FS:Trade Station Updates: ALL locations LIST + Dedicated Trade website.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
As I picked up my 360 at FS this morning, I noticed this on the EMPLOYEE GETAWAY...the video game trading program is coming 09/15 IT'S A NATION-WIDE ROLLOUT!

you get credit on a card..dunno if its TAX FREE like EB games....NOT!

Trade in Credit can be used on services AND ALL MERCHANDISE! Ipods...macs...ps3...whatever!

FS's formula for trade value:

USED price:
Divided by 2
Minus 10%
=Trade value!!!!

Example:
Mario Galaxy USED 39.99
Divided by 2 =$20!
Minus 10%
Final Value=$18

This is the formula for ALL GAMES! It can be mario galaxy and trade in at the same price as Horsez 3

All Gamecube and XBOX GAMES ARE EXCLUDED!!!

All SPORTS games MUST BE THIS year's OR LAST year's versions.
NO 07 & Prior games accepted!

List of participating locations:

2929976876_2156743691_o.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/usedgames/

Last edited by a moderator:
We can see here the advantage of FS: trade "crappy" games.

EB will give high TIV for "hot" games that you might not want to trade in anyway (can easily sell it on the used market either on the forum, ebay or another place).

FS, since they will sell games at high price for sure, will give 22,80$ for Mass Effect while EB gives 2$ (example).

Also, 18$ for Pirates of the Carribean is really high.

It is a shame that FS has such a crappy process, but considering their information system in stores, no surprise at all (example: how they cannot have an automated function to calculate price match - 10%? seeing employees doing calculations on cell phones is so awful and so "risky" for price mistakes).

[quote name='lisdoncca']We can see here the advantage of FS: trade "crappy" games.

EB will give high TIV for "hot" games that you might not want to trade in anyway (can easily sell it on the used market either on the forum, ebay or another place).

FS, since they will sell games at high price for sure, will give 22,80$ for Mass Effect while EB gives 2$ (example).

Also, 18$ for Pirates of the Carribean is really high.

It is a shame that FS has such a crappy process, but considering their information system in stores, no surprise at all (example: how they cannot have an automated function to calculate price match - 10%? seeing employees doing calculations on cell phones is so awful and so "risky" for price mistakes).[/quote]

There's going to a manager's Vendor Fair (which means game management get to go to this giant ass meeting in some lake in Vancouver, a glorified vacation mind you) where they're going to announce some new positions in my department; head gamer (so embarrassing :D), essentially this guy'll be in charge of the trade-ins and such. This guy's going to be chosen solely because he is the top nerd in the department and knows games :D:D:D so you guys should be some better used games service soon... don't screw up FS... :(

I think it's fumbling now 'cause we have so many incompetent employees in the Ent department nationwide i.e 98% of Entertainment Supervisors are NOT gamers, movie buffs, music lovers or computer nerds, just retail dregs that get promoted (Ent Sup is a step towards sales manager and higher supervisor jobs). You'd think in a city like Toronto Entertainment Supervisors would know a little bit about what their employees are selling, but they know NOTHING.

You'll notice when you ask a Ent Supervisor about ANYTHING they'll just forward you to his nearest wage-slave.

Uh oh just had a little rant whoops :D.

Still no word for GTA trade ins.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Another question will be if they will accept something that's not in their system.[/quote]

With the way FS has been dropping the ball with my department I wouldn't be surprised if they were missing a lot of games in the system.

[quote name='kathos']With the way FS has been dropping the ball with my department I wouldn't be surprised if they were missing a lot of games in the system.[/quote]

Theres a Ton of games they refused to accept...Guitar hero DS, Boogie, Final Fantasy, ....ETC

Entertainment departments at Future Shops are a mess right now. We still need a huge overhaul even after the redesigns.

[quote name='lisdoncca']FS, since they will sell games at high price for sure, will give 22,80$ for Mass Effect while EB gives 2$ (example).[/quote]

FS just dropped retail on ME down to $35 :(

Future Shop in Fredericton, NB is doing it. Here's a couple of values:

PS3 Transformers $8.40
360 99 NIghts $6
Wii Trauma Center 2nd Opinion $18
Wii Call of Duty 3 $22
Wii Fifa 08 $13.20

Also, I saw them trying to use something called the Games Trade-in POrtal in the store to check the values. When I asked, they said it might be something customers can use to check out trade values themselves, possibly even from home. He wasn't too sure about the from home part, but if so, whew! What a nice change that would be.

Just traded a couple of things at Future Shop in Vancouver (West Broadway and Pine).

XBOX360 Guitar Hero III $22.80
PS3 Motorstorm $22.80 :shock:

oh my god
these values are madness!
also, they're sparta.
also, singularity did that GH3 for 360 have the guitar or just the game? (please say just the game!)

[quote name='Arcturian']oh my god
these values are madness!
also, they're sparta.
also, singularity did that GH3 for 360 have the guitar or just the game? (please say just the game!)[/quote]

It was for just the game.

How the frick is calll of duty 3 MORE than Mario GALAXY + SMASH!!!?!??!?!??!?

FS is sooo messed up....oh well more power to the players!

It's on at the Brampton location on Bovaird (Trinity Commons). It's kind of hard to locate...it's one aisle right of the PS3 games aisle. Small selection of used games that don't even appear to be used, and they have two registers set-up for trades. Didn't trade anything in, but some guy traded in Army of Two for $18.

[quote name='Singularity']PS3 Motorstorm $22.80 :shock:[/quote]

Motorstorm is only $30 new. That formula of 60% of the used value cost doesn't work for this and COD3 also mentioned in this thread.

[quote name='squeeky']Motorstorm is only $30 new. That formula of 60% of the used value cost doesn't work for this and COD3 also mentioned in this thread.[/quote]

I can't find CoD3 on FS's website, and maybe the non-GH Motorstorm scans at a different price.

[quote name='AgtGibb']They would not take back Max Payne or Ratchet & Clank Going Commando.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure they're only taking trades on current gen stuff

[quote name='greywolf501']Forza 2 is $13.20 and Virtua Fighter 5(360) is $22.80[/quote]
VF5 is worth $22.50???

Okay, I tried it today on some of the games that EB only gves 2-5 dollars for. I traded in...

360 Stranglehold: 13.20
360 Project Sylpheed: 8.40
360 Condemned: 6.00
360 Forza: 13.20
PS3 Dark Sector: 13.20

360 Splinter Cell was $3 something, kept that though. Also, they didn't have Infinite Undiscovery in their system. All told, some really good trade in values: I ended up getting more in credit than I spent on the games combined.

The only weird thing was that their system seemed to have 2 sets of TIVs: when they searched for the values of the games a higher number was displayed, but when they went to transfer money onto the card, lower TIVs popped up (ie. only $3 for Stranglehold). They changed them back up for me, but still, something to keep an eye on.

you know that age old joke? How many people does it take to change a light bulb? They need to make a new one: How many people does it take to trade in a game at Future Shop? Noone knows how to do it...person A to person B to Person C....it was the same for both times I was there tooo!

Well I've traded in at various Future Shops three different times now, and I gotta say the service sucks. The only positive thing it has going for it is the higher than normal TIV for some older, crappier titles.

The negative things are numerous. At both Future Shops that I have gone to, no one knew what they were doing. One employee first told me I could only trade in 3 games at a time maximum (which is false, the limit is 3 copies of one particular title, ie. only 3 copies of Halo 3 at one time, etc. Not a limit of 3 games at once total.) Then he told he had to process each game one at a time, which is also false. The whole process for just 3 games took 15 minutes.

Another huge negative for me is how they handle the store credit you accrue. Unlike EB, where you can keep building up a credit on a single Edge card, at Future Shop you have to take a new "Store Credit" card each time you trade in some games. Furthermore, these cards cannot be combined onto a single card. The reason for this is that they are not considered gift cards, they specifically say on the card "store credit". I've had two different stores attempt to combine my three separate store credit cards onto a single card, but their terminals would not allow them to do so.

I don't think EB has anything to worry about until/if Future Shop addresses these issues.

I think if that's the case I'm gonna enjoy purchasing a big item and when asked "how I'll be paying for this" just putting a big stack of "store credit" cards on the counter

Aha, but that's the other problem. I was informed you can only use three "store credit" cards in a single transaction.

Anyone know if these 'store credit' cards have to be used at the store you traded in the games, or if they can be used at any FutureShop?

I have a bunch of games I want to trade in, but the FutureShop closest to me doesn't have their system up yet, and I'd have to go to the Broadway one which is a lot further. I don't want to take the games into that one if I can only use the credit at that specific store.

What futureshops in Toronto are doing this?

Gonna see if they give me more than 7 for Medal of Honor, Two Worlds, and 12 for Turning Point.

[quote name='tymcg']I think if that's the case I'm gonna enjoy purchasing a big item and when asked "how I'll be paying for this" just putting a big stack of "store credit" cards on the counter[/QUOTE]

The Futureshop POS system has a technical limitation where it can only handle three forms of payment per transaction. This is a hassle for me because every month I buy 5 gift cards. One time I bought a chest freezer with nothing but $25 gift cards. Every time I want to buy something big, I have to wait while they combine the cards into one.

Best Buy is the same way.

That said, it would be interesting to see what they do when someone tries to use more than three of these "non combinable" cards. Like I said, it is a technical limitation and not a store policy, so there is no publicly stated rule against it.

They CAN combine cards... some employees just don't know how. Worst case scenario, they have to put the credit on a purchase (with 3 cards), then refund the purchase onto 1 card... rinse, repeat.

[quote name='Lockescythe']anyone know if missisauga stores do trade ins yet?

Might make the trip.[/quote]
I was at the heartland location and they were selling used games so i guess they do.

No stores in Winnipeg are doing it thanks to that by-law. I've been told unless the government does something to change it, it simply will not happen here. I'm rather curious to know how this is affecting blockbuster. I can only assume they have probably stopped taking trades as well.

[quote name='imcrazy']No stores in Winnipeg are doing it thanks to that by-law. I've been told unless the government does something to change it, it simply will not happen here. I'm rather curious to know how this is affecting blockbuster. I can only assume they have probably stopped taking trades as well.[/quote]

Call up a BBV and report back!

bread's done
Back