Fun/Easy game for a girl whose bad at video games.

karyadi

CAGiversary!
Okay so my best friend hasn't owned any video games till last year I presume?

She hates my games because she doesn't like any of the games I have plus she doesn't enjoy playing them. She says even the RPGs are hard. She seems to be bad at Real-time RPG even though for me it's not that bad because your party can carry you and she doesn't read the tutorials or processes for most of the other games. Shooters, she gets sniped prettyy.. frequently but it's cute.

I would like to get a game that seems to be fun for the both of us. I own a 360 and I'm trying to avoid Wii games but I don't mind them as well. Not looking to go out of my way here but she does come over every weekend.
I was thinking of Dance Central but the price range is kinda high, and does anyone still play Animal Crossing? Any other game of the sort?

I would suggest any of the Lego games like Batman or Star Wars. They're a ton of fun and have drop in/drop out co-op. Plus you can get them for like $7-10 each nowadays.

My gf enjoys these a bunch.

Easy. Easy Question.

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Chicks LOVE this game. You can play with her. It's an open ended game meaning you can't lose! (She wont get frustrated)

[quote name='Lugi']Easy. Easy Question.

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Chicks LOVE this game. You can play with her. It's an open ended game meaning you can't lose! (She wont get frustrated)[/QUOTE]

Another vote for this. The Viva, yet so simple, make them great.

As mentioned above, I would go with the LEGO games! I now like the shooters/etc, but I am FAST hooked on the LEGO games (and being able to die a hundred times over with no effects minus loss of money is good, too! ;) ) ... particularly if yuo can play coop with her! :)

I got confused by Viva Pinata (I own both, but haven't been able to play them, lol!).

A lot of the Popcap arcade games are great! Plants v Zombies, Peggle, Bejewelled, etc.

Puzzlequest. If she like likes that type of thing!

Also, if she likes puzzles, Portal 2 is really fun!! :) (although it can get hard/frustrating, so you may want to wait on this) or get Portal 1 on the arcade for her?

I am really excited about playing DeBlob 2 but haven't tried it yet to give an actual recommendation, yet.

First video game I played on the Xbox 360 was actually the original Fable (yeah, the original xbox version, lol) ! :x ... but it actually helped me develop a preference for RPG's/shooters because there are a lot of fun elements in it! :)

Any of the card games, if she likes those! Uno is fun! Hearts, spades ... if she can understand complicated, go with Magic! (but this can be really confusing, so it might be easier to start easier!) ;)

If you want to try her on an RPG shooter, Borderlands is really fun and she can have good teammates to help her out, etc. Halo is a good shooter for girls, and I've seen a number of (good) women who play that!

Another good RPG is Fallout 3 (I haven't tried vegas and can't give an opinion). You can take turns playing that, if she wants to try it.

Back to arcade: Lode Runner (hard, but fun!), Galaga, Castle Crashers, Braid, Ilo Milo, are all fun.

If she's ever played any form of tower defense, Trenches, on LIVE is a really fun/easy to grasp game, too! :)

Anyhow, hope you find some stuff she can get into, but if she plays on LIVE, and hasn't done it before, keep her in a party with friends, particularly in shooter games, etc, because a lot of guys on LIVE can be a'holes to girls who game (or overly 'attentive', lol!). :)

Good luck! :)

(just read that she doesn't like shooters 'cause she gets sniped! Try her on trenches! That combines tower defense and shooting! It's pretty easy, etc. :)

In my personal experience, these are the games I've had the most success getting my girlfriend (who is AWFUL at games) to play:

:360: Xbox 360
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Any of the LEGO games
  • Any fighting game (although she'll only play as the girls and just mash buttons)
  • Borderlands (she hates shooters, but she finally learned how to control a FPS just to play this. I had to power level her a bit to keep her from dying too much)

:wii: Wii
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • A Boy and His Blob

[quote name='AngryDragon888']Plants vs. zombies - My wife has never played a 360 game , but she saw me playing this and was hooked on it for awhile.[/QUOTE]
Bought this for my gf on Steam, she loves it. She has over 100 hours on it now. Another one she loves is the Forza games and Worms series.

My girlfriend and I are playing Kirby's Epic Yarn co-op. Anything with Kirby in it is usually good for starters. Mario games too, of course. For the 360, I'm trying to think... Ilomilo is good, that's another co-op game on XBLA.

Any game with heavy romance storyline? She likes to romance some of the characters as well. She only liked THAT part of Dragon Age and maybe a few cut scenes here and there.

I'll check out the things you listed. Plants vs. Zombies is a great idea thanks. The Lego games I'll definitely check out too. I'll check out most of them. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Can't find Ilo Milo on google. I'm assuming xbox live arcade?

I came back to vote for Plants vs Zombies

and to suggest Miner Dig Deep on Indie Games.

its one dollar and its a gateway drug. Another open ended cant lose games.

Thanks she'll be coming over soon. I got all the trial games of most of these and I'll be getting a microsoft points card in 3-4 days.

I will throw in a second for the lego games and a vote for Halo. Although I have always been an avid gamer, I mostly stuck to RPG's and platformers until I discovered Halo. I HATED shooters (READ: I sucked at them and always died first) until I started playing Halo with another female friend. I've been hooked on the genre ever since.

A fun (and free!) side-scroller shooter is Aegis Wing, it has support for up to four player co-op play and it's pretty easy to get the hang of quickly. I dunno if she likes that sort of thing, but it's worth a try. I also managed to get my mom hooked on Braid (this is a woman who would much rather just watch TV or play cards than video games), although if your friend is kind of bad at puzzle games she might not want to play through the whole game. Still, my mom was having more fun with the rewinding time and falling off of platforms than the actual game progression, so it's good for some laughs. :) It all depends on your friend, I guess. Or maybe just wait till Minecraft comes out on XBLA... :3

fable 2/fable 3
saints row 2 is just mindless fun and is very easy too get into, though she may have a hard ttime finishing it
kameo is a good one for beginners
portal 2 as well, its much easier then the first

Peggle, Peggle, Peggle. My 3 yr old cousin/niece could play it.

Might also want to try Sonic and Sega Racing or Cars 2. If you just want to have a shooting game, get one of the Cabela's games for the Wii and the Top Shot gun attachment (

Everyone here has pretty much already listed all the games I got my wife to play back when she loathed playing video games. She started playing the LEGO Games and gradually got up to Left 4 Dead and Portal, both of which she loves now. One of the best ploys I've found to get someone (especially girls) to start playing games is to already be playing it in front of them and then asking for their help on a particular section/puzzle in the game. My wife had no interest in Portal until I got to one part and asked her for help. She then proceeded to play the rest of the game and beat it for me. Hah.

Basically when you're looking for games for anyone that rarely plays games, find something where the person can't die and/or something co-operatively. The one thing you don't want to do is get something where you're playing against one another because you're surely to be better than the other person, which is quite discouraging to him/her. I think puzzle games like Portal or illomilo are good because they show that games aren't just mindless FPS. I've found that a lot of non-gamers have this perception that games are just Halo and Call of Duty. I've also found that a lot of girl non-gamers are that way because their husbands/boyfriends play so much Call of Duty that it turns them off to gaming in general.

XBLA is a great place to start since you can get demos for all the games and there's a lot of variety.

bread's done
Back