Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

can you please provide a scan or something? Fry's ads usually don't leak early..and it's still Saturday.

What is frys?

I remebering asking this once before and getting ripped apart for it. But honestly dont think I have ever seen a store called frys.

[quote name='gsr']can you please provide a scan or something? Fry's ads usually don't leak early..and it's still Saturday.[/quote]

Some newspapers release generic Sunday papers a few days early (meaning no actual late-breaking or up-to-date news) and that's one way you can get Sunday's ads early.

Fry's is a huge electronics store that carries huge volume of computer (all kinds of stuff- Motherboards, etc - and as an added bonus generally about 10-40% more expensive than Newegg.com- so I never buy computer equipment from them), games, TV's, etc.

The occasionally have great deals on things as well.

Sorry, not worth my effort to scan. As I indicated, I bought the EARLY EDITION of the Seattle newspapers (the Sunday paper is combined of both local papers).

It is in the ad.

i never have any luck pming the renton location with anyone here near lynnwood. Even wal mart gives me a hastle. I have to admit though, 39.99 opens my eyes to assains creed, where as i really had no interest before.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']i never have any luck pming the renton location with anyone here near lynnwood. Even wal mart gives me a hastle. I have to admit though, 39.99 opens my eyes to assains creed, where as i really had no interest before.[/quote]
You could be too far away?

I am in Northgate.

[quote name='Brymo']You could be too far away?

I am in Northgate.[/QUOTE]

I've even tried the best buy in northgate, where they gave me the usual to far way thing. Im in no rush though, i get all the buy 2 get 1 at gamestop i want so i can wait for it to show up used.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I've even tried the best buy in northgate, where they gave me the usual to far way thing. Im in no rush though, i get all the buy 2 get 1 at gamestop i want so i can wait for it to show up used.[/quote]

Whoa, weird.

Never done that to me.

Sundays Houston Chronicle. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

11-10-07_1501.jpg

[quote name='MastaGamer']Damn Michigan for having no Fry's...I would much like this game at that price[/quote]

AHHHH.

Thats why I have never heard of Frys. I also live in Michgan.

Damn...us Michigan folk are going to have to find a way to get it for 40 bucks also.

Nice price, hopefully it'll appear in the Sunday ad for the Bay Area Frys.

If it's on sale, it might end up becoming just like the "GRAW 2 for $34.99" fiasco. If that's the case, you'll need to get there like 2 hours before they get their shipment and just hang around until they receive it. They sold out of GRAW 2 in like a minute. Most people ended up getting rainchecks, I ended up price matching it at Best Buy. Looks like I'm going to have to get a copy of the paper ad.

is this can be price matched at toys rus it will be amazing. Since i plan on getting galaxy with $25 giftcard then assassins creed would only be $15

[quote name='panasonic']is this can be price matched at toys rus it will be amazing. Since i plan on getting galaxy with $25 giftcard then assassins creed would only be $15[/QUOTE]

Sorry, TRU stopped price matching about two years ago. I was thinking about picking up Galaxy there, but then I thought, "What am I going to do with a $25 gift card, when most of the Games at TRU are $10-$15 above the average?"

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']... but then I thought, "What am I going to do with a $25 gift card, when most of the Games at TRU are $10-$15 above the average?"[/quote]
you could use it to... um... save 10-15 dollars?

crashnburn69, thanks for the confirmation.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh hey, I might pick up Crysis as well :D[/QUOTE]
Glad I could help.

For the older folks with poor eyesight, that's the following left to right.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - $39.99 available 11/13 by noon
Crysis (PC) - $39.99 available 11/15 by noon
Assassin's Creed (PS3/360) - $39.99 available 11/15 by 5PM

That is a really good deal on a day one release. I hope this deal appears at other locations.

[quote name='tak']That is a really good deal on a day one release. I hope this deal appears at other locations.[/quote]

Yeah, it'd be great if other stores had this on sale too.

I can confirm Assassin's Creed for $40 in Atlanta. Available Thursday by 6PM. But Mario Galaxy is $50. Oh well, one out of two ain't bad.

[quote name='janizzzle']yea i still got credit @ TRU, i hope i can PM this; thats if it shows up on sunday ads[/QUOTE]
TRU doesnt pricematch.

[quote name='crashnburn69']Sundays Houston Chronicle. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

11-10-07_1501.jpg
[/quote]

Alright! The deal is in Houston too! I got the early sunday edition, but the only Fry's paper I saw was that little half-paper in the sports section. Going to keep looking. Also for the Toys R US Super Mario Galaxy deal, it doesnt say that you HAVE to buy the game only on tuesday and after 5. Its anytime from 11/11 to 11/17 while supplies last. Just a little heads up for others intrested.

[quote name='Felder71']I can confirm Assassin's Creed for $40 in Atlanta. Available Thursday by 6PM. But Mario Galaxy is $50. Oh well, one out of two ain't bad.[/quote]
Thank you Felder. Is it in the Sunday early? I ask because I need a physical copy for a price match.

Well Fry's ads are good as follows:

Friday,Saturday, Sunday, Monday ads are good the Friday through Tuesday (after the Friday ad).

The Wednesday ad is good Wed/Thurs.

Something like this, which is advertised in advanced, since it is avail "by" Thursday, is guaranteed ONLY for Thursday (or before). In MOST cases where they have done this (I am referring to Seattle), the same price is advertised on Friday, so good through the following Tuesday.

Again this is NOT SET IN STONE, as there have been times where the price is not good on that Friday. Also each Fry's location can and often has different prices.

So to answer your question, you are guaranteed the price on Thursday (or before). Anything after that date is "your milage may vary".

Oh man I am so in on this if I can get confirmation that Bay Area Fry's also have the same deal. My sunday paper already came and there was no mention of Assasins Creed.

According to the Seattle Fry's Ad, the prices listed on Sunday are good through Tuesday. So that tells me that it's probably a 1-day deal here. I fully expect them to see out super-fast and then issue a shitload of rain-checks. Then they'll promise to call you when one comes in and never do so. Still, I have had some success in proce-matching to other stores in the area.

Thanks for posting if in fact this sale does apply to everywhere there is a frys near my job and id be willing to pick up extra copies for those interested. Let me know...

[quote name='AllTimeMo']What does it mean available by 6pm?[/quote]

It means that by 6pm it should be instore. Of course it could be in there before then as well.

bread's done
Back