FYE Store - WWE Wrestling Tin Sets $9.99 with rebate.

fairyland

CAGiversary!
First of all, sorry if this was already mentioned, I checked a month's worths of posts and I did not see this sale mentioned.

And yes, I know FYE and the Evil Rebates debate, but this sale seems pretty good enough to point out, as there are a lot of WWE fans out there and this is a great deal on some nice sets. Basically they took 3 old sets, plopped them in a tin and they are on sale for $19.99 or $9.99 after rebate. The sets are:

Legends 1 - Superstar Billy Graham, AWA, Dusty Rhodes Story.
Legends 2 - Jake the Snake, Bret Hart, Brian Pillman.
ECW - One Night Stand, Bloodsport, December to Dismember.
Icons - Hulk Hogan Ultimate Anthology, Mcmahon, Roddy Piper.

WARNING - to collect on this rebate you have to cut the UCP code. Being a TIN BOX, I am not sure how I'll do this. I don't really care about the tin, but dammit, I don't have tin snips to do it...I really wonder if they expect you to cut tin for a rebate.

You don't need to send the actual UPC from the case. On the plastic outside, there will be an FYE sticker that has the exact same UPC on it, and you can peel that off and send that it. I suggest sticking it to a notecard or small piece of paper or something. I just sent the stickers to get rebates for 7 DS games when they had the $10 after rebate for those.

Of course, I sent that in March, and it's still "processing." It's kind of annoying for them to be sitting on $120 they owe me. That being said, I'll look for some of these tins next time I'm at FYE.

this would be a great deal if it wasn't for the fact that I buy all of the WWE docs the day they come out. Do I waste money buying them the day they come out? Some might say so, but I'm too addicted to these DVD's NOT to buy them right away!

I am getting hooked on some of these DVDs. Back when wrestling was watchable and ECW was ECW.

[quote name='Rave Child']You don't need to send the actual UPC from the case. On the plastic outside, there will be an FYE sticker that has the exact same UPC on it, and you can peel that off and send that it. I suggest sticking it to a notecard or small piece of paper or something. I just sent the stickers to get rebates for 7 DS games when they had the $10 after rebate for those.

Of course, I sent that in March, and it's still "processing." It's kind of annoying for them to be sitting on $120 they owe me. That being said, I'll look for some of these tins next time I'm at FYE.[/QUOTE]

Hi, are you sure about the UCP? I was thinking of returning it back as I don't think I could get that UCP off of the tin without cutting myself open in the process. Also, I am a little upset at myself, as I bought the Icons set as I could not remember if I had the Hogan one or not and of course I did. Of course I had the Hogan ones. In fact, I had 2 of the 3 sets in each tin. I was suffering from a $835 car repair bill shock and I needed to buy something at FYE to ease the blow and I really wanted that piper set. I'll probably half.com the McMoron and Hogan sets and hope for the best on the rebate.

If anyone is interested in just Bret Hart, I've seen many Wal-Mart's in the STL area still carry that DVD set for $15.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If anyone is interested in just Bret Hart, I've seen many Wal-Mart's in the STL area still carry that DVD set for $15.[/quote]

In addition to the Bret Hart set, I've seen the Brian Pillman set show up at a couple wal marts as well for only 15 bucks.

Pretty cool. I'm heading to FYE next week, so I'll probably pick up the two Legends collections. Already have the Hart set, but I figure I can flip mine to Hastings anyway. Very interested in picking up the Pillman and AWA sets for that price...even if it is by way of a stupid rebate!

Thanks for the info, but

WARNING: the procedure you shared is not true.

[quote name='fairyland']

WARNING - to collect on this rebate you have to cut the UCP code. Being a TIN BOX, I am not sure how I'll do this. I don't really care about the tin, but dammit, I don't have tin snips to do it...I really wonder if they expect you to cut tin for a rebate.[/quote]

You just have to provide the "price sticker" as an alternative to the UPC barcode.

These are definitely worth the price. I already had all of the dvds except the ones in the th Dusty Rodes set. Ironically didnt own a single dvd in that set...yet own all the other dvds in the other sets. I ended up picking it up. Havent watched any of the dvds yet though. I have a huge dvd watching list to take care of. lol. Unfortunatley for me I threw away the receipt after thinking the same thing as the OP. How the hell am I supposed to mail in a tin upc?

$20 is still a steal though. I almost bought the Dusty set when it first came out. So its like getting the other 2 dvds for free.

:)

[quote name='bullsrfive']Oh shit the Legends 2 tin set is soo worth it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, no kidding. It almost makes up for the complete rubbish that WWECW one is unless it's One Night Stand 2006, then it's totally justifiable.

That's messed up, one the one tin for ICONS, it has McMahon right dead in the front with Hogan and Piper behind him.

I stopped by the FYE in Woodbridge Mall in Woodbridge,NJ and the box sets were either marked $35 or on had a sticker on them for $30 on sale....

Does anyone know if this deal is available at the Quaker Bridge Mall in Central Jersey?

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']I stopped by the FYE in Woodbridge Mall in Woodbridge,NJ and the box sets were either marked $35 or on had a sticker on them for $30 on sale....[/quote]

Did the "Stickers" Intimidated you? or you didnt asked the associate / store manager check if it comes with a rebate once checked out?

[quote name='MSUHitman']If anyone is interested in just Bret Hart, I've seen many Wal-Mart's in the STL area still carry that DVD set for $15.[/QUOTE]

The FYE deal with it also having Jake The Snake Roberts and Brian Pillman is worth it however. Those two are excellent alongside Bret's set.

As others have said, for FYE rebates, you can use the price sticker, because it has the UPC on there. When I bought the 360 HD-DVD drive on clearance some time ago, they had a rebate, but the five free HD-DVD send-away was also still active. So, I sent the box's UPC in for the movies, and the price sticker for the FYE rebate.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Are the full DVD packages in the tin, or just the discs?[/quote]

I'm 99% sure the full DVD packages are included in these. FYE is well known for their oversized WWE packaging tins for PPVs, but all it really is is just a special tin housing the normal DVD release (which also includes the normal DVD case).

This should be no different. I've looked at the sets before, and they're pretty darn heavy and thick, which would indicate to me that the sets are the retail releases just packaged together.

I went to Quaker Bridge Mall in NJ and used a 25% off coupon (from a Justforkids coupon book) and stacked their backstage pass trial (another 10% off) to get one of the sets for $13.50 (or $3.50 after rebate).

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Are the full DVD packages in the tin, or just the discs?[/QUOTE]

I just bought 3 of the sets and all of the original DVD packages are in the tins.

Just a second (good) update for those of us looking to buy it without coupons and stuff:

I went to my local FYE and was quite taken aback by the $35.99 price tag. However, the one tin I had (Legends 1) rang up as on sale for $19.99, and the rebate is for $10. The rebate was good until 7/13/09, so there's a good shot they will stick at this price point until then!

This is not only a good deal in the long run, but the sale price doesn't sting too much in the short term, either!

[quote name='theego204']Just a second (good) update for those of us looking to buy it without coupons and stuff:

I went to my local FYE and was quite taken aback by the $35.99 price tag. However, the one tin I had (Legends 1) rang up as on sale for $19.99, and the rebate is for $10. The rebate was good until 7/13/09, so there's a good shot they will stick at this price point until then!

This is not only a good deal in the long run, but the sale price doesn't sting too much in the short term, either![/QUOTE]

Yikes, I bought one today and I didn't get a rebate form. So I have to go back. The guy said "oh it's probably in the tin." but it wasn't.

But the sign is up for the rebate--but it expired a month ago? Woops... Do they need to honor that since it's hanging up in the store still?

Just state your case to the manager and he should be giving the money back to you. I myself had to point out signs on the FYE wall to get discounts and the manager had to over ride the sale to honor it. I never had a situation like yours, but I've read someone else that had rebate troubles and manager just took the money out of the till for him. You should get the difference back as the signs was very old (my images in the first post shows no expiration date) and the clerk was clueless, both of which is not your fault. If he does not satisfy you then ask to speak to his district manager and that should be enough to get your way, but I doubt it'll go that far as for only a few dollars they don't really care to make a big deal about it.

[quote name='fairyland']Just state your case to the manager and he should be giving the money back to you. I myself had to point out signs on the FYE wall to get discounts and the manager had to over ride the sale to honor it. I never had a situation like yours, but I've read someone else that had rebate troubles and manager just took the money out of the till for him. You should get the difference back as the signs was very old (my images in the first post shows no expiration date) and the clerk was clueless, both of which is not your fault. If he does not satisfy you then ask to speak to his district manager and that should be enough to get your way, but I doubt it'll go that far as for only a few dollars they don't really care to make a big deal about it.[/QUOTE]

I went back, went to the exact cashier. He's like, "hey, you were here earlier." I said, "yeahhhh, the rebate wasn't in the tin."

so he gave me the correct prcie... AND he let me purchase Legends vol 1 and the Icons set for $9.99 each, too! hahahahaha

Love it!

I wish they had the ECW set!! :(

[quote name='LIBERT4D']I went back, went to the exact cashier. He's like, "hey, you were here earlier." I said, "yeahhhh, the rebate wasn't in the tin."

so he gave me the correct prcie... AND he let me purchase Legends vol 1 and the Icons set for $9.99 each, too! hahahahaha

Love it!

I wish they had the ECW set!! :([/QUOTE]

sweet deal. Enjoy the dvds.

For those prices, I had to get all four... Despite having a few of the discs already, but after selling the extras it took care of the final cost after rebates

the rebate came in pretty quickly too.

bread's done
Back