Fry's Ads 10/16-22 (Updated Daily): PSP Go=$199; GT PSP=$20; Uncharted2=$50

fidodido

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here's the entertainment software listings from the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (IL), Los Angeles/Orange County (LA), Las Vegas (LV), San Jose/Silicon Valley (SJ) and Seattle (WA) Fry's Ad(s). These prices are valid only for the dates listed in the subject line.

The items listed below are as they appear in the Fry's B&M Ads. If an item is listed as "SJ only", for example, it could still be on sale at other locations (i.e. - Austin, Houston, Sacramento, San Diego, AZ, GA, IN, OR), but it only appeared in the SJ ad. However, since these ads are not available online, I cannot confirm them. If anyone knows of a website to view any further ads, please let me know.

DFW, IL, LA, LV, WA: Fri-Mon, Weds
SJ: Everyday

Missing Ads: 10/19,21 IL, 10/21 WA

DS

$24.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

$29 (10/21) (was $34 in 10/18 ads)
Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Collector's Edition w/ Naga Collectible Balls

$29.99
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

$169
DSi Handheld w/ Exit DS, MySims Kingdom

PSP

$19.99
Gran Turismo

$169 (10/17 ONLY)
PSP 3000 Handheld w/ Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

$199
PSP Go Handheld

PS3

$34.99
Way of the Samurai 3

$39.99
Need for Speed: Shift

$44.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Infamous
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

$47.99 (SJ only) (10/18)
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 (Avail. Tues.)

$49.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

$59.89
Brutal Legend
FIFA Soccer '10 (Avail. Tues.) (10/18)

$299 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
PS3 Slim Console w/ Monsters vs. Aliens (Blu-Ray)

Wii

$19.99 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
Ju-On: The Grudge

$27.99
A Boy and His Blob

$39 (10/21) (was $49.99 in 10/19 ad)
Bakugan Battle Brawlers

$39.99
Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel
Toy Story Mania (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)

$49.99
Wii Sports Resort w/ 2 Wii MotionPlusses

$199
Wii Console w/ Game Party, MySims Kingdom, Charger

XBox 360

$24.99 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
Left 4 Dead: Game of the Year Edition

$34.99
Way of the Samurai 3

$39.99
Need for Speed: Shift

$44.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Magna Carta 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

$47.99 (SJ only) (10/18)
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 (Avail. Tues.)

$59.89
Brutal Legend
FIFA Soccer '10 (Avail. Tues.) (10/18)

$299
XBox 360 Elite w/ Condemned 2: Bloodshot, Frontlines: Fuel of War, John Woo's Stranglehold

PC

$14.99
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

$19.99
Darkest of Days

$24.99
Order of War

$29.95 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard

$29.99
Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Set

$39.99 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ) ($59.99 - $20 MiR)
Logitech G9X Laser Gaming Mouse

Music

$9.95 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
Mariah Carey: Memoirs of a Imperfect Angel (LA only)
Michael Jackson: Thriller: Special Edition
Tim McGraw: Southern Voice (Avail. Tues.) (SJ only) (10/18)
Various Artists: New Moon Original Soundtrack

Misc.

$16.49 (SJ only) (10/18)
Halo 3 ODST Official Strategy Guide

$20.29 (SJ only) (10/18)
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Official Strategy Guide

Blu-Ray

2 for $20 ($10 each)
Behind Enemy Lines
Broken Arrow
Chain Reaction
Dude, Where's My Car?
Drumline (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
Entrapment
The Fly (1986)
French Connection II (DFW, IL, LV, SJ and WA)
The Getaway (1972) (LV and SJ)
The Jewel of the Nile
Me, Myself & Irene
Napoleon Dynamite
Omega Man (DFW and LA)
Point Break
Rising Sun
Romancing the Stone
The Transporter
Transporter 2
Under Siege (IL and LA)
The Wicker Man (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
The X-Files: Fight the Future (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)

$14.49 (LV, SJ and WA) / $14.50 (DFW, IL and LA)
The 40 Year-Old Virgin (10/18)
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (SJ only) (10/18)
Doom (SJ only) (10/17)
End of Days (SJ only) (10/17)
Hulk (SJ only) (10/17)
Jarhead (10/18)
Miami Vice (SJ only) (10/17)
The Mummy Returns (SJ only) (10/18)
Ocean's Thirteen (SJ only) (10/18)
Point of No Return (SJ only) (10/18)
The Rundown (SJ only) (10/18)
TMNT (SJ only) (10/18)
U-571 (10/18)

$17.77 (SJ only) (10/18)
Waterworld (Avail. Tues.)

$18.77
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000): Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
Natural Born Killers
UFC 100: Lesnar vs. Mir (Avail. Tues.) (SJ only) (10/18)

$19.77 (SJ only) (10/18)
Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (Avail. Tues.)

$19.99 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
Observe and Report
Watchmen: Director's Cut (DFW, IL, LV and SJ)

$22.77 (10/21) ($10 off w/ Purchase of Transformers on Blu-Ray)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (w/ Free Movie Poster)

$24.77
Drag Me to Hell
Land of the Lost (2009)

$25.77
The Proposal

$26.77 (SJ only) (10/18)
Wrong Turn 3-Pack (Avail. Tues.)

$26.99 (SJ only) (10/22)
South Park: The Complete 12th Season

$41.77
Bones: Season 4

$44.99 (10/17 ONLY)
Heroes: Season 3

DVD

$9.99 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
South Park: The Complete 1st Season
South Park: The Complete 2nd Season
South Park: The Complete 3rd Season
South Park: The Complete 4th Season

$11.99 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
South Park: The Complete 5th Season
South Park: The Complete 6th Season
South Park: The Complete 7th Season
South Park: The Complete 8th Season

$12.77 (SJ only) (10/21) (was $13.77 in 10/18 SJ ad)
UFC 100: Lesnar vs. Mir

$12.99 (SJ only) (10/18)
The Aristocats: Special Edition
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas
Mulan: 2-Disc Special Edition
Mulan II
Pocahontas: 10th Anniversary Edition
Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World

$14.77
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (10/21)
Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (Avail. Tues.) (SJ only) (10/18)

$14.99 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
South Park: The Complete 9th Season
South Park: The Complete 10th Season
South Park: The Complete 11th Season
South Park: The Complete 12th Season

$15.77
Drag Me to Hell
Land of the Lost (2009)
The Proposal (non-Deluxe)

$19.77 (SJ only) (10/18)
Cheri (Avail. Tues.)

$20.77 (10/18)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: 2-Disc Special Edition (Avail. Tues.)

$22.77
The Proposal: Deluxe Edition

$27.77 (SJ only) (10/18)
Transformers Two-Movie Mega Collection (Avail. Tues.)

$34.77 (DFW, IL, LA, LV and SJ)
Legend of the Seeker: The Complete 1st Season

$35.77
Bones: Season 4

$36.77 (SJ only) (10/21)
The L Word: Final Season

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they sure have some KILLER deals! I'm in for GT PSP, Ju-on, MagnaCarta 2. and A Boy and His Blob! Thanks for the work you put into this thread

This week is finally a win week in the video game realm. PSPNoGo for $50 off would be good if i was interested in getting it.. As a former NYer...fuggetaboutit!

Great deals this week. Magna Carta 2, Way of the Samurai 3, and A Boy and His Blob are all quite tempting. Hope they're available in Dallas since I can't find their ad online.

Actually, I hope they're not available, because I don't need to be spending any more money. :D

Yikes, PSPGo really was a flop. In fact, I think they made older models more valuable just by releasing the system.

Might be in for GT PSP and Way of the Samurai 3 if it really is there. According to GameStop it doesn't hit till next week but I'll be surprised if the San Diego Fry's has it already. Wish I waited on getting Magna Carta 2 till today but considering I got it on the TRU deal I'm not complaining too much.

And that's the sale price for the PSPgo at Fry's? Seriously? I might have to see that for myself just for a laugh.

Got Best Buy to PM GT with absolutely no issues, store manager was walking by so he was grabbed to do the PM approval and thanked me for coming in.

(was sure I'd get shot down since it was SO CHEAP but glad to see a manager uphold the policies and not try to weasel out!)

Way of the samurai 3 wasn't even available here, that's a hot price they don't get their shipments until the 18th. Thanks a lot Agetec

Austin, TX ad:

Game deals are all the same. Only thing I'm not seeing would be the PC peripherals. The blu-rays that say city-specific aren't featured in the Austin ad (i.e. Drumline)

PM'ed Gran Turismo at Best Buy. Had a 5 dollar RZ certificate. $14.99 for an awesome game that didn't even come out a month ago. Can't beat that!

Do you guys think I can price match this at Toys R Us from the items I bought from the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal?

Basically I bought Uncharted and Infamous full price. I want to know if they will price match it and give me some money back :]

Saturday 1-Day Sale:

Missing Ads: IL

$44.99 (Blu): Heroes: Sesaon 3

$169 (PSP): PSP 3000 Handheld w/ Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

Saturday SJ additions:

$14.49 (Blu): Doom, End of Days, Hulk, Miami Vice

[quote name='crunchewy']I wish Fry's was in my area. Oh well.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I hope the same as well, I would be their biggest customer if they opened one here.

Please put these in "Regional Deals" so I don't cry every time I see these good deals I can't get in on because I don't have a Fry's in my state... :whistle2:(

I think this would still be best in video game deals because they have some on indiana and illinois and georgia, as well as california and washington and texas, etc. It sucks there is no frys in your state, but for everyone else, it would be harder to find in the regional deals and harder to post since its in 3 or 4 different regions.

Not to mention many of the prices are available online; not all the time and shipping can kill but if you're ordering more than 1 thing the shipping gets more reasonable.

Sunday update:

$9.95 (SJ-CD): Tim McGraw: Southern Voice

$12.77 w/ Purchase of Transformers (DFW/IL-Blu): Transformers 2

$12.99 (SJ): Aristocats, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, Mulan, Mulan II, Pocahontas, Pocahontas II

$13.77 (SJ): UFC 100

$14.49 (LV/SJ/WA) / $14.50 (DFW/IL/LA): 40 Year-Old Virgin (Blu), Assassination of Jesse James (SJ-Blu), Jarhead (Blu), Mummy Returns (SJ-Blu), Ocean's Thirteen (SJ-Blu)), Point of No Return (SJ-Blu), Rundown (SJ-Blu), TMNT (SJ-Blu), U-571 (Blu)

$14.77 (SJ): Wrong Turn 3

$15.77: Transformers 2

$16.49 (SJ-Misc): Halo 3 ODST Strategy Guide

$17.77 (SJ-Blu): Waterworld

$18.77 (SJ-Blu): UFC 100

$19.77 (SJ): Cheri, Wrong Turn 3 (Blu)

$20.24 (SJ-Misc): Fallout 3: GotY Edition Strategy Guide

$20.77: Transformers 2: Special

$22.77 (Blu): Transformers 2

$26.77 (SJ): Wrong Turn 3-Pack

$27.77 (SJ): Transfomers: 2-Movie Collection

$34 (DS): Bakugan: Collector's Edition w/ Naga Collectible Balls

$47.99 (SJ-PS3/360): WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

$49 (SJ-Wii): Bakugan Battle Brawlers

$59.89 (PS3/360): FIFA Soccer '10

You know, Dragon Quest V is now showing for $4.12 at Frye's and available only for in store pickup. Man, I'd paypal someone right now to buy it and ship it to me and even throw in a fiver for your trouble... :)

Well, I got A Boy and His Blob today (along with Warriors Orochi 2 from the clearance section), and I'm thinking of going back for some combination of Arkham Asylum, Way of the Samurai 3, and Magna Carta 2. Been making extra gaming time to work through the backlog lately, but it seems like most of it has just been hours and hours spent on Madden '10 franchise mode.

Monday bump:

Missing Ads: IL

$10 off w/ purchase of Transformers (LA/WA-Blu): Transformers 2

$49 (DFW/LA/LV/WA-Wii): Bakugan

Wednesday addendum:

Missing Ads: IL and WA

$10 off w/ purchase of Transformers (LV-Blu): Transformers 2

$12.77 (SJ): UFC 100

$14.77: Transformers 2

$29 (DS): Bakugan Battle Brawlers w/ Naga Collector Ball

$36.77 (SJ): L Word: Final Season

$39 (Wii): Bakugan Battle Brawlers

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. I keep hearing that they are nearly identical and that there's no point in even thinking about 2. Is that true?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Can anyone tell me what's the difference between Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. I keep hearing that they are nearly identical and that there's no point in even thinking about 2. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

They are not the same at all. L4D2 has five new campaings along with new weapons and the inclusion of melee weapons. On top of that, there is a new game mode and new special infected.

[quote name='iPhone']They are not the same at all. L4D2 has five new campaings along with new weapons and the inclusion of melee weapons. On top of that, there is a new game mode and new special infected.[/QUOTE]

So then why do people keep making it sound as though the games are nearly identical and that 2 is merely an expansion pack?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']So then why do people keep making it sound as though the games are nearly identical and that 2 is merely an expansion pack?[/QUOTE]

It might have to do with people feeling they got burned for getting the first one. Another reason is they probably haven't been keeping up with the previews that have been put out in the last month or so. I'd suggest to read some previews to get an idea of what's in store for the sequel.

yo fidodido you think best buy would price match the socom bundle at frys its available for pick up really really want one but its too far for me no car, but there is one in illinois. about 40 min diference or does it have to be really close for them to price match.

[quote name='youenvy']yo fidodido you think best buy would price match the socom bundle at frys its available for pick up really really want one but its too far for me no car, but there is one in illinois. about 40 min diference or does it have to be really close for them to price match.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy policy is that the competitor has to be w/in a 50 mile radius. And if there is more than one, and they want to check stock, they are obligated to call any and all locations at your request.

[quote name='token2k6']Best Buy policy is that the competitor has to be w/in a 50 mile radius. And if there is more than one, and they want to check stock, they are obligated to call any and all locations at your request.[/QUOTE]

cool thanks for the info -the fry is about 25 miles diff from bb.

cant hurt to try--
and for price matching you go to customer service right with a print out of the item.

Question about returns at Fry's. Are you allowed to return unopened video games that don't have the price sticker on it? I ask only because I was thinking of getting some games at the Best Buy B2G1 sale and since I bought FIFA 10 at Fry's, perhaps I could get a copy to return to Fry's.

Wow, that sounds like highway robbery if Fry's does that.

I've never had problems returning without the price sticker. Just say it was a gift, or that the original item purchased did not have a price sticker.

It's rare, but there are a few items I've seen in Fry's without a price sticker.

Guys, I know this is super YMMV, but I have a CAG friend who sends the WeeklyAd for Fry's and if theres something I really want, I go to Walmart and they price match it for me.

bread's done
Back