Fye Trade 4 Get One Is Back!!!

aliberry5983

CAG Veteran
Went in to fye today and they said that the dealk is back on through the 30th of october .Good olso for ps2 gameqube 360,psp.and dvds.let me know if you were able to get them to do it becouse some stores are saying yes and some stores are saying no.But I did see the flyers.the employees are really ill informed about everything,so if they sayno call coorperate and ask.could be ymmv,Good luck!

I just think that it is funny that a particular game could be rejected at one FYEs and then accepted at another. Madden 04 being the game, for me. Anyhow, as good as the deal is...I only raped them to a certain extent. Chances are I won't even play a few of these games until they hit the $20 GH price point or the $30 PH price point...sadly.

[quote name='lurknomore']I just think that it is funny that a particular game could be rejected at one FYEs and then accepted at another. Madden 04 being the game, for me. Anyhow, as good as the deal is...I only raped them to a certain extent. Chances are I won't even play a few of these games until they hit the $20 GH price point or the $30 PH price point...sadly.[/quote]

How did the Wheaton store go?

[quote name='thebob101']How did the Wheaton store go?[/QUOTE]

I posted in the regional section....but the Wheaton store took everything and then some. They had a great selection, too. Just had to ask, just like you said. Thanks thebob101

This has been my favorite deal of the year. I didn't take advantage of it to the extent that a lot of people did, but I did get my 2 most wanted newly released games (Okami, Marvel Ultimate Alliance) in exchange for a lot of deadwood that was just clogging up my game space and collecting dust.

I get a kick out of reading the stories of people buying filler from EB, swapping them in for new games to be exchanged unopened later for other games, or traded in for store credit toward a console. I'm just not that motivated myself, but hats off to anyone who puts in the time and effort to save themselves a bunch of money on a Wii or 360 or whatever.

Yeah, it was kind of fun doing this.

I got 4 NHL2k6 from CUSA plus 4 Madden 2k6 games from EBgames plus had to add some cash because my FYE had a limit of $49.99 per game according to one manager then changed to $44.99 for another manager, but basically ended up spending $140 for two Ulimate Alliances, one Splinter Cell DA and one Lego SW2. So, $140 for $230 worth of XBox360 games. Not too bad.

Just scored at the FYE at the Galleria in Addison, TX. I got Bully and FF 12 both new.

Traded:

Astro Boy
ej Clubworld
Tiger Woods 2002
Max Payne
Spyhunter
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Rygar
GTA 3

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']FYE deal ends tomorrow. Today is the last chance.[/quote]

If it ends tomorrow, wouldnt tomorrow be the last chance?

[quote name='Danimal']This has been my favorite deal of the year. I didn't take advantage of it to the extent that a lot of people did, but I did get my 2 most wanted newly released games (Okami, Marvel Ultimate Alliance) in exchange for a lot of deadwood that was just clogging up my game space and collecting dust.

I get a kick out of reading the stories of people buying filler from EB, swapping them in for new games to be exchanged unopened later for other games, or traded in for store credit toward a console. I'm just not that motivated myself, but hats off to anyone who puts in the time and effort to save themselves a bunch of money on a Wii or 360 or whatever.[/quote]

Is there a place that will give you store credit for unopened games if you didn't buy them there ? ( I mean legally) I have some unopened games

On the last day of the sale (today) we stopped off at Compusa to pick up two
360 games for 14.99 each then -20%. Next, stopped at Sam Goodie and picked
up the last copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 360 for about $25 and some
gas! What a great sale! I managed to get ten new 360 games for about $200 over the last month not bad at all if you include all the ones I picked up with the Gamestop buy 2 get one free! WOO Hooo!:)

Picked up F.E.A.R. this morning, going back again after class for Final Fantasy 12

I might pick up 1 or 2 360 games not sure, ill also check about preorders since today is my last shot :whistle2:(

Im really really REALLY going to miss this deal

Has anyone been to the Irvine, CA (Irvine Spectrum) location lately? Wondering if its worth the 30min trip down to try to get rid of some games. Also I have a game without a UPC code, will they take it? Should I remove it from the jacket?

[quote name='thebob101']Has the deal ended? I thought it ran until Oct. 31.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly it goes till today. But it can be YMMV at this point.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Has anyone been to the Irvine, CA (Irvine Spectrum) location lately? Wondering if its worth the 30min trip down to try to get rid of some games. Also I have a game without a UPC code, will they take it? Should I remove it from the jacket?[/QUOTE]
Not really. I was there last night. The 4 for 1 is only worth a game that they sell for less than $40. The 2 for 1 is only worth a game that they sell for less than $50. The worst part is that you can't pay the difference. So, although they had FF XII and MUA 360, I had to settle for Lego SW Trilogy and Just Cause (I have no idea what this game is about). It was sad..., and be sure to bring a lot of extra games. The game has to be worth more than $1. I had a bunch of games ringing up as $1 exactly that they wouldn't take.

[quote name='djinni']Not really. I was there last night. The 4 for 1 is only worth a game that they sell for less than $40. The 2 for 1 is only worth a game that they sell for less than $50. The worst part is that you can't pay the difference. So, although they had FF XII and MUA 360, I had to settle for Lego SW Trilogy and Just Cause (I have no idea what this game is about). It was sad..., and be sure to bring a lot of extra games. The game has to be worth more than $1. I had a bunch of games ringing up as $1 exactly that they wouldn't take.[/quote]

Wow, how weird, when I called them a few days ago, they said that they do allow you to pay for the difference and they said for X360 games it was $59.99 maximum. Guess I might have to hit up eBay and get rid of my stuff.

Deal is over as of today. It gets best deal of the year for me. In total i picked up

Gamecube
Baten Kaitos Origins

PS2
Mortal Kombat : Armaggedon

NBA 2k7
Splinter Cell: DA
Marvel Universe
FEAR
Need for Speed

Only other 360 game i even wanted was PSU but since i dont want to pay a monthly fee i passed on that

[quote name='nyprimus4']I'm going to call and see if they have Fifa 07. If so I'll trade in NHL 2k6 and pick up MAdden.[/QUOTE]

The deal is dead.

This definitely was the best deal of the year.
I got

PS2
Final Fantasy XII
Bully
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Kingdom Hearts 2
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Phantasy Star Universe
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Shining Force Neo
.hack: Mutation
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection
Okami
Dance Dance Revolution Supernova w/ Dancepad

Gamecube
Baten Katios Origins
Waverace: Blue Storm

DS
Warioware: Touched

My store had a scant collection of 360 games, so I got:

Saints Row - to be exhanged for GOW
Godfather - to be exchanged for COD3
7 copies of Splinter Cell: Double Agent
- 6 sold on ebay for about $50 after fees

Each game was bought with about $20 in ebay credit which came from about $18 in BlockBuster Credit which came from about $9 in cash.

So, went from:

CC 8.96 sale
BB Trade 3 get extra $5 each deal
BB Clearance Sale
EB Trade 3 get extra $10 deal
EB B2G1 sale
FYE Trade 2 Get 1 Deal
-> Ebay

Not bad...in process ended up with a bunch of games for myself, a PS2 Slim for my car, and 2 visor monitors for my car (in trade for a PS2 Slim and games bought with EB credit.) Now, if only Blockbuster did car installs I'd be all set!

Finally cashed out all my credits everywhere!

bread's done
Back