FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

[quote name='hurley7715']just got back from fye in oceanside , LI

eragon worked got 32.40 for it after buying it for 14.99 at eb used with coupon

they offered 26 cash, but i took the credit instead

does fye have an extended warranty for 360's??[/quote]

Were they running the brown bag though?

So i went to my FYE and offered these games.Take note this is before the bump.

Pokemon Emerald 8
Metroid Prime Hunters 8
Animal Crossing (DS) 16
Pokemon Colloseum 4
Megaman X Collection 8
Midnight Club (The first one, PS2) 2

They offered me 58.75.
However it seems with the extra 25 % bump it would be 66.70

Unfortunately, i left the ds carts for Metroid, and animal crossing at home.The wherehouse prices match up correctly.Im home right now, and they said they would wait for me to bring everything back to the store.

However this doesnt sound like they added the extra 25 % though.I did in fact say store credit.

Does anyone have a credible link, so that I could show them just in case they ask?

They didnt seem like they had advertisements for this, and it seemed like i was the only one who knew.

Not only that they seemed like they had brownbags behind the counter, do i need to literally bring a brown bag so the extra 25 % works, as people had said before?

I really need help, ASAP because my FYE closes in about 2 hours and 40 mins.

UPDATE

W/e no one has responded yet.Im going back now, you guys could tell me if i was ripped off later.

yes they were running the brown bag however theyd only take 2 copies of eragon, and to fill up that bag with the kind of stuff i have would be impossible

a ymmv thing, i went to fye in freeport and got 37.00!!! for eragon!

Well, I traded in a bunch of stuff (see the OP) and got about $600 after all the bumps. So, I picked up 2 DS lites to ebay and a XBL 4000 point card. Get this though, the DS Lites each had a $30 rebate on them (making them $109 after Rebate!) Just thought that I'd pass that along.

haha i hit up freeport, roosevelt field and oceanside today between me and my friend we traded in 7

sorry bout that man, any other games work for this deal?

[quote name='hurley7715']haha i hit up freeport, roosevelt field and oceanside today between me and my friend we traded in 7

sorry bout that man, any other games work for this deal?[/quote]

I think Blitz Overtime for PSP sells for $9.99 new at gamecrazy stores...trades for $16.00 pre bump.

I sure hope this works in San Antonio, I got a bunch of GBA games at the pawnshop that I need to get rid of. Guess I'll see tomorrow

[quote name='BearMan23']I sure hope this works in San Antonio, I got a bunch of GBA games at the pawnshop that I need to get rid of. Guess I'll see tomorrow[/quote]

Unless the games are complete in box, don't bother. FYE requires box and instrucitions...even on GBA.

[quote name='averageguy']So what games did you all trade in for the 600 in credit and what prices did you get[/quote]

The prices that I got before the bump are in the OP. I had multiple copies of a lot of those games plus I traded in a bunch of DVDs and box sets as well.

Well im glad the deal worked out great for me.
I went back to FYE and was able to get 73.75 for my games.
They did have a brownbag in the store, but it was behind the counter.

When i asked them to give me the extra 25% bump, the cashier told me i needed this brown bag, which she pointed at behind the counter.
I then told her, that since you have them behind the counter, how i was supposed the get the bump?

The cashier let it slip and gave me the extra 25%.While she was finding out more about the deal, she asked her co-workers if they knew anything about it.She even regarded the deal as "that stupid fucking thing that rips us off".

Guess not that many people, knew about it after all, at least in the store.There was no ads for it!

I then picked up syphon filter (psp) for 20 bucks.Also apparently, when they give you a gift card with the store credit, you cant put your own money in it.

I really enjoyed this, and thanks for all the info guys.

I cant wait for the live CAGcast tommorow night!

Does FYE accept used systems for trade in? Temped to trade in my old skool Mario Kart red DS.

BTW: If the bag states 20%. how are some of you getting 25% extra?

[quote name='hurley7715']do i have to fill up the brown bag to get the extra 20%, or can i just fill it half way?[/quote]
what do you mean half way?
just put the games in there, you dont have to fill it completely....
they should give you the 20% and extra 25.
You have to be firm about enforcing this though.

If they have brownbags behind the counter, you have to tell them them its not your fault you didnt get one in the store when you came in.

I dont think fye accepts used systems, but its worth a try.
you get the extra 25 % by choosing store credit, over cash.

[quote name='hurley7715']anyone know how the fye extended warranty on 360 is? does it cover red lights?[/quote]

Well, they should.
Its not a negligent act, its a technical one.
Go bring it and ask them

[quote name='LinkinPrime']BTW: If the bag states 20%. how are some of you getting 25% extra?[/quote]
Store policy is either trade in value for cash or 25% extra for credit. The bag then adds on either 20% for cash or 20+25 for credit.

I stopped at the FYE at Arbor Place Mall this afternoon. Yes, I went to the mall. I think this was the first time this year. Maybe second.

Anyway. They have the bags, but you have to ask for them. I had picked up Kengo and Outlaw Golf 2 to trade in, neither were accepted. Kengo is out of their system. The fella was nice, and said I could try OG2 in a couple weeks, as it's still in their system but that store currently has too many.

i could exploit this, just have to check if my store is running the sale. so far i m going to chuck:

Halo 2-$7
Halo-$5
Mario Party 5-$8
PoP Revalations-$4
Field Commander-$4
Red Steel-$21.75
Call Of Duty-$21.75
Bltiz The League-$5
GHTP Max'd-$7
FF III-$16
Eye Toy(Hardware)-$12
Total-$111.50!
+$52 in store credit if applies to my store.
+$22 in cash if it applies to my store.

if i get in store credit do i have to be like a subscriber to their club thing

[quote name='LilPaintballer']i could exploit this, just have to check if my store is running the sale. so far i m going to chuck:

Halo 2-$7
Halo-$5
Mario Party 5-$8
PoP Revalations-$4
Field Commander-$4
Red Steel-$21.75
Call Of Duty-$21.75
Bltiz The League-$5
GHTP Max'd-$7
FF III-$16
Eye Toy(Hardware)-$12
Total-$111.50!
+$52 in store credit if applies to my store.
+$22 in cash if it applies to my store.

if i get in store credit do i have to be like a subscriber to their club thing[/QUOTE]
you can easily get much more selling mario party else where

[quote name='62t']alright this is stupid, they said for me to get the bonus bag i had to buy something first.[/QUOTE]

Buy some candy, or a $1 blank cd pack. I never heard of this before though, sounds like something the store just made up.

Holly shit...I thought eb/gs was bad, FYE is pure shit.

I go in and there's a line of about 4 people, I wait...I'm next in line...the guy in front of me has problems with purchasing a ticket...there's two guys behind the counter, one calls another store to find out if they are having a problem selling tickets...the other douche just sits behind the counter and waits, this goes on for about 10min. Finally I'm next, they douche says "you selling stuff?", I said "yes", he then said, "let me help her first" (chick behind me), I didn't think too much of it, but then he went on to get the next person in line, then I told him, "so you're going to push me to the back of the line just because I'm not buying?", he said "yeah, were giving you money for your stuff, we need to take care of customers who pay us first"...I said "whatever asshole" and walked away.

Was there for 20-25min...waste of fucking time.

OP, please add these totals to the front page. Confirmed prices from my trip to FYE today.

These prices are AFTER 45% trade-in store credit bonuses...

*GAMES*

PS2 King of Fighters 2006 - 21.75
Wii Call of Duty 3 - 31.75

*DVDS*

24 (seasons 1-5) - 17.40 (times five)
The Shield fifth season - 17.40
Ultimate Matrix Collection HD-DVD - 34.80

LinkinPrime that just pisses me off to hear, whenever I go into FYE though its usually the same guy thats really nice so sorry to hear your story.

[quote name='nyprimus4']LinkinPrime that just pisses me off to hear, whenever I go into FYE though its usually the same guy thats really nice so sorry to hear your story.[/quote]

Yeah, I'll have to drive 30m to the next FYE...or try Gamecrazy or GS.

I've been trying to contact my stores about getting a couple prices before I start buying around.
Does anyone know what Urban Freestyle Soccer for Xbox is getting? Previously it was a ton and it's still listed in their system selling for $23. This may be a good one because EB/GS are loaded with this Blockbuster game.

[quote name='gotech']I've been trying to contact my stores about getting a couple prices before I start buying around.
Does anyone know what Urban Freestyle Soccer for Xbox is getting? Previously it was a ton and it's still listed in their system selling for $23. This may be a good one because EB/GS are loaded with this Blockbuster game.[/QUOTE]

It's not wherehouse.com anymore. Good luck selling that one in any case, I usually got the "we can't sell this because it says Blockbuster exclusive" on the case. Ask them to scan it, and they'll say they still can't take it.

I was in my local F.Y.E. today and did some trading. The clerk said that the 25% extra for store credit was actually just the normal price, and that if i wanted cash it would be 25% less. There was no manager around, so I'm going back tomorrow to see if that's the case. It sounds like total crap to me, as when I called earlier in the day, a different employee told me i would get an additional 25% for in store credit.

grr.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holly shit...I thought eb/gs was bad, FYE is pure shit.

I go in and there's a line of about 4 people, I wait...I'm next in line...the guy in front of me has problems with purchasing a ticket...there's two guys behind the counter, one calls another store to find out if they are having a problem selling tickets...the other douche just sits behind the counter and waits, this goes on for about 10min. Finally I'm next, they douche says "you selling stuff?", I said "yes", he then said, "let me help her first" (chick behind me), I didn't think too much of it, but then he went on to get the next person in line, then I told him, "so you're going to push me to the back of the line just because I'm not buying?", he said "yeah, were giving you money for your stuff, we need to take care of customers who pay us first"...I said "whatever asshole" and walked away.

Was there for 20-25min...waste of fucking time.[/QUOTE]

Send a complaint e-mail to here: [email protected]

Make sure to include your phone number and the store location.

Back when FYE was running that trade used games to get a new game deal, I sent a complaint e-mail about a policy of a store in my area and the general lack of customer service. This store had the absurd policy of only accepting trade-ins on weekdays from 4:30 PM to 6 PM. No other store in my area had this policy. I sent off a complaint e-mail thinking that nothing would come of it, but two days later, the store manager calls me and personally apologizes and practically begs me to return to the store and trade my games. Anyway, when I went back with my trades, the manager apologized to me a few more times, and he bent over backwards to make sure every crappy game I brought in qualified for the deal. I believe the store also changed the trade-in policy.

[quote name='emperorx']Send a complaint e-mail to here: [email protected]

Make sure to include your phone number and the store location.

Back when FYE was running that trade used games to get a new game deal, I sent a complaint e-mail about a policy of a store in my area and the general lack of customer service. This store had the absurd policy of only accepting trade-ins on weekdays from 4:30 PM to 6 PM. No other store in my area had this policy. I sent off a complaint e-mail thinking that nothing would come of it, but two days later, the store manager calls me and personally apologizes and practically begs me to return to the store and trade my games. Anyway, when I went back with my trades, the manager apologized to me a few more times, and he bent over backwards to make sure every crappy game I brought in qualified for the deal. I believe the store also changed the trade-in policy.[/quote]

Sounds good. I'll be definately doing that. Thanks.

i was thinking of trading in my seasons 1-5 of 24 but 17.40 after the 45% is terrible

on wherehouse.com each season of 24 is listed at 17 bucks per season, before any discounts

Which do you guys think is TYPICALLY better? EB/GS with their +20% trade-in towards a reservation or FYE and their +25% "brown bag" special? I have both movies and games (mostly Xbox and a couple Xbox 360).

Also, going a little off topic, but if I do the EB/GS trade in thing, do I get an additional 10% for being an Edge member? Thanks.

[quote name='dexman']Which do you guys think is TYPICALLY better? EB/GS with their +20% trade-in towards a reservation or FYE and their +25% "brown bag" special? I have both movies and games (mostly Xbox and a couple Xbox 360).

Also, going a little off topic, but if I do the EB/GS trade in thing, do I get an additional 10% for being an Edge member? Thanks.[/quote]

I'm just stabbing in the dark since you didn't specify games, but if it's mostly Xbox games, you'd probably laugh at the prices you'd get quoted at EB/GS...20% extra on a buck or two isn't exactly a bang-up deal.

Done and over. I went today and only got 8 dollars before trade bump. I also noticed that if you have a backstage pass card you should get a additional 10% on your trade in. I seen it in store mentioned it when i traded in and they said no it didnt work. I seen a sign by the register today and It said have 10% added to your trade in with the backstage pass card.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holly shit...I thought eb/gs was bad, FYE is pure shit.

Was there for 20-25min...waste of fucking time.[/quote]

Honestly, if you're that damned impatient, go to another FYE already. For all you know, the other guy could've been on break, as I know I walked around WalMart while I was on break or lunch from my stocking job there. Either way, some FYEs here have asked me to step aside if I had a bunch of games to trade so they could wait on the other people first. For me, it's no biggie, as I had nowhere to be at that moment in time. What did you have to do that was SO important that another 5 minutes would've killed ya to stand around?

And 62t, that'd be the day they tell me I gotta buy something to get the brown bag from them.

Oh and Gwen, they told me that when I kept trying to trade in MORE copies of Powerdrome Racing for PS2, which WAS worth about $14.25 at one point. When a store has too many copies, they may completely deny a trade of games they have too many of or they may take them in for MUCH less.

bread's done
Back