GA GS Manager killed

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea I knew about that... however that guy was stupid enough to NOT leave the area and give the games out to his friends. Now he's gonna get a whole bunch of people in trouble for recieving stolen property.[/quote]

That is one exceptionally stupid scumbag.

[quote name='pittpizza']That is great, thank goodness he was caught.

A tid bit of legal info for ya all. Even though all this guy (arguably) probably intended to do was tie people up, he can still be charged with murder.

Felony murder is this doctrine where any death that occurs during the commission of a felony (so long as it is foreseeably related to the felony) will be treated like a murder. So even if this guy did not INTEND for Matt to die, its still murder ya fuck.

After reading the initial article I was confused as to why they hadnt caught him already with an image like that on video and his friggin license plate number.[/quote]

Ah. That's interesting. I thought that he would get a much lighter Manslaughter sentence. Not that we don't need to keep him isolated from society for a long time; I just wasn't aware of the distinction between manslaughter and felony murder in this situation.

[quote name='pittpizza']
After reading the initial article I was confused as to why they hadnt caught him already with an image like that on video and his friggin license plate number.[/quote]I'd have to reread it, but I'm fairly certainly they said he took off in the manager's car.

[quote name='botticus']I'd have to reread it, but I'm fairly certainly they said he took off in the manager's car.[/quote]

Yep
Police say the suspect fled in the manager’s 2004 Red Honda Civic LX with license plate number 2010 ASW.

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']Ah. That's interesting. I thought that he would get a much lighter Manslaughter sentence. Not that we don't need to keep him isolated from society for a long time; I just wasn't aware of the distinction between manslaughter and felony murder in this situation.[/quote]
This is why the motherfucker should get hammered on the charges:

Though many people have the impression the suspect unintentionally smothered Cherry, police said it was no accident -- that Graham was in the store while Cherry died.
He let him die. Scum man, Scum. I have faith that the justice system will keep this already former felon off the streets forever.

Under the felony murder ("FM") rule, if he had walked in there with a gun and the manager freaked and ran through the glass window and died, the perp would still be guilty of a FM.

Basically if any death occurs (no matter how it happens) during the commission of a felony, its charged as murder. It does have to be somewhat related to the crime though. For instance if the manager became depressed and a month later committed suicide, this is not FM because the death is too far removed from the commission of the felony.

Glad you find it interesting rabbit.

I didnt know he drove away in the manager's car, thats not as stupid as driving away in your own car.

Does anybody know how much he ended up stealing?

[quote name='Greetard']?

I'm legitimately curious. What kind of company worries about their employees stealing more than actual criminals?[/quote]

Walmart. My gf is a dept. manager, and I shit you not, its store policy, they can't ask the person to leave, they can't search them, they can't follow them to keep them from stealing, they can't do a damn thing, other than repeatedly ask "Is there anything I can help you with". They turned off the front door sensor alarms that go off when people steal because "customers were getting embarrassed".

Retail stores always have had employees steal a lot more from them than commonly percieved "theives". This is not even considering theft of time when employees are getting paid to work but actually screwing around (much like myself at the moment).

[quote name='pittpizza']Under the felony murder ("FM") rule, if he had walked in there with a gun and the manager freaked and ran through the glass window and died, the perp would still be guilty of a FM.

Basically if any death occurs (no matter how it happens) during the commission of a felony, its charged as murder. It does have to be somewhat related to the crime though. For instance if the manager became depressed and a month later committed suicide, this is not FM because the death is too far removed from the commission of the felony.[/quote]

Intent will factor in on the sentencing. This guy was destined to go away for a long time on this one - but now we know it was voluntary. Is there a death penalty in GA?

[quote name='camoor']Intent will factor in on the sentencing. This guy was destined to go away for a long time on this one - but now we know it was voluntary. Is there a death penalty in GA?[/quote]
Yes!:applause: I propose we bring back ol' Sparky for this guy. I believe the death penalty is an acceptable punishment for murderers once all reasonable doubt of guilt has been removed.

bread's done
Back