FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

[quote name='briansraregames']Found a new king of the flip:

CD - Everything But the Girl: Best Of EBTG

I bought 5 of these from FYE over the weekend for $0.25 each (they were having a sidewalk sale and these were in the bins!), they trade back in for $18.11 EACH after the bump. That's over $90 in credit for $1.34![/quote]

Kinda curious what made you pick this up in the first place ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Kinda curious what made you pick this up in the first place ;)[/quote]

I really don't know, I had heard of the group so I figured maybe somebody else might be looking for it on half.com Guess I just got lucky.

[quote name='briansraregames']I really don't know, I had heard of the group so I figured maybe somebody else might be looking for it on half.com Guess I just got lucky.[/quote]

Haha, one helluva coincidence eh?

Looks like I'll be doing some CD trade ins soon if I can some great trade-in values :D

[quote name='hopeunknown']Keep in mind this deal ends on Wednesday...ordering stuff online now to trade in probably wouldn't be worth it.[/quote]
Yes, the extra 20% ends Wednesday, but still you'd get the normal $19.00 + 25% credit = $23.75 for a $7.99 even after then so even without the bonus it's a damn good deal where you can double your money or more.
[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Can you find any of those dvds cheap like that in the store? or just Amazon?[/quote]
I haven't seen any that cheap in stores.

However, in-store at Dollar General is SCTV Vol. 1-4 for $10 each and the first three volumes trade in for $15 before bonus and the 4th trades in for $21.50 before bonus so that's a pretty good deal.

Then again, you were insulting me a couple posts up (though you haven't contributed to this thread at all and weren't even wanting to use the effort to read it, wanting others to summarize it for you) so maybe you shouldn't be asking for help from me now

[quote name='briansraregames']Found a new king of the flip:

CD - Everything But the Girl: Best Of EBTG

I bought 5 of these from FYE over the weekend for $0.25 each (they were having a sidewalk sale and these were in the bins!), they trade back in for $18.11 EACH after the bump. That's over $90 in credit for $1.34![/quote]

@ FYE.com Everything But the Girl: Best Of EBTG is
$34.99

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']Yes, the extra 20% ends Wednesday, but still you'd get the normal $19.00 + 25% credit = $23.75 for a $7.99 even after then so even without the bonus it's a damn good deal where you can double your money or more.

I haven't seen any that cheap in stores.

However, in-store at Dollar General is SCTV Vol. 1-4 for $10 each and the first three volumes trade in for $15 before bonus and the 4th trades in for $21.50 before bonus so that's a pretty good deal.

Then again, you were insulting me a couple posts up (though you haven't contributed to this thread at all and weren't even wanting to use the effort to read it, wanting others to summarize it for you) so maybe you shouldn't be asking for help from me now[/quote]
Thankyou for the tip anyway.:lol:

GaMer_2007 didn't read the thread very well.

Anyway, someone here mentioned trading in "Mamodo"... is that Zatch Bell Mamodo Fighters (or something)? It trades for $$16 before bonus on secondspin, but where can it be attained for cheaper than that? Thanks.
EDIT: TRU, gotcha.

[quote name='soonerdoc']ncaa football 07 for xbox 360 was only worth $1 in store today....[/QUOTE]

Im not sure, but your store may just have a lot of stock and the price in that store dropped.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']I just called all around my area.....only gamestop had one copy of it I can't seem to find anymore...I'm tring to look for penny guides too![/quote]

If you're looking for guides, I've got TONS I could sell ya, reasonable prices too. For a great new CAG like you, only triple the normal price. How's that sound??:lol:

GREAT!! How many do ya want?

Seriously though, most guides(cept those marked TRADE ONLY or with other prices) are 4 for $11 shipped.

Sorry for whoring out my TL here to a :newbie: guys n gals, but I'm just trying to be nice to them. :whistle2:#

Oh and I traded in the Halo Triple Pack for OVER $20, Thief: Deadly Shadows and just a ton of other shit I wasn't playing anymore.

All told, for 5-7 games and 2 CDs(Natalie Imbruglia and Alicia Keys), I got $69.50 after 45% bump. $48 total prior to that, but still, NOT BAD for stuff I wasn't even playing anymore.

BTW, if any of yas go to trade in the Halo Triple Pack anytime soon, it's better if ya break it up into the 3 individual games, since they get more credit seperately. $5 for the original, $7 for Halo 2 and $4 for the Multi Map Pack, as opposed to $10 for the triple pack total. Those totals are before 45% bump too.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Can you Trade in Strategy Guides @ FYE?[/quote]

No you can't. I'm not even sure if FYE sells Strategy Guides, let alone used ones.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Oh and I traded in the Halo Triple Pack for OVER $20[/quote]:cries: I've been looking for that for ages.

[quote name='Bezerker']Actually, the Halo Triple Pack goes on ebay for $40-80, so it would've been better to sell it there.[/quote]

But see, I had the attitude that makes many just deal with the ridiculous prices Gamestop gives for games, in that I didn't want to waste the time or effort putting the junk on Ebay, to maybe end up not even getting what I'd paid for it back after fees and what not.

While some auctions may end in the $40-80 range, knowing my luck, I'd get $15 and have to overcharge people for shipping to get what I wanted.

So, for a 20 minute trip(counting traffic lights etc)to my local FYE, I made what I wanted, which was over the $12 I paid from Kmart for it, so I'm happy nonetheless.

I had it on my TL and on Craigslist for a week or so, but since no one bit on that, I said it was going away before it dropped in value.

I wanted something like $25 on my TL for it and I was in no mood to get PMs saying "I'll give you $14 for it shipped", so it really was much easier to just say 'here ya go, gimme credit'.

Oh and unless someone wants it prior to later this afternoon, my copy of Monster Hunter for PS2 is going bye bye too, since after bump it gets $10ish, which is still more than I paid for it and that's more than good enough for my liking.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But see, I had the attitude that makes many just deal with the ridiculous prices Gamestop gives for games, in that I didn't want to waste the time or effort putting the junk on Ebay, to maybe end up not even getting what I'd paid for it back after fees and what not.

While some auctions may end in the $40-80 range, knowing my luck, I'd get $15 and have to overcharge people for shipping to get what I wanted.

So, for a 20 minute trip(counting traffic lights etc)to my local FYE, I made what I wanted, which was over the $12 I paid from Kmart for it, so I'm happy nonetheless.

I had it on my TL and on Craigslist for a week or so, but since no one bit on that, I said it was going away before it dropped in value.

I wanted something like $25 on my TL for it and I was in no mood to get PMs saying "I'll give you $14 for it shipped", so it really was much easier to just say 'here ya go, gimme credit'.

Oh and unless someone wants it prior to later this afternoon, my copy of Monster Hunter for PS2 is going bye bye too, since after bump it gets $10ish, which is still more than I paid for it and that's more than good enough for my liking.[/quote]

buy it now is your friend...

But see, I just don't wanna have to deal with anyone and have some shlep scammer say 'I never got it' and dispute it. Then, I'm out the game AND the money probably, which would really suck massively.

This way, I take it to the store, get my credit/money and I'm done, no hassle or anything.

Plus, I'm actually whittling down my game collection to a reasonable size again, to where I won't have to have a stack of PS2 or Xbox games sitting up against a wall because my dvd/game rack is SO full, it's overflowing. And, I'm getting rid of the dreck I played but disliked, while keeping all the games I truly wanted to keep and, of course, the harder to find ones(minus the Halo Triple Pack or any others I got rid of that're htf).

Has anyone been able to find any TRU Clearance games anymore? Cause I'm gonna go there today to see if there was some stuff I could trade to fye. I was just wondering though.

[quote name='monkeydeew']lol sorry i didnt read your screen name, its cheapest gamer not greedy gamer[/quote]

Damn right, plus it's also 'least likely to want to deal with a hassle' gamer. I was shocked by the ease with which the CL deal went down last week, if only all were like that.

And I -had- to find this out one day before the promo ends.

Well, since I don't really have any games I want to sell (other than GTA Vice City Stories and God of War on the PS2), I'm trading in a ton of DVDs... So far I've got 88 bucks in cash according to secondspin. I'm not sure I want to use it as credit at all, though. I've never liked their prices. So I may just take it in cash. I need the money for a new computer, heh.

Edit: Does anyone know if they'll accept a partial credit / cash trade? Just so I can buy a game or two and keep the rest of the money.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']And I -had- to find this out one day before the promo ends.

Well, since I don't really have any games I want to sell (other than GTA Vice City Stories and God of War on the PS2), I'm trading in a ton of DVDs... So far I've got 88 bucks in cash according to secondspin. I'm not sure I want to use it as credit at all, though. I've never liked their prices. So I may just take it in cash. I need the money for a new computer, heh.

Edit: Does anyone know if they'll accept a partial credit / cash trade? Just so I can buy a game or two and keep the rest of the money.[/quote]

Well If you got Credit you wouldn't have to physically go to there store you can order your stuff online @ fye.com.:lol:

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Well If you got Credit you wouldn't have to physically go to there store you can order your stuff online @ fye.com.:lol:[/quote]I'd pay shipping if I did that. So no. It's cheaper to just take the bus and go there. ;P

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I'd pay shipping if I did that. So no. It's cheaper to just take the bus and go there. ;P[/quote]

You've got a point I thought about that after I posted it lol;)

im tempted to flip enchanted arms again.. hehe. i still need to get ar tonelico from them. today was good i finally got to use my credit and bought monster hunter freedome (x2) for $33 ea. and jet set radio future new for $20. theres really nothing else to get at fye except for the ps3.

Flipped another EA today, and the clerk told me the deal ends on the 25th, which is a week later than what's printed on the brown bag. I pointed that out and she said the promotion had been extended.

That would be awesome if it's extended!

I've been banned from wherehouse. I haven't been sending a ton of trades, but I created a ton of different sell orders b/c I wanted them logged in case the game went off of the site. Well, sure enough, even though I only sent in five orders in a month, they banned me....RULE: Don't create a ton of sell orders, limit one to each order (which I did do) and don't send them close together, you'll get flagged.

OK, last flip of cheap Kmart games,plus a cd I got at a job fair from a cd plant that was hiring and a couple slightly more expensive games(by more expensive of course,I mean $4 instead of $2-3 lol).

I traded(plus value prior to bump):

CD-Jet-Get Born(got it for free)$2
PS2-Monster Hunter(you guys are gonna hate me for this one)- $4($9 from CC's one July 4th sale I got in on)
Xbox-World Champ Poker-$1(paid $1 from Kmart, so I got my $$$ back)
Xbox-Namco Museum-$2.50
Xbox-PacMan World 2-$2($2 from Kmart)
Xbox-Soul Calibur II-$1($2 from Kmart)
Xbox-Marc Ecko's Getting Up-$1($4 from Kmart originally)
Xbox-Knights Of The Old Republic(opened my sealed copy JUST to trade it)-$2($2 from Kmart, or was it $3?)
CD-Alicia Keys-Diary Of Alicia Keys-$2.50

I was kinda annoyed by Mark Ecko's getting only a buck and Monster Hunter only getting $4, but it still balanced out, since I didn't pay anything for the Jet CD, so it was like that added $1-2 to any one item.

Total was $26 after bonuses....$95.50 total for 2 days of getting rid of shit I never play or listen to, not bad. But, I forgot to dump off Liberty City Stories for PS2 on them, which gets like $10 after bump($7 or so before).

ahhh well, I'll call tomorrow, see if they truly DID extend it and take in that ONE game for another $10(which is what I paid with the HWV 2/$20 deal about 5-6 months ago).

All in all though, I don't feel SO bad about the Marc Ecko's game, since I flipped like 2-3 copies of the deluxe one to them from CC's $8.96 7/4 sale either last year or the year prior. And at the time, they were getting $25 or so in CASH.

thats excellent! so now i have time to look for more EA :D. The clerk that helped me out yesterday did tell me that the store get credited for taking in alot of trades. She said some managers are just too anal and too caught up doing nothing cause they do get emails about their promotions. They probably realize that they are gonna make more money now selling all those Enchanted Arms for $17 used in a few weeks :). but like all stores, they always get more money from other stuff they sell to make up for the loss.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
PS2-Monster Hunter(you guys are gonna hate me for this one)- $4($9 from CC's one July 4th sale I got in on)
[/quote]

BLASPHEMY!! i could have given you $6 at least. i would have stopped you at the door! i also did something terrible yesterday, opened up 4 games sealed and sold it for jack.. including Grandia III. but, it pays off towards the end anyways.

[quote name='phear3d']
BLASPHEMY!! i could have given you $6 at least. i would have stopped you at the door! i also did something terrible yesterday, opened up 4 games sealed and sold it for jack.. including Grandia III. but, it pays off towards the end anyways.[/quote]

LOL I was wondering how many minutes it would take till someone said I did a bad thing selling it so cheap. I just have to go and delete my $15 CL post now and all traces of that game ever being in my collection are DONE.

I am STILL tempted to just say 'give me the 45% more for this game' tomorrow for LCS, since I haven't played it in forever and hate that they took out the best ability that I waited till San Andreas to get: SWIMMING.

They made the water blue death once again, plus, the whole game seemed extremely glitchy to me. Ah well, I'm still going to get like $10ish for it, unless Secondspin dropped price on it now.

EDIT: Ok, still listing for $7, which would even be decent enough for my liking at this point. BTW, it would seem that any game not coming up on the site is selling to them for $1.

He traded in a bunch of stuff at one, was on the way to another- enchanted, ray 360, etc- and the lady took his license and was like NO! You are banned from all FYES!!!

[quote name='partygirlie21']He traded in a bunch of stuff at one, was on the way to another- enchanted, ray 360, etc- and the lady took his license and was like NO! You are banned from all FYES!!![/quote]

yeah, he shouldn't trade the same game in 1 day. or maybe he didnt? did he traded completely different game? if employees suspect people of a suspicious activity they might call each others store and warn them about the individual. i mean i can understand that what hes doing is legit, but, trying to do it once everyday could be a little too much.

[quote name='phear3d']yeah, he shouldn't trade the same game in 1 day. or maybe he didnt? did he traded completely different game? if employees suspect people of a suspicious activity they might call each others store and warn them about the individual. i mean i can understand that what hes doing is legit, but, trying to do it once everyday could be a little too much.[/quote]

no, two weeks ago, he traded in a few dvds at this one store.
today, he traded in a bunch along w/ those same few dvds (duplicates)
the guy remembered one of the titles- worth a freaking buck b/f bump- and let the trade go thru. Then, when he left, bf went to another store. The girl saw his ID and said, "the manager called me from another store and you trade in dupes, which is suspicious. You can't trade at fye anymore" Basically, the manager must have looked his acct up and noticed two of the same of a few titles. I don't know if their system is nationwide, anyone know?

Anyway, it sucks so now I have to do an account and watch it. You guys BE CAREFUL!

We have $500 in credit so far......though, maybe getting a ps3 :drool:

I don't think it is, because they always ask me if I have traded into the particular FYE store I am at and if not, they have to enter my info into the system.

That's horrible he got banned for only trading in 2 copies of the same item. I have traded in way than 2 copies of a game before though it was spread over 5 or 6 FYE stores.

I once bought 2 Malice's from EB for $5, with 2 FYE's in the mall, went to the first one and got $27 trade in credit, walked over to the other one and got another $27. I'm glad I didn't get caught (not that I did anything wrong), but I just couldn't pass up spending $10.60 and getting $54 in trade in credit.

LOL Yoshi, like me with the Powerdrome game. Damn, those were good times, when $2.11(with tax) here could turn into $14.50 cash or MORE in credit. Same deal with Gamestop, since I swear I must've traded in something like 10-12 copies of the Clancy Triple Pack for a whopping $3 total($1 per game) and with the then $10 extra credit, I made $10 on each one.

... I traded a certain CD twice over the course of two weeks (a Tony Bennett duet CD - don't ask!)... wonder if I'm banned. o_O

Well, I hope I'm not. :p Does anyone know if you can call to see if you're banned? XD

I got lucky and found another NBA Starting Five. I'm hoping that the trade in deal gets extended as a couple of stores a county over have some copies according to the store locator.

Found American Psycho used on Blu-Ray for $15.99 (or basically $2 if you count how much i paid for the $16 credit). Not too shabby at all.

I guess i cant really speak to well about trading multiple copies of games to FYE. I know everyone who works at the FYE i trade at, so they just dont care.

[quote name='partygirlie21']no, two weeks ago, he traded in a few dvds at this one store.
today, he traded in a bunch along w/ those same few dvds (duplicates)
the guy remembered one of the titles- worth a freaking buck b/f bump- and let the trade go thru. Then, when he left, bf went to another store. The girl saw his ID and said, "the manager called me from another store and you trade in dupes, which is suspicious. You can't trade at fye anymore" Basically, the manager must have looked his acct up and noticed two of the same of a few titles. I don't know if their system is nationwide, anyone know?

Anyway, it sucks so now I have to do an account and watch it. You guys BE CAREFUL!

We have $500 in credit so far......though, maybe getting a ps3 :drool:[/quote]

Unfortunately, Your BF encountered someone who really takes his FYE job searious. two same DVD sets, so what!! Cannot believe it. This is just a joke. You have a promotion to attract more people coming in for trades. Then ban people who sold you two same DVD boxsets???I can undertand they are refusing certain games or DVDs because they have too many. That is fine. It is all about the business. But banning people for trading in duplicates, That is hilarious:applause:

Yeah, they are really strict about that. Maybe a minor not noticeable scratch or two but anything more than that and it will likely be rejected.

[quote name='muffinman943']WTF, no scratches allowed? Can anybody confirm this[/quote] Yes, they ARE picky, which is why I'm glad they are, so I don't end up getting GS quality garbage from them when I buy a game, movie or cd.

While it's a bad thing for some people(ie those with kids who toss around games like frisbees), it's a definite bonus for the rest of us, though I will say that the trades I took in in the last couple days had a few surface scratches and they said nothing.

So, I guess I just got lucky because once before I took in a GS bought game to flip, only to find out that they wouldn't take it because of a surface scratch that you couldn't see unless you were constantly adjusting the disc under the light at all angles.

Wow, sucks that people are being banned now. I managed to make $959.33 in store credit. I got two PS3s with it. I'm going to go tomorrow to trade in a few CDs and a copy of Pimp My Ride and Tiger Woods PSP.

bread's done
Back