FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

Stupid EA. I have like 4 coming back to me from rejected orders. All opened and now it sells for shit! Guess that's the risk you take w/ trading in........:(

[quote name='partygirlie21']Stupid EA. I have like 4 coming back to me from rejected orders. All opened and now it sells for shit! Guess that's the risk you take w/ trading in........:([/quote]

So, basically, you have $80ish that's going to be sitting around getting you nothing? This is why when I buy games, I make sure they're super cheap already and/or I make sure that they're in pristine shape if I plan on trading to FYE or another AR about condition retailer.

I'd really hate to have a copy of a game for a system I don't have sitting around and being worthless like that.

Sorry to hear bout your rejections, but you know, they may have effectively banned you due to trading in EA en masse. This is why you have to keep trading in different games WITH those multiples or they will catch on. Or, at least give it a day or ten between trades.

[quote name='partygirlie21']Stupid EA. I have like 4 coming back to me from rejected orders. All opened and now it sells for shit! Guess that's the risk you take w/ trading in........:([/QUOTE]

Try taking them to Blockbuster, last week they were trading for $36.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So, basically, you have $80ish that's going to be sitting around getting you nothing? This is why when I buy games, I make sure they're super cheap already and/or I make sure that they're in pristine shape if I plan on trading to FYE or another AR about condition retailer.

I'd really hate to have a copy of a game for a system I don't have sitting around and being worthless like that.

Sorry to hear bout your rejections, but you know, they may have effectively banned you due to trading in EA en masse. This is why you have to keep trading in different games WITH those multiples or they will catch on. Or, at least give it a day or ten between trades.[/quote]

She sent it into Wherehouse.com , I believe. And here's what it says in their help section.

*snip*
Is there a limit to the amount of product I can Sell to Wherehouse.com?
You can Sell as much merchandise as you like at one time, however, we will only accept one piece of a particular title from each customer.
*snip*

The Blockbuster deal sounds like your best bet now.

I was able to get the brown bag 20% extra today. I took my movies to my local FYE and got my 20% xtra no problem. They don't carry games at that loaction. I then took my games to the closest FYE that buys games. The guy started the trade process and the shift manager came out and told him they weren't buying games anymore in their location. He was in process of giving me my 20%. He aplogized for the confusion and I was on my way. Oh well! It was good while it lasted.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Try taking them to Blockbuster, last week they were trading for $36.[/quote]

Whoa! Blockbuster or Gamerush? There are no Gamerushes near me...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So, basically, you have $80ish that's going to be sitting around getting you nothing? This is why when I buy games, I make sure they're super cheap already and/or I make sure that they're in pristine shape if I plan on trading to FYE or another AR about condition retailer.

Sorry to hear bout your rejections, but you know, they may have effectively banned you due to trading in EA en masse. This is why you have to keep trading in different games WITH those multiples or they will catch on. Or, at least give it a day or ten between trades.[/quote]

Yes, it was a risk, but worth it still as I have gotten lots of trade. I will just sell the games on craigslist or online and take what I can get.
Oh, and I traded in under two accts, with multiple dvds, games mixed in w/ EA. They STILL caught on. I didn't just trade in like one copy of EA at a time.
It's okay, I'm being more careful since BF got banned from the FYEs, I'm limiting mine to one copy per store at least in the beginning...:whistle2:#

[quote name='partygirlie21']Whoa! Blockbuster or Gamerush? There are no Gamerushes near me...[/QUOTE]

I checked at Blockbuster ( a corporate store) tonight and it was still $36 in store credit. I assume it should be the same for Gamerush as well.

See, if I knew my BB's would give me $36 a pop, I'd probably buy 2-4 copies of the game too and dump them off on them. But, I'd try and do it quickly, since you never know when that price will drop to a stupidly low level.

That's my plan, I just gotta find some "creative" ways to get Enchanted Arms copies. From reading the blockbuster/gamerush thread on this board, I get the impression that Blockbuster updates their trade in values once at the start of the week.

I think I also saw Simpsons season 10, but I coulda sworn that's not supposed to come out until the 12th.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']That's my plan, I just gotta find some "creative" ways to get Enchanted Arms copies. From reading the blockbuster/gamerush thread on this board, I get the impression that Blockbuster updates their trade in values once at the start of the week.

I think I also saw Simpsons season 10, but I coulda sworn that's not supposed to come out until the 12th.[/quote]

We have probably close to 7-8 BB stores round here, but NO Gamerush stores. Funny part is, one game I got super cheap at a CC clearance or something(Galleon for Xbox) was trading in for around $16-20 at one point.

I only paid round $4-5 for it, so it was a no brainer to trade that in. But, trading in multiple copies of the same game, at different stores is truly risky since I'm sure they keep track of your trading history.

Then again, I must've traded 10 copies of Powerdrome Racing for PS2 to FYE with no backlash, so it all depends I suppose. Plus, I didn't hit the same store twice in one week, but maybe once every week till they told me they were overstocked.

THAT is how to do it, keep dropping copies, but CHECK the value BEFORE opening those games up, so you don't end up stuck.

Back in the days of the Trade 3 or more games Get $5 bonus per game days, people raped the hell out of Gamerush.

The Trade 3 deal happened everytime there was a great clearance at TRU or CC, games that TRU/CC sold for $8-9 traded for $28-35 @ GR. I used to turn $200 to $500 in one trip (and i did that about 3 times); supposedly some people got banned for raking in too much (if i was able to scoot buy with $1,500; i wonder what they consider 'too much').

[quote name='partygirlie21']So regular blockbusters take trade ins on video games?[/quote]

The one closest to me did, though I'm not sure anymore, since I think many of their unopened traded games ended up having to be clearanced not too long ago because they weren't selling at the prices they wanted for them.

I'll double check though and if they still do, I may swap in a couple games if I can find them cheap enough. I know I tried the Halo Triple Pack just before I traded em into FYE for the 45% extra bonus and they were getting about what I paid originally($12) total. So, I said F that and went to FYE the next day.

UPDATE ON SECONDSPIN.COM
DON'T TRADE TO THEM!!
I inquired why my order suddenly showed up as cancelled.

Thank you for contacting us.

We are not interested in purchasing these particular titles at this
time. They will be returned to you at our expense.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please feel free to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Melody

-----------------------
total fuckers! a big order too. :(
however, I should have known better. I had just placed the order when i saw the post someone else said about beware to trade in there.
Well, there you have it...lesson learned!

ETA: wherehouse took my stuff! YAY!
ea for $27....one less now!

Hm I was referring to FYE, but I didn't know that blockbuster bought back video games... I thought this was only for GameRush? Does non-GameRush blockbusters also buy games?

bread's done
Back