FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

[quote name='Ed_']Yep, they're somehwat rare, but I don't know who would want to buy a phat over a lite...unless of course they're collectors.;)[/quote]
Turns out they were empty boxes. :(

But I did score a brand new sealed Tenchu: Fatal Shadows for $13 after 30% off... took in a DDR Universe I paid $17 for, after 20% and 25% extra, and picking upa game cube disc holder, I still have over $18 in credit.

Stupid FYE...a very YMMV store (I knew that walking in thanks to Berzerker's post on the first page regarding how YMMV the store is). My last post...the damn store closest to me wouldn't take trades because they had too many to process.

So, today, I go to a different store (one that is 40 mins away by train...ugh) to trade in a few things. I put everything in the brown bag I asked that I wanted store credit. I asked "don't I get an extra 25% if I want store credit." The clerk asks the manager and the manager replied that the brown bag is 20% extra for cash only. So, according to the manger, I could only do one or the other.

I mention to the manager that the bag says NOTHING about 20% only for cash. The manger staunchly refuses to let the clerk give extra 25% saying I can only take one or the other...it doesn't stack and stores that do the 45% extra are doing it wrong. I have a big WTF look on my face at this point.

Since there are only two FYE's near me and both of them are kinda out of the way, I decided to tradethe games I had and trade in my DVDs at the other store next week. I have no clue if the other store is going to give me 45% and what not and I don't want to waste my time travelling to different stores.

Also...this FYE only gave me $10 (pre-bump, $12.50 after 25%) for Enchanted Arms for the PS3. WTF? I wonder if the UPC they had in there system only rang up for the Xbox360 version with the manga (that gets $10 on secondspin and wherehouse) Oh well. I'll ask the other store when I go next week to see how much they give EA for. If they give $26.50 for it...a big WTF to FYE.

Here are some trade-in credit I got today:
KOF2006 (PS2) - got $15 pre-bump, $18.75 after 25%
Trioncube (DS) - $8 pre-bump, $10 after 25%
Touch the Dead (DS) - not in their system.

If EA did truly drop to only $10 credit, KOF2006 is next thing I know of, guaranteed at this moment, that can net you a few extra dollars after trading since GS sells it for $14.99 new.

[quote name='guinaevere']CDs that have no UPC on the back (from CD clubs), are those not accepted? I'm guessing not, but thought it worth asking.[/quote]
I dont believe they work with B&M stores, they might posisbly work if you trade directly to secondspin or wherehouse.com

I think im gonna trade both my Enchanted Arms in. I've already played & beat the 360 version and the game can only go down in value, so better to get as much as i can now for it.

kinda wierd how people are getting different prices for it. hopefully i wont have any problem tonight. I'm kinda suprised no one else in this thread has mentioned getting in on the helio deal except for averageguy. Free phone to ebay seems like a really ez way to make some cash.

[quote name='superdry']Stupid FYE...a very YMMV store (I knew that walking in thanks to Berzerker's post on the first page regarding how YMMV the store is). My last post...the damn store closest to me wouldn't take trades because they had too many to process.

So, today, I go to a different store (one that is 40 mins away by train...ugh) to trade in a few things. I put everything in the brown bag I asked that I wanted store credit. I asked "don't I get an extra 25% if I want store credit." The clerk asks the manager and the manager replied that the brown bag is 20% extra for cash only. So, according to the manger, I could only do one or the other.

I mention to the manager that the bag says NOTHING about 20% only for cash. The manger staunchly refuses to let the clerk give extra 25% saying I can only take one or the other...it doesn't stack and stores that do the 45% extra are doing it wrong. I have a big WTF look on my face at this point.

Since there are only two FYE's near me and both of them are kinda out of the way, I decided to tradethe games I had and trade in my DVDs at the other store next week. I have no clue if the other store is going to give me 45% and what not and I don't want to waste my time travelling to different stores.

Also...this FYE only gave me $10 (pre-bump, $12.50 after 25%) for Enchanted Arms for the PS3. WTF? I wonder if the UPC they had in there system only rang up for the Xbox360 version with the manga (that gets $10 on secondspin and wherehouse) Oh well. I'll ask the other store when I go next week to see how much they give EA for. If they give $26.50 for it...a big WTF to FYE.

If EA did truly drop to only $10 credit, KOF2006 is next thing I know of, guaranteed at this moment, that can net you a few extra dollars after trading since GS sells it for $14.99 new.[/QUOTE]

Told you guys they are the most fucked up company when it comes to a deal.

[quote name='superdry']Stupid FYE...a very YMMV store (I knew that walking in thanks to Berzerker's post on the first page regarding how YMMV the store is). My last post...the damn store closest to me wouldn't take trades because they had too many to process.

If EA did truly drop to only $10 credit, KOF2006 is next thing I know of, guaranteed at this moment, that can net you a few extra dollars after trading since GS sells it for $14.99 new.[/quote]

I certainly hope that for the $12.50 you only received, that you only paid $5-7 for that EA to trade in. Otherwise, you should've left and said F THAT. Also, buying a game for $15, then getting only $3 and change on top of that price isn't a good flipping game. Now, if you got it from Kmart for $5 and are getting $18, then that's great.

I haven't flipped any games in a long while, since Powerdrome went down in value, so maybe I shouldn't talk, huh?

I traded the game in for $12.50 (not knowing that maybe the $10 is reflected at all stores), but I just called the store I traded it into and the clerk said that I can come back and get my game back and return the credit. Hopefully that works out. I'll call again and ask the cllerk to make sure it'll work out before I leave my house tomorrow. She was pretty nice about everything (luckily, I was being very nice and patient while waiting for the transaction to be completed).

Yay...another 40 minute train ride for me! oh well...such is life.

The clerk I talked to at the FYE closer to me mentioned that I can get the full 45% if I elect to take store credit. Now, I'm knowing first hand how YMMV the store is.

[quote name='Jgel']OK so I took the dive. Called and found out that my location was giving the extra 45% trade in as well as clearing out all of their Video Game stuff (10% off systems and 30% off everything else). I traded in a bag of DVD's and a bag of CD's. Got $540 in credit.

I got....

XBOX 360 Premium ( it was 10% off) $359.99

Extra 360 Wireless controller 30% off
controller Charge kit 30% off

Rainbow 6 Vegas (used $29.99 + 30% off)
Tomb Raider (new $19.00 + 30% off)
Viva Pinata (New $29.99 + 30% off)
Xbox Live arcade (new $19.99 + 30% off)

Got it all with the credit.
==========================

Also just got ...

Gear of War,
Tiger Woods 07
Condemned
Kameo
Table Tennis

All from Goozex with points I have been saving for when I got a 360. So I guess I have a good starter 360 set up.

THANK YOU ALL OF MAKING ME AWARE OF THIS DEAL :applause: :applause:[/QUOTE]

If there is a price drop on the 360 next week will they offer a price adjustment? That would suck if not.

[quote name='guinaevere']CDs that have no UPC on the back (from CD clubs), are those not accepted? I'm guessing not, but thought it worth asking.[/quote]

When I used to trade in club cds with no UPC, i just used the upc provided by wherehouse.com or half.com and printed out the UPC barcode on my printer. But since I've been trading in more stuff there, the employees at my local fye usually just look up the cds in their system now, so I don't even worry about it anymore.

Going to dump some stuff that was headed to Goozex, (5000 points there is more than anyone can ever use... assuming you're not two years behind on titles), and maybe run a couple exploits (EA/Popo) to get a PSP (and hopefully a copy of Lumines and a phatty memory stick... make of that what you will ;) ).

It turns out that my FYE does do exchanges. In the receipt it says See Mfgrs warranty, but they gladly exchanged it! =]

traded in Enchanted Arms for $26.40 + 20% and + 25% extra credit, it came up to $39.xx. nearly double what i paid for. awesome deal. i did manage to get 2 games but i thought they were brand new games. i will probably do a return but does anybody know if they'll take another game of the same game on the same transaction? i've been wanting to get the Psone bundle for awhile.

edit: btw GS/EB employees are unaware of the price drop for EA, so you might not wanna call them for a price check. just head over there or just call to make sure they have em first.

[quote name='seanr1221']Told you guys they are the most fucked up company when it comes to a deal.[/quote]

Yeah, they suck. Dude told me there was no additional 25% trade in for store credit when I traded in Enchanted Arms today. So I just took the $31 and change for the extra 20% in cash rather than driving around town or waiting for another few days and watching the price drop. fuck FYE...

anyone know how to contact fye corporate or customer service regarding in store problems. I was denied the cash and only in store credit of 20%

[quote name='dpadilla4']anyone know how to contact fye corporate or customer service regarding in store problems. I was denied the cash and only in store credit of 20%[/quote]
you should report that FYE to better business bureau www.bbb.org. make sure you get their store #, the person that helped you, and the store's phone number. i reported them numerous times. corporate wont do you any good since they probably encourage that behaviour.

at the bottom of the fye website it says All Media Guide, LLC. went to look for it and found their website:

http://www.allmediaguide.com/contact.html
All Media Guide
1168 Oak Valley Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Phone: 734/ 887-5600
Fax: 734/ 827-2492

FYE tried to fuck me. Said I couldn't get the extra 20% unless I bought something first. So I bought a $1 pack of gum. The guy wasn't happy about that, but cheered up once I said I'd be getting store credit.

Gamestop did manage to fuck me tonite. Went to buy Enchanted Arms for the PS3, and the chubby manager chick made a big deal about how it sucked. I was a fool and said something to the tune of only buying it for the $40 tradin value at FYE. The chubby manager chick then gets all indignant and says what I'm doing is immoral and that, based on store policy, she can't sell me the game. In so many words, I told her to fuck herself.

I went back to FYE today and the guy told me he'd take up to 5 copies of any game because stores(Not sure if all or just some or what) are in a competition to see who earns the most money from the trade in deal.

I just can't believe people love their low paying jobs so much that they would not do the deals, change them or not even sell you a game. It's kinda funny I actually laughed at this fat ### manager when I told him he must be mad at the world cause he woks at fye and is over weight. He was a jerk from the beginning so he had it coming.

It helps to have friends on the inside. I got myself another Helio phone for free. THey had 3 more, but the girl I know who works there said she was strapped for cash, so her boyfriend is gonna get the rest of them. Against my jewish instincts, i let her have at the cash cow. Traded in two EA's, the girl said 'ah, i know where you've been shopping'.

You guys may want to check out the Kmart Clearance thread. Theres quite a few $2-4 titles that get $6-15 after bonus. Also Odama ($12 @ Kmart, $4.98-$9.98 @ TRU) still gets $21 after bonus.

Way to go, Bezerker! So the Helios you're buying are only $50? They have two at my local FYE, but they're $100.50. Not sure if those are worth ebay-ing.

[quote name='Ed_']Way to go, Bezerker! So the Helios you're buying are only $50? They have two at my local FYE, but they're $100.50. Not sure if those are worth ebay-ing.[/quote]
It appears they have 3 different types of Helio phones, one for $50 ("Helio Heat" - Free after instant rebate), a $100 one ($50 after instant rebate), and a $200 one ($150 after instant rebate).

Might want to check the model one the other two considering they wont be free, but there's a Heat (the free one) on ebay right now thats at $105 and still has a bit left in the auction (average buy-it-now price is $60-80). YMMV on the competence of the employee you get when trying to do the free phone deal. I'd imagine most of these stores that cant even do the trade in bonus right probably wont get this one right either.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']FYE tried to fuck me. Said I couldn't get the extra 20% unless I bought something first. So I bought a $1 pack of gum. The guy wasn't happy about that, but cheered up once I said I'd be getting store credit.

Gamestop did manage to fuck me tonite. Went to buy Enchanted Arms for the PS3, and the chubby manager chick made a big deal about how it sucked. I was a fool and said something to the tune of only buying it for the $40 tradin value at FYE. The chubby manager chick then gets all indignant and says what I'm doing is immoral and that, based on store policy, she can't sell me the game. In so many words, I told her to fuck herself.[/quote]

man i feel bad for you.. 2 bad experiences from 2 different stores. i woulda said to that chick "do you feel bad cause i thought about it first before you did!?"

[quote name='phear3d']man i feel bad for you.. 2 bad experiences from 2 different stores. i woulda said to that chick "do you feel bad cause i thought about it first before you did!?"[/QUOTE]
I did say something along those lines. When she said she wouldn't sell me it, I laughed and said "Want to get in on it for yourself, eh? I understand." I was holding the empty EA box and held it out at her to take. She pulled back somewhat, as if I'd intimidated her.

I hadn't intended to be intimidating, of course, I'm three days off my medicine and haven't shaved in a week and a half.

[quote name='dpadilla4']anyone know how to contact fye corporate or customer service regarding in store problems. I was denied the cash and only in store credit of 20%[/QUOTE]

Send a complaint e-mail to here: [email protected]

Make sure to include your phone number and the store location.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']FYE tried to fuck me. Said I couldn't get the extra 20% unless I bought something first. So I bought a $1 pack of gum. The guy wasn't happy about that, but cheered up once I said I'd be getting store credit.

Gamestop did manage to fuck me tonite. Went to buy Enchanted Arms for the PS3, and the chubby manager chick made a big deal about how it sucked. I was a fool and said something to the tune of only buying it for the $40 tradin value at FYE. The chubby manager chick then gets all indignant and says what I'm doing is immoral and that, based on store policy, she can't sell me the game. In so many words, I told her to fuck herself.[/QUOTE]

You might want to call that Gamestop's District Manager. About a year ago, I saw Shadow Hearts 1 at one of the Gamestops here, and it was marked with a $29.99 price tag. However, when I went to pay, the game scanned at $39.99. The clerk insisted he had to sell it to me for the price in the computer, but I told him that under the Michigan Scanner Law, he had to sell it for the marked price. Now, most cashiers are aware of this law, and have no problem honoring the marked price, but this guy just kept insisting that he could not do it. So, I asked for the District Manager's number, I left him a message, and he called me back ten minutes later saying that the clerk was new and inexperienced and that I could go back and get the game for $29.99. I returned to the store, the clerk apologized, and I bought the game.

Anyone know or have experiences getting price adjustments at FYE? I bought a PS3 earlier this week with credit from this deal, and now that the price drop has been announced, I'm wondering what company policy is about getting it adjusted. Return/rebuy? Or something else? What's the easiest way to get my $100?

[quote name='Skylander7']Damn.. is my store the only one that won't take games anymore? This is making me want to drive an hour to the next FYE.[/quote]

call and make sure before you make the trip!!!

Thanks Brian. I had been looking for a place to dump my old dvds. I got a great deal thanks to you. I also found a Wii while I was there. :)

[quote name='seanr1221']I swear this is the most half assed promotion ever. Some stores let me trade in with a bag, some don't. Some never got a bag. One store only does trade ins from 10am-5pm (wtf?)[/QUOTE]

That's almost as bad as Montgomery Mall. They used to say certain hours like that and Monday through Friday only. They stopped selling games though. I don't feel like going to King of Prussia only to deal with stupid rules.

Man, i have some stuff i would be more then happy to dump, however, my local FYE banned me over 4 years and I dont feel like stepping foot in the store again. I could try Sam goody, but I dont want to run the risks.

I'm actually seriously thinking of hitting the local FYE with some of the Kmart stuff, but I'm seriously stumped as to what gets decent enough value, as I don't wanna end up making less than what I paid for the games in the end.

Plus, I'd probably ask them the trade value first, then if the deals can 'stack', if the values aren't good or the deals don't stack, I'll just leave rather than take crap trade value.

I don't know why, but after seeing some videos for the Transformers movie game for PS2, I actually want it, my first movie game in a LONG, LONG while.

But, being the cheapass I am, I don't wanna have to buy a game, then end up opening it to find out it gets WAYYYY less than what I even paid for it.

Ah well.....all this contemplation has probably cost me another good deal, like many of the Best Buy DVD glitches in recent months.

Cool, I just realized that if I trade in my Halo Triple Pack and the DMC triple pack, I can make about $30ish in credit, give or take. Good thing too, since they're just sitting here collecting dust.

Just checked the Myrtle Beach, SC location and they are not doing the promotion. Spoke to the store manager who knew about the promotion and stated that they are not doing it, and the other location is not doing it either... :(

For anyone wondering about Big Lots anime flips. Most of the $3 titles are worth $4.20 after bonus, but Angel Tales Vol 4 is worth $8.40 and Cowboy Bebop Best Sessions is worth $7.

Toys R US has B1G1F on all activision games. All of the Wii games get $21.75 before bonus (though $50 spent for $66 credit isnt the best conversion). Shrek the Third for 360 is $49.99 and gets $37 after bonus ($49.99 into $74 - a bit better). Still not quite as good as the EA deal right now, but $25 profit isnt bad.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Cool, I just realized that if I trade in my Halo Triple Pack and the DMC triple pack, I can make about $30ish in credit, give or take. Good thing too, since they're just sitting here collecting dust.[/quote]

Might want to ebay that Halo Triple Pack...goes for about $50 on average.

So, things are resolved. I went back to the FYE I traded EA to and was able to return the credit I received for the game back. 30min later, I'm at another FYE to trade EA, again (this time for $26.40). First, the clerk tells me that the brown bag special is over, but I point out to him that the bag says "offer until 7/18/07." He checks some book of his and is cool with it. So, all in all I received about $38 in store credit.

I'm tempted to trade in another EA, but I think one is enough since the trade-in price might drop this week.

Iamthecheapestgamer - if you can get the full 45%, you net $6.75 extra by trading in KOF2006 ($15 trade in value) if you can still get it for $14.99 at GS. Technically, the net "profit" is probably more along the lines of $5 since the original cost is $14.99 plus tax. Not the greatest flip, but an okay one nonethless if you have other stuff to trade in and want to buy something from FYE at some point. Sometimes that little extra dollar can help.

I stopped by FYE today and found out that my store is only doing the 20% extra if you trade in a filled up brown bag (10 items minimum) I'm thinking about stopping by tomarrow and adding in some CDs or something to make it up to 10 if I can round up some stuff that I don't need. I can't help but wonder what's next if all of the employees are going by the 10 item minimum at my store. Could be that they are only giving the 20% extra for credit or has to be 10 items not mixed (as in can't be a combination of 10 items between CD, DVDs, games etc.) This whole every store can do the rules of a promotion differently can't be good for business (at least with smart customers) and a good example of why it's only a matter of time before FYE goes under. This store is always dead when I go in.

Last time they did this deal I didn't have any odd problems, only thing was that they wouldn't let me stack the 25% extra if I took credit.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I stopped by FYE today and found out that my store is only doing the 20% extra if you trade in a filled up brown bag (10 items minimum) I'm thinking about stopping by tomarrow and adding in some CDs or something to make it up to 10 if I can round up some stuff that I don't need. I can't help but wonder what's next if all of the employees are going by the 10 item minimum at my store. Could be that they are only giving the 20% extra for credit or has to be 10 items not mixed (as in can't be a combination of 10 items between CD, DVDs, games etc.) This whole every store can do the rules of a promotion differently can't be good for business (at least with smart customers) and a good example of why it's only a matter of time before FYE goes under. This store is always dead when I go in.

Last time they did this deal I didn't have any odd problems, only thing was that they wouldn't let me stack the 25% extra if I took credit.[/QUOTE]
FYE is a really bad place to shop. I think it's hilarious a manager/employee would actively try to discourage business by taking a literal interpretation of the "fill it up!" line on the bag.

Just goes to remind me why I haven't made any major purchases in retail stores for the past four years. Think people on the internet are bad? Real people are far, far worse.

Here's some trade in values (with the extra 45%)

Def Jam Icon 38.30
Pimp My Ride 31.30
Perfect Dark Zero 13.05
Bullet Witch 31.30
Samurai Warriors 2 25.50
Bionicle Heroes 17.40
99 Nights 17.40
World Series of Poker 14.50

[quote name='briansraregames']Might want to ebay that Halo Triple Pack...goes for about $50 on average.[/quote]

But see, I just don't wanna deal with the hassle of putting it on Ebay, plus, I don't have my own dedicated Ebay account. Any time I've sold stuff, it was through a friends account, since I didn't want to sit there and groan at the amount of fees involved.

Besides which, I'm offering both packs(Halo+Devil May Cry) up on my TL for $55 shipped. And, if people want them, I have the guides for DMC 2+3 and Halo+Halo 2, for $5 each when they're getting one of the packs. Or if they got both packs, I'd probably toss in all 4 guides for $12 total extra, just to get them gone.

I look at it this way, it lets me get rid of the packs, still gives them to CAGs for UNDER retail and makes me a little $$$$ in the process.

Not bad for Pimp my Ride. Average price on ebay is $15-20. Only thing i'd be worried about is it dropping before the game comes in the mail.

[quote name='Skylander7']Damn.. is my store the only one that won't take games anymore? This is making me want to drive an hour to the next FYE.[/QUOTE]
Nope. The Orlando area FYEs are horrible about taking trades for games in the first place, nevermind honoring any deals. The one in West Oaks wouldn't even honor the 25% bump for credit, despite the sign saying such right behind the counter. Wasn't worth my time to argue.

I didn't actually trade the meager things I have yet but I went into my local FYE (where I unfortunately worked 2 years ago for about a total of 3 months...)
and was told by the female employee there (courtesy of the guy behind the counter ignoring the customer he was with and shaking his head 'No." while looking at her) that I could only do one or the other not 45%. I plan on going back to possibly talk to the only person who is still working there now that was at the time I was there too. She might actually be capable of understanding how to do the math. I do not know. She could get mroe down to earth and tell me hell no or something as well... I honestly hate that store.

Suncoast is doing the same deal though. Do they give an extra 25% on trades for credit too? Does anyone know if Suncoast's store credit is transferable to a giftcard thing and usable at FYE?

I want to get a game or something of that nature. (Super Paper Mario maybe..)

bread's done
Back