FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

I went back for one last bite of the apple today and got $92 in credit for a bunch of CDs. I managed to resist the urge to blow it all right then and there.

On my first trip last week, the trade-in values were identical to those on second spin, but this time some of them were way off... all on the low side, unfortunately. But I'm not going to complain after turning dusty old CDs that I haven't listened to in years into nearly a hundred bucks. :D

[quote name='canedaddy']I went back for one last bite of the apple today and got $92 in credit for a bunch of CDs. I managed to resist the urge to blow it all right then and there.

On my first trip last week, the trade-in values were identical to those on second spin, but this time some of them were way off... all on the low side, unfortunately. But I'm not going to complain after turning dusty old CDs that I haven't listened to in years into nearly a hundred bucks. :D[/quote]

When I went in to FYE today to do my last trade I got pissed beacuse I had somes cd's that they wouldn't take beacuse of the scratches on them. But I had to realize that I needed to stop complaining and just be happy with what I got. For the 2 times that I went to fye to do trade-in's for the extra 25% Total I got $153.14...so I'm happy!:D

I ended up with about 470 in credit. Tempted by the PS3...but cash is an issue so I went with the Wii.

I didn't plan on owning a system this generation (I felt burned by the Cube...) but now have two of the three. Madness, I say. Madness.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I did my last trade earlier today, same store I've hit in the past couple days too, only traded in ONE game, got $10 after bump.

Liberty City Stories(PS2)$7 pre bump, $10 after

Later on at another FYE, I bought a used copy of the PS2 version of the Transformers movie game. I joked around with them that the sign for the free TF movie promo says ANY version of the game, so once they get in stock of it, I'm getting a nice sealed TF movie. It's too bad I already bought the movie(soon as it was released), but hell, I'm sure I could find SOMEONE to sell it to for like $10 before shipping, right?[/quote]

Can't find info on this - the animated DVD is free when you buy a Transformers game from FYE?

[quote name='animemaniac14']so does anyone know if some of the stores are extending this deal? cuz i heard that mentioned a few posts ago...[/quote]I asked the Training Manager/acting Area Manager this morning about that, and she didn't have any solid information. Her answer was along the lines of, "I think I heard something about that. If anyone comes in with their bag for trades and asks, we'll just say it was extended... until I hear definately it's over."

I'm still not sure how to react to that. I like that they're willing to help the customers, but you'd expect store management to have some solid information and not be such a complete space case.

I traded in a few more games yesterday because it was supposed to be the last day.

The manager told me to hold onto the bag because the deal goes until the 28th of July.

I am not sure if he looked at the date wrong or if the deal was extended.

I tried to trade in The Darkness but it still was not in the system!!

[quote name='gaggil']
I tried to trade in The Darkness but it still was not in the system!![/quote]

i havent even seen that game at any fye's at all. maybe it's that bad?

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Can't find info on this - the animated DVD is free when you buy a Transformers game from FYE?[/quote]

At my local FYE's they had it in one of those stand up signs that you see going into the store, though the one had it strapped onto one of those anti shoplifting posts you go through at some stores to get out.

[quote name='phear3d']i havent even seen that game at any fye's at all. maybe it's that bad?[/quote]

Wouldn't the fact there are no used copies mean it's a popular game?

Heh, I own it and love it. Decent length and tons of great action, I paid full price and was satisfied.

[quote name='phear3d']i havent even seen that game at any fye's at all. maybe it's that bad?[/quote]

The game is great, storywise it's very "chilling" :cold:

I tried to trade it in yesterday, and although it came up in the system, it wouldn't allow me to sell it b/c FYE had 4 new copies that weren't sold yet :/

All the other stores are selling well BUT Fye...go figure >.>

I'll have to call my local & closest stores tonight and check for an extension.. if they do, I'll be getting a PSP through offloading some of my backlog. Too bad their website doesn't sell Sirius Stilleto units.

On a side note, I've had everything accepted for trade except Saint's Row when I picked up my PS3. They checked the disc (I'd gotten it at a used EB sale a while back, but it only had a couple very light surface scratches), and the chick takes out the disc.. wipes it on her shirt for a good 30 seconds (thus scratching it up even worse).. puts it back in the case, and says "this one is damaged." It pissed me off, but since I was trading in a ton of shit.. I kept my mouth shut.

LOL The one guy at the one FYE I went to last night looking for the TF movie game had to be trading in his entire movie collection, as he had an entire register lane(that lil window thing) filled up to the top and over with movies. He had everything from box sets to older movies in there and the lady at the store said 'no more trades' due to him I guess. It was funny, since they were STILL ringing up his stuff when I was leaving.

Mind you, I immediately thought 'whose house did he hit to get all that' because it was just too impossible for a picky DVD buyer like myself to think that ANYONE could have more than just a select DVD collection.

Either way, they probably had to spend about 30-40 minutes just ringing up his trades. Compared to mine, that's about 600% more time or more easily. I was in and out in like 5-6 minutes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Mind you, I immediately thought 'whose house did he hit to get all that' because it was just too impossible for a picky DVD buyer like myself to think that ANYONE could have more than just a select DVD collection.[/quote]

you'd be surprise. usually people in the dvd industry have the most collection. i was at a panel at a convention a few years back and the guy that was speaking told everyone he had about 2500+ dvds. took an entire room in his house. thats some serious collecting.

alot of people these days realize that collecting dvds isnt really worth the hassle anymore. film companies tend to re-re-re-release dvd titles onto cheaper, affordable titles so they dont really hold much of a value. and besides how many times could someone watch a dvd when you own more than 1000..

either that, or he is a dealer or a store owner.

True, but still, he had to be getting rid of all of his movie collection just for the promo. Don't get me wrong, as I would've done it too if I had that many, but I don't and if I pay more than $5-6 for a movie anymore, it's a miracle and those movies/games, I never want to get rid of.

I went to my local store today and they told me the offer was over.

However, I asked for a receipt. I'm going there tomorrow and if the guy knows about this trade-in deal, I'll complain that they didn't want to do it and demand my extra $5. :p

Not sure if anyone really cares, but i was happy about it. FYE will be selling the new Harry Potter book for at 9am tomorrow for $20.99. If you got lucky with NBA Starting Fives (as i have), total cost is less than $4, woot.

[quote name='Bezerker']Not sure if anyone really cares, but i was happy about it. FYE will be selling the new Harry Potter book for at 9am tomorrow for $20.99. If you got lucky with NBA Starting Fives (as i have), total cost is less than $4, woot.[/quote]

I found a copy of the last Harry Potter book at my local Salvation Army in mint condition for $4 as it was. I was shocked to find it too, since most major authors or major licensed branded books disappear soon after being put on the shelf.

I've gone from being able to find a virtual shitton of Star Trek novels in recent years to finding maybe 1-2 books every couple months anymore, let alone stuff from Stephen King or any other major and still relevant and popular authors.

If it's a popular author, it's gone in a day at most.

deals over at the 2 fye's ive visted around nassau, li

oh well, i hate this place, i traded in a ton of things for som ecredit to get a 360, and one place had no 360's and the other had 360's manufactured over a year ago

[quote name='hurley7715']deals over at the 2 fye's ive visted around nassau, li

oh well, i hate this place, i traded in a ton of things for som ecredit to get a 360, and one place had no 360's and the other had 360's manufactured over a year ago[/quote]

Not surprised. The FYE I bought my PS3 at had 4 of the "Limited Edition" that included Talladega Nights! :hot: I think because not many people (myself included) think about FYE when thinking video games. Hell, the only time I will probably visit this place is when I can't find a game that is MSRP everywhere...or when they have a brown bag special again! :drool:

its bonuses...

Kinda funny that you said that though, i was watching Mystery Men today and theres a scene where theyre debating the plural of nemesis.

God i love knowing people @ FYE. Went there at 8:40, expecting there to be tons of people waiting on line for the new HP book. Guess they all got it at Borders, I was alone. They let me in and I got my copy, a couple of dvds for ebay, and found out that the trade in deal got extended til Weds @ my store.

It seems like nearly all B&M stores are dropping Enchanted arms to $19.99. Secondspin is still showing EA as $26.50, so it'll probably still be good in store.

[quote name='Bezerker']
It seems like nearly all B&M stores are dropping Enchanted arms to $19.99. Secondspin is still showing EA as $26.50, so it'll probably still be good in store.[/quote]

thats good to know. i was thinking of flipping it again. but i guess it wouldn't hurt to call to ask how much EA is now. i know of 2 stores that still had it last week for $59.99.

Just talked to the manager of my local FYE in Albany, GA and he said they don't do trade ins on games anymore.

Well crap.

[quote name='Haggan']Just talked to the manager of my local FYE in Albany, GA and he said they don't do trade ins on games anymore.

Well crap.[/quote]

That's what happened to one of my local FYEs about a month ago. You might want to swing by there anyway, as they may be clearancing out all of their games.

FYE is a new store to me. Does anybody think that this deal might comeback later on this year? Cuz lemme tell ya, it absolutely destroyed GS/EB in the amount of credit that I got back.

Oh and by the way this thread moving, I'm guessing the current deal is dead?

I went by my local FYE yesterday and was told the deal was over.

The new deal is buy two used and get third 50% off, you can mix games, DVDs, and CDs.

I was looking for Nascar 08 for the XBOX 360 and was told they had sold out.

I then looked at a display that was set up and saw there was a used copy.

I picked it up for 44.99 with my FYE card.

[quote name='dexman']FYE is a new store to me. Does anybody think that this deal might comeback later on this year? Cuz lemme tell ya, it absolutely destroyed GS/EB in the amount of credit that I got back.

Oh and by the way this thread moving, I'm guessing the current deal is dead?[/quote]

At least at my main store here in indiana, the deal is good until tomorrow. I traded in a few more cds/dvds yesterday and still got the 45% bump.

The last time the deal happened was around 5 and a half months ago. I'm assuming it'll happen again in another 5 and a half months (just in time for the Harry Potter Blu-Ray boxset)

[quote name='hurley7715']fye has terrible prices on used games, especially 360 games[/quote]

But see, those horrid(usually higher than most places) prices on used games translates to usually higher than normal trade values too. Plus, their pickyness when it comes to taking in games(ie not taking in games with tons of deep scratches like Gamestop does many times)equals that you will almost always get games/cds/dvds that work the first damned time and not have to exchange the item 3-4 times to get ONE working copy.

I kinda think they are a bit steep on used prices sometimes, but there are some items which are a bargain compared to other places.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But see, those horrid(usually higher than most places) prices on used games translates to usually higher than normal trade values too. Plus, their pickyness when it comes to taking in games(ie not taking in games with tons of deep scratches like Gamestop does many times)equals that you will almost always get games/cds/dvds that work the first damned time and not have to exchange the item 3-4 times to get ONE working copy.

I kinda think they are a bit steep on used prices sometimes, but there are some items which are a bargain compared to other places.[/quote]

i know ive traded in hella games that i just tore the plastic off of and never actually played. i.e. gutted version of gs games lol

While their 360 used prices kinda suck, their PS3 prices are great. Most of the launch titles, that GS still sell for $54.99 are as low as $39.99, and they've been doing Buy 3 Get 1 Free for the last 4 months (and now a Buy 2 Get 1 50% off it seems).

Wherehouse.com also randomly does 20-25% off Video Games sale, and since FYE store credit works on all TW websites, it helps.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i know ive traded in hella games that i just tore the plastic off of and never actually played. i.e. gutted version of gs games lol[/quote]

I've done that too, with copies of Half Life 2 for XBox and others, mainly getting them from the local Kmarts here. I find that keeping cheap, sealed games around the house is sometimes a boon in this case.

Speaking of FYE, I need to call the local store, see if they got in their shipment this week of Transformers The Movie. If so, I'm gonna go get my free copy tomorrow sometime(in this heat).

I find tht more popular titles might be less expensive, but some older obsolete titles are higher priced, possiblhy due to the fact they arent traded in much.

Does anyone know if the Backstage Pass thingy will work on the Ace Combat 6/ flight stick bundle?

It's scheduled for Oct 23. I was thinking to get my bro that for our birthday on Nov 9, when we get 20% off of stuff.

What I also like about SecondSpin is if they have 9+ copies of a game and it isn't selling, they'll offer 10-40% off

Madden 07 for PS3 is I think 30%, so it's like $18 I think
Trauma Center for Wii is 10% off so it's about $31.49

And considering Trauma Center just dropped to like $40 used at GS/EB, there can be some pretty damn good deals from time to time

[quote name='WiiGame']where can i get that brown bag??? is it availible at FYE or do u gotta pick it up elsewhere??[/QUOTE]

Its avaliable at FYE, just ask the cashier, they may be on the counter, behind it, or somewhere on the floor. Just remember, its a YMMV if its still working, it was suppose to expire on 7/18 but some stores are still accepting it.

For anyone who has any titles that are worth a lot more on Secondspin than instore (Timesplitters, lol). Secondspin is doing a bonus 20% CASH promotion code that expires monday @ 11:59pm. The Code is BUY727.

[quote name='Bezerker']For anyone who has any titles that are worth a lot more on Secondspin than instore (Timesplitters, lol). Secondspin is doing a bonus 20% CASH promotion code that expires monday @ 11:59pm. The Code is BUY727.

[/QUOTE]

Careful selling to secondspin, they will refuse your order even if you have the confirmed prices on the quote if they are overbought on that particular item. I assumed you'd be safe with the quote, but they will reject your items and send them back to you. You'd think they'd refuse the order at checkout, but you won't know for sure until they receive them. Had to learn this the hard way, so keep that in mind.

[quote name='nonametofame']Careful selling to secondspin, they will refuse your order even if you have the confirmed prices on the quote if they are overbought on that particular item. I assumed you'd be safe with the quote, but they will reject your items and send them back to you. You'd think they'd refuse the order at checkout, but you won't know for sure until they receive them. Had to learn this the hard way, so keep that in mind.[/quote]

Thanks for posting this!

I just placed an order this morning after I got the email.

What idiots! I'm still waiting for wherehouse to send my stuff back after it was rejected- too many sell orders placed w/ the same items

[quote name='nonametofame']Careful selling to secondspin, they will refuse your order even if you have the confirmed prices on the quote if they are overbought on that particular item. I assumed you'd be safe with the quote, but they will reject your items and send them back to you. You'd think they'd refuse the order at checkout, but you won't know for sure until they receive them. Had to learn this the hard way, so keep that in mind.[/quote]

How many copies does Secondspin deem a title to be overbought? I have a few things I'd like to sell to them, but one of the titles I have they already have 4 copies of.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes secondspin to ship stuff back to you?

[quote name='superdry']How many copies does Secondspin deem a title to be overbought? I have a few things I'd like to sell to them, but one of the titles I have they already have 4 copies of.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes secondspin to ship stuff back to you?[/QUOTE]

I see a couple titles here and there with 9+, that might be a sign. As for 4, I wouldnt know, most titles do have 1 or 2, but if a lot of people are selling it, its a chance.

X-Files Season 3,4, and 5 are $21.50 according to wherehouse.com and secondspin.com. All three sets are on sale at Best Buy for $19.99+ $10 off with Fox coupon. I'm not too sure about this though because there are two listings for Season 3 (one for 2001 and another for 2006)

bread's done
Back