Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

Mostlikely not only thursday, prices are usually good for a few days, but it could (probably will) sell out.

this is AWESOME! ima try and get it price matched at best buy.... anychance someone is planning to pick up a few and sending out for shipping+ minimal profit? :)

1. They are stating they will have the game BY Thursday. They may get it earlier - as soon as Tuesday (the official release day)
2. The price will be good for any point up through Thursday for sure. Whether it is good past Thursday will be known once Friday's ads are published.

Your best bet is to call starting on Tuesday to see if it has come in yet. My guess, is it will go fast once in, and you may be out of luck if it comes in before Thursday.

[quote name='kopanda2']anyone in illinois let me know if we get the 39.99 deal too ?[/quote]

Confirmed via the Sunday Chicago Tribune (page 14 of the Metro section) for Downers Grove as well! :applause:

[quote name='cb4774']Confirmed via the Sunday Tribune (page 14 of the Metro section) for Chicago as well! :applause:[/quote]

damn... i'd love to pick this up at this price. i wonder if there's gonna be an amazon.com DOTD price match/drop

[quote name='cb4774']Confirmed via the Sunday Chicago Tribune (page 14 of the Metro section) for Downers Grove as well! :applause:[/quote]
i love u :D

for this thursday ?

[quote name='crewj']damn... i'd love to pick this up at this price. i wonder if there's gonna be an amazon.com DOTD price match/drop[/quote]

Whenever Frys has a deal that I can't pass up and I don't feel like making the drive, I just head to Best Buy with the Frys ad in my hand.

so if the release date is tues that means its available to buy wed right? so the price should be good?

anyone in socal confirm this?

[quote name='Furashu']so if the release date is tues that means its available to buy wed right?[/quote]

That sounds right, although video game release dates are always kind of questionable. Sunday's Meijer ad for example, lists Assassin's Creed as available Wednesday, November 14, 5 PM...as opposed to Smackdown Vs. Raw, which is Tuesday, November 13, 12:01 AM.

EDIT: I'd definately go w/Wednesday for AC, both the BB and CC ads state available by 2 PM Wednesday.

[quote name='kopanda2']hey cb4774 on the add for chicago what date did it say Ac would be available, thursday? ^_^[/quote]

It reads:

"Available Thursday 11/15 by 6PM*
*Subject to Manufacturer's Delivery"

It's identical to the large scan on the previous page.

[quote name='cb4774']It reads:

"Available Thursday 11/15 by 6PM*
*Subject to Manufacturer's Delivery"

It's identical to the large scan on the previous page.[/quote]

thanks a lot for ur help man

[quote name='JJSP']
frys.jpg

Confirmed for LA/OC as well. It's little, but it works. :)[/quote]

Thats weird, there is no price for the ad online!

http://ads.ocregister.com/interactive-ads/ocr/images/pdf/20071109084239.pdf

maybe I need to start buying newspapers...

[quote name='cb4774']Whenever Frys has a deal that I can't pass up and I don't feel like making the drive, I just head to Best Buy with the Frys ad in my hand.[/quote]

Will best buy price match only on in-stock items? I wonder if they would call to check on availibility or just give me the price match. I assume Frys will sell out pretty quick up here at the reonton (WA) store.

Don't forget. Fry's gives rain checks so that's a great way to make sure you get the $39.99 price even if they don't have them in stock. There is no mention of "no rain checks" in the ad so it's definitely an option. For those that need the game day of buying the game somewhere else and then returning and going through the return process is somewhat of a hassle but an option.

most stores in the greater seatle area (at least) will NOT price match to Fry's. Honestly, your best best is WalMart down on Rainier/Tukwila.

[quote name='ryamkajr']most stores in the greater seatle area (at least) will NOT price match to Fry's. Honestly, your best best is WalMart down on Rainier/Tukwila.[/QUOTE]

I've had luck at that Walmart and at the BB and CC in southcenter matching Fry's.

[quote name='imascrub']oh god i would cream my pants if this is in the bay area Fry's ad.[/quote]

If it is can you please send me the ad or the recipt when you buy it?

[quote name='joserjerr']Don't forget. Fry's gives rain checks so that's a great way to make sure you get the $39.99 price even if they don't have them in stock. There is no mention of "no rain checks" in the ad so it's definitely an option.[/quote]

Really? Because I tried to pick up Etrian Odyssey there which was 5 bucks off retail. Well they never got the game on Tuesday like it said in the ad. So I asked for a rain check, and I was told sorry. So when i was checking out I asked to speak to a manager who went back to the video game section and talked with the guy who told me to beat it. He said to honor the price and the guy said the only way would be to call me when the game came in and he would honor the price that they advertised. Well I'm still waiting for the call. SO my store didn't understand how to honor their own ad.
Fry's is one of the worst retail stores around. You can see dozens of employees in all direction of you but none of them offer help and seem to be just walking in circles. IMHO I think that they might be an Al Qaeda training camp.

Frys do do raincheck. I know cuz I bought KH2 off of them when KH2 was sold out at the price it was goin at

Whoa... Assassin's Creed & Super Mario Galaxy for $39.99? Wow I'm heading to Toys R' Us to get its Pricematch. I love you Frys! Thank god, I've been searching everywhere to get the cheapest Assasin's Creed. Fry is the only place I can get in Burbank and TRU is 1/2 mile away from Frys/Costco and 1 block away from BB/CC/FYE/GS/Target. Thanks OP for pointing out this deal!

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Really? Because I tried to pick up Etrian Odyssey there which was 5 bucks off retail. Well they never got the game on Tuesday like it said in the ad. So I asked for a rain check, and I was told sorry. So when i was checking out I asked to speak to a manager who went back to the video game section and talked with the guy who told me to beat it. He said to honor the price and the guy said the only way would be to call me when the game came in and he would honor the price that they advertised. Well I'm still waiting for the call. SO my store didn't understand how to honor their own ad.
Fry's is one of the worst retail stores around. You can see dozens of employees in all direction of you but none of them offer help and seem to be just walking in circles. IMHO I think that they might be an Al Qaeda training camp.[/QUOTE]

That's been my experience with rain checks and Fry's. I'm sorry to hear your trouble but I'm not surprised. Most of the people at Fry's have little to no idea of any of their products in their section. I have found a helpful person on occasion but that is rare. Be prepared for the rain check process to take awhile as with most things at Fry's.

Which Fry's is giving you problems? My guess is that they just don't know any better.

[quote name='joserjerr']That's been my experience with rain checks and Fry's. I'm sorry to hear your trouble but I'm not surprised. Most of the people at Fry's have little to no idea of any of their products in their section. I have found a helpful person on occasion but that is rare. Be prepared for the rain check process to take awhile as with most things at Fry's.

Which Fry's is giving you problems? My guess is that they just don't know any better.[/QUOTE]
\
I've never had a problem getting a rain check from Frys. Just try to snag one of the guys who is working in the aisle, don't wait til the checkout line. Then it usually won't take long.

Same ad confirmed for bay area stores.
Available Thurs 11/15 at 6pm for $39.99

I don't get the sunday paper but I checked mercurynews.com online shopping ads. They just updated for the sunday ads.

Alright, crap.

This is an awesome deal, but being in Michigan, and not having a Fry's electronics anywhere near me- I'm not sure what would be the best way to approach this deal.

People talk about price matching at Toys R Us, how would I go about doing that though ? Also will this price be available to order AC online ?

im new to pricematching, am i able to print a copy of the 39.99 price ad from online from any newspaper or it has to be my local newspaper printed?

The ad here in Houston says avaiable Thursday but all the other store ads say available Wed. Think Frys will have it Wed?

There were two ads for Fry's featuring Assassin's Creed in the paper this morning, one had the $39.99 price, the other listed it as $59.99, so this might be a price mistake. Either way, I'll probably just try PM'ing it at BB anyway.

bread's done
Back