Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

[quote name='imascrub']I was able to pricematch at BB with a scanned copy of the newspaper Fry's ad from mercurynews online ads before.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a large YMMV on that one though.

I'm about to check if it's in today's Houston Fry's ad. This means I have to stop by someone's desk who I don't really want to see... hopefully she won't be there. :\

As long as you have a Fry's close by you don't even need a copy of the add, just go to buy it at you store of choice (they must have a PM policy) and say "fry's is selling it for $39.99, can you please PM." The manager will come over and call the closest fry's to verify, once verifyed they will PM...

I have never had an issue getting people to PM when its a legit PM (this is legit for me, Fry's 15miles away is selling them for $39.99)... thats not to say there have not been some YMMV PM situations but a genuine PM I've never had a problem.

[quote name='Vivid']As long as you have a Fry's close by you don't even need a copy of the add, just go to buy it at you store of choice (they must have a PM policy) and say "fry's is selling it for $39.99, can you please PM." The manager will come over and call the closest fry's to verify, once verifyed they will PM...

I have never had an issue getting people to PM when its a legit PM (this is legit for me, Fry's 15miles away is selling them for $39.99)... thats not to say there have not been some YMMV PM situations but a genuine PM I've never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if they call and verify it shouldn't be a problem. However sometimes it's hard to get someone to answer on the other side. I remember once that the guy was calling and nobody picked up so he gave me the deal anyways.

Just thought I'd report that I was able to price match the Fry's ad at the Kildeer, IL Best Buy this morning. I simply brought in a copy of this Sunday's ad, girl at the counter looked it over, then punched in the price no problem. I even got to use a $5 Reward Zone certificate so I got the game for just $35.

Was able to pricematch at BB this morning no problem (Atlanta, GA, in Smyrna). I went in before 11am to get double-reward points and will pick it up today at 2pm.

If anyone in Atlanta needs a copy of the ad, I'm willing to donate mine if you pick it up. Just PM me.

Before you hand out the actual AD to PM to any local competitors, just tell them that Frys got in stock today instead of Thursday evening and also if anyone carry AMEX CC then you should be able to explain why Frys won't accept AMEX CC anymore. :(

Do you pricematch at customer service or at the check-out? I'm assuming the latter. I'm not that much interested in the 10% off, Fry's is simply a hassle to get around (and if it ends up being like GRAW2, they'll only have five copies of the game on hand).

[quote name='anderton']Do you pricematch at customer service or at the check-out? I'm assuming the latter. I'm not that much interested in the 10% off, Fry's is simply a hassle to get around (and if it ends up being like GRAW2, they'll only have five copies of the game on hand).[/QUOTE]
You PM at check-out, however, they will PM 100% of the difference. If you want 110% you have to go to customer service.

My question is this: Can I order it online (for $59.99) from BB.com for in-store pickup, then when I go to pick it up I pricematch?

[quote name='egonpax']My question is this: Can I order it online (for $59.99) from BB.com for in-store pickup, then when I go to pick it up I pricematch?[/QUOTE]
Ya, if they say you cant, do a return and rebuy and pricematch.

Was able to price match no problem in East Palo Alto, CA during lunch. I smudged the portion of the ad that showed Fry's wouldn't get the game in until Thursday after 6:00.

[quote name='joserjerr']Was able to price match no problem in East Palo Alto, CA during lunch. I smudged the portion of the ad that showed Fry's wouldn't get the game in until Thursday after 6:00.[/quote]

Did this and a price match of Crysis at BB Evanston IL

They gave me THE SE Crysis for 39.99 too! There mistake because the one in ad was only for the reg ed. I saved $40 walked out with AC 360 and Crysis SE 86.23 Not bad at all.

Damn it, left the ad at home. Have to wait until I get home from work before I can price match it...

Tempted to do what egonpax is gonna do with in-store pickup and pricematch. Gah, I wish time would go faster so I can get off work.

[quote name='mn9500']if i live in CT and there are no Frys around for 1000 miles, will my local Best Buy price match still?[/quote]

No, as has been stated numerous times now.

My question is has anyone successfully used a print out of one of the scans provided in the posts to PM somewhere?

It CAN be done (using prinouts) BUT IT IS UP TO YOUR LOCAL STORE whether they will do it. We do not have the answer for you. Until YOU try it, you will not have the definitive answer.

[quote name='KiySeph']Damn it, left the ad at home. Have to wait until I get home from work before I can price match it...

Tempted to do what egonpax is gonna do with in-store pickup and pricematch. Gah, I wish time would go faster so I can get off work.[/QUOTE]

Well I just went ahead and went to the store with the ad in hand (without doing the whole instore pickup.)

However, when i went to check out the cashier i had didn't know how to do pricematches in the system. The older b*&$# cashier next to her said I couldn't do it because the ad stated "thursday" blah blah blah and that they already turned away a few customers earlier that day with the same ad. I tried to argue with her saying that I called Fry's and they told me that they got the shipment early. She said it didn't matter because it said "available thursday."

One of the girls took the ad to the manager and came back. She then gave me the PM. I was real close to telling off that other lady or something, but she wasn't worth my time. Does she really care about one customer (or a few) saving $20? I should have asked anybody in line behind me if they were also picking up Assassin's Creed and let them use my ad.

Oh btw, 2 guys came in with the actual TRU Super Mario Galaxy with $25 GC and tried to PM that. They wouldn't let them do it. And by 'they' i mean that mean old b(&@##.

[quote name='egonpax']Well I just went ahead and went to the store with the ad in hand (without doing the whole instore pickup.)

However, when i went to check out the cashier i had didn't know how to do pricematches in the system. The older b*&$# cashier next to her said I couldn't do it because the ad stated "thursday" blah blah blah and that they already turned away a few customers earlier that day with the same ad. I tried to argue with her saying that I called Fry's and they told me that they got the shipment early. She said it didn't matter because it said "available thursday."

One of the girls took the ad to the manager and came back. She then gave me the PM. I was real close to telling off that other lady or something, but she wasn't worth my time. Does she really care about one customer (or a few) saving $20? I should have asked anybody in line behind me if they were also picking up Assassin's Creed and let them use my ad.

Oh btw, 2 guys came in with the actual TRU Super Mario Galaxy with $25 GC and tried to PM that. They wouldn't let them do it. And by 'they' i mean that mean old b(&@##.[/quote]

yeah some people can be real dicks about it. I tried using the 15% coupon at TRU and the cashier was about to scan it but then some other worker was walking by and said, "you can't use copied coupons" i guess the jackass worked there longer than the cashier so the cashier said i'm sorry cant do. WTF

[quote name='dm877']yeah some people can be real dicks about it. I tried using the 15% coupon at TRU and the cashier was about to scan it but then some other worker was walking by and said, "you can't use copied coupons" i guess the jackass worked there longer than the cashier so the cashier said i'm sorry cant do. WTF[/quote] I'm reeeeeel tempted to take one of those scanned BB coupons that says "No copies" in real small print and photoshop it out. Then take it to a store known for rejecting copied coupons and make them show me where on the coupon it says that. muahahahahaha :bomb:

Just pricematched at Moreno Valley East BestBuy. Got AC for $12.70 after $25 gift card and $5 RZ cert.

Too bad Fry's didnt have the AC:LE listed at sale price, otherwise definitely wouldve gotten it.

PM'd at the BestBuy in Roseville, CA...no problemo. That was after getting crap from the BB out in the Natomas area of Sacramento earlier today. The girl said they'd have to call Fry's which I guess they did, came back to the counter and said I could come back tomorrow and PM it then since the ad said Thursday. I told her I'd just take my business elsewhere.

[quote name='dm877']yeah some people can be real dicks about it. I tried using the 15% coupon at TRU and the cashier was about to scan it but then some other worker was walking by and said, "you can't use copied coupons" i guess the jackass worked there longer than the cashier so the cashier said i'm sorry cant do. WTF[/quote] I was worried about that... so, per someone's earlier link, I reprinted the coupon --- making sure the toyrus.com URL showed up. That way, it proves it was blessed by the site and MEANT to be printed.

Here it is: (Please note that it can only be viewed/ printed once.)
http://www5.toysrus.com/our/bru/prom/2007NovemberISE/919738.cfm?u1=445816-2-0-ARTICLE-0

I live in the Boulder, CO.

I just payed $40 (+tax) for AC at my local walmart.

The closest Fry's, I think is in Las Vegas.

I used a scan of the Boston Chronicle (lol) version of this ad.

I would totally scan my Walmart receipt if I had a scanner for all of those with no Fry's nearby (I don't think there's one within 1000 miles of me), but alas, I havce no scanner.

Here's the convo:

Me: "Hey, did you guys get in any Assassin's Creed copies yet?"

Dude with tattoos covering arms: "Yeah, 360 or PS3"

Me: "PS3. 2nd question - do you do pricematching?"

DwTCA: "Yeah if it's a printed ad.":cry:

Me: *Gives copy of ad* "It's from Fry's Electronics." :whistle2:#

DwTCA: "Um, we don't normally do this for something off the computer, but...I don't really care. So I guess I'll..."

Cashier next to him: *stares at DwTCA* :whistle2:&

Me: "You'll make my day?"

DwTCA: "Why not?" :hot::hot::hot:

Moral of the story? Find the right cashier, and anything's possible. Also, don't call ahead of time. Just put a concerned look on your face, and exercise some negotiating skills (I was prepared to 'threaten' them with buying at a loval shop over a cooporate empire, had they not done this for me).

Went to the Best Buy in Milpitas. No go on the pricematch. Well I guess it would depend on the cashier. I asked a few of the floor employees and they said yes even when I told them Frys would have it on Thursday. But the cashier said no. :( I have to wait until tomorrow. They allow printouts. So I can always bring that instead of my newspaper. I picked up a copy of the 360 and will see if they pricematch tomrorow. They better not give me crap if they call and Fry's says they sold out

[quote name='supaet']went to frys at fremont, they told me they won't have it till tomorrow.

strange.[/QUOTE]
How is that strange? It clearly states in the ad it will be available Thursday 11/15 by 5pm.

my friend tried best buy in milpitas and circuit city in eastridge and they wouldn't do it for him cuz the ad said thursday. Stores are funny. It's like they don't believe it will arrive...

Oh well hopefully I can get it tomorrow @ BB when I go into Santana Row for in store pickup. I used my $5 RZ Certificate online so they better friggin pricematch or else I'm out of a Certificate (that I spent 2 years buyin shit from them to get). And they'd better take the pricematch from the original 59.99 price and not the 54.99 after the certificate, cuz then I would've just been better off pricematching on the spot and then using the certificate.

picked up AC at BB in norridge, il via pricematch today. no problems at all.

it was interesting to see that they've got just color xerox copies of the games in the security cases instead of the games on the shelf.

Picked up Assassin's Creed AND WWE Smackdown 2008 for 37.99 tonight @ CC after Fry's Price Match.

(WWE SvR08 is/was in the ad too)

dang i thought i would be ahead of the game if i ordered online and chose in store pickup. I was thinknig since I'd already bought it, they would pricematch 110% of the difference. After some browsin on the best buy site though, they apparently have two different price matching policies one for online and one for in store. Though to be technical, the online price matching policy doesn't say anything about if in store pickup was chosen.

It was my assumption that choosing in store pickup would virtually be the same as walking in to the store and picking it right off the shelf.

Oh well guess we'll see when I go pick it up tomorrow lol

Well I bought the game afterall (Penny Arcade post helped me decide). I pricematched the Fry's Electronics deal at the Best Buy in El Segundo, CA. It's a fairly new store and literally a couple blocks from the Fry's on the corner of Rosecrans & Sepulveda. I handed the sales clerk two printouts, one which was the entire Sunday ad on one page (from LA Times site), and the other was zoomed into the top portion (from pdf on OC Register site). She looked at both printouts briefly and issued the pricematch. :)

I originally had planned to go to the Best Buy in Hawthorne, which is also pretty close to the same Fry's store. I figured that one would be a good choice as well since I pricematched the CC MS Point deal at the same store a few months ago.

I called the Frys at Sunnyvale asking about the game

They said that they will not put out copies of the game until 5pm. I was planning to pick up a copy after my classes, but now it looks like I'll have to trudge there through rush hour. In all honesty I think they'll put it on the shelves much earlier, I'm going to have to give them a call.

[quote name='critus']It was in the Sunday ad in the AZ Republic :D[/quote]

Hmm I didn't see the ad in today's paper, but when I called the Tempe store they said they didn't have it in and they didn't know if it was on sale or not

I read on another forum that the price only reflects the "in stock by 6pm" meaning that the deal is only valid during 6pm-10pm. I find this slightly rediculous and doubt those claims, but I'd like to know if anyone else heard anything like this?

[quote name='Sinistar']Hmm I didn't see the ad in today's paper, but when I called the Tempe store they said they didn't have it in and they didn't know if it was on sale or not[/quote]

To be expected. I don't get the Republic and my dad already threw out his copy of the Sunday, but regardless I'll call tomorrow and see what time they'll be putting it out. If I don't get an answer, I'll be there at 5 (as the above poster suggested) with my fingers crossed. Rush hour, aye, but I don't have any classes between 3 and 7 so I'll... be standing in the video games section at Fry's Electronics for four hours. God what have I become. :cry:

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I called the Frys at Sunnyvale asking about the game

They said that they will not put out copies of the game until 5pm. I was planning to pick up a copy after my classes, but now it looks like I'll have to trudge there through rush hour. In all honesty I think they'll put it on the shelves much earlier, I'm going to have to give them a call.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they put it out early as well not cause of the traffic but cause I've got a damn midterm at 5:30pm. They say they are just waiting for the ps3 copies to get in. But they also say they are waiting till 6pm to release the game. The Ad says "by 6pm" not at 6pm ARGH

To top it off local bb and cc wont pricematch.

Good luck to all of you who will be @ Fry's tomorrow.

I'm going there during lunch break (5p)...hopefully it's there by then. Otherwise...Raincheck!

Just an FYI. I have seen MOST of the Friday ad (16 Nov) for the Seattle locations (our Friday ads are 4 pages - I have seen 3 of the 4).

The primary game section was included with what I have seen. This is what is listed on sale Friday in SEATTLE (please note, NO DEALS worth taking advantage of):

PS3 and/or X360
Call of Duty 4 (PS3/X360) - 59.99
Need for Speed Pro Street (PS3/X360) - 59.99
Smackdown vs Raw (PS3/X360) - 59.99
BlackSite: Area 51 (X360) - 59.99
NBA Live 08 (PS3/X360) - 44.99
Kane & Lynch Dead Men (PS3/X360) - 59.99

PSP
Metal Gear Solid Port Ops (PSP) - 17.99

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - 49.99
Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) - 44.99

PC
Everquest Secrets of Faydwer (PC) - 39.99
Sim City Societies (PC) - 39.99
Crysis (PC) - 39.99

DVDs
Six Feet Under Box Sets - Seasons 1-5 - 16.99/each
Gilmore Girls Box Sets - Seasons 1, 2, 4 - 16.99/each
30 BlueRay Discs on Sale - Buy One, Get One Free (specific selection, mostly scifi/fantasy/horror, not all listed in ad)

Hardware
Wii, with charge station and Mario&Sonic - 329.97

As you can see, unless AC is included on the front bumper page that I have NOT seen, then AC is NOT on sale IN SEATTLE this Friday. SO MAKE SURE TO GRAB YOUR COPY TOMORROW TO BE SAFE.

Note: although most of the ads are the same across stores, there are sometimes significant variances, so games may appear on sale at one store but not at others, so YMMV.

[quote name='tightclaws']Did this and a price match of Crysis at BB Evanston IL

They gave me THE SE Crysis for 39.99 too! There mistake because the one in ad was only for the reg ed. I saved $40 walked out with AC 360 and Crysis SE 86.23 Not bad at all.[/quote]

ha! great catch!

Not to go on a tangent, but I picked up a copy of the game yesterday afternoon (and I'll return my free copy when it arrives next week). Put in about four or five hours. Yes, you are doing similar things again and again. But the core gameplay is very fun IMO, the story has got me, and the graphics are among the most stunning I've ever seen in any videogame.

Well worth the price I'm paying ($0), but easily a steal at $39 as well--best of luck to those trying to pick this up :)

I'm striking out here in Georgia....I live about an hr away from Atlanta--Walmart denied my PM request...the closest BestBuy and CC are 30 min away and when I call, they say they won't do it because Fry's is too far away. Any suggestions of how to get this deal besides driving to Fry's or into Atlanta?

bread's done
Back