Fry's God Of War II 39.99 free Ship !

[quote name='kevzik']Surely somebody must know...[/quote]

Yes, I was charged for tax ($3.30). I live in Los Angeles.

[quote name='bigfeet_88']Ordered last Friday (3/2) and just got this message:

"Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible...."

Not entirely sure what this means since it is not even out yet, but if any of you are expecting it when it releases, beware that you may have to wait for it if you order from here (as some other posters have mentioned).

The email does say you can cancel for a refund anytime before it ships.[/quote]

Don't worry that email always goes out when the game is week away or more. Wait until next tues or Wens if not shipped then you can always cancel hassle free. They sent me that email MLB2K7 and shipped it ontime.

i'm 99% sure that GoW2 is packaged with the bonus dvd regardless, there is no special edition

just like with GoW, when it was on the same disc.

Hey, for the free shipping ground service. Which carrier do fry's use? USPS or UPS or other? I try to call up on them but waiting like forever.

Just ordered and I don't have PS3 or PS2 yet, but once I get PS3 this game will be worth playing. I loved the first one, but gave my PS2 to my kids who live with my ex-wife. IMO, the best PS2 game ever!

[quote name='Raymond']Hey, for the free shipping ground service. Which carrier do fry's use? USPS or UPS or other? I try to call up on them but waiting like forever.[/quote]

The packages i have gotten come from DHL. Ground is fast through them. I can remember placing an order on a Friday and I got it on a Monday.

[quote name='tightclaws']DEAD GAME OVER NO CONTINUES[/quote]

Funny, I just preordered at $39.99 a second ago. You should try loading the page again ...

[quote name='dfo']Funny, I just preordered at $39.99 a second ago. You should try loading the page again ...[/quote]

it was at 49.99, but yes, it is back to 39.99

[quote name='dfo']Funny, I just preordered at $39.99 a second ago. You should try loading the page again ...[/quote]

I guess they thought they ran out of day one orders but had more, or its second shipment.

Anybody's copy get shipped yet? I pre-ordered this on the day that this thread was created, and no word on it actually shipping.

Oh well, I got plenty of other stuff to play until it gets here *runs off to play more Rogue Galaxy*

Game does not release until the 13th. Knowing Outpost with pre-sell you probably will not get it until about 2 weeks after.

[quote name='AwRy108']Anybody's copy get shipped yet? I pre-ordered this on the day that this thread was created, and no word on it actually shipping.

Oh well, I got plenty of other stuff to play until it gets here *runs off to play more Rogue Galaxy*[/QUOTE]

[quote name='groundskeeper']Game does not release until the 13th. Knowing Outpost with pre-sell you probably will not get it until about 2 weeks after.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my bad--I was thinking is was getting released this week. Sony is pushing review copies on all of the media outlets, so I just assumed it came out on Tuesday.

So people know, I just got an e-mail today telling me the game was back-ordered. I called up and cancelled, no hassles. I only ordered very recently (like 5-6 days ago at most).

Frys/Outpost always send those emails out for items that have not come in yet (preordered). It's incredibly confusing. It just means they don't have it in the stock _right now_, not that they will not be getting it on release date or whatever.

[quote name='TxdoHawk']So people know, I just got an e-mail today telling me the game was back-ordered. I called up and cancelled, no hassles. I only ordered very recently (like 5-6 days ago at most).[/quote]

[quote name='TxdoHawk']So people know, I just got an e-mail today telling me the game was back-ordered. I called up and cancelled, no hassles. I only ordered very recently (like 5-6 days ago at most).[/quote]

You can still get the deal! and get it the first day they ship! next Tues. They always get plenty on huge releases. DOH they canned the free shipping which adds around 6 dollars to the cost:( Still its not that bad a deal.

39.99!!! I hope the B&M stores have the same price. I wonder what exclusives BB and CC are gonna have?

But when people work at stores that have games we get 10 % off. Which would make it 45.00 plus tax. Shipping makes it not worth I seem to be a little late.
Thanks.

Just checked this morning's Fry's ad for DFW area and they're advertising it for $49.99 with a release of next week (next Wed by Noon). Looks like online is the best deal you're going to get for now. Wish I could find some GGC's in the DFW area so I could just go to BB and get it for at least $45 + tax...

[quote name='rokkon']Just checked this morning's Fry's ad for DFW area and they're advertising it for $49.99 with a release of next week (next Wed by Noon). Looks like online is the best deal you're going to get for now. Wish I could find some GGC's in the DFW area so I could just go to BB and get it for at least $45 + tax...[/quote]

Ive found GGC at several stores around the DFW area. the BB on Central expressway and walnut has them at the register and i believe in the gaming isle. The one in arlington across from the parks mall has them at the register as well, just ask an employee for one they will show you were they are at.

Thanks, I just haven't been in either of those areas in a while. I used to live right by the walnut hill/Central exp one, but now I'm in Coppell and I haven't seen one at either the N. Irving or Midway one. Maybe I'll check those out and pick up a couple. :)

[quote name='psincubus']hopefully the game will ship soon![/quote]

The only real way of knowing if they have hit store shelves is by someone posting up about it, or eBay.

I passed on this deal, I am impatient and don't want to wait a extra week. :)

Buy.com has it for $45.99.
With $10 off using Google checkout and checking Budget Shipping (7-9 days) the total is:

$35.99.

Not bad at all.

It went up $2 for me as well 47.99. But i still bought it for 37.99 which isnt bad at all considering no one else is currently discounting it from 49.99.

ChimpArmy:

I just went back to Buy.com and you're right...it's now $47.99.

The funny thing is I still had it in my cart and it showed $45.99 but when I went to check out it was $47.99. So I guess with Google checkout it's now $37.99.

I searched GOW2 on the main page and it still shows $45.99 but when added to cart it comes up $47.99.

Makes no sense.
Still, $37.99 is a decent deal.

[quote name='Shadowcuz']Doesnt the game come out today? Why does Outpost.com still have it as pre-order?[/quote]

All the ads show a release date of the 14th(Wednesday). So tomorrow the status should change.

apparently all the big stores aren't getting until wednesday, but ebgames/gamestop got it today. so if you wanted it ASAP at list price, you shoulda preordered it there

Is anyone who went for the Fry's preorder seeing their order status as anything other than "Back Ordered" right now? I ordered 3/7 so perhaps I got in a bit late to get shipped near launch day, but thought I'd ask ...

[quote name='dfo']Is anyone who went for the Fry's preorder seeing their order status as anything other than "Back Ordered" right now? I ordered 3/7 so perhaps I got in a bit late to get shipped near launch day, but thought I'd ask ...[/QUOTE]

Generally outpost preorders take 2-4 weeks after release date to be shipped. At least that is my experience. Higher profile games sometimes take longer. During this time the status on the site stays preorder or back order.

Rule of thumb for me is if you want the game just after release don't order from frys.com

[quote name='groundskeeper']Generally outpost preorders take 2-4 weeks after release date to be shipped. At least that is my experience. Higher profile games sometimes take longer. During this time the status on the site stays preorder or back order.

Rule of thumb for me is if you want the game just after release don't order from frys.com[/quote]
are you serious...? dam, i might just have to cancel my preorder and just get it from EB/Gamestop then..

[quote name='Shadowcuz']are you serious...? dam, i might just have to cancel my preorder and just get it from EB/Gamestop then..[/quote]

I just called I'm the OP, and they are now saying they won't have any to ship until the 21st. The thing is I have been through this before the CS people are dumb and they know nothing. It could still ship today, last time I cancelled after a talking to CS they then all of a sudden had the product and I got burned paying full price for it. I will just wait a few more days and if nothing happens then I will cancel and go buy it, I can wait. I was One of the first who ordered it so if they do get some I will be on the first shipment, appearently sony has had some trouble getting shipments out as stores have changed the date of release a few times now in the last few days, Amazon now says the 17th and BB and CC both changing dates.

[quote name='michaema']My CC and BB both got their shipments in today[/quote]

Sadly it does not look like Fry's is going to have it today online, I don't even think they will get it this week. They are a pretty lame outfit, when it comes to games. It used to be better.

I ordered from fry's and well i couldn't stand the wait so i went out to circuit city and paid full price. I have no idea what i'm going to do with the fry's order if i don't cancel it.

bread's done
Back