Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

Ok, let me try and answer a bunch of posts at once:

Re: Super Mario Galaxy @ $39.99 in LA:

I'm willing to bet the $39.99 Super Mario Galaxy is a misprint in the LA papers. Why? Because of the "Everyday Low Price" logo next to the price. That's NOT the everyday (MSRP) price. Plus every other location has it listed as $49.99. This is a great ad to use for pricematching though.

Re: Avail. Thurs. by 6pm:

If Fry's lists Assassin's Creed as Available Thurs by 6PM, then that means they expect to receive their shipment Thursday afternoon. Even if Fry's were to receive the game on Weds, there is NO GUARANTEE that the price will be $39.99 until Thursday. I'd expect that if you find a copy on Weds., it will ring up as $59.99.

Re: Non-local Pricematching:

Pulling off a Price Match without a LOCAL ad requires a LOT of luck. First, most stores will only accept ORIGINAL ads. If you download an ad and print it, you've already cut your chance to 50%. If the store you are going to is not within a 30 minute drive of a Fry's, then I'd put your odds at about 10%.

Now, there are a lot of "non-savvy" clerks out there, especially in some of the less populated areas of the country. And there's definitely some art in guessing which checkout clerks are familiar with pricematching, but not so clueless as to require checking with a manager.

[quote name='thepik241']Are there any Fry's in NC?

If I print out this ad can I price match it to say a Wal-Mart?

Do you think that will work?[/quote]

No, you have to have the actual ad. I called and confirmed at 3 stores.

Wow, awesome deal. Hope it's available in San diego too. Every time I want to use my gamestop or gamecrazy credit to buy something, I see one of these great deals and end up paying less. Don't know how I'm going to ever use the credit.

If there is anyone near a Fry's (none in my area, booooooo!) who want a copy of 360 Orange Box (mint and complete, barely played because it makes me sick to play it), I'd gladly do a trade for a 360 Assassin's Creed for OB.

Yeah it's a long shot, but worth a try.

[quote name='kobeisgod']Wow, awesome deal. Hope it's available in San diego too. Every time I want to use my gamestop or gamecrazy credit to buy something, I see one of these great deals and end up paying less. Don't know how I'm going to ever use the credit.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling and finally Rock Band came around and there went my Gamestop credit!

I'm heading off to pick up a copy of the ad for pricematching because I'm 100% positive they're gonna sell out of copies fast at Frys.

if fry's runs out of copies, you can get a rain check that lasts for 30 days and that allows you to buy a copy at the sale price even after the sale has ended at fry's.

I know this is a longshot but...

Is it possible for one of you to purchase an extra copy of AC for 39.99 and then send it to me ?

I know that I'm new here but I think some getting to know eachother VIA Aim might help ?

Here just message me on AIM, I'd be extremely grateful and I'd send 45$ back your way for sending it to me.

AIM - Maple Wax

[quote name='kofijamal']If there is anyone near a Fry's (none in my area, booooooo!) who want a copy of 360 Orange Box (mint and complete, barely played because it makes me sick to play it), I'd gladly do a trade for a 360 Assassin's Creed for OB.

Yeah it's a long shot, but worth a try.[/quote]

How does it make you sick to play HL 2 through episode 2 and Team Fortress?

The only problem with this deal (for me at least) is that I've never been able to leave Fry's without spending at least 100 bucks. Fry's is by far the biggest and best B&M electronics store, it makes a Best Buy store seem like a little mom and pop shop by comparison.

[quote name='roymustang']The only problem with this deal (for me at least) is that I've never been able to leave Fry's without spending at least 100 bucks. Fry's is by far the biggest and best B&M electronics store, it makes a Best Buy store seem like a little mom and pop shop by comparison.[/quote]

thats why they put the games on sale like this, so people like you will come and get all the other things they want at normal price.

[quote name='panasonic']thats why they put the games on sale like this, so people like you will come and get all the other things they want at normal price.[/quote]
Oh no not at full price, they have tons of clearance stuff they don't advertise, especially in the game department. Games and accessories with 75% off or more are not an uncommon sight at Fry's.

Mario Galaxy is $49.99 here in the Dallas Newspaper

[quote name='fidodido']Ok, let me try and answer a bunch of posts at once:

Re: Super Mario Galaxy @ $39.99 in LA:

I'm willing to bet the $39.99 Super Mario Galaxy is a misprint in the LA papers. Why? Because of the "Everyday Low Price" logo next to the price. That's NOT the everyday (MSRP) price. Plus every other location has it listed as $49.99. This is a great ad to use for pricematching though.

Re: Avail. Thurs. by 6pm:

If Fry's lists Assassin's Creed as Available Thurs by 6PM, then that means they expect to receive their shipment Thursday afternoon. Even if Fry's were to receive the game on Weds, there is NO GUARANTEE that the price will be $39.99 until Thursday. I'd expect that if you find a copy on Weds., it will ring up as $59.99.

Re: Non-local Pricematching:

Pulling off a Price Match without a LOCAL ad requires a LOT of luck. First, most stores will only accept ORIGINAL ads. If you download an ad and print it, you've already cut your chance to 50%. If the store you are going to is not within a 30 minute drive of a Fry's, then I'd put your odds at about 10%.

Now, there are a lot of "non-savvy" clerks out there, especially in some of the less populated areas of the country. And there's definitely some art in guessing which checkout clerks are familiar with pricematching, but not so clueless as to require checking with a manager.[/quote]

[quote name='kylerg']THey better have this available earlier than stated, or else I cannot jump in.[/quote]

The ad is only valid until the end of Tuesday, but states that AC will be available on Thursday. If this ad follows suit with how they usually do business in my experience, Fry's will still honor the sale price at release. But who knows? They could claim it was a misprint and charge full price for it like with the $340 PS3.

Any news if this is valid in Arizona as well? We usually get shafted on these deals just trying to find out if anyone has seen it in the AZ ad. Thanks.

if one were to go pricematch at another store, which place is for the most part reputed to be the nicest in dealing with pricematches? Walmart, BestBuy, or Circuit City? My gut tells me it would be Walmart, but honestly I don't shop there often so I don't know. I haven't had a problem with pricematches with bestbuy (only done one before), and have had 1 problem with CC (also only done one before).

[quote name='Sonics99']Any news if this is valid in Arizona as well? We usually get shafted on these deals just trying to find out if anyone has seen it in the AZ ad. Thanks.[/quote]

Yep. I picked up the paper this morning and the same ad is on the back of the business section. $39.99 for both versions.

[quote name='imascrub']if one were to go pricematch at another store, which place is for the most part reputed to be the nicest in dealing with pricematches? Walmart, BestBuy, or Circuit City? My gut tells me it would be Walmart, but honestly I don't shop there often so I don't know. I haven't had a problem with pricematches with bestbuy (only done one before), and have had 1 problem with CC (also only done one before).[/quote]

I don't think any one chain stands above the others in terms of PM courtesy, it depends more on the CSR who's doing the PM. The Best Buy closest to me is great with PMing, polite/eager staff with no PM problems at all. But the second closest Best Buy has a staff of jerks with a seemingly sexist supervisor. I'm sure this kind of variance happens everywhere there are chain stores.

[quote name='imascrub']if one were to go pricematch at another store, which place is for the most part reputed to be the nicest in dealing with pricematches? Walmart, BestBuy, or Circuit City? My gut tells me it would be Walmart, but honestly I don't shop there often so I don't know. I haven't had a problem with pricematches with bestbuy (only done one before), and have had 1 problem with CC (also only done one before).[/quote]

i always try CC unless i have best buy reward certs....cc gives you the competitor's price + 10% of the difference...

3 questions

1. Does anyone know if this is also for the Fry's in Illinois???

2. Can I print out the add for a fry's in another state and have it priced matched???

3. What is the best place to price match???

[quote name='"Malik112099"'] i always try CC unless i have best buy reward certs....cc gives you the competitor's price + 10% of the difference...[/quote]

hmm I was just about to ask that, since I just remembered I have a $5 reward zone certificate. Can I do pricematch and still use the RZ cert. on top of that?

The bestbuy pricematching is mildly retarded, since they do give 110% difference, just not up front if you tell them about it during purchase (they will only give 100%). The way to get the 110% difference is to purchase, then go back in and ask for pricematch/store price guarantee. I didn't know that the first time and walked away with some blurays pricematched to Fry's price. I told my friend about BB's policy and he told me he's done that before and just bought something, then walked right back in to pricematch it lol.

[quote name='imascrub']hmm I was just about to ask that, since I just remembered I have a $5 reward zone certificate. Can I do pricematch and still use the RZ cert. on top of that?[/QUOTE]
Yes. RZ certs are just like store credit/gift cards.

[quote name='o ManBearP1g o']3 questions

1. Does anyone know if this is also for the Fry's in Illinois???

2. Can I print out the add for a fry's in another state and have it priced matched???

3. What is the best place to price match???[/quote]

1. yes

2. i'm sure others have tried for other deals

3. circuit city?

hm so should i just pricematch while ringing up (100% of the diff) + the RZ cert? Or could I pull off buying full price one day, then going in another day and getting the 100% price match and then + the RZ cert?

Though it's only like a $2 diff I probably shouldn't even bother taking the time lol

[quote name='Furashu']just to confirm again... ill be ableo get this game on WED?[/QUOTE]
In store Thursday @ Frys just like the ad says. Although other retailers (BestBuy,CC) said they will have it wednesday.

WrestleCrap'sRD;3567429 said:
Confirmed for Indy asw well. SMG is listed at $49.99 though.

RD

Hmm...that's good news and maybe if I'm super lucky they may actually have some of the PS3 version in stock Friday morning.

If not, does Fry's usually have a printed copy of the ad in their store that I might be able to grab and get pricematched elsewhere?

bread's done
Back