movie again immediately after I just watched it, but I'm doing so right now.

Got my copy from Best Buy. Looking in it - nothing says "We're putting out another SKU soon" like 2 discs from Disney and neither of them has art on it.

I got mine from Best Buy this morning. Got there about 10 minutes before they opened and only one other person there for Frozen. However, a lot of people were still waiting in their cars and there was a good steady stream of people when I left, so I don't think the version with the book will last long. It's pretty cool for a free item, reminds me of the book that came with Up when that Blu Ray came out. I actually just checked the store locator and every Best By around me says they are sold out.

I will say they are very lacking on the extras, so I will not be surprised at all if they have a new version in October.

Whelp, they got me to use my code right away instead of saving it.  My wife wants the CD and there's a special deal for it with the Blu Ray.  It's only $7 and they don't charge shipping. 

edit:  They're selling the MP3, I didn't see it written anywhere that's what it was...

Toys R Us was SOLD OUT for me.  I was going to try another tomorrow, but not sure I wanted to waste my time.  I suppose I will just order on Amazon or something.

Picked up 2 copies at TRU for $10.99 Each with 2 Pre-ordered Card (Will be on the Trash Can).  Also, Picked up 2 Disney Infinity Figures for $18-ish ;)

Actually, I"m not sure if it includes the CD or just the MP3's, it doesn't say anywhere what this is but when I paid $7 it did give me the download.  If it's just the download MP3 then that's shit because the MP3 sounds pretty flat.  Youtube videos of the songs sound better.

Actually, I"m not sure if it includes the CD or just the MP3's, it doesn't say anywhere what this is but when I paid $7 it did give me the download. If it's just the download MP3 then that's shit because the MP3 sounds pretty flat. Youtube videos of the songs sound better.
Typically it's always just a download copy, it doesn't say anything about a CD.

Picked up 2 copies at TRU for $10.99 Each with 2 Pre-ordered Card (Will be on the Trash Can). Also, Picked up 2 Disney Infinity Figures for $18-ish ;)
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's this about Frozen being $11 at TRU?!

Actually, I"m not sure if it includes the CD or just the MP3's, it doesn't say anywhere what this is but when I paid $7 it did give me the download. If it's just the download MP3 then that's shit because the MP3 sounds pretty flat. Youtube videos of the songs sound better.
I don't see anything ambiguous about "You've unlocked your Frozen Soundtrack Download". This then leads to a page that says 'Sing along with this digital download of the Frozen Soundtrack'.

I don't see anything ambiguous about "You've unlocked your Frozen Soundtrack Download". This then leads to a page that says 'Sing along with this digital download of the Frozen Soundtrack'.
That's not what I saw. Specifically, when you enter your code on the main page, does it take you to a page that says "digital download"? Because I did not see that. I see now that there's a seperate page that mentions this however I didn't go there to use my code. Then after using my code I saw no mention of the words "digital download".

Regardless, I have the downloads now so that sucks. I might call Disney tomorrow and complain.

bread's done
Back