GA GS Manager killed

Wow, that's terrible. Can't imagine how traumatic it probably was for the other two people, since suffocation isn't exactly a pretty way to go.

a manager at 21?!?!?!

dead at 21!?!?!?

Gamestop needs to be more proactive with security...and a shotgun under the counter to blow the heads off these fuckers who try to rob them or those little fuckers who ask how much is that pokemon in the glass case.

There was another Gamestop manager killed a few months ago.... You would have thought that would teach them to put the security camera facing the STORE FLOOR instead of the goddamn cashier (to deter the fucking employees from stealing :roll:).

"black semi-automatic revolver"

That's not helpful, as I only know of a few AUTOMATIC revolvers, and I doubt you rob the Gamestop with a 1901 Webley-Fosbery. Still aren't even the Mateba's considered semiautomatic?

Hex might be able to answer this.

I've been to this Gamestop a couple times in the past, but not recently. I hope they catch the mother fucker and put him in jail for a loooong time.

and has gamestop corp. put up reward for information leading to the arrest of this guy?? nope!

bet you if they did, a shit load of people would try to turn the guy in just to get some free games from gamestop.... fuckers.

Ya, I was going to say... a 21 year old manager... jeez. But I can think of actually a lot of chain places with young managers. My Mom works for BB and some of their store managers are like 26 or so.

[quote name='ITDEFX']and has gamestop corp. put up reward for information leading to the arrest of this guy?? nope![/quote]

They'll do exactly what they did the last time this happened. Which is exactly *nothing*. Keep this in mind anytime you think that the private sector is prepared to take on roles previously held by the government.

bet you if they did, a shit load of people would try to turn the guy in just to get some free games from gamestop.... fuckers.

Not likely. Much like your only-in-the-movies-and-the-occasional-barrio shotgun under the counter scenario, you're dead wrong on this. "Don't snitch" is a greater and more threatening cultural phenomenon than many want to admit.

[quote name='mykevermin']"Don't snitch" is a greater and more threatening cultural phenomenon than many want to admit.[/quote]

That's a huge issue in Philadelphia, which I believe has lead the nation in homicides annually for the past few years. Especially in the real run-down, ghettoized neighborhoods where citizens are as wary of the police as of the perpetrators, many witnesses to crime choose to not snitch.

Initially I thought this line was weird:

"Someone from inside called 911," said Bishop. "I'm not sure how they went about doing that -- their hands were bound. I don't know how they got to the phone."

Then I realized the victims were probably off camera the whole time, so the officer may not have known how they got the phone, although you figure that would have been asked?

I guess what I am getting at is who called the police, was it as simple as the hostages found their way to the phone and made the call.... or did someone else (bystander, passerby, someone who was hiding in the store, accomplice, etc)

maybe the police are saying it was a hostage to avoid the "snitch" from being targeted.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There was another Gamestop manager killed a few months ago.... You would have thought that would teach them to put the security camera facing the STORE FLOOR instead of the goddamn cashier (to deter the fucking employees from stealing :roll:).[/QUOTE]

Is this true of all GSs- only having cameras point at the counters and not at the store floor? If so, that is one of the most ridiculous business decisions I've heard in awhile.

Could the perp be this guy?

gta-carl.jpg

Even if the manager had survived the duct tape, GS would have sacked him for not asking the guy to pre-order something while he was in the store.

We were discussing this in the ATL thread yesterday. I'm familiar with this store (but not the guy). It's right on the corner of a strip mall right across a Wal-Mart parking lot and is more visible than a standard GS. I have a hard time believing no one saw anything. I can confirm Myke's take on it. It's definitely in a "I din't see nuthin" area.

It's GS, it's not like it's a hard job. So a manager at 21 is nothing. I went to high school with someone who was a manager of McCrap and she was 18.

That said I agree with the OP, find the fucker and tape him up. I think if you are gonig to get the death penalty it should be the same way you killed someone. You raped and murdered someone they get a big guy from jail to rape and murder you. You drown someone in a tub, we drown you in a tub.

And eye for an eye leaves the people with two eyes to rule.

[quote name='Caliburn']That's a huge issue in Philadelphia, which I believe has lead the nation in homicides annually for the past few years. Especially in the real run-down, ghettoized neighborhoods where citizens are as wary of the police as of the perpetrators, many witnesses to crime choose to not snitch.[/QUOTE]

QFT.
I'm so ashamed that's my hometown.
BTW, where at in Filthadelphia you live? Sorry for going off topic :razz:

[quote name='Caliburn']That's a huge issue in Philadelphia, which I believe has lead the nation in homicides annually for the past few years. Especially in the real run-down, ghettoized neighborhoods where citizens are as wary of the police as of the perpetrators, many witnesses to crime choose to not snitch.[/QUOTE]

Philly's #3, behind NYC and LA. There's a thread about it in the vs forum if you want more info. Lilboo should know better, since he started that one. Though, at least, he did find data to substantiate that Camden's tough image comes more from piggybacking on Philly's reputation that actually having a high homicide rate.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That said I agree with the OP, find the fucker and tape him up. I think if you are gonig to get the death penalty it should be the same way you killed someone. You raped and murdered someone they get a big guy from jail to rape and murder you. You drown someone in a tub, we drown you in a tub.[/quote]

That's not how the US justice system works. Ever, for that matter. That's not "justice," except in the eyes of the morbid and vengeful.

And eye for an eye leaves the people with two eyes to rule.

That's a cute bumper sticker, but a poor substitute for an actual argumentative point.

[quote name='MSUHitman']According to the link in the OP, Gamestop is now offering a $10K reward for info leading to an arrest.[/QUOTE]

...or $15,000 in store credit...

[quote name='HeadRusch']...or $15,000 in store credit...[/QUOTE]

lolz............... im sorry I know this isn't a funny situation...but sounds like something Gamestop would do... Honestly if I knew where the guy was, I would turn him in, take the money and give it to charity.

This bothers me. I don't know why you guys are so suprised though. At the age of 19 I was a key holder and was opening the store solo everyday. The earliest someone came was in the afternoon.

lols gamestop... lols to you.

Arn't we a big enough gaming community to start an uprise againts gamestop or something?

Wow. This is sad....

[quote name='Snake2715']

maybe the police are saying it was a hostage to avoid the "snitch" from being targeted.[/quote]

That's what I'm thinking. Like Myke said, there are a lot of people who are too afraid to be seen as a "snitch." More disturbingly, there are people who will do thing to actually justify that fear, at least to a certain extent. It's never okay to just walk by a scene like this...but you do need to make sure you don't get yourself shot, too, if you know what I mean.

I was talking to an AM at a GS today. He told me that Matt had a plastic bag put over his head which, combined with the tape, is what caused the suffocation. The stores in the area closed early today because they're having a meeting to update everyone and offer grief counseling. They also had a security guard come in for their close down. Don't be surprised if you see security guards at the stores, at least for the forseeable future.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's GS, it's not like it's a hard job. So a manager at 21 is nothing. I went to high school with someone who was a manager of McCrap and she was 18.

That said I agree with the OP, find the fucker and tape him up. I think if you are gonig to get the death penalty it should be the same way you killed someone. You raped and murdered someone they get a big guy from jail to rape and murder you. You drown someone in a tub, we drown you in a tub.

And eye for an eye leaves the people with two eyes to rule.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. The US justice system is a joke. Which is why criminals keep doing what they do. But instead if they find him they will give him the death penalty and let him live in prison for 15 years waiting for his appeals to run out. Meanwhile the guy that died remains dead because he doesn't get any appeals.

But hey, human rights...

Damn, the store my friend works at was robbed today. He was off but it was also here in Georgia though but not the same area.

[quote name='ITDEFX']and has gamestop corp. put up reward for information leading to the arrest of this guy?? nope!

bet you if they did, a shit load of people would try to turn the guy in just to get some free games from gamestop.... fuckers.[/quote]Either this information was added to the story after you read it, or your brain is incredibly selective in what it reads:

"Game Stop is offering a $10,000 reward for information about the man who killed a manager during a hold-up at the Cobb Parkway store Sunday night."

[quote name='Greetard']Is this true of all GSs- only having cameras point at the counters and not at the store floor? If so, that is one of the most ridiculous business decisions I've heard in awhile.[/QUOTE]

?

I'm legitimately curious. What kind of company worries about their employees stealing more than actual criminals?

[quote name='Greetard']?

I'm legitimately curious. What kind of company worries about their employees stealing more than actual criminals?[/QUOTE]
The majority of theft in all stores is internal.

[quote name='Greetard']?

I'm legitimately curious. What kind of company worries about their employees stealing more than actual criminals?[/quote]Considering 90% of the merchandise is behind the counter, I'd hardly be shocked if most of their shrinkage is caused by employees.

I know from stories of people with messed up transactions here that there are often claims that the manager can review the tape to see who was working at that exact time, so I'd imagine the camera situation is pretty similar across all stores.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Either this information was added to the story after you read it, or your brain is incredibly selective in what it reads:

"Game Stop is offering a $10,000 reward for information about the man who killed a manager during a hold-up at the Cobb Parkway store Sunday night."[/QUOTE]

it was added later after I first read it :|

Cameras point at the employees because the employees are supposed to watch the customers, and the cameras watch the employees. It's a LOT harder to steal when you're a customer than as an employee - EB/GS is just keeping an eye on the 18 year old kids behind the register who are "just working there for the discount".

[quote name='botticus']Considering 90% of the merchandise is behind the counter, I'd hardly be shocked if most of their shrinkage is caused by employees.
[/QUOTE]

Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Bitch. He could've given you the money, why'd you have to kill him. You DESERVE to be tortured if you'd kill a man for money. I'd like to tie him up with ducktape and personally torture him and beat him. No ducktape around the mouth so I can hear him scream. Then I put the duck tape around his head and put a mirror in front of him with a picture of the man that died for his greed next to it. Then leave said place and never come back.

Of course, I'd never do that. So I hope this person gets tried in court and punished rightfully.

This is awful. I wish I lived near there and saw it (well, not really, just read on) so I could collect the reward and give it to the family. Not that it would help, but still.

My heart truly goes to Matthew's family and friend. This is my worst day of the year, and It just got worse. :(

That sucks a lot... I was an Asst. Manager at 19 at GS. I am now 22, but the Gamestops around here don't even have cameras in half of them. I know the one I worked at had some employee theft that didn't get caught by camera, he got turned in by an employee from another store that was his friend. That is terrible though, I am glad they caught the guy.

That is great, thank goodness he was caught.

A tid bit of legal info for ya all. Even though all this guy (arguably) probably intended to do was tie people up, he can still be charged with murder.

Felony murder is this doctrine where any death that occurs during the commission of a felony (so long as it is foreseeably related to the felony) will be treated like a murder. So even if this guy did not INTEND for Matt to die, its still murder ya fuck.

After reading the initial article I was confused as to why they hadnt caught him already with an image like that on video and his friggin license plate number.

[quote name='pittpizza']That is great, thank goodness he was caught.

A tid bit of legal info for ya all. Even though all this guy (arguably) probably intended to do was tie people up, he can still be charged with murder.

Felony murder is this doctrine where any death that occurs during the commission of a felony (so long as it is foreseeably related to the felony) will be treated like a murder. So even if this guy did not INTEND for Matt to die, its still murder ya fuck.

After reading the initial article I was confused as to why they hadnt caught him already with an image like that on video and his friggin license plate number.[/QUOTE]

yea I knew about that... however that guy was stupid enough to NOT leave the area and give the games out to his friends. Now he's gonna get a whole bunch of people in trouble for recieving stolen property.

bread's done
Back