Game cliches that have got to go

Stealth levels in games that are not built around stealth. The only games to get it right are based around stealth, like the Splinter Cell and Metal Gear games. Even great games like Wind Waker and GTA SA have had their fun temporarily ruined by half-ass stealth missions. After the success of MGS I wasn't surprised to find it in other games, but it's been six years, and bad stealth is still showing it's half-assed face.

"Gasp! You mean the shadowy government figure/four-star general/samurai shogun who was giving me my orders this whole time IS ACTUALLY BEHIND THIS WHOLE THING? WHAH?!"

[quote name='dcfox']How many times did you play it on the xbox?[/quote]

All of zero... played some VR missions and that's it. Just because of this thread, I tried to play it this morning and was like eff it...

[quote name='rebenns']Stealth levels in games that are not built around stealth. The only games to get it right are based around stealth, like the Splinter Cell and Metal Gear games. Even great games like Wind Waker and GTA SA have had their fun temporarily ruined by half-ass stealth missions. After the success of MGS I wasn't surprised to find it in other games, but it's been six years, and bad stealth is still showing it's half-assed face.[/quote]

Hey, if you give ME an AK-47 or a rocket lancher, chances are, I'm not thinking about a good ol 'sneak and snap'... but I know what you mean... MGS 2 was basically my bloodbath... I played it strictly to see how far I could get with killing, rather than being evasive.

Offtopic, for the longest I thought the sidle in WW was mispelled for the longest until another game used it...

I hate the tutorial type levels that familarize you with the controls. I especially hate when you cant skip them. It works better if they introduce stuff as you need to use it kind of how GTA SA does it

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']How about the classic "The world's in danger, and only this kid/teenage boy can save the world."[/quote]

Yep, Japanese RPGs with Metrosexual, angst-filled teenagers who, be it due to a star-shaped scar on their left buttock or just good breeding, are the 'Chosen Ones'. It is time to make a Japanese RPG in which Mary, the driver's license photo woman down at the DMV, is the Chosen One.

Lame endings and lame boss battles. You sit through hours of Fable only to beat Mr. Jack with no problem and get that lame ending. How about winning something from the designers. Something that adds to replay like the bandana in Metal Gear Solid.

Lame boss battles with repetitive formula. Jump here dodge here. Hit after he does this.

Booooo

[quote name='Jrunt20x'][quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Scantilly clad huge breasted women that can kick everyone's butts.[/quote]

What, you gay? I don't got anything against that lifestyle but why would any man say that if he wasn't?[/quote]

im straight and im saying its old and overdone. developers cant make a good product so they put tits in their games to sell them.

i mean, do you whack off to video games or something?! dlf, are you back?

ive said it before and ill say it again, the hottest chick ever in a video game was bebedora.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Who is bebedora?[/quote]
1075937612.jpg

[quote name='RELmajor03']
i mean, do you whack off to video games or something?!

I'm fairly certain that's about as low as one could possibly go...[/quote]

oooh laura croft is climbing a ladder....

i mean whats up guys :oops:

Any "impossible" battles in RPGs,

Any machine will start working the second you put the spare part in.

The fact that in shooters you're always "the last one in the army" or the "only one who can stop" the evil space/pirate Empire.

bread's done
Back