Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

[quote name='ryamkajr']
Note: although most of the ads are the same across stores, there are sometimes significant variances, so games may appear on sale at one store but not at others, so YMMV.[/QUOTE]

BTW, this is ESPECIALLY true of the Seattle ad. It's still the only city which receives a 4-page ad. Every other location has a 8-page Friday ad.

[quote name='wolve']Well I bought the game afterall (Penny Arcade post helped me decide). I pricematched the Fry's Electronics deal at the Best Buy in El Segundo, CA. It's a fairly new store and literally a couple blocks from the Fry's on the corner of Rosecrans & Sepulveda. I handed the sales clerk two printouts, one which was the entire Sunday ad on one page (from LA Times site), and the other was zoomed into the top portion (from pdf on OC Register site). She looked at both printouts briefly and issued the pricematch. :)

I originally had planned to go to the Best Buy in Hawthorne, which is also pretty close to the same Fry's store. I figured that one would be a good choice as well since I pricematched the CC MS Point deal at the same store a few months ago.[/quote]

I don't suppose you still have a copy of the printouts?

After reading reviews from gaming sites, I was going to pass on this deal, but after reading some gamer reviews, I decided it was worth a look at $40. I went to the Downers Grove (Chicago suburb) Fry's last night and they didn't have it on the shelf; I then went across the street to BB and price matched with no issue at all. So far, and I'm not very far into the game, I like what I see...the gameplay has been solid, the story has been interesting and the visuals are amazing.

[quote name='vuvu123']I don't suppose you still have a copy of the printouts?[/QUOTE]

I still have the high quality PDF of the entire ad from the OC Register site, grab it from the link below. I also included a zoomed in shot from the LA Times site. It's lower quality, but might help out since it has the LA Times logo on the top. Good luck!

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/24046/Frys-20071111-zip.html

Looks like the OC Register still has the high quality PDF on their site.
http://ads.ocregister.com/interactive-ads/ocr/images/pdf/0008486950-01.pdf

I tried to pricematch at a Portland-area Circuit City. I did not have the ad but had a printout. They called Frys and the employee there told the CC guy that they were selling Assassin's Creed for $59.99.

I just laughed and left.

Found the ad this morning, though, and going back to actually get it for $40.

I called Fry's this morning and they didn't know when they were getting the game in. So I said screw it and called Walmart and they had it. Brought the ad I cut out from the Sunday paper, just in case Fry's let me down, and got both Assassin's Creed and Crysis for $39.99 each. I was afraid the CSR was going to call Fry's, but he didn't. :applause: for Walmart.

I got a PM a few days ago.

I just walk up and tell them "Frys has this...." and they usually don't even look it up.

I think they are use to me :p

Price confirmed in San Diego however i price matched @ best buy yesterday and got it a day before the actual release. Bestbuy cashier called Fry's and was left on hold 4 ever (love frys employees) and she got tired of waiting so she just gave me the price match with printed ad of local newspaper. Score one for Bestbuy lol....

Does anyone have a scan in a lower resolution? I'm at work and can't download scans that are 5MB. Thanks.
Also does anyone know if the $40 price will be in Sacramento?

For those in GA--had success price-matching at the Newnan, GA BB...Frys is about 1.5 hrs away from the Newnan BB--but had no problems.

[quote name='chrisc133']For those in GA--had success price-matching at the Newnan, GA BB...Frys is about 1.5 hrs away from the Newnan BB--but had no problems.[/quote]

did you use a print out or actual ad

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Indy Fry's is holding AC until 6pm.[/QUOTE]

All frys are holding it till 6pm tonight. And to top it off its a one day special. I've got a midterm at 5:30 and after i'm done i'm going to frys. And god help me if they dont have it i'm gonna scream bloody murder cause none of my local stores will pricematch frys.

[quote name='Nastrodamous']did you use a print out or actual ad[/QUOTE]

I used the actual ad. The guy's name at customer service is Jason...he was fine with the PM.

This is the first I've heard of Fry's holding a game until a certain time. Typically when they get it in they sell it. I guess they've decided to hold it and create a crowd of angry people that may or may not get the game. Enjoy! This is how the holiday shopping season will generally go from here.

Went into BB with color copy of Fry Ad and they had no problem PM it. Also used the $10 off for BUZZ! with 4/controllers for the kids, then made a quick stop over at EB to use the 20% cpn for Transformers (PS3) which is now 39.99, got it for $27.

total CAG savings=$43.00

luv this site, visit daily worth every minute.

I went to the Industry, CA Fry's and they said it "breaks out at 6:00PM".

Like hell I am going to wait until 6:00 pm for the game. The ad says 5:00 pm, I am definately going to make a fuss if its not out by then.

I decided to take my chances to do a PM at Best Buy today. Success! No need to go to Fry's today. :whistle2:D

Also, where is that $10 off Buzz Coupon?

[quote name='Nastrodamous']where did you get the ad from?[/quote]

Sunday newspaper. Back of the Sports Section.

If you want my copy, you are welcome to it. Just PM me.

Price match worked in Milpitas, CA. I walked in intending to get it price matched and they told me that they matching Fry's price before I even told 'em that I wanted a copy. A win there. I then had read on here that they were matching TRU gift card on Mario Galaxy. I had them ring up the Mario Galaxy first and received the gift card. I then had them ring up the Assassin's Creed and they matched it to Fry's. I also had a reward zone certificate for $20. I used the Gift Card and RZ certicate on Assassin's Creed. I walked out of BB with Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed for $53.xx out of pocket!!

Thanks OP and CAG!

Went to best buy last night in Alpharetta, GA and I got it price matched no problem. The CSR chick even wanted to hold on to the ad because someone at the store was looking for it, since it was a better price then their employee discount.

Thanks a lot guys, totally great price.

[quote name='grimlock49']Price match worked in Milpitas, CA. I walked in intending to get it price matched and they told me that they matching Fry's price before I even told 'em that I wanted a copy. A win there. I then had read on here that they were matching TRU gift card on Mario Galaxy. I had them ring up the Mario Galaxy first and received the gift card. I then had them ring up the Assassin's Creed and they matched it to Fry's. I also had a reward zone certificate for $20. I used the Gift Card and RZ certicate on Assassin's Creed. I walked out of BB with Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed for $53.xx out of pocket!!

Thanks OP and CAG![/QUOTE]

Looks like i know where i'll be going. How many copies of AC did they have?

[quote name='grimlock49']Price match worked in Milpitas, CA. I walked in intending to get it price matched and they told me that they matching Fry's price before I even told 'em that I wanted a copy. A win there. I then had read on here that they were matching TRU gift card on Mario Galaxy. I had them ring up the Mario Galaxy first and received the gift card. I then had them ring up the Assassin's Creed and they matched it to Fry's. I also had a reward zone certificate for $20. I used the Gift Card and RZ certicate on Assassin's Creed. I walked out of BB with Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed for $53.xx out of pocket!!

Thanks OP and CAG![/quote]

Same story for me. Except i don't have any reward zone certificate to use :D

I have no copies of the Fry's ad (AZ) but is there an SKU# anybody has been able to snag for the Assassin's Creed deal? It looks like this one is going nationwide too... smart business move.

Just did it there today with an actual ad. No problems at all. Zero copies on the shelf, but they are available at the register checkout. You have to ask. Looked like around 20 copies left at 10:30am this morning.

[quote name='rogre78']I brought the printout of the ad to the Bellevue, WA BB yesterday and it went very smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Also did this at Milpitas Best Buy, think i got the last PS3 copy though.

Stopped by Fry's in Palo Alto, CA and they didn't have them out.

I ended up going to Best Buy in East Palo Alto with the printed LA Frys ad. The cashier girl was really nice and said, "yes, of course we pricematch Frys". At that point, I was like... score... i have a $10 RZC too. However, she called for a manager override and that's when the deal went sour.

She told me they aren't pricematching until 6PM, when Frys sells their copies. I thought that was ridiculous and left with no fuss. That manager's turned me down numerous times for deals I find here. I tried to scope out the store before going up to the cashier but I didn't see her.

I pretty much gave up at that point because there is no Frys closer to San Francisco, and I leave work around 4PM. I doubt stores in SF actually pricematch Frys stores.

While I pulled out of my space, I realized that I forgot there's a Circuit City two stores down! Went in there, customer service called Fry's, confirmed the price and sold it to me. Sweet deal

[quote name='az0madman']Anyone have a AZ Republic ad scan for this? Or would you think any scan would work?[/quote]

Had printout of AD from this site in black/white PM'd at BBY in Arizona at the Surprise store with no problem even though the ad showed the LA area they never looked at that.. Went to the cutomer assistance area. Game was put away and I had to ask for it. She already new about the Frys price and gave it to me with no hassle. Also used a $20 Reward Zone coupon I had. Great deal. Thanks OP for the heads up on the offer.

Just came back from BB in Phoenix, AZ (Thunderbird). No ad, but they knew about the price match more so then the Mario one. Didn't have to call or anything. Had to wait a bit, but other then that, Assassin's Creed PM worked!

Hate to be a bother, but I'm in between finishing an essay and f5'ing this thread, could you link to the AZ Republic ad copy? I'll be checking the Tempe area, notably the one at Marketplace. Hopefully one or the other works.

Damn, that sounds like an amazing deal! Congrats on the lucky day :cool:

Another confirmation for the Milpitas, CA Best Buy. They did both the Fry's $40 Assassin's Creed PM and the Super Mario Galaxy w/ $25 GC PM. :)

[quote name='gsr']plano, tx fry's sold out within 1/2 hour[/quote]

LOL thats because they get like 3 copies

I have never bought a game a Frys because they are always sold out, because they are pretty sucky over all. However I do love there deals and use them to price match every chance I get .

Went to circuit city (sorry) over here on san felipe in houston and they price matched fry's for assassin's creed. The best part is, they priced matched wrong and gave me assassins creed for $31.12!(that is including tax) I could not believe it :D

Also picked up super mario galaxy at fry's for $50 while i was there the other day.

I was at the Fountain Valley store earlier. I didn't even know they were doing a 5:00pm release when I got there at 4:45. Everyone was lining up and and they split the line by system. Most people there were getting the PS3 version. I jumped into the 360 line was 3rd in line. They handed out the copies and they were "sold out" within 10 minutes. I don't think they sold out but I believe they are hiding them in the back until they can jack up the price. I would consider this a huge release and for them to only have 20 copies for each system is a joke. I guess the only thing people can do is PM now.

[quote name='az0madman']Just came back from BB in Phoenix, AZ (Thunderbird). No ad, but they knew about the price match more so then the Mario one. Didn't have to call or anything. Had to wait a bit, but other then that, Assassin's Creed PM worked![/quote]

What? I just called the Chandler Best Buy and they said I need to bring in the ad to price match..
And i can't find my copy of it anymore.. :(

I was pretty much told by one of the workers at fry's different things each time I was there. First they told me that I didn't need to get a rain check, then they said that I can't get a rain check until after 6pm. Then they told me that it was sold out and I couldn't get a rain check after 6pm. I'm really tired of their 'bait and switch' tactics and will probably not shop there unless I have to.

The Palo Alto, CA Fry's still had copies for both systems at 6pm. There was a small line of people by the time they handed them out. Was nice to finally get the game after the runaround with the (no-not-really) pricematch hell that BestBuy was pulling.

I calles yesterday and was told they only received 12 copies 6 PS3 & 6 Xbox 360.

I went around lunch I saw at least 10 people waiting for it alerady, all of them where told to comeback at 6:00 or to go to the BestBuy next door, I did and the bastards told me that no proce match but until 6 and that they will be calling the Frys and that they will be honoring the offer as long as they have stock.

So I call bullshit in them both print the ad from the Dallas Morning News and went to the Walmart Next Door I got it with no problem from their Electronicx department no calls no bull, all they want is a printed add for proof.

bread's done
Back