Fye Trade 4 Get One Is Back!!!

aliberry5983

CAG Veteran
Went in to fye today and they said that the dealk is back on through the 30th of october .Good olso for ps2 gameqube 360,psp.and dvds.let me know if you were able to get them to do it becouse some stores are saying yes and some stores are saying no.But I did see the flyers.the employees are really ill informed about everything,so if they sayno call coorperate and ask.could be ymmv,Good luck!

[quote name='harunim']Anyone been to the FYE at IRVINE CA recently??

Do they have decent collection? new releases?

Any problems w/ trade-in / exchange?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

No. No.

Yes. The 360 game can only be $49.99 or less and you can't pay the difference. I love how they make up all these rules...

[quote name='harunim']So whats the exchange policy on FYE?

Would they allow you to switch games after promotion ends??[/QUOTE]
at local fye they do not allow any kiond of exchange.

After at least 72 junk k-mart games traded in..the Gainesville FYE is offically drained from Suko_32 and me.

They did get stricter and stricter each time, after having 8 max payne 2s and such..they said they only will take games that are not a penny or that they only have 1 of.

[quote name='djinni']Yes.

No. No.

Yes. The 360 game can only be $49.99 or less and you can't pay the difference. I love how they make up all these rules...[/quote]

That's really unfortunate, since I traded 4 360 games for 2 SC:DA's last week wihtout any problems. I did go back to trade another 2, but like you said they were only giving back $49.99. They don't have any $49.99 games, which forces you to choose XBLA Unplugged. It burns me that certain managers will change the rules.:hot:

First i went in their with 12 ps2 games to trade in 3 of them rang up as a penny and wouldnt take them. I had the rest ring up for 2.00 or 3.00 and the guy didnt nknow anything about the promotion so he called up a manager. The manager told em that none of these games would qualify since they are4 only worth 2 or 3 dollars each. I brought in Madden and Ridge Ra6 for the 360. She let me trade them in no problem but told me that i could only pick out a game for 39.99 or more. SO i took hitman blood money and left the storer after paying sales tax. Its a shame that they dont have one policy im sick of hearing all these good deals and i cant get any of them. Im calling up transworld entertainement customer service line if i can find the number tommarow and voice my complaints.

Okay I hit up the FYE in Montgomery,AL. The guy working was really cool about it, but didnt know what to do since this was his first transaction from the deal. He goes to the back for about 10 minutes and comes back and says okay get any new game you want. I asked if there was a price limit on the free game and he said no, you can get any new game you want. I brought in 9 games, only would take 4 (because of some scratches, and also would not take Madden 04 or NBA 2k3). So I traded in Turok Evolution, Auto modellista, Power Drome, and Onimusha Warlords and i got the last copy of Bully on the shelf. I only had to pay the tax ($4.xx). He was really helpful and I wish there had been a Guitar Hero there. Would be nice to get that for just the tax. But their selection is pretty weak now, there are a couple of KH2, a couple of FF7:DOC and a stack of Scarface for anyone interested. I'm glad I got Bully though!

[quote name='facemeat']Anyone know what games they take, because I have a couple cheap games I was gonna trade in with this deal.[/quote]

Well my store said anything. Then Madden 2004 and NBA 2k3 rang up for either a penny or out of the system or something. If you have old sports games it will be a strecth getting them to take them, but Im sure somebody has had success with that. What games are you thinking of trading in?

[quote name='averageguy']First i went in their with 12 ps2 games to trade in 3 of them rang up as a penny and wouldnt take them. I had the rest ring up for 2.00 or 3.00 and the guy didnt nknow anything about the promotion so he called up a manager. The manager told em that none of these games would qualify since they are4 only worth 2 or 3 dollars each. I brought in Madden and Ridge Ra6 for the 360. She let me trade them in no problem but told me that i could only pick out a game for 39.99 or more. SO i took hitman blood money and left the storer after paying sales tax. Its a shame that they dont have one policy im sick of hearing all these good deals and i cant get any of them. Im calling up transworld entertainement customer service line if i can find the number tommarow and voice my complaints.[/quote]

Yeah get clarification from a higher up, and then go back and rub it in their face to get your games. Where the hell does it say the 4 games have to be worth at least $x.xx to be eligible? You are getting screwed, and I wouldnt give up until you get your games. Power Drome and Onimusha Warlords both showed up as $1.00 trades when I went in and the guy had no problems whatsoever.

[quote name='jah2004']Well my store said anything. Then Madden 2004 and NBA 2k3 rang up for either a penny or out of the system or something. If you have old sports games it will be a strecth getting them to take them, but Im sure somebody has had success with that. What games are you thinking of trading in?[/quote]

Sports wise, they took my ESPN 2k4 baseball, basketball, and football - hockey rang up a penny.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']According to the OP this deal ends Oct. 30. Is this confirmed?[/quote]

I can confirm this cause when I went to the one I traded in in the Bronx the manager read it in front of me and I read it over her shoulder, it said Oct 12 - Nov 1. So it's actually 2 days more than the OP said, so hurry and get ya stuff done people!

I wish my store would get some good stuff in before Nov.1 (I'm looking at you Devil Summoner, Okami, anything!). Doubt thats gonna happen but I got 1 good game out of this.

[quote name='jah2004']Well my store said anything. Then Madden 2004 and NBA 2k3 rang up for either a penny or out of the system or something. If you have old sports games it will be a strecth getting them to take them, but Im sure somebody has had success with that. What games are you thinking of trading in?[/quote]
Red Faction, Unreal Tourament, Max Payne 2, Def Jam Vendetta, all PS2.

[quote name='jah2004']Okay I hit up the FYE in Montgomery,AL. The guy working was really cool about it, but didnt know what to do since this was his first transaction from the deal. He goes to the back for about 10 minutes and comes back and says okay get any new game you want. I asked if there was a price limit on the free game and he said no, you can get any new game you want. I brought in 9 games, only would take 4 (because of some scratches, and also would not take Madden 04 or NBA 2k3). So I traded in Turok Evolution, Auto modellista, Power Drome, and Onimusha Warlords and i got the last copy of Bully on the shelf. I only had to pay the tax ($4.xx). He was really helpful and I wish there had been a Guitar Hero there. Would be nice to get that for just the tax. But their selection is pretty weak now, there are a couple of KH2, a couple of FF7:DOC and a stack of Scarface for anyone interested. I'm glad I got Bully though![/QUOTE]

Holy shit... I wonder if they're allowing 360 games as well. Did they happen to mention 360 inclusions on this?

[quote name='Skylander7']Holy shit... I wonder if they're allowing 360 games as well. Did they happen to mention 360 inclusions on this?[/quote]

Well I didnt try (as I don't own a 360), but the sign is clear right before you enter the store. It says 2 for 1 new game for X360. Now go get you a new game! I'm serious though, the guy that was there was really cool. Dont know if he was the manager or not but he had no problem in giving me my game for the 4 I brought in. Apparently I was the first he has encountered to try this, because at first he was just gonna look each games value up and give me store credit. I told him it was 4 used for 1 free and he did not care which new game I got. Now that I think about it I am going to go back and try to get another Kingdom Hearts 2 or maybe even Scarface (would this be a good choice anybody?).

I got six games I wanted the other day (See page 17 for details)

Called today and asked if Phantasy Star Universe was in, same guy I dealt with the other day, Bill said Yes.

Went in, went to grab it off the shelf, he said he had it behind the counter for me, (knew it was me on the phone) took my four games and rang em up without even looking upthe discs.

So:
Robotech: Battlecry
Tony Hawk Underground
Silpheed
Yokyo Extreme Racer 2

For:
Phantasy Star Universe

Then I went over to EB cancelled my preorder for PSU, got 3 DVDs and $32 in store credit. Sweet!!

Around central MA (Auburn/Millbury) the FYEs wouldn't do it. The manager in Auburn offered me trade 3 of old 2006 360 sports games for a new game. I refused.

Pissed me off.

Tried to get the store in Fairless Hills, PA to work the deal. The guy had the flyers for trading DVDs but said the game deal had ended. So the trade 4 was a no-go. Willow Grove is next.

I've been falling behind my my CAGing but what can you trade in? Only video games or DVD's as well since the OP mentioned it but wasnt really that clear to me.

[quote name='crazyj']I've been falling behind my my CAGing but what can you trade in? Only video games or DVD's as well since the OP mentioned it but wasnt really that clear to me.[/quote]

All systems except Xbox. Trade 4 (ps2, gc), get 1 free (under $39.99) and trade 2 (360), get 1 free (price limits are very YMMV).

This gets my vote for deal of the year. Just cleaned up AGAIN!

Traded Tiger Woods 06 (360) and Ridge Racer (360) for Marvel Ultimate Allianace (360).
Traded Madden 06 (360) and College Hoops 2K6 (360) for Splinter Cell: DA LIMITED EDITION.
Traded NBA 06 (PSP), Fur Fighters (PS2), Ace Combat 5 (PS2) and Rise to Honor (PS2) for Bully (PS2).

And, not only did they not charge me the difference for the two 360 games, the guy actually gave me a penny back on on PS2 trade!

[quote name='thebob101']All systems except Xbox. Trade 4 (ps2, gc), get 1 free (under $39.99) and trade 2 (360), get 1 free (price limits are very YMMV).[/QUOTE]
It's YMMV on trading in Xbox games, as I was able to do it.

[quote name='djinni']It's YMMV on trading in Xbox games, as I was able to do it.[/QUOTE]

I was able to trade XBOX games as well about a week ago.

Yeah, cashier that did not read the promotion carefully will likely take Xbox games, I've gone two (out of three) trades with xbox games. A few other factors are YMMV too: like the price limit of trade in games, I've traded in games into one FYE when they have been rejected by another FYE; the $39.99 limit, I've had problems in one store and not another; the need to trade in "4 of a kind for the same kind": e.g. 4 PS2 for a PS2 game, etc.

I have also traded in a PS2 game call "Lord of the Rings: the two towers" but they somehow scaned it in as a movies DVD. So I'd say it is possible (though probably YMMV) to trade in movie DVD as well as games.

Good luck.

I'm on the phone with my store now..

Me: "Hey, I have a couple questions.. first would be if you have Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 360 in stock, and the second is if you can trade 4 PS2 games to get a 360 game, or if you can mix and match games to have 4?"
Clerk: "Hold on for a sec.. lemme check.."
3 minute pause...
Clerk: "What game was it you were looking for?"
Me: "Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 360"
Clerk: "Nah man.. we don't have that in stock"
Me: "Would you happen to know when you'll get it in?"
Clerk: "Hold on for a sec.. it says on Oct. 25th"
Me: "Yeah, it came out a couple days ago.. would you happen to know when it will come in?"
Clerk: "Oh yeah.. umm.. I don't know, a week or two. There's no real set date on when we get new release games."
Me: "Alright, my second question is if you can mix and match, or trade 4 to get a 360 game, etc."
Clerk: "Yeah, lemme check on that real quick."
5 minute pause, some lame ass R&B song in the background... typical Beyonce sounding stuff
Clerk: "Oh man, my bad.. I got caught up in the register. What did you want again?"
Me: "Trading 4 for a 360 game, or what games can be traded."
Clerk: "Oh yeah, lemme check on that real quick."
3 minute pause..
Clerk: "No sir, has to be same system. We aren't doing Xbox games for the deal either."
Me: "Alright man, thanks."

Damn.. no luck. What in the hell though.. new games come in 2 weeks after release, and "I was caught up inside my register"?? What was he doing, swiping a $20 for a taco in the food court?

Montgomery incompetence... believe it!

Some jackhammer told me that they don't except games they already have in stock used... is this actually true? Does each individual store have the right to make their own trade in exceptions?

[quote name='Skylander7']I'm on the phone with my store now..

Me: "Hey, I have a couple questions.. first would be if you have Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 360 in stock, and the second is if you can trade 4 PS2 games to get a 360 game, or if you can mix and match games to have 4?"
Clerk: "Hold on for a sec.. lemme check.."
3 minute pause...
Clerk: "What game was it you were looking for?"
Me: "Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 360"
Clerk: "Nah man.. we don't have that in stock"
Me: "Would you happen to know when you'll get it in?"
Clerk: "Hold on for a sec.. it says on Oct. 25th"
Me: "Yeah, it came out a couple days ago.. would you happen to know when it will come in?"
Clerk: "Oh yeah.. umm.. I don't know, a week or two. There's no real set date on when we get new release games."
Me: "Alright, my second question is if you can mix and match, or trade 4 to get a 360 game, etc."
Clerk: "Yeah, lemme check on that real quick."
5 minute pause, some lame ass R&B song in the background... typical Beyonce sounding stuff
Clerk: "Oh man, my bad.. I got caught up in the register. What did you want again?"
Me: "Trading 4 for a 360 game, or what games can be traded."
Clerk: "Oh yeah, lemme check on that real quick."
3 minute pause..
Clerk: "No sir, has to be same system. We aren't doing Xbox games for the deal either."
Me: "Alright man, thanks."

Damn.. no luck. What in the hell though.. new games come in 2 weeks after release, and "I was caught up inside my register"?? What was he doing, swiping a $20 for a taco in the food court?

Montgomery incompetence... believe it![/quote] That employee might be incompetent but you'd expect a trade 4 PS2 for a 360 game? Get real, man. People already have tough time gettting trade 2 X360 get 1 free.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']That employee might be incompetent but you'd expect a trade 4 PS2 for a 360 game? Get real, man. People already have tough time gettting trade 2 X360 get 1 free.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Also sometimes you do get caught up at the register, its happend to me plenty of times when i worked in retail

I will say this: I have had success trading at FYE — but only when I get a competent employee (which has been about 50/50). On more than one occasion, I have asked for games that I didn't see on the shelves. On more than one occasion, the cashier — without checking in their system — told me to go to EB Games. Once, I was looking for Tiger Woods 07. They told me they had one but didn't know where it was. I asked the guy to look in the stack right by his register, and lo and behold, it was there. I've also had cashiers who had no idea the trade deal was going on and didn't know how to do it once I showed them the sign. I had one manager tell me my BRAND NEW College Hoops (360) was too scratched. On the other end of the spectrum, I've had cashiers accept my trades without even checking to see if the discs were in their cases. The quality control at FYE is ridiculous; so today when I actually got a cool, smart cashier, I traded everything I had with me.

This deal is pretty sweet. We went to EB, got 2 College Hoops 2k6, 2 Ridge Racer 6, a Madden 06, and a NHL2k6 and flipped them into Prey LE, SC:DA LE, and Oblivion: LE.

$70 (thanks to EBs B2G1F used) invested for $210 worth of games. Thanks FYE for being so, so stupid.

Great deal indeed, as long as you can find a store that'll let that $40 or less thing slide. Out of 4 stores, only one would play ball, but they let us go wild on it.

[quote name='lyric706']I will say this: I have had success trading at FYE — but only when I get a competent employee (which has been about 50/50). On more than one occasion, I have asked for games that I didn't see on the shelves. On more than one occasion, the cashier — without checking in their system — told me to go to EB Games. Once, I was looking for Tiger Woods 07. They told me they had one but didn't know where it was. I asked the guy to look in the stack right by his register, and lo and behold, it was there. I've also had cashiers who had no idea the trade deal was going on and didn't know how to do it once I showed them the sign. I had one manager tell me my BRAND NEW College Hoops (360) was too scratched. On the other end of the spectrum, I've had cashiers accept my trades without even checking to see if the discs were in their cases. The quality control at FYE is ridiculous; so today when I actually got a cool, smart cashier, I traded everything I had with me.[/QUOTE]

hey which FYE are you going to

I went to a diffent Fye today and struck it rich after trading in 2 360 games and only getting a 39.99 game which was Hitman blood money.

I traded in Nhl 2k6
Nba 2k6
nhl2k6
madden 2k6 for

Marvel and Splinter cell no special edition just had to pay 10.50 in sales tax

Traded in 12 ps2 games for 3 copies of splinter cell for ps2 i took the most exepsnvie game they had for 49.99 so i can flip them for a few Wii games or for store credit

I traded in
Powerdrome
Ford Racing 2
Minority Report
Warrior Might magic
Gran Turismo3
Red faction
Motor Mayhem
Driven
Johnny Mosley Mad Trix
Driven
Max Payne 2 and 1

[quote name='Maxim726X']Some jackhammer told me that they don't except games they already have in stock used... is this actually true? Does each individual store have the right to make their own trade in exceptions?[/quote]

Every store basically makes up their own restrictions, this deal is very YMMV.

Yeah, getting caught up in the register is a real bitch. Ever try and get your head into a register? Let alone, get it out to talk with you on the phone. Whew, get alot of lube.

[quote name='onikage']Every store basically makes up their own restrictions, this deal is very YMMV.[/quote]

100% agree, my store won't do trade in's on the weekends. Most stores make up their own rules. Call Nick @ Worldwide!

Heres what I traded in today:

PS2:
ESPN College Hoops 2k5
ESPN NFL 2k5
ESPN NHL 2k5
Splashdown 2: Rides Gone Wild
SSX 3
Twisted Metal Black
GTA 3
MVP Baseball 04 (couldn't believe)

Got: Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Tiger Woods 07. Tiger is going to be exchanged towards Guitar Hero 2 hopefully and I'm not sure about MUA. I want to play it but I want GH2.

Also had that worked:
PS2- Hot Shots Golf Fore
Need for Speed Underground
Didn't work- ATV Offroad Fury 2

After that I went over to EB and picked up Power Drome, ESPN NBA 2k5, and XIII. Power Drome worked but NBA and XIII didn't. I couldn't believe NBA didn't work after taking 3 other ESPN 2k5s.

Went back to EB and exchanged for NCAA Football 2005 and NBA Live 2005. Neither of these didn't work. I couldn't believe these didn't work but MVP 2004 did. After that I gave up because I was tired off trying and my girlfriend was getting pissed off waiting.

Side note: The guy didn't even check the condition of the disc. I was surprised after hearing they are anal about the condition.

fucking idiot FYE employee's! I called to see if the deal was going on today (twice) and both times got a "yes", so I drive an hour to trade in 4 360 games. After pulling out the games and telling him about the trade in deal, the dumb ass dude said that they had no such promotion. I told him that I called this same store earlier in the day and it was running through the 30th. He looks around the counter and brings back a flyer for the dvd trade in deal and says that it was the only promotion they had going on. I then asked for corporate's number. I call the number just to find out that the office was closed (it was 6:02.) After that, I went back in the store and asked if there was a manager on duty and the orginial idiot I had delt with was indeed the manager on duty. fucking retards

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']That employee might be incompetent but you'd expect a trade 4 PS2 for a 360 game? Get real, man. People already have tough time gettting trade 2 X360 get 1 free.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't expect it.. that was the gamble. However.. I would expect to call and have two questions answered within 10 minutes, minus a 7 minute hold time and not bullshitting with somebody else about his plans for the evening while putting the phone down instead of placing it on hold. Maybe I should've been a little more descriptive, but I knew the trade 4 for a 360 game was a longshot.. that's why I called :)

[quote name='Skylander7']No, I didn't expect it.. that was the gamble. However.. I would expect to call and have two questions answered within 10 minutes, minus a 7 minute hold time and not bullshitting with somebody else about his plans for the evening while putting the phone down instead of placing it on hold. Maybe I should've been a little more descriptive, but I knew the trade 4 for a 360 game was a longshot.. that's why I called :)[/quote]

So are you gonna try to trade anything in or were you just looking for Ultimate Alliance? I wasnt sure but I didnt think they had that. The PS2 pickins were slim as well, though I might go back Monday and get me a Scarface for 4 crap PS2 games. Whoever you got stuck with sounds like an idiot.

For any Tampa Bay CAGs, I've been going to the Tyrone location for my deals. I also hit up the Bradenton location at DeSoto Square. There's isn't much left at Tyrone. I think they had one Bully and some new Mortal Kombats for PS2. Absolutely nothing for 360.

I would suggest asking what they have behind the counter in terms of new games. There was nothing but crap on the shelves but behind the counter they had a bunch of new games.

Thanks to the help of Frank784 in finding it, the local FYE had no issues giving me the deal. I even made out a little better than expected, since they had something stickered $10 more than what was in the computer, and the guy figured out the trade values based on that - so I saved $10 in tax.

Traded (all from either GameRush or EB):
:360:
College Hoops 2K6
NBA 2K6
Madden NFL 06
Full Auto
Ridge Racer 6
NBA Live 06
:ps2:
Project Eden
Mad Maestro
The Getaway
Max Payne 2

Picked up:
:360:
Madden 07 HOF
Ninety-Nine Nights
Phantasy Star Universe
:ps2:
Scarface CE

So, I after translating GR/EB credit back into 'real' money, I paid less than $40 to pick up $230 in games - and I have $30 worth of rebates to fill out after that. Best ten bucks I ever spent. :applause:

man i think im done with this promo. its way too ymmv for me. brought in 6 360 games ready to get splinter cell, marvel ultimate alliance and whatever else they had. was told that my full auto didn't quality because they would have to raise the credit too much. whatever that means. can't believe they would take madden 2006 or nba live 06 over that game. so now im stuck with a 2k6 sports game and full auto. on top of that they didn't have marvel and the guy wouldn't let me get splinter cell cause all they had was a used copy for 49.99. said the promo was only for new games.

bread's done
Back