Funimation Amazon Blu-Ray sell till Jan 31st

[quote name='ArthurDayne']You goofed. They just lowered the prices back on this and Ergo Proxy to what they were before. See if you can cancel and reorder before it ships. Even if it is shipping soon you might be able to do it.

As for Black Lagoon, I am about 5 episodes into season 2 and I definitely think it is worth it. But I didn't pay for it, so ...?[/QUOTE]

I put in a cancellation request, but IDK if its going to go through or not. I used a gift card code on the order, that will be refunded correct?

[quote name='Refluxx']I put in a cancellation request, but IDK if its going to go through or not. I used a gift card code on the order, that will be refunded correct?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they should put it all back as it was

[quote name='Refluxx']I put in a cancellation request, but IDK if its going to go through or not. I used a gift card code on the order, that will be refunded correct?[/QUOTE]

As long as it wasn't promotional gift code you're fine.

They actually said that they couldn't cancel my order, so I went and had a live chat with their customer service. One of their representatives had the difference refunded to me in less than a minute! Great customer service!

Thanks for the heads up on the price coming back down btw. I would have never even noticed it! $4.50 saved BOOM!!!! xD

[quote name='Dragonsbane']So you are saying I should wait on Steins;Gate.....gotcha[/QUOTE]Depends on how bad you wanna see it. The CC will not be available any time soon.

Though I wouldn't spend more than $25 on each set.

[quote name='DNukem170']Depends on how bad you wanna see it. The CC will not be available any time soon.

Though I wouldn't spend more than $25 on each set.[/QUOTE]

Thats kinda my thing, not really looking to spend 60+ on the series, I think I will check them out on youtube as well.

Good news is Japanese Gurren Lagann Complete Blu Ray Box will include English sub. Bad news is that it cost over $700.

Kind of upset that a lot of series are only available in parts. Like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood has 2 different sets, why not just have it be in one?

Probably biting on Ergo Proxy, seen enough of it to warrant a purchase.

[quote name='KonohaShinobi']Kind of upset that a lot of series are only available in parts. Like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood has 2 different sets, why not just have it be in one?[/QUOTE]To maximize profit. A lot of people recently have started to forgo the "Part 1/2" sets and only pick up the combined season sets in order to save money and space. So FUNi releases the Collection sets so they can get the late adopters.

Brotherhood might get a complete set, if Soul Eater is anything to go by. Then again, the first anime never got a complete set with the movie and OAV Collection, so who knows.

I wonder what's going on with Sekirei. Went to order it and Amazon's pulled their copies off the list and it's now under review.

Hopefully they'll relist them before the sale ends.

[quote name='shrike4242']My order of Soul Eater shipped yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I wonder just how many copies they sold at that price since it still says it will take 10 - 13 days to ship.

The title of this thread says that the sale is til the 31st BUT THE GD SOULEATER WENT UP TO $49.86...you don't believe how devastating this is for me. Granted it wasn't the best anime but it was for that cheap price. I have went THROUGH hell just to get Amazon credits.....and when I GET THEM IT GOES UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='killa5k7']The title of this thread says that the sale is til the 31st BUT THE GD SOULEATER WENT UP TO $49.86...you don't believe how devastating this is for me. Granted it wasn't the best anime but it was for that cheap price. I have went THROUGH hell just to get Amazon credits.....and when I GET THEM IT GOES UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Looks like the majority of items that were on sale have gone up. Before it was just a few here and there, but mainly because it was going in and out of stock, but now a bulk of all the titles that are in stock have gone back up in price. It's probably not over for everything, but looks like a lot of them have indeed been taken off the list of stuff for sale.

I'm guessing it's safe to assume Evangelion will get some box set with all 4 movies and maybe some more special features and a nice box set. The only danger I worry about is that in the US, maybe there's not enough of a market to make a box set and then I'll be chasing out of print Blu Rays when they're perfectly cheap right now (well, 1.11 is /and/ it does have a bunch of special features).

I can't conceive of a way that I'll want to watch these before all 4 are released so they would just be taking up shelf space.

SI

Sure you can assume that, but who knows how far down the line that's going to be considering it's not even finished releasing theatrically yet, lol.

And if they do decide to do it you'll have to wait again until all four have been released, and then probably another year after that.

If you're going to be looking 3-5 years down the line then yes there is a possibility, but who knows what it's going to look like at that point.

I know, I know.

And the really stupid thing is that if 2.22 were closer to $10 instead of $20, I'd probably have already jumped and picked up both.

SI

I certainly wouldn't worry about them going out of print anytime soon though. In an Anncast interview with someone from Funimation, the guy said both Evangelion's were top sellers.

[quote name='sterlingice']I know, I know.

And the really stupid thing is that if 2.22 were closer to $10 instead of $20, I'd probably have already jumped and picked up both.

SI[/QUOTE]It isn't the same, but if you really, really wanna watch the first one, the 1.01 version is less than 5 bucks pretty much everywhere. Buy it, watch it, trade it for a Blu-ray at Best Buy.

[quote name='Squarehard']Sure you can assume that, but who knows how far down the line that's going to be considering it's not even finished releasing theatrically yet, lol.

And if they do decide to do it you'll have to wait again until all four have been released, and then probably another year after that.

If you're going to be looking 3-5 years down the line then yes there is a possibility, but who knows what it's going to look like at that point.[/QUOTE]

this but i am an evangelion nerd to the max. its one of the only movies that i watch at least once a year its become some sort of odd xmas tradition between me and my friend to clearly torture ourselves lol im not really sure how this started exactly. so naturally i bought these two day 1.

to add to it both evangelion blu rays are easily the most beautiful looking blu rays ive seen. sure you could get the dvd version cheaper but man that blu ray is beautiful.

though it really is hard to say if these will ever get packed together and for how much.

all that said come on 3.33

Is Okami-san and Her Seven Companions: Complete Collection (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo) for $36 a pretty good deal, or do you guys think it will drop lower? Looks like a pretty interesting anime that I wanted to check out.

[quote name='Refluxx']Is Okami-san and Her Seven Companions: Complete Collection (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo) for $36 a pretty good deal, or do you guys think it will drop lower? Looks like a pretty interesting anime that I wanted to check out.[/QUOTE]

I think it will drop a bit. I bought it at $33.24 from Amazon. It's not a hugely popular series, and it's not long.

[quote name='elessar123']I think it will drop a bit. I bought it at $33.24 from Amazon. It's not a hugely popular series, and it's not long.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the info! I was just getting curious to if the price was decent considering they only have 12 left in stock.

Still waiting on my Soul Eater. Ordered on the 1st.

"Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on January 01, 2013 (Order# xxx.xxx.xxxxxxx). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Micah Solusod, et al "Soul Eater - Complete Series [Blu-ray]"
New Delivery Estimate: January 25, 2013 - January 29, 2013"

ARRRRRGH!!!!

bread's done
Back