Gaems 155 Sentry Personal Gaming Enviroment $114.99 at BB YMMV clearance

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!
I just got a G155 Sentry Personal Gaming environment. It is the 15.5 inch model. $114.99.

It is not accessible online as far as I can tell.

Here is the sku : 6780888 It comes up $115 off for clearance. Employees can look up the sku in the store but I can't find it on their site.

Add in the $10 Reward Zone Certificate and it was $104.99. I like it for that price. Good Luck if you want one.

Went ahead and tried it and I'm too impressed to return it.

I didn't get the warranty and I'm not sure if I should. I feel like since it's in a case like that it should be safe enough.

[quote name='whoknows']Went ahead and tried it and I'm too impressed to return it.

I didn't get the warranty and I'm not sure if I should. I feel like since it's in a case like that it should be safe enough.[/QUOTE]
you should get the warranty, to be even more safer.

Well great, the one I got the screen looks like it's caved in (not cracked, but almost like a huge watermark in the center). Now no BB stores have it. What am I supposed to do for a replacement?

Went into my local store and ended up getting one transferred from MD to VA. They will only do a transfer about 1 state away from your location due to warehouse issues. There are zero in VA, 1 left in Athens GA, and 1 left in Townson, MD. I had a gift card and got mine for $95.74. I skipped the warranty as it will not see regular use. Have the guy/gal in store search with the SKU on the first post. Otherwise than won't be able to locate the unit. I plan to use my for a few road trips later this year.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']There should be a few in Princeton, NJ. Thats where I had mine transferred from. [/QUOTE]

Unless the employees were BSing me, I grabbed the only other G155 in Princeton last Friday (other than yours, which was already off on the side to be transferred).

Very happy with the purchase, no complaints at all about the screen given the size - P4A looked great on my PS3.

No idea then, thats funny too because the day of they had it shipped for me. I guess I lucked out on getting one of these! I actually called during work when no one was looking. If I didn;t call I guess I wouldn't have it right now.

Glad to see another local NJ CAG
(>>)

[quote name='Perromalvado']Well I did not really need one but I got it ne ways :)
Modesto, CA bestbuy had 2 one seemed open box I left that one and got the new unopened box. Thanks op now to plan a vacation![/QUOTE]

Perro I think I got the one you left lol

Called for Florida and Pennsylvania yesterday, couldn't get anything in the district/area. Disappointing I wasn't able to grab one.

My screen had some defects and, rather than wasting time looking endlessly for another unit at another best buy, I decided to send mine to GAEMS for a replacement a little over a week ago. I just received my new unit today in pristine condition. The whole transaction was smooth without any complains.

I didn't find one of these, but I did find the Nyko - PowerPak+ for 3DS for $2.99. I'm going to drive by and see if they actually have it in stock as claimed. Might pick up a couple at that price.

Q: Are clearance items behind the counter/on clearance table or just out where they'd normally be?

The Sentry 155 have typically been in their box on an endcap or shelf with a $114.99 sticker underneath the item. Most people don't bother even looking at them. Some BB's didn't stock them to begin with.

If anyone finds an extra at their local store and would be willing to ship it to me I'd pay plus shipping and a little extra for the trouble; no stores around me have one :(

[quote name='zaxxon2000']The Sentry 155 have typically been in their box on an endcap or shelf with a $114.99 sticker underneath the item. Most people don't bother even looking at them. Some BB's didn't stock them to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. The one I found wasn't in view at all. It was on the floor behind those white things they put around the areas where you can play games.

I got my local store to do a store to store transfer. Here is to hoping it goes smoothly. I will be traveling quite a but for my job in two weeks. I really want to take this with me.

The transfer from the Millbury, MA store to the Seekonk, MA store for me is delayed due to the Millbury store doing inventory this week.

FML

[quote name='therealdanhill']I can go there and pick it up for you if you want[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I can wait it out. I pretty much told them that I'm patient enough to wait another week, even though I'm kind of not >.

I went back and bought the warranty for $20. Manager said there is a possibility the video game section is going away. Interesting.

So, I've messed around with the calibration on this thing a few times and can't seem to get consistent calibration. It's not deal related, but I was wondering what you guys have calibrated your screens at. Apparently no one's posted such settings online.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Check NJ stores I heard the BB in the Trenton area might have one.[/QUOTE]
They are out I got the last one
1st time I've come in contact with NJ CAGers

[quote name='Enuf']They are out I got the last one
1st time I've come in contact with NJ CAGers[/QUOTE]

There aren't many of us. Mainly West coasters here.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']There aren't many of us. Mainly West coasters here.[/QUOTE]Well I can tell you a few things that you may or may not know.
The Princeton & E. Brunswick stores are great for price matching since there's so many competitor stores in the area & the gaming guys are good too.

Found this at a local BB but it was not on clearance, but going for full retail ($249.99). Is there a web link anywhere for this that I can use to price match? I wouldn't mind having one, but full retail is a no go....

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Found this at a local BB but it was not on clearance, but going for full retail ($249.99). Is there a web link anywhere for this that I can use to price match? I wouldn't mind having one, but full retail is a no go....[/QUOTE]

I found it on best buy app under clearance and open buy in your local area , it was marked 249.99 when I arrived , but rang up to 125

[quote name='Raider209']I found it on best buy app under clearance and open buy in your local area , it was marked 249.99 when I arrived , but rang up to 125[/QUOTE]

Did they raise the prices?

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Did they raise the prices?[/QUOTE]

No, Best Buy had both the original G155 ($249.99) and the newer G155 Sentry ($229.99). For some odd reason the newer one is cheaper at $115 on clearence and the older original is $125.

bread's done
Back