Game Crazy Deals

meilojelio

CAGiversary!
Buy 1 Get 1 Free—All Used XBOX & GameCube Games!

Buy 1 and get a 2nd game, of equal or lesser value, free.
*Offer good through 6/7/09. Not valid with any other offers, including MVP.
2 for $5—Used Games $4.99 and Less!

*Offer good through 6/7/09. Not valid with any other offers, including MVP.
MVP Exclusive—30% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Any 3 Games!
*Offer good through 5/17/09. Not valid with any other offers. 30% more offer replaces the standard 10% MVP offer.

Your welcome.

[quote name='Scorch']

The B2G1F on $9.99 games/lower is an old promotion that should be over with. They were just lazy and didn't take signs down. B1G1 $4.99 = 2 for $5 and should be running at all stores. GC is definitely consistent in marketing, it's up to the managers at GC stores to put it up. Same as GS.

[/QUOTE]

Then they should train their managers better, like I had suggested. When GS has a chain-wide sale, it's chain wide. Not hit or miss like GC. And why doesn't GC have an online store yet?

I traded in X Blades for 360 to a local GC on Sunday. Surprisingly, they gave me $30 for the trade in with MVP (a nice flip from Target clearance for $15). First time that I've used that card in ages....

for some reason i decided to stop in at GC on my way home from work, and left with the two worlds CE for $4.99. The only reason I got it was because the guy working told me it was the cheesiest opening video that he had ever seen.

[quote name='evilmrhenry']They do have stickers, but I've had good luck removing them. They usually put them on the outside of the case, as well....
http://crackedrabbitgaming.com/2006/12/18/gamestops-business-strategy/
for an example. (Of more than one thing.) A lot of their stock is ex-rentals from HV, so I'd be (more) careful to check the working status of the game before throwing out the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Ha I've seen that ever since Gamestops started opening up around me like 8 years ago.

[quote name='Scorch']Again, pricematching is YMMV. Some districts do, some districts don't. Pricematching is not part of policy. Tradematching is.[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I actually went so far as to email corporate and received an email back saying that they do pricematch, I did this mainly because IO kept saying he gets pricematches, but everyone except the manager at the store I go to, always turn me down, especially when I try to pricematch to Fry's.

So this policy is just plain random, another annoying aspect of the pricematch policy is the need for a printed something showing proof. We all know that GS never give out trade prices on the phone, so how on earth would a normal Joe get a pricematch to GS.

Can anyone confirm if the buy one game get one free deal is for all games, used and new? I would love to pick up games that I missed during Christmas (L4D, R2), some old PS2 games (SotC), and some new games (UFC, InFamous)

[quote name='polishpride212']Can anyone confirm if the buy one game get one free deal is for all games, used and new? I would love to pick up games that I missed during Christmas (L4D, R2), some old PS2 games (SotC), and some new games (UFC, InFamous)[/QUOTE]

It clearly says XBox and Gamecube. XBOX. Not XBox 360. The only B1G1 on new games that's ever run is on $18.99 or less games, and currently, the new $18.99 or less games are B2G1.

Where did you get that the B1G1 was for all games used and new?!

Also, what games do they have for $5.
Are you fucking serious.. there's hundreds

So this policy is just plain random, another annoying aspect of the pricematch policy is the need for a printed something showing proof. We all know that GS never give out trade prices on the phone, so how on earth would a normal Joe get a pricematch to GS.
Must be your GS, every time I call GS to get values they give them to me. Never more than 3 at a time, though.

Pricematching is new to me - I've always been told not to. Like I said, must be a district thing. I'm kinda pissed now that mine doesn't.

Today here in Peoria, AZ, I got what I think is a pretty good deal.

- Two Worlds Xbox 360
- The Warriors Xbox
- Myst 3 Xbox
- Indigo Prophecy Xbox
- Need For Speed Most Wanted Xbox
- Broken Sword Xbox
- Fight Club Xbox
- Bard's Tale Xbox

All out the door with 7.8% sales tax for $27.00 even.

All Used BTW

[quote name='polishpride212']Can anyone confirm if the buy one game get one free deal is for all games, used and new? I would love to pick up games that I missed during Christmas (L4D, R2), some old PS2 games (SotC), and some new games (UFC, InFamous)[/QUOTE]
I think you're a bit confused... the Buy one get one free deal is only on $18.99 games and under, and I don't think it starts going until next week. :drool:

Two for five dollars ad just got it in my e-mail this memorial weekend. Wow, I might have to pick up two copies of Perfect Dark (again) for $5. Damn.

[quote name='destro4eva']What 360 games (excluding sport titles) does GC have marked $4.99?[/QUOTE]

These are a few I saw at my local GameCrazy (San Diego, CA).

Perfect Dark Zero
Quake 4
Prey
Bomberman Act Zero

[quote name='Scorch']The goals for MVP's, Preorders and Game Guards each day is compared to last year, when the economy wasn't as bad. Due to this, sales are way, way down. April and May specifically, because there were some pretty big selling games that launched in April and May of last year. Because the goals are set so high, many employees can't reach it due to the lack of customers and are getting laid off.[/QUOTE]

This makes me feel bad for always turning down game guards and preorders... wtf ;P

The other day, I was in a local Gamecrazy that I usually don't stop in, and I didn't know about these deals... and the guy working there actually told ME about them. I was purchasing a $4.99 GBA game and he told me that I could pick out another $4.99 game and get it for free... I thought that was exceptionally nice. So, here's to you... nameless Gamecrazy employee guy... :applause:

Two Worlds, Perfect Dark, Ultimate Alliance, PGR3, Prey, Bomberman, Ultimate Alliance.. um.. I think that's it, actually.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']they ALSO have a buy 1 get 1 on NEW games for ALL consoles marked 18.99 and under.[/QUOTE]

How many new games are $18.99 and under? Only ones I've seen are used...

I had to return Fight Club (Xbox) because it wouldnt boot up. But I did exchange it for Sega Tennis Allstars that came with that XBLA disc (another 4 games). Not bad for $2.50!

Anyone have a small list of the new games that are 18.99 or under? Last time I picked up Blue Dragon and Ace Combat 6, looking for other stuff now.

[quote name='weeitzme']How much will Pure for 360 trade in here?[/QUOTE]

Call them. Seriously. It takes less effort to pick up a phone and call than it does to post in this thread.

There's no new notable games that are part of the $18.99 and under sale. Ace Combat isn't part of it anymore, that was a temporary sale. Blue Dragon is still part of it ($14.99). It's mostly older stuff that doesn't sale (Superman, Conan, etc)

cart games are not included in 2 for 5?? it says ALL games 4.99 and under... Found 2 gameboy advance games and they said they do not have to sell them 2 for 5

both games were 4.99

[quote name='Scorch']what a random fucking question for this thread, but $24.99 for the one in the red case, $29.99 for the one in the silver. I think.

the corporate office sends down memos and signage for deals. it's the managers that fail to pass them on. i've said it before and i'll say it again.. each store is only as good as the manager who runs it.[/QUOTE]

every store in my district is on top of that shit. we all know all our deals, every store has a board in the back w/ every promo written in big letters, and the coupons to the deals taped to our computer. and to all the people bitching about how us GC employees don't know whats going on, go to GS and get raped by them price wise (and like it).

[quote name='slidecage']cart games are not included in 2 for 5?? it says ALL games 4.99 and under... Found 2 gameboy advance games and they said they do not have to sell them 2 for 5

both games were 4.99[/QUOTE]

cart games are included. the type of media it is on doesn't matter, only the price.

[quote name='weeitzme']How much will Pure for 360 trade in here?[/QUOTE]

traded mine in for 17-ish the other day towards Sacred 2. triple post btw :drool:

[quote name='retromufc']I didn't even know that there was a Gamecrazy in Rocky Mount, NC until a friend here told me. Seriously, it is almost literally a room from Hollywood Video with an exterior door and chain link fences separating the businesses. It seems like the only reason this store exists is to sell used games that were rentals from Hollywood video. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, same near me in Spokane, WA. There's a Hollywood Video next to a Petco, and squshed in between is this teeny tiny door with a little sign that says "Game Crazy". I used to live in the bay area, and had never seen one down there. Finally stopped into this one a few months ago and they didn't really have many games. Just alot of random, sucky games for every system. Also, I noticed some good deals, but then some really bad ones too! They'd have a cool game for $18, and then some old, bargain bin game for $30. Weird.

[quote name='FiendCameron']cart games are included. the type of media it is on doesn't matter, only the price.[/QUOTE]

all i know the manager at the local one said they got an email saying DO NOT SELL USED GBA games 2 for 5

Went there on Friday. The 2 for $5 deal was set up in front of the store. Mostly old sports games (Madden 06 for the 360), and random games, like Headhunters. The only thing I saw that could be worth the $5 is The Getaway and Gran Turismo 3, but I already have both.

bread's done
Back