Futurama's back for 26 new eps.

Are they getting the same people onboard? It never occured to me that they might not. I hope a good network picks it up. Adult Swim and Fox are out. Possibly TBS or Comedy Central?

...and that's the story of how they brought back the show. It looks just like the one they threw out yesterday, and I found it in the same dumpster. But this one had a live raccoon inside.

Holy crap that is awesome and completely unexpected. One thing is for sure - everyone is going to complain no matter what that the new episodes suck compared to the old ones...

Great news for Futurama, lets hope its on a channel that will advertise it better. TBS, Comedy Central, and possibly the new CW (whatever UPN/WB merger into) would be fitting stations.

I wonder what the next show to be brought back from the dead will be.

[quote name='Weedy649']This makes me happy :)

First family guy and now futurama[/QUOTE]

Family Guy should have stayed dead IMO...the new episodes are getting pretty repetitive...Mostly all the episodes consist of is them saying "remember that time when I...(insert absurd thing here)" They flash back to the person do doing that thing and then continue with the episode for the next two minutes where the same thing happens.

[quote name='Douglas Brown']Are they getting the same people onboard? It never occured to me that they might not. I hope a good network picks it up. Adult Swim and Fox are out. Possibly TBS or Comedy Central?[/QUOTE]

Why are Adult Swim and Fox out of the picture? Oh and Woo Awesome news.

joke10.jpg

That's not true. That's impossible!

[quote name='Fire']Why are Adult Swim and Fox out of the picture? Oh and Woo Awesome news.[/quote]

Fox cancelled it. They lost their Futurama privileges! Adult Swim is on too late from the new episodes to gain the popularity to warrent even more episodes.

[quote name='Douglas Brown']Fox cancelled it. They lost their Futurama privileges! Adult Swim is on too late from the new episodes to gain the popularity to warrent even more episodes.[/QUOTE]
Fox cancelled Family Guy and they are showing it again....

Don't get too excited yet:

http://www.gotfuturama.con

Our friend Billy West has once again spilled the beans. According to a post he made on his message board, Futurama is going to be renewed for television with 26 episodes. No word as to what station it will be on, who will rejoin the cast, or whether it'll be two seasons that would consist of 13 episodes each or one HUGE season of 26 episodes. Please keep in mind though, all this information is still very unofficial. Nothing is down on paper. No contracts signed. Nada. NOTHING. But, it's still pretty awesome.
I'm this close to selling my show--''Billy Bastard--Amateur Human Being,'' And the other good news is that they're doing 26 new episodes of ''Futurama'' for TV and we're hammering out the deal now. The original plan was to have the DVD's first but that's no longer the case.I'm totaly jammed dude.

Greetings from the year 3000! It still sucks!

Billy

Update :
I'm getting different bits of info that say this news may not be the case.There IS something up Futurama project wise but but it might be the DVD's still.It's hard to keep up with things--but I'll try to do better.

Sorry,
Billy

So there you have it folks, the return of Futurama as a series may not be the case as of right now. In related news that backs up the idea of Futurama coming to DVD rather than TV, Bill Morrisson recently spoke to a fan about how the Futurama Movie script is almost finished at a convention in Germany. Woot.

[quote name='javeryh']Holy crap that is awesome and completely unexpected. One thing is for sure - everyone is going to complain no matter what that the new episodes suck compared to the old ones...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']Family Guy should have stayed dead IMO...the new episodes are getting pretty repetitive...Mostly all the episodes consist of is them saying "remember that time when I...(insert absurd thing here)" They flash back to the person do doing that thing and then continue with the episode for the next two minutes where the same thing happens.[/QUOTE]

Nothing against whoknows, but javeryh gets the point. I've been enjoying the new Family Guys simply for getting new Family Guys. Enjoy them for what they are and not how they compare to the old ones. There good and bad old ones too.

[quote name='whoknows']Family Guy should have stayed dead IMO...the new episodes are getting pretty repetitive...Mostly all the episodes consist of is them saying "remember that time when I...(insert absurd thing here)" They flash back to the person do doing that thing and then continue with the episode for the next two minutes where the same thing happens.[/QUOTE]

That's how all the old ones were, too. Those were the funniest parts!

Great news about Futurama though. I really hope it all works out.

[SIZE=-1]Sweet three toed sloth of ice planet Hoth!

Don't play with my emotions like that!! :cry:

I had once heard that they were looking into doing a straight to DVD movie a la Family Guy: The Stewie Griffin Story... wonder if that's still in the works?
[/SIZE]

I had such a high for about 49 seconds while this was all confimred and stuff. Now im back down to "inferior family guy gets the love, wheres my bender"

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart'][SIZE=-1]I had once heard that they were looking into doing a straight to DVD movie a la Family Guy: The Stewie Griffin Story... wonder if that's still in the works?
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
that dvd was released like 6 months ago. oh wait, you weren't in a coma were you?

[quote name='darkmere']that dvd was released like 6 months ago. oh wait, you weren't in a coma were you?[/QUOTE]
The OP is talking about Futurama doing a direct to dvd release a la (as in similar, doing the same thing, in the spirit of, etc.) as the Family Guy movie. The OP was not inquiring if the Family Guy movie was ever released.

[quote name='bobo2k4']It's about damn time.

I always thought Futurama was one of the funniest cartoons.[/quote]

Couldn't say better myself.

I'm this close to selling my show--''Billy Bastard--Amateur Human Being,'' And the other good news is that they're doing 26 new episodes of ''Futurama'' for TV and we're hammering out the deal now. The original plan was to have the DVD's first but that's no longer the case.I'm totaly jammed dude.

Greetings from the year 3000! It still sucks!

Billy

Update :
I'm getting different bits of info that say this news may not be the case.There IS something up Futurama project wise but but it might be the DVD's still.It's hard to keep up with things--but I'll try to do better.

Sorry,
Billy

I've never been so happy one second and so disappoited the next :fridge:

bread's done
Back