FS:Trade Station Updates: ALL locations LIST + Dedicated Trade website.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
As I picked up my 360 at FS this morning, I noticed this on the EMPLOYEE GETAWAY...the video game trading program is coming 09/15 IT'S A NATION-WIDE ROLLOUT!

you get credit on a card..dunno if its TAX FREE like EB games....NOT!

Trade in Credit can be used on services AND ALL MERCHANDISE! Ipods...macs...ps3...whatever!

FS's formula for trade value:

USED price:
Divided by 2
Minus 10%
=Trade value!!!!

Example:
Mario Galaxy USED 39.99
Divided by 2 =$20!
Minus 10%
Final Value=$18

This is the formula for ALL GAMES! It can be mario galaxy and trade in at the same price as Horsez 3

All Gamecube and XBOX GAMES ARE EXCLUDED!!!

All SPORTS games MUST BE THIS year's OR LAST year's versions.
NO 07 & Prior games accepted!

List of participating locations:

2929976876_2156743691_o.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/usedgames/

Last edited by a moderator:
What left me a bit puzzled is that they didn't ask me too many questions and it went rather quickly, but the lady that was interviewing me was continually interrupted by other employees about where to keep the rest of the applicants and other stuff (they didn't want them in their lunch room haha).

I wore basically a suit without the jacket, and I did wear a tie, and so did most of the other applicants at the job fair. I was asked the basics like "Why did you choose Best Buy" (I knew this was coming, but I just couldn't think of the right way to answer it, I always complicate the simplest things sometimes), hours of availability, what do I do in my free time (have no idea why they asked me that), "If ten people walk in your section, how many should be making a purchase?"

She never asked me the other questions I heard the other lady asking, like describing responsibilities at previous job(s) and if/how you dealt with problem customers.

My interviewer told me that the position I applied for was seasonal although the job description never indicated that, which I told her (but explained I'd be happy to work seasonal since I need a friggin' job right now, no matter what the case, except I omitted that last part ;)). She explained that if I performed well enough, my supervisor(s) would have the choice of keeping me on instead of letting me go. After it was done, she said she would pass on my info to the hiring manager (I actually forgot who she mentioned) and if they liked what they saw, I would be contacted this coming week. I pretty much made myself available all seven days minus some time for personal things.

You can also thumb through this thread: http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Best-Buy/get-job-at-Best-Buy/t12256

That's what I read to give me an idea of what to expect.

Back to the whole used games at Futureshop thing. Has anyone's store been restocked with used games since they started taking trade-ins? Based on alot of the TIVs listed on TIVS.ca there are a ton of really good games that will be sold for $5-10, but I haven't seen any new games added to my store's shelves at all. I have all this credit from trading in games and would like to buy something other than Disney Meteos, Halo 3 and Guitar Hero.

[quote name='greywolf501']Back to the whole used games at Futureshop thing. Has anyone's store been restocked with used games since they started taking trade-ins? Based on alot of the TIVs listed on TIVS.ca there are a ton of really good games that will be sold for $5-10, but I haven't seen any new games added to my store's shelves at all. I have all this credit from trading in games and would like to buy something other than Disney Meteos, Halo 3 and Guitar Hero.[/quote]

You don't have to buy just games from FS...

HUGE TIV drops at FS. Not sure when it was done but a tonne of the values have dropped significantly.

The ones I can confirm are:

Rock Band (360) $8.40 FROM $22.60
Frontlines (360) $8.40 FROM $22.60
Assassin's Creed (360) $8.40 FROM $22.60

more to follow...

I saw at FS Assassin's Creed PS3 for 24$ bucks used (more or less), it makes sense that they finally dropped the TIV for it.

Also makes sense for Rock Band 1, considering people will want Rock Band 2.

[quote name='neksus']You don't have to buy just games from FS...[/quote]
I already bought a TV and new computer this year so I don't really have anything else to buy there, I find movies a waste to buy anymore as you only watch them a couple times then they sit on your shelf for years until the format is dead and you give them away.

Is the trade 2 get $20 off Gears 2 still on? I can't seem to find it on the website or the flyer.. maybe these promos only run for the week that the flyer is valid?

[quote name='TripleQ']Is the trade 2 get $20 off Gears 2 still on? I can't seem to find it on the website or the flyer.. maybe these promos only run for the week that the flyer is valid?[/quote]
The only one it's valid for right now is WoW: Lich King, trade 2 get 40% off. They should offer the promo for longer than just one week if they actually want to get alot of trades, and also open it up for more titles.

bread's done
Back