Fye Trade 4 Get One Is Back!!!

aliberry5983

CAG Veteran
Went in to fye today and they said that the dealk is back on through the 30th of october .Good olso for ps2 gameqube 360,psp.and dvds.let me know if you were able to get them to do it becouse some stores are saying yes and some stores are saying no.But I did see the flyers.the employees are really ill informed about everything,so if they sayno call coorperate and ask.could be ymmv,Good luck!

ick, of the 4 stores near me, 2 wont answer their phones, one says its only for DVDs, and the last one put the clamp down (trade-ins must be worth at least $3, and you can only get a game $29.99 or less).

This deal is more work that it's worth. It could be a good deal, but the heavy YMMV aspect ruins it and there arent many current-gen games carried by FYE that are worth owning.... RE4 is the only one I can think of on PS2, and thats gonna be a GH next month...

Traded in the following today

PS2

Gran Turismo 3 ($3.59 at EB)
AirBlade ($3.59 @ EB)
NFL 2K5 ($2.65 @ EB)
Smuggler's Run ($2.65 @ EB)
Madden 06 XBOX
NASCAR 05 XBOX ($2 @ KMART)

[quote name='rcaido']How do you know which are penny games? Can some someone make a list of penny games[/quote]

penny games i believe will be on their system automatically. i dont think it varies store by store, its through the entire system. the only thing im not too sure of is that if coconuts, sam goody, or FYE shares the same database. probably not since you cant return from 1 store (ie FYE) to a different (ie coconuts). search for the previous post for the same exact deal and youll see the games that's pennied.

also each store will only take in certain number copies of a game. If they got too many they wont take them.

[quote name='62t']called two fye and both said the deal ended, how do i get them to look up for the deal?[/quote]

pooky did mention the fye by him didnt even have the signs up, so they are probably not even informed. the idiot u talked to probably thought you were talking about the other deal that ended weeks ago.

The store near my house let me trade the outfit and NBA live 06 for whatever 360 game on the shelf, my son wanted madden 07 so I just took that. The girl said that the offer just came out today and the only restriction she knew about was that the disc couldn't be scratched. I got a couple of other cheap games I might try to trade in. Good luck !

People this will be the second time I take advantage of the deal.The employees are retarted and they do not even know how to ring things up .If they deny you for whatever ,CALL THE COORPERATION OR ASK FOR THE NUMBER.They have to honor this it is not a ymmv .this is national to my understanding do not take no for an anser .Then they are subect to false advertisement.Then you must contact the BBB.

called two fye and both said the deal ended, how do i get them to look up for the deal?
Ask them politely if there are any new promotions that might not be advertised, and they should look it up.

That being said, does anyone's FYE stock any worthwhile PS2 games? My store was picked clean, so looking for ideas for games to look up.

I already got Yakuza, Valkyrie Profile 2 and MGS3: Subsistence. They did not SMT: Devil Summoner, Xenosaga 3, Okami or Tales of the Abyss. Bummer.

I just checked the stock through Gamestop.com's website and their are 18 games for ps2 used that are 2.99 or less. Since my FYE is 2-3 minutes from my Gamestop I will pick up these games and bring them to FYE, if the register denies some because they are pennied out I will just bring them back to Gamestop. Hopefully I'll be leaving with some good PS2 games today.

[quote name='cyberlian']will the 06 sports games for 360 trade 2 for 1[/quote]

It did at my FYE, she said anything that wasn't scratched

[quote name='62t']called two fye and both said the deal ended, how do i get them to look up for the deal?[/quote]

The deal just started yesterday(according to my FYE) how could it be over ? Tell them to call the Montebello CA. store to verify, be nice but stern.

[quote name='mrblinG22']Does anyone know if there aare any 360 exclusions? if not, madden 06 and nba live 06 for meeee

but i doubt that will work[/quote]

Worked for me !

[quote name='heatdolphins45']let's say i buy 4 cheap PS2 games at EB and they accept it at F.Y.E. Can I get a PSP Game instead of a PS2 Game?[/quote]
I'm wondering the same. Can you trade in lets say 4 ps2 games and get 1 xbox, gamecube, psp, or ds game?

[quote name='nyprimus4']I'm wondering the same. Can you trade in lets say 4 ps2 games and get 1 xbox, gamecube, psp, or ds game?[/quote]

As stated , oh i dont know - a few times already - YMMV

let's say i buy 4 cheap PS2 games at EB and they accept it at F.Y.E. Can I get a PSP Game instead of a PS2 Game?

As Pookymeister and several others have pointed out, the deal specifically says you cannot. However, most FYEs have their own rules for this deal so the only way to know is to try or ask.

Sweet just got back.

Traded in King Kong and Ridge Racer 6 for Battle for Middle Earth II

and

Madden '06 and Kameo for F.E.A.R (pre-order)

Question, I wanted Lego Star Wars 2 instead of BfME...can I return BfME at a different FYE and get Lego Star Wars? Or no since the receipt says what games I traded in?

[quote name='seanr1221']Sweet just got back.

Traded in King Kong and Ridge Racer 6 for Battle for Middle Earth II

and

Madden '06 and Kameo for F.E.A.R (pre-order)

Question, I wanted Lego Star Wars 2 instead of BfME...can I return BfME at a different FYE and get Lego Star Wars? Or no since the receipt says what games I traded in?[/quote]

FYE is YMMV. I took back DVDs I got from the trade in 4 get 1 deal last time WITH my receipt and they gave me credit for the current price.
I.e. i brought back veronica mars S1 which was 26.99 when i got it, and they gave me $59.99 credit...

Is this deal a go at any atlanta area FYE's, I called a couple and they said they were not running any specials and that they didn't have the 360 2 for 1 anymore.

I was at FYE this afternoon in Ohio and they had the signs up. trade four get one free on what appears to be everything except xbox 1 stuff and trade 2 get one free on 360 stuff. It was the exact same sign from the last time they ran this deal.

Also, they have sort of a blah deal on used stuff where you buy 2 used items and get the third for half price on games, dvds and cds.

Just as a tip for people also, if you want to know fye trade values head over to wherehouse.com. They both belong to the same parent company, Trans World.

Irishsoccer those worked last time. And it should work at other stores, Suncoast, GoodGus, etc. But I myself haven't confirmed it, so it's just an assumption. Give them a call! :)

Does this deal work with pre-orders as well? I got a Wii on reserve at my FYE and this would be freakin' sweet!

Edit: Just talked to a clueless employee and said that the deal will start tomorrow, but that it didn't work for pre-orders. Certainly not enough to deter me, and if worse comes to worse I can go to the EB next door for the $10 extra deal.

Sweet I'm gonna go get me Madden '06 and an $18 game and use my 10% off plus an additional 10% off coupon to get both for a grand total of $26.39!

Then I'll get either:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent or Saint's Row if no preorders are allowed,

or

either Gears of War or Call of Duty 3 if preorders are allowed.

Awesome deal, can't wait!

I love this deal!!!

Picked up 8 more shitty EB games (PowerDrome, NBA 2k5, NCAA 2k5, NFL 2k5, some shitty racing game that I can't remember, GTA 3, GTA VC, and another Gran Turismo 3) and picked up Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Tiger Woods 07(with $10 rebate)

Thanks again OP!!!

Oh, and this was at a NW Indiana FYE store.

OMG this deal is great. Traded in Red Faction, Yanya Caballista: City Skater, Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder, and Tony Hawk 3 and picked up Valkyrie Profile! $14 bucks instead of $50? Yes sir, may I please have another?

Traded in Sega Classics (ps2), Rallisport Challenge (Xbox), NFL Street (Xbox) and Amped (Xbox) and got MK: Armageddon for PS2. Fantastic.

PS2
Scarface
MK

GRAW
Madden 07
Saints row
Just Cause
Dead Rising

I saw that at FYE gonna see if i pick up MK and at least 1 360 game, not sure which though

The promotion is going on there, as i asked on the phone, just took a glance at the selection before i go head strong.

glad to see ppl having luck with this deal. I just have a feeling that this time they (corporate) specified that they don't care whatever game u brought in unless its scratched up. I'm gona try this at the fye at the bronx location I had no success last time.

[quote name='suko_32']Guitar Hero is 89.99 and I doubt you'll get it with the trade in 4 deal....but I wish you the best.[/quote]
Guitar Hero is 69.99, if they do preorders Guitar Hero 2 is 79.99.

I stopped in at a couple FYEs today... it was the worst selection of new games I noticed in all the times Ive been in the stores. They used to at least have a reasonable amount of them. Two stores I went in seriously had less than 10 copies combined for any new release games, and most of them are the 07 sports titles. Was rather disappointed.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Guitar Hero is 69.99, if they do preorders Guitar Hero 2 is 79.99.[/quote]

Either way, it's uhhhh... Good luck and God bless!!!

I went to one in Freeport, L.I. and they had a very crappy policy for determining which games they would and wouldn't accept.

Last night, I went into FYE and the night manager was cool, he let me trade in some seriously bad games and a couple of personal favorites. I traded in NHL 2K5 for Xbox, NBA Inside Drive 2004, the practically unsellable AO version of GTA:SA for Xbox, and Gun also for xbox, and I picked up Mortal Kombat, then I traded in Driver: PL, Simpsons H&R, NBA Live 2006, and Outlaw Golf 2 :ps2: and picked up NBA Live 2007, which I then used to trade in to EB today! Great so far, except here comes the bad part, the manager said that he would let me do the trade in deals for the Xbox version, but he wasn't sure if Xbox was excluded or not, so he'd have to find out today.

So I go back in today, and he's not there, there's a different manager there. She rings my four games up, and when I tell her that I want Scarface, for the Xbox, everything goes down hill from here... She says that it's not out yet, then get's real suspcious... I look at her like she's crazy, she proceeds to call the night manager, he tells her where it is, but then she also asks about the deal he says that "he doesn't know, call the DM." She calls him and says that this isn't for Xbox games... So I ask her to get it for the :ps2: she tells me that they can't mix and match! So I ask her if I can bring in some :ps2: games and pick it up then?

And then she says it the most insane thing that I've heard in a long time. I ask her if there are "any exclusions?"
She goes "yeah, we don't take back games that we already have..."
So I ask "how would I know what games you guys already have? Is there a list or something?"
"Nope, it's pure chance, you bring it in and maybe we'll have or maybe we won't, if we have it though, then we won't take it..."

The truest definition of YMMV!!!

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']Either way, it's uhhhh... Good luck and God bless!!!
She calls him and says that this isn't for Xbox games... [/QUOTE]
So should I not try Xbox games? or is this just a case of a major d-bag manager...

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']So should I not try Xbox games? or is this just a case of a major d-bag manager...[/QUOTE]
you should try, but dont be shock if they dont accept becuse xbox games are not in the original deal.

bread's done
Back