Game Collectors Anonymous

Killrig

CAGiversary!
Welcome to Game Collector's Anonymous.

At what point does a meager selection of titles become a "collection"? 50? 100?
And at what point does your "collection" become a "library"? 300? 500?

What about 1000? What do you call that? I gonna have to go with: a "fuck ton".

My name is Killrig. And I own too many fucking games. OK. Who's next? Come on. Get it off your chest. We're here for you.

I'm becoming a game collector of sorts. :whistle2:s I already have about 100 games, all sorted out in my collection through the CAG game database.

I haven't used the CAG collection system yet. I should start!

What I'm getting at is: Who thinks they own too many but aren't about to stop?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not about to stop but I probably should, I'm running out of shelf space and stuff that I'd like to keep out is slowly getting packed up and stored away because of a lack of space. What I really need is a finished basement that I can turn into the god of all videogame dens. I'd be set.

I'm with Halo.. I'm never going to stop but because of Space limitations I should've stopped a long time ago.

I probably have close to 500 games.

My collection was at its zenith about a month or two ago. I looked at it, realized I'd never play them, and then sold around 170 of them on a lowball. My collection now has pretty much the essentials (but is still around 100+ games!) :lol:.

I think I'm at about 1000 now, could be more, could be less. I'm going through the process of adding everything I own to the CAG collection, so I'll be curious to see where it is at when I'm done.

Yup. Excessive.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm with Halo.. I'm never going to stop but because of Space limitations I should've stopped a long time ago.

I probably have close to 500 games.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm in this ballpark too. I feel like my shelves are overflowing and I don't even keep most of them with me. The majority are sitting boxed up in my parents' basement.

I am pretty sure I recently passed the 300 mark but have not counted lately.
I really need to get another shelf because I am now storing some of my games in a chest with some of my extra consoles.
The need for more shelving is also not helped by my buying of manga and burgeoning anime figure collection.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
I probably have close to 500 games.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. So is this the 'library' category?

I bought several storage shelves from the Container Store earlier this year. Each cart, on wheels, holds about 140 games. Each row holds 35 regular DVD/game cases with the spine facing up; and each cart has four rows. Very convenient.

linky: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitchen/carts?productId=10000825

It's not the prettiest to look at, but allows me to organize and access games and movies easily.

My collection is at 578 according to everything I have tallied up on IGN. Because of this I got a huge ass backlog of games I'll probably never play, it's not intentional, but goddamn this site is a blessing and curse...

Plus ditto on needing a new DVD shelf.

bread's done
Back