Game Crazy - Extra 10% with MVP coupons (20% off used + 20% extra trade in credit)

Thanks for the heads up.

Any idea if you physically need the coupons to take advantage of the extra trade ins/savings?

I'm an MVP member but I haven't ever gotten anything from them in the mail.

A scan would be awesome. I've been strongly considering signing up for MVP, and this'd be a perfect incentive to do so.

you'll need the coupon.

Though there are periods where they'll go a week where MVP's get a 20% bonus and 20% off used. It's happened twice since August. They're really good about rewarding MVP customers.

JJSP, we've spoken on the subject before ;)

I got mine in today as well. It may not be combined with any other offer so im doubting 30% off with MVP (though love to be proven wrong). Though as far as I can see there's no limit to amount of games so still a good deal.

[quote name='Scorch']you'll need the coupon.

Though there are periods where they'll go a week where MVP's get a 20% bonus and 20% off used. It's happened twice since August. They're really good about rewarding MVP customers.

JJSP, we've spoken on the subject before ;)[/QUOTE]
So mail me one, yo. :)

Anyhoo, I'll be hitting up GC this weekend. I'll be sure to drop some good words for that kind fellow who works at an unnamed store and strangely looks like Phoenix Wright.

Any idea the expiration date on the coupon?
For some odd reason I get the coupon usually the day of or day after the deal is over... Stupid USPS...

[quote name='malalrd']Any idea the expiration date on the coupon?
For some odd reason I get the coupon usually the day of or day after the deal is over... Stupid USPS...[/quote] June 30 2007

Well, hopefully I get this tomorrow as I didn't today. I got all their other useless coupons (like the one for 10% off Wii Play the week it released but they wouldn't let you preorder it any more and had no extras to sell). I also just renewed my MVP, so it would be nice to get ;). I got TWO fliers from them last week just advertizing new releases but with no coupons in them.

I have a couple things to trade - the extra 10% would be nice right now...

No coupon in today's mail... Dammit, this is the ONE flier I'd really want them to send to me, and they don't. Like I said, I've gotten the last few useless ones (sometimes 2 copies sent to me!). I may have to try the scan, though I know that has a very small chance of working.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Can someone please send this to my email at [email protected] please? Or upload via another means? My proxy at work doesn't like this site apparently, can't get the scan to show up.[/QUOTE]
done

Didn't get anything in the mail today. Hmm. I usually get coupons from GameCrazy so I'll continue to be patient. I just traded in a bunch of stuff, but that's life. You can't get every deal. Anyhow, I wish that the GameCrazy trade-in wiki was updated.

[quote name='lurknomore']Didn't get anything in the mail today. Hmm. I usually get coupons from GameCrazy so I'll continue to be patient. I just traded in a bunch of stuff, but that's life. You can't get every deal. Anyhow, I wish that the GameCrazy trade-in wiki was updated.[/QUOTE]

If you just traded a bunch of stuff did you update it yourself? ;) That's the only way it gets updated. Or you could post what you traded here and I'll update it. I update it with things I trade in, and whenever there's a deal thread about GC and people post trade-ins I try to update their prices also. I had a Gamecrazy trade-in price thread going for a while but very few people contributed, so it died off.

For a while after that I was adding in all the GC trade-in values from their fliers too, but then I just figured fuck it, no one else cares :lol:.

[quote name='nonggame']is it only for game ? what about accessories ?[/QUOTE]
It says its good for as much stuff as you want to trade in, as well as however many used games and accessories you want to purchase.

I never have gotten any coupons for Game Crazy and i have had a Mvp card for 3-4 years now. I will have to find out why the aren't helping me out any.

[quote name='lurknomore']Hmm...still haven't gotten my coupons. I'll sit tight though with the pile of games that I want to trade-in tho.[/QUOTE]

why not print out the coupon OP have it on his post ?

Still no coupons here for me in OR, so I just traded what I needed to trade this weekend. Lost out of $5 or so of bonus if I had the coupon, but I didn't want to hold on to the games any longer and risk a price drop.

I'm headed there today to trade in a bunch of games and pick up some used 360 stuff. I'll let everyone know if they accept the 20 percent off (making a used Dead Rising $20).

so if a game is used for 14.99, and 13.49 with membership, thats the standard membership 10 percent off.so with 20 percent off they take 20 percent off 14.99 if im not mitaken making it 11.99 instead of 13.49.

Yeah pretty much, they're basically not really making any money at all if games were traded in with 20% extra and sold at 20% off...well cheap games maybe but the expensive games they might even be losing a few bucks. They gave me $33 for Monster 4x4 and I really doubt its anything over $33 after a 20% discount.

Well, Gamecrazy said a big fuck you to me with their latest coupon as thanks for renewing my MVP. I never got this 20% extra trade-in bonus coupon.

However, today I got a coupon that gives me 20% off one used game IF I buy a new copy of Spiderman 3 for PS2, Shrek the 3rd for Wii, or Transformers for 360. Wow, an extra 10% off a used game if I purchase a crappy new $40-$60 game. Whoo-hoo! There's also a coupon for a free rental if I rent one of those titles.

What a sucky set of coupons... I guess I get the lower tier crappy ones for renewing my MVP membership. That'll teach me :lol:.

In my experience, gamecrazy trade in values are extreme low compared to gamestop and EB even lower, but they PM trade ins or I heard so somewhere?

[quote name='CaoPi']In my experience, gamecrazy trade in values are extreme low compared to gamestop and EB even lower, but they PM trade ins or I heard so somewhere?[/QUOTE]
Where the hell do you live ? LOL

[quote name='CaoPi']In my experience, gamecrazy trade in values are extreme low compared to gamestop and EB even lower, but they PM trade ins or I heard so somewhere?[/quote]

Yeah, my local GZ will match Gamestop and Gamerush.

i got motorstorm today for 34.99 thnx to the 30% off i got from the store manager. was going to buy shenmue2 for xbox for 5 bucks and it ended being cracked so he told me for the "trouble" he would gimme 20% off any used game, i told him if it would stack with mvp and told me that yea he would gimme 30%total. didnt wanna pay retail for motorstorm but for 35 bucks i think its a good deal since it trades in for 33 there. oh and to top it off he gave me his personal card thats also good for another 20% game, sweet. btw this was in north las vegas gamecrazy.

I'm pretty friendly with my GameCrazy and most of its staff..so I don't want to be a douche and bring in a copy of a scan, so I'm still holding out hope that my mailer will come soon to my mailbox. Please GameCrazy gods.

[quote name='icarusmight']i got motorstorm today for 34.99 thnx to the 30% off i got from the store manager. was going to buy shenmue2 for xbox for 5 bucks and it ended being cracked so he told me for the "trouble" he would gimme 20% off any used game, i told him if it would stack with mvp and told me that yea he would gimme 30%total. didnt wanna pay retail for motorstorm but for 35 bucks i think its a good deal since it trades in for 33 there. oh and to top it off he gave me his personal card thats also good for another 20% game, sweet. btw this was in north las vegas gamecrazy.[/QUOTE]
Is this the one near Food For Less ? lol

[quote name='wizzyx3']I got turned down using the print out version of the coupon.
Oh well =([/QUOTE]
Are you MVP member ? I have no problem using print out coupon.

[quote name='nonggame']Is this the one near Food For Less ? lol[/quote]

i dont remember if there was one there but i know its off craig, between commerce and decatur, if that helps. not much in the "older" games category there but the stock with alot of the newer titles , new and used.:)

[quote name='CaoPi']In my experience, gamecrazy trade in values are extreme low compared to gamestop and EB even lower, but they PM trade ins or I heard so somewhere?[/QUOTE]

In my (rather extensive ;)) trade-in experience, EB/GS is by far at the bottom of the trade-in value heap. You need a special there (like the extra $5 for 3 games) to get even close to GC or GR. Gamecrazy is in the middle, with Gamerush giving out the highest values. Gamecrazy is more consistent though because Gamerush reduced most games they've had on clearance any time within the last year to $1.25 trade-in or less (even while they still sell used for much more than that). GC tends to have fairly consistent trade-in prices given the used sale prices.

Now certainly there are exceptions, but I have seen *very* few cases where EB/GS beats either GC or GR on a game.

Gamecrazy definitely beats EBStop nearly across the board in both higher trade in values and lower game prices.

Probably one of the reasons why they have been bleeding money for a long time.

If you are actually stupid enough to trade in a game like SMT Nocturne or Mario Power Tennis, yeah, you won't get as much in trade in credit at Game Crazy.

Basically, GC doesn't really sell any games over 1 year old for a high price used....pretty much goes to $24.99 & below range so they'd only be giving out may $6-9 in credit for some better titles where GS/EB would actually give $15-20. Like I said, its really only for games in which you'd be an idiot for trading in anyway.

If you didn't get the coupons (and don't feel bad - I didn't get the coupons and i'm an MVP member and I work there), they'll probably come after they're expired. They do for me. It's frustrating.

[quote name='Scorch']If you didn't get the coupons (and don't feel bad - I didn't get the coupons and i'm an MVP member and I work there), they'll probably come after they're expired. They do for me. It's frustrating.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! You are probably right. It just seemed particularly insulting that I got the useless 20% off a used game coupon which requires the purchase of a full-price licensed movie game first :bomb:.

Did anyone else get these? Also, to those who got the actual 20% extra trade-in credit coupon, where were they mailed from? Mine always come from Wilsonville, OR (Hollywood Video HQ). Maybe the people getting the good ones are getting them from some other place and are on a separate distribution system??

The other annoying aspect of my coupons is that they always say "GAME CRAZY GUEST" and not my actual name. You'd think being an "MVP" they could use your name :rofl:.

For those wondering, I printed out the image in the OP, and had no problem using it today to get a used Kameo and Fight Night Round 3 for $38 and change.

Also, for those wondering, here's some trade values for the Wiki.

Trace Memory (DS) - $4.95
Pikmin (GC) - $3.30
Super Mario Sunshine (GC) - $6.60
Resident Evil 4 (GC) - $8.10
Tony Hawk's Project 8 (360) - $30.24
Gears Of War (360) - $30.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360) - $33.00

That's just with MVP. I didn't use the 20% trade bump with them, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out (Marvel $36, Gears $33, Project 8 $33 and change).

^ Why didn't you use the trade-in bump?

Also, I've never been to GameCrazy before, but it was a good experience when I went. The Game selection for 360 wasn't quite as varied, but they had all the big games, and even a few that EB didn't. Prices were lower ACROSS the board, Gears of War was just $45 Used w/MVP.

I got Perfect Dark Zero for $16 and Moto GP for $18.50.

Armored Core 4 Trade-in: $33 (That show much I paid for it at Gamestop)
Project Gotham Racing: $11
Mech Assault 2(Xbox): $5

They automatically applied the 20% promo to up or down to everything I ordered, without even asking for coupon :)

GameCrazy Rocks!

bread's done
Back