Game Crazy (hollywood video) 3 for 10$

familin

CAG Veteran
I went to hollywood video the other day to kill some time and i saw in the game crazy they had a 3 for 10$ bin of games. they were for all systems excluding xbox 360,ps3,and psp. All the rest were there, even DS and good xbox.
i asked how long it would be going on and when it started, he said it started about 3-5 days ago and they would stop the sale asa they run out of crap.
they have different titles at every store so im gonna go check em out and get some games. they did have sports but suprisingly most werent. i picked up Metroid Prime: Echoes, Paper Mario 2, and Donky Konga 2, all for under 12$. i needed more GC games as i only had one :D anywho juct letting you all know. goodluck!

[quote name='familin']I went to hollywood video the other day to kill some time and i saw in the game crazy they had a 3 for 10$ bin of games. they were for all systems excluding xbox 360,ps3,and psp. All the rest were there, even DS and good xbox.
i asked how long it would be going on and when it started, he said it started about 3-5 days ago and they would stop the sale asa they run out of crap.
they have different titles at every store so im gonna go check em out and get some games. they did have sports but suprisingly most werent. i picked up Metroid Prime: Echoes, Paper Mario 2, and Donky Konga 2, all for under 12$. i needed more GC games as i only had one :D anywho juct letting you all know. goodluck![/quote]

Do they include Wii games?

There's two deals that he could be referring to:

GameCrazy "Classic Plastic" sale, 3 for 10 on anything dreamcast and back..

or the 3 for $10 on used XB, PS2 and GC.. only if they're 4.99 or less.

Neither Paper Mario 2 or Donkey Konga apply for the sale, so I dunno what the OP is talking about

[quote name='makwillownu']Soooo hollywood video is GAME CRAZY?!?!?! FO REAL?!

i seriously didnt know that...sooo is it?:roll: :roll:[/QUOTE]

Sometimes people just shouldn't post.

Yeah, I just called a couple of different GameCrazy stores and they only have the "classic plastics" on sale 3 for $10. They didnt know anything about GC, Xbox, DS, PS2, or anything else being on a similar sale.

must be YMMV if at all..

3 for 10 for classic plastic is a bit overrated now anyway since most of the good stuff is gone leaving all the 2 buck games left over. You'll be losing money trying to do the classic plastic deal.

They need to bumb it up to 4 for 10 or something so the value seems about right. even then its still not a good deal for the ultra cheap games. :whistle2:(

[quote name='defmonkey05']3 for 10 for classic plastic is a bit overrated now anyway since most of the good stuff is gone leaving all the 2 buck games left over. You'll be losing money trying to do the classic plastic deal.

They need to bumb it up to 4 for 10 or something so the value seems about right. even then its still not a good deal for the ultra cheap games. :whistle2:([/quote]

They did bump it up. It used to be 3 for 15, but once the good stuff disappeared, they dropped it to the current 3 for 10. In another 6-12 months I'm sure we'll see 4 for 10 or 3 for 5 or something else along those lines.

My GameCrazy has such a cardboard standee..The choices are pure poop though..alot of 1st Gen weak PS2 titles and such in addition to the classic plastic, which there isnt much of anything.

Buy 2 get 1 free one used Cube, XB, and PS2 games 4.99 or lower. Therefore some signs say "3 FOR $10" for this deal. And of course the classic plastic sale is 3 for $10.

No sales are YMMV for Game Crazy.

they tend to have pretty bad-shape condition used games, seems like they take anything since they do the buffering service thing...

I bought some cheap, used DC games from Hollywood Video a few years ago and they were in very beat-up condition. The only reason I didnt return them was because they worked and they were cheap. But I wouldent spend alot on a used game there.

[quote name='Warner1281']They did bump it up. It used to be 3 for 15, but once the good stuff disappeared, they dropped it to the current 3 for 10. In another 6-12 months I'm sure we'll see 4 for 10 or 3 for 5 or something else along those lines.[/QUOTE]

i doubt i would grab much even at 4 for 10 since i have no way to play GBA games (since the ds wont play them) I guess i could always use my

gamecube gameboy player but i would rather take them on the road

Oh, I get it. I've seen the B2G1F rack in front before. Didn't know Paper Mario 2 was a part of it. Almost any DS games would be cool for me if they are actually complete.

I actually thought maybe the poster was referring to Classic Plastic. That's actually why I checked here. Yeah, I can be a casserole.

no there was no wii...hah hah. thats funny question.
and it was not classic plastic. it was used games.
NO dreamcast, NO ps1, NO nes, and NO snes.

The only used games they had were USED XBOX,DS,PS2,GC, and GBA.

i went to another store and they had the 3 for 10$, and also had a 2 for 10$ with better games.

i purchased (xbox) Farcry: instincts, and (xbox) Samauri Warriors.

anywho...i still havent seen a "classic plastic" sale for like 4-6 months.

again this is not that. only USED. sorry if i cant be more help.

[quote name='slidecage']i doubt i would grab much even at 4 for 10 since i have no way to play GBA games (since the ds wont play them) [/quote]

Try the other hole on your DS.

GBC and GB games don't work, but GBA are just fine.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Try the other hole on your DS.

GBC and GB games don't work, but GBA are just fine.[/quote]

LOL, I wonder what he thought that other cartridge slot in the DS was for... :dunce:

This thread is full of misinformation on a deal that's been ongoing for some time (and is posted in another thread).

3/$10 on old gen
B2G1 Free on $4.99 current (or is it last?) gen., making it basically 3/$10

Request lock.

As usual this sale is YMMV. I went to the Hollywood Video in Franklin, TN today and did score a copy of TEST Drive Unlimited for $14.99. This particular store was having a "Buy 2 for $20" on titles $14.99 or less. Nothing else catched my eye so I just bought TDU, had it polished up and went on my marry way. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back