FYI Microsoft has retail 4000 MS Point card in stores now

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I was at Circuit City yesterday with a $20 rewards certificate and I saw the new card, a 4000 MS point card for 49.99. If you want to buy points in bulk without giving Microsoft a credit card you'll never be able to remove from their system, then there is now an option other than multiple 1600 point cards.

[quote name='xtchuh']4000 MS Points for $49.99 equals 0.0124975 a point
1600 MS Points for $20.00 equals 0.0125000 a point

Heres the link to the 4000 Point Card.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Micr...77268/catOid/-13250/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do[/QUOTE]

isn't the 1600 point card $19.99 making it 0.01249375 per point which is basically the same?

looks good but i think its better to use best buy GGC to get $5 off of the 1600 point and get it for $14.99+tax

I agree with what they were saying a few CAGcasts ago. It's ridiculous that there are no discounts whatsoever for buying points in bulk. What's the incentive for plunking $50 at once instead of the usual $20?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I agree with what they were saying a few CAGcasts ago. It's ridiculous that there are no discounts whatsoever for buying points in bulk. What's the incentive for plunking $50 at once instead of the usual $20?[/quote]

I guess if you don't want to buy an odd number of points or you don't want multiple cards.

[quote name='rsigley']isn't the 1600 point card $19.99 making it 0.01249375 per point which is basically the same?

looks good but i think its better to use best buy GGC to get $5 off of the 1600 point and get it for $14.99+tax[/QUOTE]

I just looked at CC and saw they sold it for 20 even, therefore I did the math off that.

[quote name='derder']I guess if you don't want to buy an odd number of points or you don't want multiple cards.[/quote]

well 1600 isnt really that 'odd' because most of the arcade games and such are in increments of 400, (which will evenly go into the 1600). anyway its still cheaper to buy them from BB using coupons, ggc

[quote name='Brian9824']Well if CC has this then bestbuy will too and you can use $5 off on it there[/QUOTE]

But it is better to purchase two 1600 Points on separate occasions with the $5 off coupon than it is to purchase the 4000 with 1 $5 off coupon. :)

[quote name='xtchuh']But it is better to purchase two 1600 Points on separate occasions with the $5 off coupon than it is to purchase the 4000 with 1 $5 off coupon. :)[/quote]

Ahh true i didn't even think of that. I'll stick to getting free cards from gaminglagoon, so far thats paid for all my XBL needs :)

[quote name='Brian9824']Ahh true i didn't even think of that. I'll stick to getting free cards from gaminglagoon, so far thats paid for all my XBL needs :)[/QUOTE]

[size=+4]QFT.[/size]

::high five::

Gaming lagoon? Never heard of it. Is it pretty easy to get free points and what kind of offer signups do they require, is it like Columbia House DVD's or CD clubs or is it just register your email here and get points?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I agree with what they were saying a few CAGcasts ago. It's ridiculous that there are no discounts whatsoever for buying points in bulk. What's the incentive for plunking $50 at once instead of the usual $20?[/quote]

why would there be? its a service card, are you also pissed that $50 iTunes cards cost $50?

[quote name='Dinodoedoe']I don't think there's enough good content on Xbox live to warrant buying one this large.[/QUOTE]Oblivion has something that's like 2400 points, IIRC.

And what's this about never being able to unlink a CC from XBL?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There's also Zune cards. The one I can remember is 2000pts for $25 and they have other denomiations as well.[/QUOTE]
Do they work on the 360 for marketplace content? It's all the same, right?

Also I think Shivering Isles was probably the major factor in them releasing this 4000 point card.

bread's done
Back